Re: Mankind project
Posted by: anonymous39 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 03:12PM

Sad that there were no replies to my last post. I guess all the MKPers have been chased off. I really did want to hear what they had to say.

I thought this was an excellent article, written from the woman's perspective, which is so completely ignored by MKP (the article doesn't name MKP, but it's very obvious):

My husband turned into a tree hugger... and it killed our marriage
By Hannah Angel

My husband strode into the room, eyes shining, and spoke to me in a rasping voice I'd never heard before; a husky, throaty voice redolent of Gauloises, a twinkle in the eye, a promise of passion, but what he said was: 'I have been shouting, I have been giving, I am spent.'

My eyes wandered down to the foreign object hanging around his neck. I could hardly bear to look at the wrinkled hessian bag dangling from a cord. I was informed it was a pouch filled with 'special' herbs.

I wondered whether he'd been smoking its contents. I lowered my gaze to his feet. Please don't let him be wearing Jesus sandals. A breath of relief swept through me when I saw his familiar trainers.

Yes, this was the man I'd lived with for 15 years, albeit in some sort of strange alien form.

He even smiled at me - something he hadn't done for months. I found myself wondering whether he had discovered the key to solving the problems of our increasingly troubled marriage - which, until six months earlier, had felt warm, happy and secure.

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:46AM

anonymous39
I thought this was an excellent article, written from the woman's perspective, which is so completely ignored by MKP (the article doesn't name MKP, but it's very obvious):

My husband turned into a tree hugger... and it killed our marriage

By Hannah Angel

My husband strode into the room, eyes shining, and spoke to me in a rasping voice I'd never heard before; a husky, throaty voice redolent of Gauloises, a twinkle in the eye, a promise of passion, but what he said was: 'I have been shouting, I have been giving, I am spent.'

My eyes wandered down to the foreign object hanging around his neck. I could hardly bear to look at the wrinkled hessian bag dangling from a cord. I was informed it was a pouch filled with 'special' herbs.

Yes, this is most definitely Mankind Project UK-style. They have now decamped to the West Country near Exeter, and have to use a Mongolian yurt. They used to meet at a Scout Camp near a place called Stone in the North of England. That was until some parents of scouts complained that 'strange' men were running around the local woods naked. MKP then had all of its bookings cancelled and will never be allowed to use Scout or Guide properties again. Sadly in the USA MKP still uses Kiwanis and YMCA Camps which gives them some kind of perverted authorisation to continue with their illegal abuse of vulnerable men. And don't forget that MKP also has a 'men for boys' or is it 'boys for men' programme. Bunch of perverts. ST.

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: July 13, 2010 04:55PM

Here's a comment from a reader of the Daily Mail article. Pretty much sums up all the objections.

Any organization that demands that sort of secrecy is designed to break up relationships. How could anyone "accept and love him as he is" when he refuses to communicate with her or put into the relationship even 1% of the energy he devotes to his cult?

- BrianF, St Paul, MN, US, 22/1/2010 04:10

Date: July 13, 2010 05:08PM

Another person opined:

"It's a cult - they prey on people with low self-esteem and give them a 'new life' that involves estranging themselves from family and work and gradually syphoning all their money from them. They will be encourage to blame others for their lack of understanding and so become more ingrained with the 'group mind'. Dangerous and immoral - it's not a new problem but also one which hasn't been afforded serious attention, except in France where they are considering new laws against sects and cults. It also often occurs when an unhealthy relationship starts between a therapist and a client, I believe the writer Fay Weldon experienced this when her husband went 'AWOL'. I'm glad this lady has managed to make a new life for herself away from the chaos her husband caused.
- Pip, Suffolk, 21/1/2010 10:20

Date: July 16, 2010 05:36PM

OMG - first they have the 'men for boys' / 'boys for men' programme, now they're extending the perversion to little girls.

Fathers can introduce their daughters into the world of MKP/WW. Notice all the "safe container" and other MKP mumbo jumbo. For little girls ages 5 and up! But ...

WHY ARE MOTHERS/WIVES EXPLICITLY EXCLUDED? WHY IS ALL OF THIS OUTSIDE THE FAMILY UNIT?

==============

A recent internal email from MKP announces:

Men, still a couple of spots open:

The Mankind Project, Windsor/Detroit

Presents our:

2nd Father - Daughter Weekend [without Mother]

July 30 – Aug. 1, 2010

Lansing, MI

PLAY, LEARN, CREATE, HONOR, CONNECT

Daughters ages 5 and up are welcome

In today's busy world, it is often difficult for fathers to find time to spend alone with their daughters [why alone, what about the mother/wife, what about the family unit?].

The Father-Daughter Weekend provides an opportunity to have fun, learn, grow, create, love, honor and—most important—play. [Play with each other's daughters??!!! ... naked I suppose, in a sweat lodge, passing a dildo round in a share circle, ... OMG!!!]

The purpose of the Father-Daughter Weekend is to create an opportunity for dads and other male role models [sounds like grooming] to gather with their daughters. We also welcome grandfathers, uncles, mentors [who?, guide leaders, teachers maybe?] and big sisters to join us . [BUT NO MOTHERS!!]

This weekend is open to both ManKind Project members and non-members. [Yeah but it can also be a recruitng drive into MKP, especially without any mothers/wives being there.]

Activities include: sports, water balloon tag, capture the flag, zip line, mask making, campfire, drumming, survival game, storytelling, introduction to a sweat lodge, rituals, and plenty of nature. [Sweat lodge for 5-year olds, and rituals???!!!]

INTENTION: To create a safe & fun place for fathers and daughters to discover the bonds between them.[OUTSIDE THE FAMILY UNIT AND EXCLUDING MOTHERS/WIVES]

Recommended for daughters 5 years of age and older.

It is our intention that:

· Each father and daughter will become skilled with a clear, simple model of feelings —what they are, how they are experienced, and the choices each of us has with what to do with them.

· Opportunities to practice a model for simple, clear, clean conflict resolution. The intention is for father and daughter to learn a healthy way of communicating.

· Each daughter age 13 and older will be welcomed into the circle of men and honored through a ceremony prepared by the [collective] fathers. [Again excluding the mothers] [And isn't the age of consent higher than 13?]

· Each father and daughter will deepen the bonds in their relationship.

BE A PART OF THIS MAGICAL WEEKEND July 30 – August 1, 2010

Daughters 5 years and up welcome.

Weekend includes:

All Meals:

Friday evening snack [sounds like MKP starvation rations again]

Saturday three squares [sounds like MKP starvation rations again]

Sunday breakfast & lunch

Two Overnights:

Friday, 7 PM – Sunday 2 PM

Sheltered space for your mattress is limited [otherwise you get to sleep out of doors - mind the bugs!!]

Registrations with payment get first option.

Otherwise bring a tent.

The Father-Daughter Weekend offers a safe container [there's that MKP 'safe container' again - the one that abuses men, screws up thousands of marriages and familty units, and is actually nothng but part of an abusive anti-women, anti-family cult?] to just be with yourself and your daughter(s) in the presence of other fathers and daughters [excluding their respective wives/mothers too]. Do whatever it takes to give you and your daughter this gift [to be with dad, without mum his wife, outside the family unit, for an entire weekend].

SPACE LIMITED TO FIRST 12 REGISTERED FATHERS & THEIR DAUGHTERS [what about the other male role models, uncles, mentors, grandfathers, big sisters, ... but NOT mothers? Are they really invited? Will there be room for them too? How many more can come?]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2010 06:04PM by SeekingTruth.

Posted by: anonymous39 ()
Date: July 17, 2010 12:44AM

Hah!

Well they've met their match here, and I suspect with many other mothers. I have two little girls, and they will attend something like this without me OVER MY DEAD BODY. And I mean that. If I had to get a court order to prevent it, kick my husband out of the house, whatever it took.

I would feel the same about any belief-based weekend, Buddhist, Catholic, Environmental, whatever, but certainly not MKP. Would be shocked (and much more interested in getting involved in anti-MKP activities) if this one had any success. Moms may tolerate one thing in their adult husbands, but when it comes to their children, it's a whole other ball of wax. Bring it on, MKP.

Posted by: doubtful ()
Date: August 03, 2010 10:51PM

You wrote, "Based upon the MKP manual and the coercive persuasion techniques it exhibits, MKP deeply troubled history of bad press, complaints and personal injuries (e.g. wrongful death lawsuit) I would not recommend MKP to anyone for anything."
I am new to this forum on MP but I have been active on the one dealing with the SGI. I got out after 21 years of active participation just a few months ago. Last summer, a good friend told me about MP. He had been alluding to it for some time and then he came out and asked me to participate in one of their training weekends. The first clue I had that something was strange was the obvious secrecy about MP's techniques which became more apparent when I reviewed the waiver which needed to be signed. I also found the $600 off-putting since I could not understand how a weekend at a local venue needed to be that expensive. Even the SGI FNCC retreats were significantly cheaper. The next clue changed my mind. He told me there were scholarships available but what became clear was that there would be pressure to staff future meetings and to recruit new participants. He also had someone call me to ask about my participation. After having spent 20 years in evangelizing SGI, I knew I did not want any organization that would expect me to bring in new converts. I am so tired of that aspect of so many groups that claim to help you develop personally. Finally, since I made it clear, eventually, that I would not attend, I felt that he lost interest in me. In fact, I never heard from him again, even when I left him a message in distress. Given how close we once were, this reminded me of how I used to resent those I tried to convert to SGI but refused. It only occurred to me yesterday to start researching MP here. As I have read the posts, I have not concluded that MP is a cult, but I have concluded that its secrecy, cost, and recruitment drives add up to something I cannot put my finger on. If anyone can clarify what exactly it is that MP is trying to do and who is profiting from it, either let me know now or direct to the pages on this forum where I can get a better idea.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2010 10:59PM by doubtful.

Date: August 04, 2010 01:50AM

Read this thread from beginning to end. There are loads of links and reports here. Also join the Yahoo Group [ex_mkp] at [groups.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 01:51AM by SeekingTruth.

Posted by: doubtful ()
Date: August 08, 2010 06:48AM

I have a naive question, do some of the organizations that get criticized on Rick Ross actively try to censor the forum or shut it down altogether? I am aware of moles and troles. I have seen them on the SGI thread. After reading posts on MP I started getting a little concerned that these organizations claiming to help people have to resort to secret rules and practices and clandestine subversive tactics. I am not sure if RR is at liberty to discuss their maneuvers--but secrecy, money, and special understanding may appeal to young, vulnerable people but now I will see these red flags if they appear when anyone tries to turn me on to an LGAT or an unusual religious organization. While I don't want to become cynical I am grateful to Rick Ross for giving us the tools to investigate and a place to begin the recovery process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2010 06:56AM by doubtful.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: August 08, 2010 09:12AM

doubtful, sorry to report that many groups have sued Rick Ross Institute to stop what he does for us all. Thankfully, almost all have failed. Here is one of the hard-fighting loser LGAT's:

[www.culteducation.com]

Here is the latest in this moron's losing streak (read and you will see Ross Institute mentioned):

[www.cultnews.com]

Earlier, you can read more of this failed moron here:

[www.cultnews.com]

One of my favorites is the failed hacker of RRI being arrested:

[www.cultnews.com]

Bookmark cultnews.com for new and future postings from Mr. Ross.

I don't know if MKP has tried to attack the Truth (aka RRI), but if they do try they will probably fail like others. Rick Ross has successfully fought off attempts by cults and abusive groups from getting access to the personal information from all of us who post here. Why would these groups like this info? To torment, terrorize and harrass all of us.

Fuggetaboutit.

Ross wins. Case closed.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2010 09:32AM by Sparky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.