Re: Radiant Life Church of Sacramento, California, Pastor Tony Cunningham
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: April 17, 2009 11:28AM

Please note: due to the glitch in moving this thread, there is no way to add or note the 169,700+ views that were registered to the glitch on this 16th day of April 2009

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Iseenow ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:03PM

So recently I heard from an ex-elder that Tony is or at least was and did lie to the elder about the vision to plant 10 churches per year nationally and 100 internationally. I know, I have many notes on Tony speaking about this. Here is just one excerpt: 3/24/06 "Since 1991 the adult population has increased in the USA by 15% yet less are going to church. Only 6% of those 18 or older who have never come will ever come to Christ. In other words 94% will go to hell. The purpose of SOMA is to have people live as part of the body of Christ as in Acts 4. In 5 yrs. to plant 10 new churches in the US and 100 in 3rd world or developing nations for 10yrs. . January 2011 - January 2021. It will take about 2 million per year or 20 million for 10 years." I will stop here but the next part gets even more interesting. Let's just talk about his current denial of ever stating this. What Tony has said now is that 10 & 100 for 10yrs. was for him not for the body. As usual he is now changing his story around to fit what works for him. Otherwise his great prophetic word falls flat to the ground. What about all the SOMA students who went and spent time money and every type of energy thinking they were going to help plant churches and see people get saved. What about them? Did they waste their resources on a vision that wasn't for them? Who is Tony to think that he can save the other 94% or even that the other 94% really are going to hell? Is he the judge? Is he the Almighty? Does he serve such a small god that statistical examples dictate eternity? What happened to the church planting vision? What happened to all those SOMA students? Ever class started out one size and finished 30-60% smaller. Is this the man who touts himself as such a great leader? Here is just one more example of this man being a pathological liar. His arrogance knows no bounds.

Posted by: smileygrl81 ()
Date: April 20, 2009 11:22AM

I am writing to say that I had attended radiant life church and had stopped attending because I thought that if I attended the church, I would be supporting a person who I thought was wrong. However, I did not realize how wrong i was and the misconceptions I had. One man at th church would frequently tell me " it's the poop" but I didn't understand what he meant and thought he was supporting what pastor tony was doing and tried to brainwash me. After much thought, I finally understand.
I am not saying that I agree with what pastor tony had done. stealing money, lying, etc undoubtly is wrong but those are things that pastor tony will have to deal with on judgement day. I was passing a judgement on him whn he had done nthing to me. I can know say he had done anything to me and on top of that, the teaching from sundays services have rally helped me to become a better person and understand more of what being a christian is about. People make mistakes and pastor tony is a human being and when you put your hope in a human being instead of God, you will always end up short and disappointed. I have learned that its not about how the pastor steals money, or how the choir director acts, it's about your business with the lord, where I am spiritually. Me getting closer to God through Pastor Tony's messages was not bad, worshipping God at the church was not bad, I did what I was supposed to do.
I can not say that pastor tony is a good or bad man because I dont know him personally, but frm what I can see, he is saying Good things and they have in no way made reference to him being a God in anyway though some people decided to treat him as such, but whose bad is that? I can't say anything bad about him and I can honestly say that have learned more and understood more @ radiant life church than I have at any other church I have ever been to. It is important to knw that regardless of what church you go to, as long as thre are human beings in it, there will always be a problem... the objective is not to leav at the drop of a hat like i did, but to stay and pray for deliverence, blessings, and perseverence. God will and can see you through everything... and I have learned and reenforced that concept at rlc.
I am not trying to convince anyon to come back, just saying that I had a wrong idea of things and i learned some valueable lessons from this experience.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: April 21, 2009 05:17AM

smileygrl81, so let's say that your lifelong best friend has molested you child, pray through it, wait until judgement day. Maybe, they are such an encouragement and have always been so supportive. They even babysit for you at the drop of a hat. I don't think so! You would take action under the law and authority in this country or you would be considered an accomplice and not much better of a person than your best friend the molester.

By staying you are validating this man's actions. So what he can read from the scipture and yes that is truth so the word of God is always and will always be powerful uplifting, encourgaging and yes cuts like a sword. Be careful of the choices you make, they are not made in a vacuum. You stay you validate Tony and his stealing, lying and anything else he has done contrary to what a man of God and even more weighty a pastor should be doing.

Prayer has no distance limitations. It does not loose it's effectiveness if you are not physically present. Paul tells us who we hang with matters. Simply put, you can't soar with the eagles if you flock with turkeys.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: April 21, 2009 11:51AM

sorry smoley young girl...........I have been to churches that do not have the problems that RLC has.............we r not talkin bout the color of the choir robes here but embezzlement, lying, manipulation, abuse, etc. Let that happen to your child and lets see your reaction, or say your brother or sister. This is not a church but a cult and guess what......sounds like u r part of it. We hope someday u can see past the puff pastry. I sincerely feel for where u r at.

Posted by: JustAsIAm ()
Date: April 23, 2009 01:03AM

SmileyGrl81 ~

I have been thinking about your post for several days now, wondering how best to respond. You are very brave to post your thoughts in light of all the other posts! For the most part, you are correct - Tony is human, he will answer for his teachings on judgment day, etc. While you think he may have done nothing to you personally, there is no one around him who he has not affected spiritually - and that is worse than the physical aspect. As humans, we don't want to think that someone in Tony's position (a representative of Christ) would do anything to us that is bad. There is a reason God speaks directly to pastors and teachers - they are more responsible for their words and actions because they can affect the lives of many in a positive or negative way (see James 3:1). Satan does not need to have a pastor teach the opposite of what scripture says, he only needs them to present a slight twist of the truth. That way, it is subtle and we are more likely to miss it even though our spirits may squirm within us. And that's what we need to pay attention to.
I've gone through SOMA notes, discipleship notes, Sunday morning and Friday night notes, and notes from Prophetic Cadre. While most of what was taught was good, MANY of the scriptures referenced and used were taken out of context to fit with the message Tony was trying to bring. His definitions of the Greek words were only accurate one time. I would encourage you, if you have notes, to go through them yourself and compare them to scripture, noting the context of the surrounding verses. Many people who sit in the pews on Sunday morning do nothing more than listen and remember what fits with their understanding. The problem with that is that scripture tells us to 'test' or 'weigh' the words of teachers because in the last days, many false ones will arise to deflect the truth of Christ. Of all the times that Tony taught, Sunday mornings were his most subtle.
A friend once told me a story that might help. A father made brownies for his children using on the best ingredients. Farm fresh eggs, freshly ground flour, the highest quality chocolate. However, he also added a little bit of dog poop. While it was less than 1% of the rest of the ingredients, it tainted even the high quality stuff.
Watch out for the dog poop fed to you by Tony. It could very well derail your spiritual life and keep you from fulfilling God's purpose for your life. You won't know it until Judgment Day when you are held accountable for your decisions.

Date: April 23, 2009 01:40AM

smileygrl81
I am writing to say that I had attended radiant life church and had stopped attending because I thought that if I attended the church, I would be supporting a person who I thought was wrong. However, I did not realize how wrong i was and the misconceptions I had. One man at th church would frequently tell me " it's the poop" but I didn't understand what he meant and thought he was supporting what pastor tony was doing and tried to brainwash me. After much thought, I finally understand.
I am not saying that I agree with what pastor tony had done. stealing money, lying, etc undoubtly is wrong but those are things that pastor tony will have to deal with on judgement day. I was passing a judgement on him whn he had done nthing to me. I can know say he had done anything to me and on top of that, the teaching from sundays services have rally helped me to become a better person and understand more of what being a christian is about. People make mistakes and pastor tony is a human being and when you put your hope in a human being instead of God, you will always end up short and disappointed. I have learned that its not about how the pastor steals money, or how the choir director acts, it's about your business with the lord, where I am spiritually. Me getting closer to God through Pastor Tony's messages was not bad, worshipping God at the church was not bad, I did what I was supposed to do.
I can not say that pastor tony is a good or bad man because I dont know him personally, but frm what I can see, he is saying Good things and they have in no way made reference to him being a God in anyway though some people decided to treat him as such, but whose bad is that? I can't say anything bad about him and I can honestly say that have learned more and understood more @ radiant life church than I have at any other church I have ever been to. It is important to knw that regardless of what church you go to, as long as thre are human beings in it, there will always be a problem... the objective is not to leav at the drop of a hat like i did, but to stay and pray for deliverence, blessings, and perseverence. God will and can see you through everything... and I have learned and reenforced that concept at rlc.
I am not trying to convince anyon to come back, just saying that I had a wrong idea of things and i learned some valueable lessons from this experience.

Young lady, I am going to be blunt. You are foolish. You are ruled by your emotions and you are tossed about like a leaf in the wind. God gave you a brain. That brain was designed by God to analyze and make constant judgments for the purpose of keeping you safe in a dangerous world. As best as I can tell from your post you are confessing to the world that you have freely checked your brain at the door. You freely acknowledge that Tony's actions are wrong. But his wrong actions are made right by his words. As long as the words that come out of his mouth tickle your ears, his actions do not matter.

This is the same as saying that as long as an attacker utters, "I love you, You are beautiful" he can rape his victim and its okay because his words are good words.

The bible tells us the following in Matthew 7. You need to read it then re read your latest post and see if they are in alignment with each other.

A Tree and Its Fruit
15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Do you really want to keep trying to pick grapes from the thorn bushes at RLc? How long will you continue to gather figs from the thistles of RLc?

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: April 23, 2009 09:13AM

Note to self:

Don't eat the RLC brownies.

Re: Radiant Life Church of Sacramento, California, Pastor Tony Cunnin
Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: April 24, 2009 12:52AM

God Damn! What is going on these days at the RLC Glue Factory? I have not heard much of anything or seen anything lately. It's been awhile since I have been on this forum I thought I would just check in and see what was happening lately. Is the church still going? Has Tony given up yet? I mean what the hell is going on? I read some posts and some are off the subject a bit and some are right on... But anyhow... It's a warm and beautiful day today and here I am just enjoying this week I guess.

Have a good one folks!

Date: April 24, 2009 12:51PM

Transparent, I do not know who you are. I have not be a member of RLC for almost two and half years
I choose to put my Faith in Action. And even more important I have a Wonderful Relationship with My Savior
and Heavenly Father. I do not know what is going on at RLC or with Mr. Cunningham and his Blinded Followers.
My Prayers of Healing goes to All of My Christian Brothers and Sisters who have been HURT by those involved
with Mr. Cunningham and Cronies. I do know that Mr. Cunningham plus others think that they can run from GOD!
But, they can not hind from GOD! They do not even begin to know what kind of WRATH will come down on them!
However, with that all said! I do hope that you do not forget WHOSE NAME you are using In VAIN!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.