Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: February 05, 2011 12:15AM

jesuschristismydelight
D od D:

Were funds taken out of the Stewardship Campaign for Cindy and the worship team to cut their CD?

Were funds taken out of these same monies to pay Mike's severance pay? I don't know if this is rumor or not that funds submitted to him was $100K.

Did not see these line items on your detailed accounting sheet?

God Bless.

JC is MD,

These are good questions. Only a full and complete forensic audit of all Turning Point Church World Outreach Center and Pacific Northwest Bible College accounts will resolve these unanswered questions.

So I have a couple of questions for you:
Why does your Pastor, Jeff, refuse to submit the accounts to a full independent audit?
Why do members, like yourself, refuse to demand an independent accounting of all funds?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: February 05, 2011 12:25AM

[www.youtube.com]

[www.amazon.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Welcome to the show,please come inside,your conduit to God is ready tp pray for pay. B.H.L.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 12:47AM by ostracizedone.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: February 05, 2011 03:04AM

TurningPointReject
jesuschristismydelight
D od D:

Were funds taken out of the Stewardship Campaign for Cindy and the worship team to cut their CD?

Were funds taken out of these same monies to pay Mike's severance pay? I don't know if this is rumor or not that funds submitted to him was $100K.

God Bless.

JC is MD,

These are good questions. Only a full and complete forensic audit of all Turning Point Church World Outreach Center and Pacific Northwest Bible College accounts will resolve these unanswered questions.

So I have a couple of questions for you:
Why does your Pastor, Jeff, refuse to submit the accounts to a full independent audit?

Why do members, like yourself, refuse to demand an independent accounting of all funds?

( Where did all the money go. False Apostle Mike used to brag about bringing in a million a year during the glory days! The fake bible college SOMA(PacificNorthwestBible) college seems to be blank on the TPCWOC home web site and also the TPCWOC church plants seem to be missing. Will the school be closing down? What happen to the church plants? Was money from the buiding fund taken to be used for any of the meals or functions that the school put on when they had special speakers at the business intensive classes? How much money did Mike funnel from the general fund and the building fund for his own self interest? What money was Mike using to spend when he was wining and dining in Seattle every week? How much did Mike and Cyndi get paid in salaries from the church and how much did they get paid from teaching at the fake bible college SOMA(PacificNorthwestBible) college? Did Mike take money out of the building fund to pay for salaries when people started to leave TPCWOC with there wallets? I remember Mike saying that he found a way to make pay roll when they came up short. I just want to know where did all the money go?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 03:05AM by buddy.

Date: February 05, 2011 04:06AM

All I know is that a spreadsheet with the accounting was distributed at the business meeting a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know why an indepent audit has not been asked for by the congregation.

God Bless

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: February 05, 2011 05:14AM

You call THAT an accounting?

That was an attempt to skirt having to give an accounting. Like turning in a wikipedia printout of your term paper topic instead of writing a REAL term paper. That "accounting" should have made everyone run for the doors or at least zip their purses and wallets shut until further investigation.

But instead the people at TP go, "Doh-dee-doh...uh-huh-huh...wow...guess they really did spend the money right." What a bunch of brainwashed, unthinking lemmings!! And the cult is enabled by them once again.

This is why Christianity gets a bad name. Churches are full of biblically illiterate people who just run their spiritual lives on emotion and impressions and the cultural celebrity mindset, defending the leadership, not because it is leading in an upright manner, but because the public persona of the leadership is likable and well, it's just the leadership so we gotta follow, right? Well, let's hope a serial murderer or rapist or drug dealer does not get into leadership. The people might defend those illegal-immoral behaviors too!!!

For crying out loud, WAKE UP!!! Stop enabling this corrupt show with your giving and your attending. How will you account to God for feeding the wolf instead of getting rid of it?

jesuschristismydelight
All I know is that a spreadsheet with the accounting was distributed at the business meeting a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know why an indepent audit has not been asked for by the congregation.

God Bless

Date: February 05, 2011 06:55AM

jesuschristismydelight
D od D:

God Bless.

Hi JCIMD,

You ask some good questions. I have no clue how the CD was funded, or the release party for the CD, or if the sales from the CD reimbursed TPC for the cost of the CD or the release party. So there is no way to know if this was a cost hidden in the Stewardship Fund expenditures or if this was funded from the general fund. Some of the funds borrowed from the Stewardship Fund were used to fund Mike & Cyndi's severance package as well as those of some others. Jeff Barnes did admit that much. I wouldn't be surprised by anything anymore. The only ones who actually know how much Mike was given are Mike, Debbie Bowman, Jeff, and the Elders. The amount I heard for Mike's severance package was lower. But $100,000.00 would not at all surprise me.

Ultimately, unless the current members of TPC rise up and force a forensic audit of all the church finances for the last five years, no one will really know what happened. That is what TPC is hoping for -- the furor to blow over and they will not have to divulge the truth about anything to anyone.

D of D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 06:58AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Date: February 05, 2011 10:03AM

LearningPoint:

I'm no longer enabling the church issues since I have switched churches. My head has not been in the sand. I noticed things way before the departure of M&C. The Lord showed me and this included scripture. You are assuming things about me that are not true. Please do not get combative with me. This whole thing has hurt me terribly. I now have trust issues myself. That is why I have come to this forum. For support as all of you have given each other.

I do hope that the congregation does ask for an audit. I'm only one person and they would certainly not listen to me. Per Jermiah 23: I believe the Lord is fighting this battle also.God Bless

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: February 05, 2011 11:36PM

jesuschristismydelight
LearningPoint:

I'm no longer enabling the church issues since I have switched churches. My head has not been in the sand. I noticed things way before the departure of M&C. The Lord showed me and this included scripture. You are assuming things about me that are not true. Please do not get combative with me. This whole thing has hurt me terribly. I now have trust issues myself. That is why I have come to this forum. For support as all of you have given each other.

I do hope that the congregation does ask for an audit. I'm only one person and they would certainly not listen to me. Per Jermiah 23: I believe the Lord is fighting this battle also.God Bless

JCIMD:

You are assuming that I am singling you out. If you go back and read my post more carefully, you will see that I was talking about the people who are still at Turning Point.

Yes, I was responding to your remark about the "accounting." However, what I said about the congregation is not aimed at you personally. Again, go back and read the post. I talk about the people who ARE enabling the church, and I don't know who they are, so how could I be pointing you out? I was saying that that lame document they passed off as an account of the Stewardship funds is completely inadequate--a mockery, even, of righteousness and truth.

I'm not being combative in the sense that you speak of. I'm being exasperated with foolishness in the church. We're called to be sober, vigilant, students of the scriptures, to grow up into the knowledge of Christ. Among the reasons I am exasperated is because people like yourself have been harmed by selfishly motivated leaders. My biggest frustration, though, is the damage they do to the reputation of Christ; my second biggest is for the people who have been turned off to Him and His church by the manipulation of His Word and the abuse of His people. (I know that God is faithful, and you and me and the rest of the people He has helped see the deception are a testimony to that faithfulness, but there are many others still adrift outside of TP as well as those being misled on the inside.) I think it is entirely appropriate to be angry for the right reasons. I do not wish to be combative just to be combative, but I will combat lies and treachery where I see it. I think that is the right thing to do.

Again, if you go back and read my post, I am talking about the people at Turning Point who enable the leadership. I did not assume that you were one of them. I had read your other posts, so I'm up to speed on where you're coming from.

Seeing the church slide down from it's good standing into the mire of where it is now is among the greatest sadnesses of my life. It still wrenches my heart. I continue to pray for the people both inside of Turning Point and those who have attended in the past. Not all people who speak harshly against things that harm the church are hard-hearted, self-righteous jerks. (Though I am sure that I have lapsed into those places at times, and checking my flesh is a continual challenge, of course.) However, whether or not we are always at our best on this forum, I think that the culture at TP that advocates never uttering anything other than candy-coated words has bred an inordinate aversion to plain truth. Leadership gets to "rebuke" at will. The congregation is not allowed to "call it like it is" because that would be "combative." In fact, however, you and I have a serious responsibility to yell when we see an iceberg in the water--to call it like it is. That is not combative. That is integrity, love, care for our brothers and sisters.

If you still see my reply as combative, that's OK. I only hope you will understand that it was not aimed at you in a personal way. It was not my intention at all. I am rooting for you and every person who is finding their bearings by the grace of God after going through the disaster that is Turning Point.

All God's best to you!

Date: February 06, 2011 03:07AM

Learningpoint I really like your last post, it brought out some kind of realization in me that I'm not trying to defend myself, but feel like a compelling going on inside of me forceing me to seek and speak the truth, I remember a long time ago reading a book about keith green called no compromise, and I kinda relate on how compromising the truth is just not optional anymore. I find my self going from a person who sought God only to full fill my dreams and wishes , a person who treated God as if He were some kind of santa claus here to provide all my desires. to a person, sickened by my actions and others who are now like me. I myself and in terrible need of God , I cant make it on my own, so if God is just some made up dieity to make a buck off of , I'm in terrible trouble. I know God doesnt need my defending Him, but He has always used people to fight His battles, well not always but often I feel compelled to cry out against this humanism, and selfseeking going on today in churchs. Last week at our church during a membership class. we were taught on how martin luther when to a council with all the church leaders, with great expectations of meeting righteous men of God, only to find so much corruption in leadership it sickened him.. now I remember in soma learning about martin luther, but I dont remember this part being taught, I'm not saying it wasn't but because of the experience I just had with turningpoint, it rang home to me. this week I was told of a certain man who calls himself a prophet, telling a woman who was pregnant and had lost a child before, that God told him to tell her not to worry, she wasn't going to lose this baby, then a couple of days ago she lost the baby. what does this do to her faith. We always seem to blame God for not fullfilling His promises, when in reality its some man who said it, we should blame the false prophets not God When God spoke thrrough His prophets, what He said happened, Cyndi was NOT a prophet. though she made quite a profit off of us saps.

Date: February 06, 2011 03:15AM

LearningPoint:

Thans for you wonderful response. I did misinterpret your previous blog, therefore I apoligize to you. I too am frustrated with what has happened and saddened. I do feel a freedom now since I have decided to leave. I also feel that this is a time of rest for me. Do I continue to pray for all the leaders and congregation; yes I do. I walked in denial and buried my head in the sand for too long. I did this even though I received warnings from the Lord. I am so angry at myself for this. But God is helping me through this. I, like all of you have been doing already, must stand on the Lord's side. For me I still have to get through some anger issues and the deceit that has previously occurred. I know I will. Some are still not aware of the people who preached the faith movement false doctrine. They need our prayers that the Lord will reveal to them the falseness of this. Please Pray! Again, thank you so much for your detailed message to me. God Bless.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.