Current Page: 83 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: April 13, 2009 11:37PM

TPWOC I have noticed on April 26 will be having a rally at another church in Marysville with other churches and Pastors for Pastor Mikes Summer Jubilee! I think that this is a very good thing for the children in are area. But I have concerns about Pastor Mikes motives in which I believe that he personally wants all the glory so he will look like a big shot and this way he can keep building his empire and deceive many people with his new false teachings! I believe Pastor Mike needs to be confronted with his deception by all the Pastors in the Marysville area. Sheep are going to be led into a very dark valley where they will not return underneath the covering of the Apostle Mike Villamor.TPWOC is now a Word of Faith,positive confession,false prosperity church and wants everybody to believe like they do! This is a word of caution for all the churches and Pastors who will be praying and planning with TPWOC for Summer Jubilee 2009.This year it will be on a Sat and will be at the Tulalip Amphitheatre. More glory for Pastor Mike. Have the Mormons,Jehovah Witnesses and the Unitarian church been invited to the rally for Summer Jubilee.Pastor Mike the leader of this event is heading into the kingdom of the cults so he might as well have his buddies there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2009 11:38PM by buddy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wherefromhere ()
Date: April 14, 2009 04:03PM

well i write this as it has become somewhat public knowledge now and i am a but frustrated over the lack of honesty in tpc leadership. new info to the lay ministers and congregation as we were lied to by the elders. this information comes from someone who were told by an elder who is still in position at tpc. not too many to choose from now is there, so the guessing game begins. mike villamor verbally abused his wife for years, threatening her with divorce and after years of this abuse she relented, he resigned, then said no wait i dont want to resign so the elders said no big deal mike, we will just make you take a sabbitcal so you can get it right and go get your counseling from mr. anderson, who you so eloquently called your advisor at the marriage conference. as for cindy, yes she had her issues too, she could teach you how to be a good wife, kind loving and submissive, but she couldnt do it herself therefore the threats of divorce from her deprived husband. it is sad to me that it seems like dirty laundry is being aired, but people this is the church leadership we are talking about. Ted haggerts or todd bentleys, or how about the bakers from the past in the making. Nothing like do as i say not as i do. then the cover up by the elders, who couldnt let the church know that their senior pastor was in sin. so they tell the members of tpc mike and cyndi need a little rest because they work so hard. rest, revelation and refreshment. how about ridiculous. was mike and cindy qualified to be elders? didnt pastor jackie step down because she and the elders felt she didnt qualify anymore. I applaud you pastor jackie for being humble enough to follow Gods word, even when it hurt you to do so. over 120 people have left tp. tithe is down. marriages are breaking down all over the place. i question the corelation here. how long can God go one being mocked. elders stand up, or get on your knees. please, the sheep are hurting, they dont even know that they have been lied too, but they know something is wrong. can honesty be wrong. who seeks honor, a man that God will oppose. Jesus made himself a servant. the sewage incident really does speak to the condition of tp and what is going on. more staff are leaving and more deacons too. something is wrong in the state of denmark, oh i mean tpcwoc. sadly i hate to see those ministries that are bearing fruit reap the consequences of the elders. this is an injustice. will anyone be honest with samuel chan, the consultant that the CHURCH is paying thousands of dollars for. fear provoking, and fearful to tell the truth, controlling, overbearing, meantempered, threatening, micromanaging liars, these are the qualifications of a tpc elder. what is happening people? and for the record i dont all the elders meet the above qualifications. just most. it is true too that they all have a stake financially, except one. i dont think this is what God had in mind for the church of 2009. please repent and start all over again. this time go back to being on your knees. please dont call this persecution, how about everything hidden coming to light or how about your sin will find you out. remember you are held to a much higher standard than the rest of us. i am sickened by the turning of turning point. what about returning to your first love and preaching the good news again. remember pastor mike all you need is 100 men who love only God, not a network of 1000s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 04:20PM by wherefromhere.

Posted by: Mville04 ()
Date: April 14, 2009 06:52PM

Wherefromhere; that took some guts. You have inner strength my friend.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: April 15, 2009 02:05AM

As you have all noticed, I am using my name. I guess for me, I have nothing to hide and I'm not afraid of TPC anymore. They are not any bigger or better than our God. My best friend and sister in christ left in 2000. Our family left in 2004 or 2005. As I look back, I praise God for one of the most difficult decisions I had to make. "Move my family out of TPC". My husband and children were against it. We ran into many obstacles. Looking at it now, I KNOW that I KNOW it was the hand of God moving us.

Many have been hurt, wounded or just plain don't agree with the biblical principals of TPC. Been there, done that. However, what I am concerned about are the Villamor children. There's a lot said on this blog that is "Truth" but can also hurt the children the most. They may be just as confused and mixed up as we all are or were at one time or another.

I believe that if we speak out of bitterness then it's harmful and stirs the pot for the enemy. However, if "Truth" is spoken.... it needs to be "SPOKEN".

For our family, we've forgiven, forgiven ourselves and are moving on. Not that easy after 4 years, but with God on our side and walking before us and beside us.... We're OK!! My friend Weezie said, "OK is good!". How blessed are we all? BLESSED INDEED!!

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 15, 2009 07:45AM

Hi, Miki! Welcome!!

Hey, did you know many of us TRIED to speak and were not allowed? We're not on here primarily to vent, though some may need to at first. We're first and foremost on here to inform and to become informed. I think that's the driving purpose.

As I consider your concerns, I cannot imagine the Villamor kids getting on here and reading all the info. Can you, really? It's a lot to wade through. (Plus their parents forbid the SOMA students from reading on here, so I doubt the kids would be allowed.) But even if they do read the posts, it's not a horrible thing. I don't know about you, but I know there was a time when I became disillusioned about my parents' "perfection." It was the beginning of getting to know them as people (though still respecting them as my parents) and getting to know God as God, shifting my trust from them to the Lord. It's similar to the way God moved you from Turning Point to the place He had for you; there is a time for Christian children to move their trust and affection (the kind that belongs to God alone) to its true Object. Perhaps this juncture is coming in the Villamor children's lives. All I know is that through this, God will be faithful to them.

I actually believe, for the most part, people have been gracious to the Villamors on this site, given the deception, double standards, lack of compassion, false teachings, etc. These things do not make them villans, but fallen people who, like the rest of us, need to repent when we get it wrong. If the Villamor children do not know this about their parents--that they are human and fallible--then this is a good time for them to begin to consider this reality about Mike and Cyndi and about themselves. What a horrible pressure to live under, the pressure to be perfect; or worse--the pride of believing that you are perfect, which will lead to a terrible fall, even perhaps to destruction. May God spare the children from these two calamities! These--the burden of perfection and the consequences of pride--are far worse than any disillusionment they might be going through or may go through in relationship to their parents.

I'm so glad to hear that all is well with you and your family, Miki. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebration. (I know you're good at making things special and fun for everyone.) :)

PS: As has been noted earlier in this thread, many of us conceal our identities, not because we are afraid, but because we want our ideas to be looked at for what they are, not for from whom they came. Does that make any sense? There are other considerations, as well, such as the fact that many of us still have friends involved in TP whom we love and hope not to alienate from our lives.

Miki
As you have all noticed, I am using my name. I guess for me, I have nothing to hide and I'm not afraid of TPC anymore. They are not any bigger or better than our God. My best friend and sister in christ left in 2000. Our family left in 2004 or 2005. As I look back, I praise God for one of the most difficult decisions I had to make. "Move my family out of TPC". My husband and children were against it. We ran into many obstacles. Looking at it now, I KNOW that I KNOW it was the hand of God moving us.

Many have been hurt, wounded or just plain don't agree with the biblical principals of TPC. Been there, done that. However, what I am concerned about are the Villamor children. There's a lot said on this blog that is "Truth" but can also hurt the children the most. They may be just as confused and mixed up as we all are or were at one time or another.

I believe that if we speak out of bitterness then it's harmful and stirs the pot for the enemy. However, if "Truth" is spoken.... it needs to be "SPOKEN".

For our family, we've forgiven, forgiven ourselves and are moving on. Not that easy after 4 years, but with God on our side and walking before us and beside us.... We're OK!! My friend Weezie said, "OK is good!". How blessed are we all? BLESSED INDEED!!

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: April 15, 2009 08:04AM

Hey everyone out there! Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings about using my own name. I'm glad people have a place here to "voice" there hurts and "truth". I was just explaining that i'm not afraid of TPC anymore because there was time when I hid away ~ even didn't give anyone our new address.....

Date: April 15, 2009 09:57AM

Miki
Hey everyone out there! Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings about using my own name. I'm glad people have a place here to "voice" there hurts and "truth". I was just explaining that i'm not afraid of TPC anymore because there was time when I hid away ~ even didn't give anyone our new address.....

Miki,

Welcome, sadly, to the forum. I am glad to hear that you have found healing. We look forward to hearing your story if and when you feel its appropriate to share.

TPR

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: April 15, 2009 01:02PM

I've been thinking a lot lately what Pastor Jackie did by leaving TPC. First, it was a bold and courageous act of love. First and foremost, she expressed love for Jesus. I believe, she identified that TPC's eyes were no longer on Jesus. Love is an action, and by her action she stood up to a congregation of 700 or more and said "I love God and will give up prosperity, the favor of people, and the favor of leadership and give to God what is His." I believe that we all know that our reward is in heaven, but how many of us really act out our beliefs? How many of us are willing to give up 50% of our income and subject ourselves to strife because we stand against what the enemy would have us do. Pastor Jackie has done this. She realized because she is a deep and honest and true woman of God. How often peole think that it is in prosperity that we proclaim the favor of God in our lives. I believe prosperity (of spirit and mind) is gained by how we stand against principles and behaviors that steal from God what is His. Is not a person prosperous when he/she is able to stand against idolotry and subject herself to pointing fingers and cruel whispers? I would ask everyone on this forum to pray for Pastor Jackie. Pastor Mike and his mindless minions can say all they want that they are being persecuted. I tell each and every one of you that it is those who stand up who face persecution. I'm not trying to taint these followers of Christ as victims. They suffer because of their deep and abiding love for Him who died for us all. Their reward in his life may not be "prosperous" but their reward in living in the truth is freedom and their reward in heaven unable to even be imagined. Even if TPC weathers this storm and becomes "prosperous" and helicopters are added to the geo fleet, the poverty of spirit will continue on and hurt people. But, I rejoice in the reality that God's heart is touched because people like Pastor Jackie are willing to make a bold decision and act upon the truth.

Can you all imagine the healing that TPC may have experienced if Pastor Mike and Cyndi had told the truth about their marriage? How many others present the same facade they do week after week and push aside the truth to be accepted and worshiped. Yes, it is because Pastors Mike and Cyndi cannot lose their fan base and so they sin against God by deception. They should each re-read the book by Bevere Under Cover. Their children are hurt by this more than anyone else. Their children live in the deception of Pastor Mike and Cyndi's lies. These children will be mental health cases by the time it is all over. If you see your parents fighting and threatening divorce on Saturday, but preaching on Sunday about the holiness and perfectness of the other, this is a lived experience of psychosis. I hope Mike does read this forum. Mike, get real. Return to the Father's love and open arms. Tell your congregation the truth. It appears it is already out if you've read other posts here. You are human, not holy and separate from your congregation. The battle belongs to the Lord.

Posted by: AvenPhoenix ()
Date: April 15, 2009 10:26PM

Here are some videos on Turning Point Church that are not satires.

Turning Point Church is a Cult - Part 1: The Story
[www.youtube.com]

Turning Point Church is a Cult - Part 2: Mike is a Liar
[www.youtube.com]

Turning Point Church is a Cult - Part 3: Cult Signs
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 16, 2009 08:43AM

Miki

Oh, absolutely not! No hurt feelings, Miki!! I think it's great that you are able to share your name with the intent of showing you are not afraid. I agree with TPR about how good it is that you've found that kind of freedom. AMEN! My "PS" was just an explanation as to why some of us choose NOT to use our names.

And, like TPR, I hope you'll share more of your story on here if you feel comfortable doing so. Or at least the parts that you do feel are OK to include.

Again, I'm glad you've joined in the conversation!

Current Page: 83 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.