Current Page: 82 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: August 22, 2008 08:13AM

Braveheart,

dwelling on the "what if" can lead me to worry, so I chose to deal with the "what is"

Though I totally agree in what escapee07 is saying, too many "what ifs" were taught through out the years at RLC especially SOMA. I remember getting irritated in SOMA because we never did anything as a class. I then realized that it was really up to me to to focus on what you called the "what is". Here is the problem; I was never "RELEASED" to go be the church though. I was told I was not ready. I was not equipped enough. I began to believe a lie that I was inadequate. Than my friend Pastor Wally told me about 5 months ago that I was adequate because of the Holy Spirit. That people become equipped when we "do" in the moment and when in the moment that we are doing, the Holy Spirit equips us with divine power. He seemed irritated with how SOMA was always in the equipping process and yet no power was being manifested. ( I am not saying Wally was irritated. I am saying that I felt that he was) He assured me that we dont exercise any real spiritual authority until we live it outside the walls of the church and until we suffer. I agree totally. Know wonder I did not walk in the authority of Christ while I was at RLC. It's know wonder that Tony and most of the leaders only walk in institutional authority or as Tony would teach, "Positional and Missional Authority". Now, tear down the walls and see what happens. Where is the submission? Where are the so called miracles? Were is the leading? Tony who? Ryan who? It is tough out here in the real world. It challenges me to the very core of my character. I realize that I am nothing, absolutely nothing unless Christ leads me and breathes on me. Out here.... NOTHING IS MANUFACTURED! It exposes all things. It humbles the spiritually arrogant. It increases the genuine humble man or woman. It "CALLS LOVE OUT" on every occasion challenging the heart of it. It does not trust love because the bullshit that we have so flaunted out there that we call love, continues to fail people. "It" is looking for genuinity in LOVE and is seeking out TRUE CHRIST followers even though "IT" doesn't know it.

The "what ifs" are but a concept, but the "what is" is real. Thanks Nicole and Braveheart for your words. It caused a reaction in me.

-Ryan-

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pray4them ()
Date: August 22, 2008 08:43AM

Time to share again but only when I feel led.I have never believed of the approach that you close your eyes open your bible and wherever your finger stops is where The Lord wants to speak. I think that can be a real simple way to take scripture out of context. That being said I opened my bible this morning and started to read Matthew 15:1 just for no particular reason than to read.I found it quite interesting but would hope you would study it for yourself and come to your own conclusions. This from the NIV translation....Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,"why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" Jesus replied,"and why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said,"honor your father and mother and anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death" But you say that if a man says to his father or mother,"whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God,he is not to honor his father with it."Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites!Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:These people honor me with their lips,but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain;their teachings are but rules taught by men. Now I do not believe that this rebuke was as much about honoring our parents as it was about how the Pharisees twisting the law for their own conveinance. But it was still the commandment that Jesus used to expose their devisive way of making changes to Gods word and commands to improve their well being . He was obviously well aware of the fact that these religous leaders were breaking the law of God and of all the areas where they were in error He chose this for His example. My own mother made many choices that I didnt approve of or cosign. She passed away January 29 this year and I had the honor of leading her to Christ days before she went home. Her story was just like the thief on the cross she had no time to do any good works only receive the Grace from the cross.Our Lord is good. My thought is would God look at the abuse of this scripture as it applies to RLC and rebuke this teaching in similar fashion as he did with the Pharisees??Its not hard for me to grasp but I think it is important that if so interested or reading this and still applying this scripture as only RLC can do let the Lord speak to your heart.I thank God for all he is doing in my family, healing many relationships and always being faithful. Your Brother in Christ, Shane Tiller

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 22, 2008 08:58AM

Deja Vu
Braveheart,

dwelling on the "what if" can lead me to worry, so I chose to deal with the "what is"

Though I totally agree in what escapee07 is saying, too many "what ifs" were taught through out the years at RLC especially SOMA. I remember getting irritated in SOMA because we never did anything as a class. I then realized that it was really up to me to to focus on what you called the "what is". Here is the problem; I was never "RELEASED" to go be the church though. I was told I was not ready. I was not equipped enough. I began to believe a lie that I was inadequate. Than my friend Pastor Wally told me about 5 months ago that I was adequate because of the Holy Spirit. That people become equipped when we "do" in the moment and when in the moment that we are doing, the Holy Spirit equips us with divine power. He seemed irritated with how SOMA was always in the equipping process and yet no power was being manifested. ( I am not saying Wally was irritated. I am saying that I felt that he was) He assured me that we dont exercise any real spiritual authority until we live it outside the walls of the church and until we suffer. I agree totally. Know wonder I did not walk in the authority of Christ while I was at RLC. It's know wonder that Tony and most of the leaders only walk in institutional authority or as Tony would teach, "Positional and Missional Authority". Now, tear down the walls and see what happens. Where is the submission? Where are the so called miracles? Were is the leading? Tony who? Ryan who? It is tough out here in the real world. It challenges me to the very core of my character. I realize that I am nothing, absolutely nothing unless Christ leads me and breathes on me. Out here.... NOTHING IS MANUFACTURED! It exposes all things. It humbles the spiritually arrogant. It increases the genuine humble man or woman. It "CALLS LOVE OUT" on every occasion challenging the heart of it. It does not trust love because the bullshit that we have so flaunted out there that we call love, continues to fail people. "It" is looking for genuinity in LOVE and is seeking out TRUE CHRIST followers even though "IT" doesn't know it.

The "what ifs" are but a concept, but the "what is" is real. Thanks Nicole and Braveheart for your words. It caused a reaction in me.

-Ryan-

Amen! It is almost an ache in my heart for the things I listed. I see it in my mind. I just want to love people and serve and be hospitible. I don't know how. I know I need to hear from the Holy spirit. I guess I feel so used up and I am very untrusting altogether of people, it holds me back. There are people out there who need it real bad.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 22, 2008 02:00PM

Escapee07
A thought from my lunch time drive.

What if we actually took the things we knew were true and right and put them into practice?? What if we started to live to love the people around us. What if we lived to serve. What if we actually gave all we had to the poor. What if we cared for the widows and the orphans. What if we expect nothing back. What if we set aside our discomfort and loved the "unlovable" What if in doing these things we become more like Christ?? Wouldn't we heal into stronger Christians that are ambassadors for Christ???

I have a feeling that this particular posting of mine was not recieved as I intended. I know that it needs clarification if both of my parents have big question marks over their heads=) For that I am sorry. I believe it is the way in which I tried to address my heart. Let me try again. What I was basically trying to say was this: I think that the best way for the healing process to take place is to keep moving, look at the bible and follow it's instruction. Love the Lord and Love people. Yes we are hurt and injured. But God still has a call on us, we are still ,called to love and serve. I have found that stepping out and serving and loving the "unlovable" has helped me to realize that I am still His. I am still pressing on toward the goal set before me.
I guess you could say it is more of a response to this post.

Quote:
Deja Vu
I have a question for all of the readers:
For those of you who have been healed, what helped you get to that place?

For those of you who are still going through the process, what is helping you get through this time and helping you get healed of your hurts and emotions?

-Ryan-

Am I perfect, NOT AT ALL. Am I trying Yes. Is it hard alot of times: Yes. I have to repeat this: I love Jesus and he wants me to love people. I love Jesus he wants me to love people.
Have a grrreat Night and God Bless.

Posted by: FantasticVoyage ()
Date: August 22, 2008 03:26PM

First, some responses:

Wanted to say hi to Shane, Mary and Jessica. Thank you so much for sharing what it was like to be family members on the "outside" of RLC. As I speak from experience, you honestly have no idea what you are doing to those who love you while you're "inside". One of the reasons I believe I was never ushered in to the "inner" circle there is because I just couldn't abandon my family (though I thought it was because I just never prayed enough!). Was I a self-righteous jerk to my family a lot? Yes, though I thought I was being spiritual. Did they love me anyway? Yes, and they were there for me 100% when people in my church family really hurt me. But I guess I'm just one of those who also believe that "loyalty when you're ugly" speaks love! Mary, I always have enjoyed talking with you and hearing your fresh perspectives on who God is to you. Sad that I won't see you as often now that I don't live with your kids! Shane, your words carry a lot of weight. Your approach is humble and even if the words you share aren't from scripture that seems encouraging, I have found my heart at peace after reading your entries. Thank you! Jessica, bless you! I am grateful Matt has a sister like you. Your testimony was powerful to me. Thank you for giving a firsthand perspective on how wacky we were!

Mike (Juice), I love you man! Your family has always been cool to me. You guys were always people I felt like I could be myself around without thinking you were judging me. I never gave a crap where you were serving or who you were affiliated with-- I've just always loved you guys. Kinda lame we haven't hung out much in the past year. I hope that we are still cool...

Kevin, you're cracking me up!!! I never looked at it like we were praying for ourselves. What a trip!

Bill Simon is one of my favorite people! He is someone who looks to do you good, very considerate, very funny. I just wanted to attest to his kindness for me and my family and say that he truly is a loyal friend.

Thank you to all who have joined in the last few days. I appreciate the thoughtful testimonies.

Something on my heart:

I can't help but think that if I truly kept God in first position, all the time, I wouldn't be in this mess. I mean, there are people out there (even at RLC) who really love God and can think for themselves. Was I just too weak to do that? I know of a couple people who strongly believe God put them at RLC years ago, and though they see how destructive it can be, they haven't heard from God that it's time to go yet. I'm curious as to how many other people out there (at RLC) who have had the finger pointed at them, feel the same? How many elders, pastors and other leaders are confident that God wants them just where they are, despite the corruption or manipulation or whatever else has happened? We can't be so shortsighted to think that EVERYONE who is still committed there is oblivious to it all-- and that God hasn't brought each and every one of us "to there" and "through there" for some reason or another. One thing about me, and I have always been this way, is that I really try to see it from the other side, and sometimes it's a pain in the ass because I can't ignore the fact that people are people, and they can do some shitty things, so I often end up being a neutral party in situations. I guess it can be a strength and a weakness. (Sorry, it's kinda late and I am really rambling.) Again, I'm not excusing the behavior of the leadership, and I absolutely believe that there is a select few who have done terrible things, but could there be more going on that we just don't see? The reason I mention any of this is because it's easy to lose sight of healing when you can continue blameshifting and pointing fingers. I mean, the wrongdoing list is veryyyy long. But can we really heal while pointing fingers? Does it just place us in the same position as those we have been hurt by? PLEASE, don't read this as an attempt to call what we have established wrong. I think it's a great avenue for healing! I really do. I just was sharing a few things on my mind and was wondering if anyone else can relate or maybe I am just needing some fresh perspective.

Thanks for listening.

Andrea

Posted by: pray4them ()
Date: August 22, 2008 10:42PM

I wrote down the passage in my last post knowing that people who are still in leadership read this post.I also know that those who have repented and are forgiven should in no way apply any guilt in regards to decisions they made IN THE PAST. The last thing I would ever try to do is make anyone feel guilty or shameful for those things that our Lord has forgiven. My prayer is that those who read this who are still teaching this would read this passage and ask themselves,am I walking in Christs footsteps or those of the Pharisees? Have we ever studied this passage in soma or anywhere else and applied to what were taught?Would the Lord hold me accountable for my attitude towards my parents?Why did Jesus say this?And most importantly ,am I teaching or following a teaching that not only breaks the heart of God but angers the heart of God. What did the Lord teach us to do not man.Does Isaiahs prophetic message apply to me?All you closet forum scanners who are still harming the children of God need to take some time get on your knees and if in error repent. This passage was talking abut the Pharisees and the way they were treating their bloodline jewish parents.I did not write it Matthew did led fully by the Holy Spirit.It comes directly from the heart and mouth of God.To those who have changed their view as a result of God opening your eyes,welcome home we love you and we missed you, more will be set free keep up the good work. .......Shane

Posted by: Abused ()
Date: August 22, 2008 11:16PM

This somthing I posted after Tony came over and said he was sorry in general for how we have been hurt then he washed our feet. This stunt drove a bigger wedge between us

quote Abused...
My prayer is that there would be reconciliation in the church at large and at Radiant Life Church.

I would like to ask everyone who is reading the following questions;
Have you seen a church repent and turn back?
And if so what did it look like?

What would it look like if a church repented?

Would it be an immediate change or would it be a long process?

Would the ones who have been hurt be able to accept those and extending forgiveness?

Would they be able to forgive and reconcile the broken relationships?

What if a pastor asked me for forgiveness?
Would I be able to receive him with tears and a party would I be able to extend the same loving Grace that the Lord extends to me?

What would it look like to see a church like Radiant Life realized that they are looking like the 7 churches mentioned in Revelation chapters 2 & 3. Churches like Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea all found themselves with a harsh rebuke from the Lord.

What would it look like today if a letter like this came to each one of us?
How would we react?

If we repented, would others follow? Or would there be fractions and divisions that would reject the rebuke and make it hard for the church to turn back to their first love (Jesus).

Read this “The New Testament Gamble”
[www.newcovenantbible.org]

God Uses suffering to mature the humble as they come under his influence and obey his truth.
I believe we are on the edge of something changing in the church and it is a good thing.
Repentance is springing up. Jesus did not call any of the 7 churches a cult nor did he sentence them to hell. My prayer is that there would be repentance and reconciliation in the church at Radiant Life Church and the Christian church at large.

Dan

Posted by: Abused ()
Date: August 22, 2008 11:57PM

I posted this and sat back waiting for change waiting for restoration and waiting for Tony to stop practicing his SPIRITUAL PARENTING. But no Tony has only taken his teachings more & more underground to a slective crop of new impressional group.
So a year has gone by and I see his stunt of washing the feet was totaly designed to devide my wife and I. Yes I was made to feel like I was the one who had rushed to judgement. I was the one who was out of touch. But with all the hurt families comming out of RLc I could not trust Greg Huth any more as he was just one of the sycophants promoting & pushing Tonys False teachings. Yes Greg is an elder at RLc but to look at all the wrongs caused by these false teachings and not have the balls to address Tony made it clear to me that RLc was no longer my church home. Then when I saw how Elder Rick Watson was abused and taken advantage of by Tony he resigned as an elder then Petri resigned. I still wonder about other Elders there people like John Shankenburg, Dan Florres, Matt Warner, Greg Skinner and Myra how can you look yourself in the mirror in the morning.

So I will continue to pray for RLc and the Elders there.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 23, 2008 01:32AM

A couple of thoughts I wanted to share. While I was listening to the radio an old Eagles song (You know that super spiritual worship group) came on that ministered to me so I thought it might be appropriate to share on this forum. The last verse and chorus goes like this:

Well I know it wasn't you who held me down
Heaven knows it wasn't you who set me free
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key

But me, I'm already gone
And I'm feelin' strong
I will sing this vict'ry song
'Cause I'm already gone
Yes, I'm already gone
And I'm feelin' strong
I will sing this vict'ry song
'Cause I'm already gone
Yes, I'm already gone
Already gone
All right, nighty-night

What ever stage we are at in our healing process, we hold the key! We can and will sing our victory song!!

Another thought I had was this; I was having difficulty reading my Bible without attaching RLC's bent on certain scriptures. What I decided to do was to do my daily devotionals out of different translations other than the NIV. It has helped me to not hear Tony's voice through the instruction but rather hear God's voice directing me as He would direct me.

That's my two cents worth for the day!

Love you all
Just me~Karen

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 23, 2008 08:08AM

pray4them that was an excelent post when you wwent to Matthew 15:1. In your words "just for no particular reason than to read.I found it quite interesting but would hope you would study it for yourself and come to your own conclusions. This from the NIV translation....Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,"why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" Jesus replied,"and why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said,"honor your father and mother and anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death" But you say that if a man says to his father or mother,"whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God,he is not to honor his father with it."Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites!!!!!!"

Current Page: 82 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.