Current Page: 80 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 01, 2009 04:33PM

Has Mauro Lasso read any of the postings here, or did he come to his conclusion to leave by merely observing what is going on in the church? Has anyone talked with him? I hope he will post here.

I am grieved over and over each time I hear about a step deeper into the prosperity gospel/movement.

First, I hate that there is this false dichotomy that leadership has set up in the minds of people: poverty vs. prosperity. That is simply not the truth! I am not focused on prosperity, yet I do not live in poverty; no Christian does, no matter what his or her circumstances or income. I belong to Christ and have an eternal inheritance through and with Him. There is no such thing as a "poverty gospel" against which one can pit a prosperity gospel or by which one can justify prosperity preaching.

Second, where is the focus in the prosperity gospel? Isn't it on my own faith, my own words, my own self--how I myself bring about the blessings of God? Real faith looks straight at Jesus and trusts Him alone to give and to withhold as He sees fit. This is not a "poverty mindset"; this is TRUE faith. Read Hebrews--all of Hebrews. It focuses on how Jesus is more excellent than angels, than Moses, than anything, and that HE ALONE should be the object of our faith.

Third, the roots of this false gospel go back to the occultic roots of its originators. Now, however, it has crept in the back door of once-solid evangelical churches, poisoning their Christian virtue by causing many to turn aside to pursuing forbidden fruit of lust for power, property, money, pseudo spirituality, and pride-fueled gnostic exclusivity. Of course, these pursuits are said to be done "for the Kingdom," but the fact that these things have become the pursuit (rather than Jesus being the pursuit), reveal their carnal source and impetus.

How many of you chanted your verse after Bob Harrison preached, expecting God to come through in some way with a blessing? Do you think this is biblical faith? It is NOT. READ YOUR BIBLES, CHILDREN OF GOD!!! Faith is not putting our self-seeking expectations on God. He has already given His all for us because He's good, not because we had enough faith or that we were good enough. "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." He has good things in store for those who love Him, yes! But we cannot dictate to Him how or when He will choose to reveal His goodness to us. Do you realize that His goodness can even be revealed in suffering? What if He chooses to bless you with the gift of suffering? (Paul said, "That I might know Christ, the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings.") Will you see even suffering as the blessing you asked for if that's what God sends to draw you closer to Himself? Or are you focused on Harleys, Hawaiian vacations, pay raises, and other kinds of personal success? Oh, how much you will miss of God's goodness if you go the way of this false gospel of prosperity! Please do one of two things: Stand up and denounce it, or flee from it. You need to do one of these two things if you hope to continue standing for what is true, for what is according to the Scriptures.

I don't write on this forum because I have nothing else to do. I write on here because my heart is in my throat as I see once-truth-based churches turning aside to doctrines of demons....And this is no exaggeration. The men who began this prosperity doctrine were dabbling in the demonic.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 04:44PM by LearningPoint.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 01, 2009 09:41PM

Amen, Learning Point.

Proverbs 13:11: "Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase."

If you keep God's Word, you will grow in the knowledge of Him and prosper in your soul. If you seek His Kingdom first and His righteousness, He promises that you will always have enough of everything you need to be blessed in this life.

D of D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 09:53PM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: April 01, 2009 10:07PM

We should all go to the church office and ask to use Pastor Mikes restroom and have a gang poopy! That's where 10 people use the toilet without flushing! I am asking for volunteers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 10:09PM by buddy.

Date: April 01, 2009 10:17PM

April Fools!

Posted by: giftofsong ()
Date: April 02, 2009 10:13AM

This is a perfect example of Turning Point Church World Outreach Center.

The church body is on the hill and the leaders are on the lower level judging them.

Tell me what you think of this and what symbolism you interpret from this picture or any thoughts.

Thanks,

giftofsong

Date: April 02, 2009 11:00AM

Thanks gift -o- song! This is what I came away with from the picture! I think Pastor Mike and Cyndi and there kool-aid drinkers stand there and judge every person that decides to leave the church and could care less if you suffered spiritual abuse from them or others by asking Questions or confronting them!

Posted by: Wounded Warrior ()
Date: April 02, 2009 11:28AM

Giftofasong,

That is the perfect cartoon of what goes on at TP!! It's sad but true. The truth is that we have all missed the mark. That is why we need Jesus Christ for our salvation. How would it be if the leadership were open to us grading them and on the way that they treat people??

Date: April 02, 2009 12:16PM

Wow! The cartoon especiallly highlights (of course there are other things, but...) the current attitude of leadership toward sacrificial giving: the attitude that the people in the pews should be taking all the "leaps of faith" when it comes to giving to "the work of the Kingdom." Meanwhile, the leaders are standing aloof, preaching the giving sermons and critiquing the response of the congregation, but not one of the leaders will take that plunge themselves. It appears that they stand aloof with their homes and Harley's and won't so much as lift a finger to carry the load they're placing on the shoulders of the congregation.

They could likely provide examples of times they have sacrificially given in the past (meaning, they've done their part...now it's the flock's turn). But first of all, you're not supposed to boast about your giving, and second, do leaders ever reach a point where they can sit back and receive their "dues" from the congregation? Show me where this is modeled in Scripture. Paul made tents to avoid this accusation. Jesus washed feet to model the essential attitude of the life of a leader.

Please show me in Scripture where the leaders get to sit back and watch (and judge) while the congregation does leadership's bidding for leadership's own agenda or personal gratification.

Date: April 02, 2009 12:55PM

My story chapter 3: hibernation! For Four years I was in denial or in a state of hibernation with what was going on at TPWOC! Around four years ago a couple walked through the church doors one sunday and I turned to my wife and said we are in trouble now! There names are Ken and Valerie Ralston and they attended and I believe Ken received his so called pastor degree from the false word-of -faith,prosperity,positive confession Kenneth Hagin Rhema bible college! They seemed to move up the ranks very fast and push there false teaching to pastor Mike and cyndi and to the body.Ken is the leader of market place ministry and valerie is the leader of the womens ministry!I was hoping that when they started to attend TP that they would lay low and not teach or push there false teaching. So I kept silent and went into hibernation,but I can remember that Pastor mike was preaching alot on money and one time he said people where telling him that they love to hear sermons about money and that they could not get enough! Then I heard him say that it was God's will that every Christian be prosperous.Then I started to hear positive confession mumbo jumbo from one of the soma students after he attended one of the TP soma functions where a City Church pastor was speaking.The young people of soma are put under the spell of Pastor Mike and other people fairly easy. If I would have known about the Pastor Mike making himself into a super apostle and cyndi making herself into a prophet and the teahing of the covering,spiritual parenting and all the Mike and Cyndi worship by being there spiritual slaves by giving gifts and working around there house like they are some kind of king and queen I never would had stayed so long! My son and I use to go out alot and witness and invite people to TPWOC and I was proud I was going to a pentecostal church and used to defend TPWOC. I believe in all the Spiritual gifts! But TPWOC has crossed the line and I believe they are headed into the kingdom of the cults! If they aren't allready there! I pray that they will become what God planned for them to be! Because they have drifted far away! I really enjoyed TPWOC but the shock and embarrassment came when I accidently found this Forum on Dec 19th while trying to find TPWOC web site so I could find out if they where having the friday night service. I spent the next week reading everything and even made some phone calls to california and also met people from the forum and talked to them. I did my own private investagation and found out almost everything on the forum is true! All those four years I was in hibernation I woke up from my sleep and joined the Forum on Dec 24th! I pray that TPWOC will be restored and that more people will share their story and that they will ask God for courage and boldness to speak out! : more to come :

Date: April 03, 2009 07:38AM

Thanks for sharing your story, Buddy. I look forward to hearing more of it.

Current Page: 80 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.