Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: MichelleBurke ()
Date: October 14, 2008 12:25PM

To Nicole-

Yes it was almost like the "pity" stare that they would give.....
Like, "so sorry you aren't coming here.... so your a pagen now" stare.....

The question that was always asked.... "So how have you been doing?" with that head tilt thing..... and then they would nod a couple times....hehe=)
it's kinda funny now.... but in the beginning I dreaded it... I would actually avoid talking to certain people at church because I knew that now everything I said would be put through the "outsider" filter... so I wouldn't be talked to the same way... and some of it I started believing.. like maybe I am bad now because I'm not as connected here...

But when I really looked I realized that I was beginning to be who I really am for the first time.... instead who I have been taught I should be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 14, 2008 12:33PM

Thanks Guess Who for sharing the quote from Thomas Muthee “God will never put you in authority until you can come under authority. Your right to exercise authority depends on how much you are under authority. The biggest curse of the church today is an independent spirit. The day you find yourself not under authority is the day you have forsaken your right to exercise authority. The day you exercise authority not under authority, independent authority will lead to witchcraft. Rebellion is like witchcraft. This is also the day you are uncovered to all your enemies. DON’T – If you do not have anyone in your life the tells you DON’T then you are not under authority.”

The fact that Tony has broken off all relationships with all Christian leaders in the Sacramento area, everybody should take note of that characteristic! Here is a man who cannot keep a relationship with other believers.
Why would a man pose as an apostle of God yet not have any relationships with the churches in the Sacramento area where he lives? Sure he had several relationships with churches back on 2000-2002 but go ask the Christian Church leaders from One Voice, the Sacramento Pastors Prayer Huddle and the Sacramento Prayer Covenant what happened? Go ask them and get there answer because Tony will tell you that they broke off the relationship when he sued Buzz Oats but the truth is that the was asserting his supposed authority onto the other pastors here in Sacramento and they had the spiritual insight to not continue a relationship with him.

Tony has been able to persuade the church in Marysville Washington that he is some kind of an Apostle. What miracles and signs of wonders accompany Tony? Hmm…let just go back in time and look at Hurricane Rita for one example... This stunt was nothing more that Tony sitting in his hotel room watching the news and seeing the reports. Then grabbing Brandon and Tom who were so caught up serving people that they had no idea that the hurricane was already turning north. He drove them through road barricades and posted road blocks all the way out to Galveston Texas. Then standing on the storm wall of Galveston he prayed the storm would turn away from Huston Texas. WAHT-A-JOKE!
Remember how they all cam back telling the story of the supposed miracle????
Well sorry folks that was just another one of Tony’s Stunts!!!
Trust me it will be said that Tony is a Phony Apostle, a Phony Prophet and a Phony Teacher.

How can anyone accept his Strategic Advance Teachings when he teaches manipulation through his strategizing? I’m sure you people who have endured his teaching can testify to this. This is where his thinking comes from justifying that it is ok to use people up for there resources and discard them as “necessary causalities”.

I hope that Turning Point Church and SOMA Northwest in Marysville, Washington can save there fellowship from all the hurt and pain that follows Tony's teachings.

Then again you have to wonder how is West Sacramento Radiant Life doing in all this charade of teachings from Tony???

Posted by: timeforchange ()
Date: October 14, 2008 08:40PM

Michelle,

I firest want to say I am sincerely sorry for all that you and yours have had to endure. I asked many times what was being done to correct this issues and to maintain accountability. I was told it was none of my business and that proper "authority" was handling it.

It should have been pushed further, after several attempts I finally just gave up. I should never have given up. You and Sean are amazing and so miss seeing your smile on a regular basis. I am grateful God had taken you up in his arms and is bringing healing. May he continue to bring blessing and grow up in both of you a strong sense of who you are in Him. May you never again have to follow authority that will not do you go.

Posted by: Serenalol ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:24AM

Just wondering... still going to RLC. Love the people. Love serving. Been praying for all of you and the leadership, too. Boiling it all down, I've never been hurt. I've received incredible teaching. I have a place to go and worship the Lord with all my heart, until I began reading this blog. Nothing in my personal walk has put me in the path of the hurt, the lies, the pain that is described here.
What am I to do? I keep praying and God keeps listening. I know an answer is coming. It is just hard to wait and not take matters into my own hands. I am very good at fending for myself, that is not the answer, though.
I have almost 5 decades of experience with my ABCs: Anger, Bitterness, Criticism, Deceit, Envy. Fear, Fending, Fighting, Greed, Hate, Inflicting harm and Judging. I have little experience doing things God's way and taking His yoke. So waiting and praying is very hard.

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: October 16, 2008 01:22AM

Serenalol
Just wondering... still going to RLC. Love the people. Love serving. Been praying for all of you and the leadership, too. Boiling it all down, I've never been hurt. I've received incredible teaching. I have a place to go and worship the Lord with all my heart, until I began reading this blog. Nothing in my personal walk has put me in the path of the hurt, the lies, the pain that is described here.
What am I to do? I keep praying and God keeps listening. I know an answer is coming. It is just hard to wait and not take matters into my own hands. I am very good at fending for myself, that is not the answer, though.
I have almost 5 decades of experience with my ABCs: Anger, Bitterness, Criticism, Deceit, Envy. Fear, Fending, Fighting, Greed, Hate, Inflicting harm and Judging. I have little experience doing things God's way and taking His yoke. So waiting and praying is very hard.

I am not bitter and I have forgiven Tony C. and all other RLC leadership. However it is possible to forgive, love, and still exercise the wisdom to cut off relationships with people who are abusive and dishonest and therefore not trust worthy and unrepentant.

I didn't spend 5 decades on the "ABC's," but I spent at least one decade and I understand that once you have been ruled by them and set free the last thing one desires is to go back there. Having experienced the fruit of that way of living makes me desire to forgive A.S.A.P. I never again want to experience the death that poured into my important relationship and into me.

The only thing I can tell you is my experience. I do not have time and in truth I do not wish to go into it in detail as I find personally doing so causes me to re-live the negative emotions, which could be an indication I still need more healing.

I spent 12 years at RLC and the first 4 years my experience was the same as you have described as yours. However I was not involved with much during that period I mostly just attended Sunday Services.

The following 8 years is when things, began to go down hill for me as that is when abuse, neglect, marginalization, and outright betrayal started happening progressively more to me by Pastor’s and Elder’s after I became viewed by them as a leader. It got so bad that my son and daughter refused to continue going to RLC as they could not stand seeing the way I was being treated how that my service and leadership where being shown little to no support while others were being treated like celebrities.

I was finally told by one Elder who to his credit was honest enough to be candid that the reason my leadership and the team I lead was marginalized and not supported by RLC Elder’s and Pastors is, because I was following the vision God gave me and not the not seeking to serve the vision of Tony C. That is even though he admitted that all the Elders and Pastors acknowledge that I was doing what God called me to do. Matter fact Tony C. privately told me I was function in the roll of a pastor of the residents of the Budget Inn.

If you would like to learn more details about some of my personal experiences you can use this forums search function and put my name in to search box for user name search to view my first few posts.

My advice is RUN from RLC as fast as you can! However if you are not sure what to do even after reading all the posts on this forum that you start asking Tony C. and the RLC Elders hard direct questions, and that you ask God for discernment regarding the answers you receive. Talk to Ken Stewart the Pastor of what used to be RLC Laguna and is now called Open Door and ask why they severed ties with RLC Sacramento and Tony C.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2008 01:34AM by TomWilson.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 16, 2008 02:54AM

More notes from Tony's teachings. 5/27/03 Unless you are sent by one with authority you have none. Authority is gained through submission to someone who has legitimate authority. You are entitled to your own opinion and can hold that opinion for eternity in hell. We have no opinion or authority unless specifically given that authority. Recognize who has God placed me in authority over and who am I under. The only way to get to the supernatural outcome is to submit to those in authority. 6/3/03 To understand and grow in authority you must recognize and respond to the vision and values of those in authority over you. To grow in authority you must 1) Obediance – submit to your leaders and obey them 6/10/03 If we resist we become kindling at the very least we don’t become the arrow. At the core we must submit ourselves to the whole process.

Is it just me or does anyone else see anything wrong here?

Date: October 16, 2008 03:10AM

I too love the people there at Radiant Life!

But what grieves my heart, is one day I looked out and did not see key people still attending RLC anymore. I would ask leadership where did they go or ask what happened and I would get that pat answer 'Oh, they were never really one of us' meaning that they were never a believer in Jesus Christ? And yes, I admit I would believe what I was being told for months until I actually ran across a couple of the families that had left Radiant Life only to hear there real story as to why they left RLc.

Then I began to experienced first hand the teachings of Tony’s Spiritual Parenting which biblically never occurred with a male and female!!! it was like Timothy and Titus were to the apostle Paul. [
b]For Tony Spiritual Parenting is nothing less than a false teaching and heresy that he taught at Radiant Life. Spiritual Parenting is simply an excuse for Tony to have an emotional affair with other woman in the church! yes it is very similar to polygamy! when he attaches his Covenant Relationship with his Spiritual Parenting!!![/b]
Currently Tony is having emotional affairs with Christine Childs, Veronica Ott, Aubry Stewart, Kelli Huth, Cathy Skinner just for starters! Do i need to name others?
This life style is an aberration to the Gospel!!!!!

Look for yourself…do you see Tony modeling a normal life style?? even with his own Family? Rose enables Tony to live as if he is King David enjoying the emotional concubines that he has assembled.
His relationship with his own children are estranged…his children don’t have the freedom to play out side with the surrounding neighbor kids. You will not see them outside playing like normal children. It is unfortunate that Tony lives like a prisoner in his own house.

yet Tony is the one who profited each time a church member would purchase a house from the builder. Yeah, that’s right Tony received an average $3000 from each members house that they bought. Therefore, it is easy to assess that Tony received over $40,000.
Now look at the extravagant gifts that Tony is in possession of today:
1 Fully loaded Diesel Ford Excursion
1 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle
1 Luxury Sport model Volvo
1 Sport Motorcycle
1 Ford Mustang
1 COBRA
(which is a very practical family car or car for ministry)

then how many homes does Tony own or have an invested intrest in?.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:31AM

Interesting how Tony publically gave the Cobra to the church Elders and it was returned by the Elders to him privately.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:45AM

I hear that the general assembly meeting is coming up at RLC! Other poster can add to the list I am about to suggest be asked.

Does Tony really make a 6 figure salary?
What happened to the money for the Phillipines orphanage?
Who exactly are the elders of the church, what is there role at RLC.
What other church bodies is RLC connected to, outside of the churchs that Tony oversees?
Who does Tony recieve his counsel from, who does he answer too. If he says it is the elders then who do they answer too? ( We ALL answer to God, I mean to imply what Godly counsel outside of RLC do they have)

Just some idea's for questions. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS go to the meeting and ASK in the assembly of members...Whoever you may be, be sure other people have questions.

Date: October 16, 2008 06:09AM

Does Tony really make a 6 figure salary?
YES AND SOME $$$ + GIFTS
What happened to the money for the Philippines orphanage?
THE ORPHANAGE WAS JUST ANOTHER ONE OF TONY'S LIES.
Who exactly are the elders of the church,
THAT IS A GOOD QUESTION....I BELIEVE THAT THE LINE UP HAS JUST CHANGED
what is there role at RLC.?
TO TOLLORATE TONYS FALSE TEACHING.
ALLOWING TONY TO ENJOY THE AFFAIRS OF HIS EMOTIONAL CONCUBINE THAT HE HAS ASSEMBLED THROUGH HIS SPIRITUAL PARENTING TEACHING.
AND TO GIVE HIM OUTLANDISH GIFTS LIKE THE COBRA

What other church bodies is RLC connected to, outside of the churches that Tony oversees?
TURNING POINT CHURCH OF MARYSVILLE WASHINGTON and WEST SACRAMENTO RADIANT LIFE.
Who does Tony receive his counsel from?
TONY WILL TELL YOU IT IS GOD....BUT WE ALL KNOW BETTER….CAN YOU SAY THE DEVIL
who does he answer too.
NO BODY
If he says it is the elders then who do they answer too?
THEY ALL ANSWEER TO TONY
( We ALL answer to God, (ULTIMENTLY WE WILL BUT UNTILL THEN ) I mean to imply what Godly counsel outside of RLC do they have)
NONE

In fact, I would ask what Credentials Does Tony have in the first place?
Did he ever Graduate High School and Collage?
Where did he get his theological degree?
And does he hold a valid ministerial license?

How much money did he receive from THE CHURCH OF GOD ANDERSON INDIANA when they planted RLC Laguna, RLC West Sacramento and RLC Katy?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.