Current Page: 70 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: March 18, 2009 10:54PM

Brokenhearted
Any word yet on who the elder has that submitted his/her resignation? Does anyone know if any other elders or deacons are close to speaking out?

It was a Deacon. But I have not been able to confirm. I will PM you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Painfuljourney ()
Date: March 19, 2009 12:15AM

People who read this might think that we want to destroy the church. WE DON'T.
Many think we might be bitter or resentful or angry and are taking revenge. WE ARE NOT.
Many may think that we do not love Pastor Mike or the people at Turning Point. WE DO.

The problem is this, the theology.

Most who listen to the Prosperity Gospel and Word of Faith Movement do not know its history or fruit. I URGE YOU, PLEASE, Read up on what your pastor preaches so you are able to contend for what you believe. Do not walk ignorantly because something sounds good or because it appeals to your ears/flesh. People die because of lack of knowledge.

The prosperity gospel is a NATIONAL MOVEMENT originated rather recently in the United states. It has quickly become a worldwide doctrine that has left people hurting and without faith. (ironic as that is) Many end up turning away from God and the church when the power of their words or the giving of their pocket books don't result in what they were promised - a good life, ease, happiness, health, and wealth.

If you listen to sermons from WORD OF FAITH, you know what they believe.
1) Visualize what you want
2) Stake it on Scripture believing in faith alone (not on the grace or will of God)
3) Speak it into existence (In a way that commands God, not requests - after all the more "faithfilled" your demand, the better results)

Now, here is what OCCULTISTS believe.
1) You have the ability to supernaturally change, create the world around you.
2) Words have power to change your present reality
3) Visualize then speak what you want into existence

The problem with the two previous examples is that they both depend on MANS POWER to produce and not on the sovereignty or grace of God. They are man led, not God led. It puts the power in the people, not the power in a Savior.

When we want power instead of relinquishing it to God - He will give it to us. At first, we may see results. The enemy likes to bait us! But in the end God will take His hand off us and calamity will come whether we speak it away, command it or even visualize with all our might something different.

Anyone sick at Turning Point right now? Belief alone and positive words won't cure you. It is only by HIS BLOOD!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 12:17AM by Painfuljourney.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: March 19, 2009 12:17AM

Yes, TPR, you are correct. I meant to say deacon. Sorry about that. :)

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: March 19, 2009 03:00AM

For the deacon that resigned, we love you and are praying for you!

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: March 19, 2009 04:40AM

buddy
For the deacon that resigned, we love you and are praying for you!

Yes we are. And the others aswell!

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: March 19, 2009 02:10PM

Painfuljourney
People who read this might think that we want to destroy the church. WE DON'T.
Many think we might be bitter or resentful or angry and are taking revenge. WE ARE NOT.
Many may think that we do not love Pastor Mike or the people at Turning Point. WE DO.

The problem is this, the theology.

Most who listen to the Prosperity Gospel and Word of Faith Movement do not know its history or fruit. I URGE YOU, PLEASE, Read up on what your pastor preaches so you are able to contend for what you believe. Do not walk ignorantly because something sounds good or because it appeals to your ears/flesh. People die because of lack of knowledge.

The prosperity gospel is a NATIONAL MOVEMENT originated rather recently in the United states. It has quickly become a worldwide doctrine that has left people hurting and without faith. (ironic as that is) Many end up turning away from God and the church when the power of their words or the giving of their pocket books don't result in what they were promised - a good life, ease, happiness, health, and wealth.

If you listen to sermons from WORD OF FAITH, you know what they believe.
1) Visualize what you want
2) Stake it on Scripture believing in faith alone (not on the grace or will of God)
3) Speak it into existence (In a way that commands God, not requests - after all the more "faithfilled" your demand, the better results)

Now, here is what OCCULTISTS believe.
1) You have the ability to supernaturally change, create the world around you.
2) Words have power to change your present reality
3) Visualize then speak what you want into existence

The problem with the two previous examples is that they both depend on MANS POWER to produce and not on the sovereignty or grace of God. They are man led, not God led. It puts the power in the people, not the power in a Savior.

When we want power instead of relinquishing it to God - He will give it to us. At first, we may see results. The enemy likes to bait us! But in the end God will take His hand off us and calamity will come whether we speak it away, command it or even visualize with all our might something different.

Anyone sick at Turning Point right now? Belief alone and positive words won't cure you. It is only by HIS BLOOD!!!

WELL SAID, PainfulJourney!! You were speaking for all of us, and I add my AMEN. Thank you.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: March 20, 2009 01:06AM

TPWOC web site womens ministry I found word-faith movement, positive confession false teaching, I believe the director of womens ministry at TPWOC is a false teacher from this movement and this concept has been taught for some time now at TPWOC: Here it is: Emotions are an area that many Christians don’t understand. Because of this, Believers often allow their emotions to lead them. As a result, emotionally-led decisions take them on a course that is out of the will of God for their lives. While God gave every human being emotions, it is critical that we get control over negative emotions and subject them to the Word of God. Make these daily confessions so that you can subject your feelings to God’s Word and make the right decisions:
Declaration for Taking Authority over Your Emotions
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me healthy emotions. I declare that negative emotions will not impact my decisions, neither will they dictate my responses to difficult circumstances. I will submit my feelings to You in every situation that I encounter in life. You have given me authority over the power of the enemy, and I declare that nothing shall by any means hurt me, including people and situations that try to negatively influence my emotions. When I feel overwhelmed by life, or troubled by negative emotions, like Jesus, I will pray and keep moving forward. I bind depression, anxiety, worry, fear, doubt, anger, rejection and any other negative emotion that tries to attack my mind. I possess power, love and a sound mind. I thank You, Father, that I walk in peace, joy and the comfort of the Holy Spirit. I have the mind of Christ and my emotions are controlled by the Word of God. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Scriptural references:
·Mark 14:33-35
·Luke 10:19
·2 Timothy 1:7
·Romans 14:17
·1 Corinthians 2:16 In this false teaching the word-faith teacher believes they become a little god and can create there own reality(or there own world or universe around around them) This means words are containers of power. What ever one speak will occur,be it negative or positive.Therefore, one should only speak positive or faith-filled words. In Faith theology, words are the containers that carry the substance of faith. If you speak words of faith ,you activate the positive side of the force: If you speak words of fear, you activate the negative side of the force. In Faith vernacular this is called 'making positive or negative confession. The Faith movement would have us believe that everything that happens to us is a direct result of our words: Words are spiritual containers, and the force of faith is release by words. Not only is the Faith movement's concept of faith antibiblical, but it bears striking similarities to New Thought metaphysics. According to New Thought, human beings can experience health, success, and abundant life by using their thoughts to define the condition of their lives. New Thought proponents subscribe to the "law of attraction." This law says that just as like attracts like, so our thoughts can attract the things they want or expect. Negative thoughts are believed to attract dismal circumstances; positive thoughts attract more desirable circumstances. Our thoughts can be either creative or destructive. New Thought sets out to teach people how to use their thoughts creatively.
Parallels to metaphysical cults are by no means a mere coincidence. Kenyon, the real father of the modern-day Faith movement, "majored" in metaphysics. His perversions where embraced and multiplied by Kenneth Hagin, who regurgitated Kenyon's concepts almost word for word. Jesus himself showed negative emotions when he turned over the tables in the temple and when he use all those nasty negative words againsts the Teachers of the law and Pharisees in Matt 23:13-36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2009 01:08AM by buddy.

Posted by: Wounded Warrior ()
Date: March 20, 2009 09:18AM

I think that SOMA
should be renamed:
The
School
Of
Mike the
Apostle

Posted by: Painfuljourney ()
Date: March 20, 2009 09:35AM

Buddy, great post. You hit a great point. Why did Jesus speak negative words. Why did he have negative emotions. And why did He behave negatively in response to people who interestingly enough used God's house as a marketplace.

It is important to remember that just because a person may have an appearance of success on the surface, this does not equate someone as successful when you look at their life as a whole.

Anyway, it is true, the Word of Faith Movement came from the New Thought Cult. It originated around the same time as other similar thinking such as Scientology, New Age and now Oprah's Secret thinking that obviously is not that big of a secret.

Would God just coincidently give His people this new revelation around the same time as these cults were birthed. From what I remember God does not change. So why is the Word of Faith/health and wealth movement growing so strong now. Why is it identical to these other false religions. Could it be the Bible speaks of a great Apostasy in the end. Could it be that the day is now.

Here is some secrets from The Secret... See if they sound familiar.

1. You are a magnet attracting to you all things, via the signal you are emitting through your thoughts and feelings.
2. Do not think any negative thoughts.
3. Know that you are worthy and deserving of anything and everything you could possibly want in your life.
4. Know you have the power within you.
5. See yourself as completely well in your mind.
6. Repeat over and over every day, "I am a money magnet and money comes to me effortlessly and easily."
7. Love yourself and know that you are deserving and worthy of an abundance.
8. Visualize and imagine yourself as though you have it already.
9. Speak, act, and think from the mindset of being wealthy now.
10. Affirm to yourself every day that you have an abundance.
11. Wealth is a mindset.
12. It's all about how you think.

Anyone notice any similarities between this and the prosperity, word of faith, health and wealth so called, GOSPEL.

New thought birthed all these cults. Do not be deceived, they are dangerous.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: March 20, 2009 09:55PM

BUDDY & PAINFULJOURNEY
GREAT POSTS & FANTASTIC POINTS

THESE FALSE APOSTLES ARE EMBRACING MANY FALSE THEOLOGY'S...

That may be the reason why people like Tony & Mike don't want to have this kind of public discussion with the members of the church!!!

This brings me to another observation that I have seen in the Radiant Life church and we are seeing it mirrored at turning Point Church.
Call it “Esoteric Christianity” or the inner circle as many people have observed here in this blog.

I challenge you to evaluate this next statement.

To believe you are an esoteric is to believe that you are on the inside of something and everyone else is on the outside of it.
The idea of making something purposely complex or creating a pseudo-culture for the purpose of alienating others is what the pseudo-intellectual esoteric does.

They create an environment of the haves and have-nots. They separate into two classes, those who are spiritually enlightened and others who have not arrived to such deeper spiritual meanings and understanding.

Some things are naturally esoteric take brain surgery. Not every has a working understanding of brain surgery or can perform brain surgery. So the person who was studied the practice of brain surgery is naturally esoteric.

Now relate that to historic Christianity, did Jesus create an esoteric attitude or pseudo-culture?
While much like the brain surgeon, I believe we can agree that Jesus was on the inside with his relationship with his heavily father, God.
But did he run around in an esoteric manner, looking down on people, because they were on the outside with God. NO!
In fact His life was to bridge that gap to be the way to the father!

So my question for you is, do you see in esoteric attitude and the leadership in your church?
Are they approachable?
Can they be transparent and honest with you?

Current Page: 70 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.