Current Page: 80 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 21, 2008 12:38AM

HMajewski...................You are not alone. I feel the same when you say that your time at RLC was one big fat waste of time. For me, I did not run in the same circles as you, but the fruit of my time at Radiant Life did not result in one single lasting, loving relationship. That includes fellow soma classmates that were supposed to be there as family, leaders and people I served in ministry with, an those who I came across in small group settings. There are a few people who I run in to that no longer go there that are cool to me.But nothing there was ever carried through to completion and believe me I tried. Everyone I dealt with including pastors wanted relationship only on their terms. Alot of what you guys are talking about with the mowing over and moving forward makes so much more sense now. People were such uncaring robots that had this outward programming in them they thought was love but it was a fake puton love not something that lived in them. Guess where that starts...........with a cold, inaccessible, manipulative Pastor Tony. Yes many pastors and leaders hurt me but I definately see noe that it came from Tony, Brandon, and the elders, and whoever in their line was trying to kiss butt and please them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 21, 2008 12:43AM

to any friends who are hurt, rejected, abused and discouraged remember that you are very special in the eyes of God and that he is crazy about you. There is nothing you or I can do to atract more of God's love as He offers it freely to each one of us every day.
Earning more of God or gaining more of God is part of Tonys false teachings.

Posted by: keeping it real ()
Date: August 21, 2008 01:02AM

Attention TMAC

I too have watched this post for a long time-but have never bogged for fear of some kind of litigation against my family, and we have already suffered enough. TMAC, I once met you in church, and spoke something to the effect of the fact that God was going to use you as a bold leader to speak into the lives of many. I had no idea at the time that it also meant me. But now it’s time to say thank you. Obviously when you read this you see hurt people with a lot to express. This is a way to console each other and let each other know- were not actually insane, but what were experiencing is shared by many really respectable people. Sure some of it sounds angry- and it should. We are not only upset with what we have to deal with personally from being damaged by RLC. We are angry for the fact that those that we have brought into RLC-hoping they can receive help, will get used up and thrown out or brainwashed as many of us have. What I’m grateful for concerning this blogg, is seeing those I served along side of trying to make sense of it all-cling together- and try to go forward. It shows that there was something there that was real- at one time.
My husband and I should’ve been gone along time ago, but we stuck around thinking we could make a difference. We thought that our “Pastor” was truly a good guy, but was being used as a puppet in the wrong ways. There were so many red flags-we must’ve been partially retarded to have cruised past them with all of the sorry excuses we made for the things that were going on in leadership. I could write an unbelievable list. I’m sad to say we dedicated everything we had to further the RLC cause. Our time, (there was a period where our kids were in child care six nights a week for ministry); our finances, our relationships with our own biological family, (completely dishonoring), and our principles. I saw my husband serve relentlessly with a good heart- he would drop anything to serve his leader as well. We actually gave up everything we had to help start the church in Katy. We were led to believe it was going in a different direction than the Sac church. Sadly we and many of the families that went there to plant believed this, but saw differently very early on.
All we wanted was a pastor, someone who would actually teach us by example what it looked like to live like Jesus did and serve others. We were ready to set that community on fire for God. What we saw was leadership expecting to be served and blessed, and gifted, and worshipped. It was disgusting to see them cling to the Katy families that had money so that they could soak up their resources. Money-time shares-plane tickets-heck last I heard everyone was being given the privilege to pay for the pastors vacation to the Bahamas. Does that sound like a servant? The families that we worked so hard to bring in-were being taken advantage of. While the ones truly in need, were being neglected because they had little to offer. Luckily those southerners are smarter than they let on, and many of them can see right through the fassad. It took the core families a little while to figure out that the plant was nothing more than a strategic business advance. Katy is not in need, it has the second highest income per household in America, and is located in the Bible belt with churches on every corner.
Of all of the families that walked away, the Lekkis,Ottos,Cregars,Stewarts,Wheelers,Tews,Krells,Flores,Nyguants, Norma and Mark, John and Libby, Wayne and Tracy, Shannon and Brian, Marshall and Dianna, (the list goes on, and that’s just in Katy since we left,) no one ever went after them, because no one truly cares. Once their resources are used up, they’re of no use any more. How can a church claim to care about the lost-when they don’t even care about their own? To the good people of Katy, don’t be fooled. Don’t ignore the red flags. Your family will be the only ones to suffer in the long run. My husband and I were former insiders, we saw more good people leave than stay before we figured it out.
Many of the families that came to start the church struggled really hard to get by. The church who bragged of financial success early on,(For those of you who don’t know, Katy is a lucrative oil town) as far as we can figure between us, never offered any help to the families who came to start it, but only continued to try to take more. Poor Seth spent all that time serving on top of work-and his family had to drive around in a who-ride, while there was a black convertible Porche Boxter, as well as a luxury BMW motorcycle in Tom’s garage designated for Tony. I don’t understand how some people sleep at night. It just doesn’t make any sense. It’s not truly about serving others- it’s about recruiting people to serve them and their lifestyle.
It is good to see so many chucking the details aside, and focusing on healing. I look forward to the day I can do that. To walk into a church and actually want to meet people and trust them again, is something that will have to happen with Gods help. This may sound bitter, but I’m just keeping it real. For the first time in along time, I don’t have to pretend like everything’s perfect all of the time- I can be real-the way God sees me. I do know that is was never God who caused this- and I’m sure He’s grieved by it all. To think of all of the broken families (I lost count) caused by the church. To think of all of the family relationships severed, because of RLC, not to mention all the people who are turned off to God altogether. TMAC, this forum has been helpful. I know that it is a long road-but for the first time in my walk with Christ I understand what it means when He “Carries you.” (Footprints)

Date: August 21, 2008 01:59AM

KeepinItReal thanks for such an enlightining testimony and welcome.
I have to wonder in Tonys private time what are his influnces how can he become so convluted with bad doctorin. my only take is his ego arrogants and pride.

Date: August 21, 2008 03:24AM

How can any one who is an elder assistant pastor, or member of staff continue to say that you are serving God and at that same time see the distruction arround you? Arnt you getting tired of doing damage control?
How can you keep on pretending that Tonys teachings are good when you see the effects within your own staffers. is there any one still there who has the hutspa to stand up to Tony?

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: August 21, 2008 06:27AM

BraveHeart
KeepinItReal thanks for such an enlightining testimony and welcome.
I have to wonder in Tonys private time what are his influnces how can he become so convluted with bad doctorin. my only take is his ego arrogants and pride.

I BELIEVE THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION BRAVE HEART IS.... HE WATCHED "MASTER AND COMMANDER" TOO MANY TIMES... ALL I COULD DO DURING HIS SOMA CLASS WAS FALL ASLEEP DURING THAT BORING ASS MOVIE....LOL!!!!

HEY... IF I DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO BE HUMUOROUS OR SARCASTIC AT TIMES... THEN I WILL GO NUTS!!!

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: August 21, 2008 07:46AM

Wow… I have some catching up to do…

I wanted to saythank you and welcome… mom, Jen, Andrea, Heidi, Ringors, Keeping it real, Chuck and everyone else… I am really encouraged by all of your posts and I know that many people that I have spoken to have benefited by what you guys have to say…

I was meeting with some friends today and we were discussing this forum and the way that it has grown. It is encouraging to me that it has become a place of common ground and a place where people can freely tell their testimonies. We realized that what happens here is much like church should be… We meet here and discuss where we have been and the things that have gone on in our lives, we encourage each other, identify with hardships and revelations, speak about God and how he is teaching us and share in real dialog that actually effects change in each other. Yet there is no leader, there is no agenda, just people with real life experiences sharing and getting through it. Again thank you guys, I know that every time I hear another testimony or how someone is moving on or what lead someone to get out or anything else it helps me personally. I love the fact that everyone here is a reassuring voice that if you leave RLC you are not going against God and you are not leaving covering…

I remember when I was about 6 months into my last year of SOMA I had begun to read the book Power from on High. About that time I asked God to open my eyes to see what was genuine and I started to ask for the Holy Spirit. I even let Tony know and asked that he would pray that I don’t stop looking until I find it. He was pleased to pray for this for me. Long story short my eyes began to see a lot of things that were not right. At first I confronted the issues but go quit a bit of backlash… I was blamed for running a campaign against Tony when I was in fact still meeting with him a couple times a week. No by Tony but by some others. I soon found that as time moved on I did not agree with much of what I had seen, been taught, or had done. I don’t want to start to get into all the details right now because it is quit exhaustive but I can say that my eyes were opened and I did have my time to question and confront some of the leadership. Tony never talked to me again… though I know he talks about me… and I heard one day that I had left the church. That was the best thing for me… thus I started the major part of my mental exodus. I can say that it takes time and education helps as well. I did go to real school and low and behold part of my degree required looking into cult behaviors and practices… that was a wild time of discovery… but I still tell people the same thing I was told by the wise Josh Millar “It’s a long road out”. And that it is… I used to tell my good friend William G. Simon that the road out just had a few people on it and they are all at different places on the road… but now it seems that the road has quit a few more people on it… makes for good company…

What’s beautiful is that every person on here has had the courage to finally say something publicly… and many with their names attached. This just tells e that where there was no safe place to discuss wrongdoings before there is now... and we are being heard.

Posted by: txB2God ()
Date: August 21, 2008 07:47AM

Hi, I have not shared before... I need to tell my story of abuse to my family... the lost relationships dating back 8 years... but as I still have family members in RLC, I cannot! Tony is swift and very vindictive in his response to real or perceived rejection... BUT! I can pray, and pray I shall, until all the oppression is gone! God is our avenger...
I love you all and willkeep all of you in my prayers.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: August 21, 2008 08:11AM

[/quote]I want you to know your husband is a true warrior for the Gospil of Jesus Christ! and he is a hero of the faith. unfortunatly Tony has tried to dishonor him publicly and privately and you have fallen a victium of this disrespect.

please retturn to your first love and friendship.

I love you guys and I cair about your futcher.[/quote]

I just wanted to say that Bill Simon has a story that trumps many of ours… and Braveheart is right in saying that he is a warrior of the gospel… this guy was severely discredited and lied about when things were going down with his family… I am a firsthand witness… at the same time he refused to defend himself but rather did everything he thought he could to get his family out… I remember Bill praying every day asking what God wanted him to do, and he told me that until God released him he would stay despite attacks on him and his family structure… finally one day Bill called those closest to him and said that he had been released to go… he sought out an exit strategy from those he trusted and moved away… I was told terrible things about Bill that I knew to not be true; I watched as others believed stories and looked at Ann as if she was a martyr. To this day I have heard people speak of Bill as if he was some screw up. Yet to this day I don’t se how Bill could have walked before God more righteously in that situation.

Bill has given me the liberty to share his story with people yet I sill feel that you should hear it from his mouth if you are interested… but I will say that if anyone knew the details of why Bill left RLC you would be stunned, appalled, and grieved that this guy had to deal with the things that he went through…

I guess I am saying this because Bill is my friend ad I know that many think he is a little nuts and many think he did something wrong… but I challenge anyone to find out what happened to him and hold that same belief afterwards…

Posted by: BurnedByXians ()
Date: August 21, 2008 08:34AM

Bill was one of the nicest most genuine people I had ever met. I never knew what happened to him. &ssholes just said he was not doing good. This is why people hate christians. Tony is a manipulative scumbag and has proven his willingness to dispose of anyone to cover his selfish a$$. I am sure he is rallying his gullible troops right now and prophecying that rlc is coming under persecution and that its a blessing.

Current Page: 80 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.