"Leaders don't inflict pain. They bear pain." ~ Max DePree

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: September 27, 2008 05:08AM

For your reading to consider.

2 Corinthians 11
Paul and the False Apostles
1I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. 2I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

7Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge? 8I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you. 9And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so. 10As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine. 11Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do! 12And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

MY THOUGHTS:
It is clear at this point that not only have many been deceived around us but those whom are deceived have gloried in their personal ideals of "ignorance". It seems that many find it much easier to THROW OUT the testimonies of others calling it "GOSSIP" or "OPINIONS", rather than look into the matter try and legitimize the truth in it. WHY? I believe it is because the discovery and admission of genuine TRUTH in anything, only holds us personally accountable to ACT on this truth. If we can act IGNORANT and "CONVINCE" ouselves that ALL of these testimonies and practices of the church around us are false, gossip and opinion only, than WE NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DISCOVERING THE REAL TRUTH. The results: We never have to carry the weight of accountability of our own ignorance and potential wrong doings. More than this, we never have to admit that ALL THE TIME, MONEY, LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS that we invested in were potentially false or fake. It is hard for many to swallow the truth that we were "deceived" by a man or principality on such a large scale.

This is where the rubber meets the road or God separated Chaff from the Wheat. We do our own sifting. HOW? I believe it is by our desire accompanied by our aggressive actions to SEEK TRUTH, and when we find it, to do whatever is necessary to follow it.

A COUPLE OF THINGS TO CONSIDER:

* DO YOU BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD?
* ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE THE WORD AND TEST IT AGAINST whatever you have learned and have come to know?

If so... Determine who your pastor is. Specifically at RLC, many of you have come to know TOny as an Apostle. Go back and RE-READ the above paragraph and also what I am posting next. REMEMBER... Paul states such deceitful workers masquerade as Apostles of Christ. They come as LIGHT and so do their servants. That means that they teach truth!!!! It is just masqueraded as truth, but by actions and motives it is false. PLEASE READ BELOW!!

2 Corinthians 12:12

12The things that mark an apostle—signs, wonders and miracles—were done among you with great perseverance.

THIS IS THE WORD OF GOD! I am not speaking out of opinion, but truth. Determine for yourselves or just glory in IGNORANCE! Its up to all of us to choose.

No this though... It is disapointing to know that many have been thrown into confusion and have perverted the Gospel. How do we know it has been perverted? Look at the fruit. Look at the damage, the hurt, the offense, the "following away from God" as a result of the perpetuated perversion. JUST LOOK!

GALATIANS 1:6-9
6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

Recently I have been spoken of in a very derogatory way, slandered by some elders with many lies. They even admitted to not EVER LOOKING AT THIS FORUM! How can one be objective with playing ignorant? Are we on here causing division? NO! We are trying to help some find God again while helping the "SHATTERED BODY" be reconciled again and be found whole. Is there more division being caused in the process? YES! For a while until others become divided from things that are causing them pain. All I want, is for the people and elders, and all of us to do what is right. I want this whole charade to be done with. I want ALL of us to be reconciled and be one again. This can only happen when the one who is REBIULDING THE DIVIDING WALL OF HOSTILITY that Jesus brought down is stopped. I ONLY PRAY THAT GOD WILL SPEED before anyone else is hurt.

-Ryan-

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: September 27, 2008 11:28AM

Deja Vu
Recently I have been spoken of in a very derogatory way, slandered by some elders with many lies. They even admitted to not EVER LOOKING AT THIS FORUM! How can one be objective with playing ignorant? Are we on here causing division? NO! We are trying to help some find God again while helping the "SHATTERED BODY" be reconciled again and be found whole. Is there more division being caused in the process? YES! For a while until others become divided from things that are causing them pain. All I want, is for the people and elders, and all of us to do what is right. I want this whole charade to be done with. I want ALL of us to be reconciled and be one again. This can only happen when the one who is REBIULDING THE DIVIDING WALL OF HOSTILITY that Jesus brought down is stopped. I ONLY PRAY THAT GOD WILL SPEED before anyone else is hurt.

-Ryan-

Ryan- "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.”

A demonic spirit has led Tony C and the Elders of RLC to assume unbiblical authority that violates the clear teaching of Jesus on the topic of leadership and institutionalized organizational structure that is completely conformed to this world system and is completely absent from the organic Ecclesia that is demonstrated within the pages of the New Testament.

Luke 22:25-26 “ Jesus said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. But it is not this way with you, but the one who is the greatest among you must become like the youngest, and the leader like the servant.”

Tony C. teaches and exercises authority over and claims that those who submit or beneficiaries of he and the Elders exercising authority over those who are under them. Jesus is this passages clearly says “You are not like that” followed by explaining that among his followers the greatest are like the youngest meaning like one with no authority over any one and those who the most servant like are the leaders. Not just Tony and RLC Elders, but every institutional church I know of teaches and practices the exact opposite of this. I believe this is part of what is at the root of all the issues at RLC and every other non-organic relational community of believers.

Posted by: his daughter ()
Date: September 28, 2008 12:47AM

It is so funny that you just posted that scripture Tom, because as I was in the word this morning and I came across the same one. I was so excited to post it, and you beat me to it! I find great comfort and healing in this:

Matthew 5:10-11 (NAS)
Those who are treated badly for doing good are happy, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to them. People will insult you and hurt you. They will lie and say all kinds of evil things about you because you follow me. But when they do, you will be happy. Rejoice and be glad, because you have a great reward waiting for you in heaven. People did the same evil things to the prophets who lived before you.

In His Love- Sara

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: September 28, 2008 12:25PM

Everyone!
Now is the time to Pray specifically asking God that He would pull down all the strong holds surrounding the saints at Radiant Life. That the Elders who still tolerate this false teacher would be dealt with by the holy spirit. That this false teacher, false prophet and false apostle would be strongly dealt with by the holy spirit.

We need to remain united and vigilant as the enemy will look for any way to justify his position and philosophy's, justifying a particular life style etc.

Again Tony I implore you to evaluate and assess the devastation your teachings have caused the many people of Radiant Life Church. I ask that you would Stop practicing the Spiritual Parenting and give back all the children you have taken from there natural parents. I also Ask that you would repent from this evil teaching and submit yourself to a NEW group of elders that are voted in by the church congregation!

The bottom line is your teachings are wicked beyond reality and it needs to stop immediately!
before another person gets hurt!!

Posted by: kevinreta ()
Date: September 30, 2008 01:57AM

So this is it? Is this the extent of those who have come out of a relegious system. That we preach against our brothers and sisters in our Father's name. We promote hatred, division, pain in the name of our bother Jesus who clearly set the example and standard for us to follow. Trust me I am no saint as a matter of fact I recently did something that was evil and cruel and in the eyes of me totally disquailifys me from even speaking to others about how we should act. But I confessed my sin to my Father and I apologized to those that I'm sure I hurt. I'ts because I can't live like that that quailifies me as a saint. It's what qualifies us all, our desire to not remain the same and to some how walk in the love for others that he put within us qualifies us to recieve his grace. That act is called repentence.
It's obvious that God is at work in His body and He is pulling down strong-holds that we have put our hope and trust in. Stong-holds such as putting a man of God in front of the God of man, clearly that is unbiblical. I did that one for long time and I reaped major problems. Or putting our wieght on a system of beliefs that others agree with and if someone dosn't walk in those same beliefs then they must surley be ungodly. That is clearly wrong too. There is countless other things we put so much weight on, our spouse, children, job, future, money, calling, etc. I have done all that and If I am not careful I'll continue to do it. I know even as I write this many of you can easily discount what I have to say based on my mistakes I've made in life. I'm not writing trying to win favor with anyone. All I am trying to say is that I've tried healing and dealing with my pain in so many different ways like most of us, and the only way out of this mess for me is to continue to appologize for my mistakes, and practice forgiveness to those who have hurt me. It is the only true way out of this mess. I really hope that through our difficulties as a church that in these last hours God could give us the strength to truley be one with him and one with eachother. Every one of us desperetly needs Jesus and the way he designed his body is that we need eachother too.

Sincerley,

Kevin Reta

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: September 30, 2008 02:34AM

kevinreta
So this is it? Is this the extent of those who have come out of a relegious system. That we preach against our brothers and sisters in our Father's name. We promote hatred, division, pain in the name of our bother Jesus who clearly set the example and standard for us to follow....

Kevin~

I don't believe you have read everyone's postings clearly if you believe the above quote. I also wonder if you have actually spoken to any of us and looked us in the eye as we share our experiences. Look into our eye, the windows to our souls, and find out if we are really wanted to divide the body of Christ, if there is hate there, if we want to see people in pain....Please re-evaluate our motives before you accuse us of evil doing.

Thanks,

Nicole

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 02:35AM by Escapee07.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: September 30, 2008 08:12AM

I responded to Kevin Reta on this public forum but after reconsidering I am taking the message off and sending it to him in a private message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 08:31AM by whatajoke.

Posted by: timeforchange ()
Date: September 30, 2008 08:49AM

It with great dismay that I this message. Long have i cried out for change at RLC. Long have i been one who has discredited others for how they deal with their pain. Unfortunately Radiant Life has left a long wake of hearts dealt with poorly. Having been one in leadership who dealt with hearts badly or just remained silent. I am extremely sorry. All of you were dealt with beyond badly, there are no words to describe what has happen to you or even to my own family along the way. I want all you to know, I know many of you and i know your stories all too well. I have been friends with many of you. It wasn't ok. I was never ok. I was wrong and so were/are those currently in leadership denying anything ever happened. Continue to find healing, let God vindicate what has happened. Please don't go silent. There are many still at RLC looking for answers. While not everything here can i condone or know to be true, i can say much of what it here is unrevokably true and extremely sad. What had been done by the leadership of RLC was disasterous. I am sorry. I don't know where healing begins, I am trying to figure that our for myself, I do know that recognition is the first step to recovery. Which by the way is a long process. Freedom writers keep writing. Many don't understand, at first neither did I. But now i get it. Thank you for honest and real truth.

Posted by: former leader ()
Date: September 30, 2008 01:22PM

As a former leader of RLC I have sat back and just watched this forum since the begining.It was my thought that everything that I have to say has already been posted here in one form or the other by multiple people so I have sat silent. Well with RLC Katy supposedly breaking ties with Tony I can stay silent no longer. Let me first say that I was a leader under Tom Borsic for many many years and considred him my dicipler and spiritual father, all that to say I know him very well. If anybody on this forum or anywhere in the world thinks that Tom will really break ties with Tony is badly mistaken. Lets just look at the timing of this so called revalation Tom had to leave RLC and Tony's authority. The church in Katy is down to about thirty people, and the people there are very leary of Tony after all the intenet attention he has been getting, not to mention the astronomical odds of both Laguna and Katy breaking ties at the same time. It sounds like a desperate attempt to control the damage if you ask me. I do have one question, If you apologize only after you have been found out is that a real apology? You cannot cover up years of abuse and destruction spread over two states with a half hearted apology and a new sign on the door. To the people who read this forum: this just like everything they do is just another strategic business move to try and save some revenue. What Tom doesn't understand is that this like every business move has a loop hole. For instance, if Tom is really cutting ties with Tony (he is most certainly not) because of Tony's misteachings, then what qualifies Tom to be a pastor? All of his training and biblical schooling (Soma) has come under Tony's teachings. Tom if you are really breaking free and obeying what God has comanded you to do then I wish you the best and hope you take some time to get your life in order but, if this is just another clever business move to salvage your revenue stream, then brother I am seriously concerned about your soul!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.