Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: July 13, 2009 05:14AM

Characteristics of Unhealthy, Abusive and Cultic Church Environments

What is an unhealthy or abusive church environment, and why would anyone care? Well, the last question is easier to answer than the first one. People involved in a church situation that just doesn't seem quite right might be wondering if anyone else has ever had similar experiences. Or, family members may pick up on odd characteristics or behavior and wonder if something is amiss with the church. Hopefully this article will equip people in those situations to make an assessment of the church in question... Click on link to read the rest of the article.

[www.barnabasministry.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: July 13, 2009 05:44AM

Thank you TPR for the link to that article, it has some information in it which will support what I am about to say.

It came to my attention that the recent church sponsored small group which centered around the recovering from abusive churches led by M&M and which included many ex-TPC members was not well thought of by TPC leadership or staff. I have a word from the Lord for those who were angered and insulted by this group -- TOUGH!

The fact that TPC leadership was angry and insulted rather than on their faces begging God to show them how this could have happened and when or where did the train jump the tracks goes hand in glove with the article which TPR posted the link to.

TPC has abused members by telling them that the reason that they have not been healed from sickness and injuries is their lack of faith. Calling someone who has not been to church in a couple of weeks and asking them where they are now attending church instead of asking what is wrong or offering assistance when it is discovered a member has been ill and/or hospitalized is callous indifference at its worse. It is also an emotionally and mentally abusive action. Since TPC is a top down dictatorship, these actions should be seen as approved and condoned by Mike Villamor and the Elders -- so SHAME on the lot of you!

Is TPC really even a church anymore? Or is it a place where the staff and leadership just show up on Sundays and go through the motions to keep up the appearance they are a church?

Saddened

Posted by: Mville04 ()
Date: July 13, 2009 01:16PM

Well said, Saddened. But it is most likely that the faithful who attend the services are the real church and Mike and the elders are not. Or is that what you were getting at?

Date: July 13, 2009 01:32PM

This is a very thorough article. It is long and it is not for the feint of heart. If you do not wish to have your safe cocoon torn asunder then I suggest you refrain from reading this article.

[www.caic.org.au]

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: July 13, 2009 02:49PM

Mville04
Well said, Saddened. But it is most likely that the faithful who attend the services are the real church and Mike and the elders are not. Or is that what you were getting at?

Yes it was.

Saddened

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: July 14, 2009 09:32PM

False Prophet Cyndi Villamor twitter site she claims they had a experience fellowshiping with false prosperity mandatory tithe City Church last Sunday! Judah Smith was giving the sermon! The Villamors I am sure pick up alot of insight on how to expand the prosperity kingdom! I found this link : City Business Church - a parody of City Bible ChurchCity Business Church is a parody of City Bible Church. City Bible Church: go to categories at bottom right and click on The City church : also City Church will be having two new lead Pastors in Sept. I wonder if Mike and Cyndi put in for it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 09:46PM by buddy.

Date: July 15, 2009 10:43AM

False Apostle Mike Villamor now calls his fake SOMA NW college Grads, Professors! What are they professors of?

Date: July 15, 2009 10:54AM

According to sources living on White Peacock Tony had a garage sale at his lovely home on yesterday, Saturday 7-11. Items for sale were trinkets and gifts people have given Tony Cunningham and Rose as encouraging, prophetic gifts.

From Tony’s prospective, it must get old, walking through his 5000 sqft house, seeing things on his walls that were given to him by people who have long since left his little cult as a victim of his spiritual abuse… Seeing these items in his house everyday must have weighed down the psychological mind set of poor Tony.
He must have of gotten tired of burning things in his BBQ and performing his curse like hex upon the gift giver. Or maybe some of the items were just too big to burn. And he thought to himself…he could get some money back out of the gifts.
I see Mike Villamors spiritual father Tony Cunningham is having a garage sale after they sold the church building ! I wonder when Mike and Cyndi will be having their garage sale!

Date: July 15, 2009 12:17PM

Are you covering for a spiritually abusive pastor? Click on the link to find out more...

[pureprovender.blogspot.com]

Posted by: WalterMartin ()
Date: July 16, 2009 11:34AM

Salutations!

I am up-to-date- on all the latest postings. I am glad to see some momentum again. The room just sort of took a break for a spell. I just wanted to exclaim my thoughts on this thread. I feel this is a healthy Thread / Topic. I have seen a few come and go, as well as a few rant, rave, and spew. This thread has confirmed many a thoughts of mine before [this thread] began. I give credit to this for helping (in some way) raise my eyebrows when it had become difficult to so on my own. <Figuratively speaking, of course. -- I am forever watchful of my own church, which is in leagues (to some degree) to Turning Point Church. I am aware of some of the criticism of even my Pastor. I feel I may be [dwindling] in my church attendance; and I will never join or repeatedly attend a church again. I am hoping to resurge my involvement for a time in hopes of hope. While this thread has helped in that notion, particular in relationship to TPC, I do not hold this thread to imparting anything unhealthy. My concerns were already present.
As for being the next post under TurningPointReject's provoking question, it may just be coincidence. < That is my hope and thought I will carry until proven otherwise. -- Is it safe to say, this thread could grow in people hurt by TPC via their ever growing influence in other churches? I think it is is safe to say that this thread (despite some postings) will be a helpful aide even to those not (knowlingly) affiliated with Turning Point Church. In this case, I hope your momentum has enough energy.

Sincerely,

WalterMartin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.