Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: January 05, 2011 03:22AM

The letter the Elders and Jeff Barnes posted looks like it worked . They will be meeting with other churches for the Mens Ministry get together.
Why have we not seen any change of Elders? I have so many questions about false Apostle Mike running and hiding to another part of the country. I ran into a TP person the other day and the person seemed to come off as " I am holier" than you attitude. You know what they probably are. That's the kind of attitude that makes me want to throw up! My new pastor does not elevate himself and admits his failures and short comings. That's what I love about my new pastor, he's everything Mike wasn't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 05, 2011 05:03AM

buddy i was thinking the same thing about the church I attend while the pastor was speaking I thought wow I feel like were all in the same boat, not like I'm bad and he is good. like I need to be and do the good things he does. He is quite clear Jesus did it all, that God did all the work and we share the glory. I also noticed I dont get mixed messages, for example the pastor talking about its not performance that saves you, and then talkes for 30 min on what and how you need to perform

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: January 06, 2011 10:32PM

I have a thought on why there has been no change in the Elders at TPC. Why would Jeff Barnes want to change elders now? Ron Olin has a proven track record of badgering salary review committees into giving senior pastors obscene salary raises to the exclusion of funding the church budget and lying about Stewardship Campaign facts and if not lying withholding the truth from donors to make something happen the senior pastor wanted isn't that how he got on the elder board? Jeff Koellmer likes his position and has a proven track record of rubber stamping whatever a senior pastor wants even win it is wrong and UNCHRISTIAN. Kim Barnes is Jeff's wife and that's like having two votes on the elder board for Jeff. The advisory committee Jeff has formed is just another tpc elder board in training. They obviously have not learned enough about rubber stamping to be elevated to the role of elder, some must still have their own ideas for the future of tpc. If you need new leadership, train them up and groom them to do what the senior pastor wants - isn't that the TPC way?

I am concerned that area churches think that just because Mike is gone anything has changed at TPC. What is that saying about fooling all the people part of the time and some of the people all of the time. I think perhaps area churches should have looked below the facade that TPC is presenting and looked for the truth before welcoming them back into the greater Marysville Christian community.

S

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: January 08, 2011 08:48AM

Saddened,

It seems that, perhaps, church leaders in Marysville feel that it is "unChristian" to investigate too vigorously anything that claims to be Christian. So, if the sheep's clothing the wolf has donned looks passable at a "safe" distance, the wolf is allowed to mingle with--even lead--the sheep. We wouldn't want to seem judgmental toward that poor wolf trying his best to act like a sheep, now, would we? I mean, he's doing his best, after all! What more can we ask? It's too much of a downer to have to appeal to sound doctrine and biblical truth--too tedious and unfriendly, you know. And everyone knows that the best kind of Christian is a NICE Christian. So remember, all you sheep at TPC, be sure to smile and nod politely as you are being killed, stolen from, and destroyed.

In other words, Saddened, you have my sympathy.

LP

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: January 10, 2011 10:00AM

And so the exodus continues! Those who remained and decided to give Jeff and Kim a chance are beginning a new exodus. The change that so many thought would occur when Mike and Cyndi left town have figured out that there is not going to be the change so many hoped had hoped for. The truth will not be forthcoming and it is all about saving face at TPC. The cautious optimism some held onto has been dashed.

S

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: January 13, 2011 04:23PM

TPC Business Meeting
12:45 PM to 2:00 PM
TPC Business Meeting
Jan 23rd 12:45 to 2:00pm
Main Campus
For Regular attenders
We will be covering the fallowing topics:
* Elder Ratification
* Vision for 2011

(Will the current Elders be stepping down?)

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: January 13, 2011 08:48PM

And are there not many now called Christians, who are zealous in their devotions, yet the great object of their worship is to them an unknown God? Observe what glorious things Paul here says of that God whom he served, and would have them to serve. The Lord had long borne with idolatry, but the times of this ignorance were now ending, and by his servants he now commanded all men every where to repent of their idolatry. Each sect of the learned men would feel themselves powerfully affected by the apostle's discourse, which tended to show the emptiness or falsity of their doctrines.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: January 14, 2011 12:39AM

buddy
TPC Business Meeting
12:45 PM to 2:00 PM
TPC Business Meeting
Jan 23rd 12:45 to 2:00pm
Main Campus
For Regular attenders
We will be covering the fallowing topics:
* Elder Ratification
* Vision for 2011

(Will the current Elders be stepping down?)

Or another question: Which blind and deaf puppets who remained will be added to the elder board? I'm guessing some of these? Ken Hale, Judi Johnston, Darci Cartas or any of the other deacons will get promoted. My first guess is Ken Hale.

Posted by: wherefromhere ()
Date: January 18, 2011 02:48PM

Jeff Barnes current elder and senior pastor, Ken Hale (current advisory board member), Chris Johnston (current advisory board member & husband of a staff member) , Wendy davis, David Rech (current advisory board member) David Scarth, Dan Crawley (a man who let his daughter be used by the Villamors, who doesnt allow his wife to have an opinion, struggles with gambling and prostitutes) are all the new people up for Elders. The current elders will stay on and train the new elders for the next 6 months. It should be easy to train the new elders with all the wisdom Jeff Koelmer and Ron Olin possess. Topics may be; How to deceive members, How to lie while smiling, How to become a 'yes man'. What in the world do these men have to offer. Wonder why they didnt pick anyone from the current deacons except for Ken Hale. Looks like nothing has changed. The current advisory board members picked themselves to be elders? God help TP or NOT!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 02:53PM by wherefromhere.

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:43AM

Wherefromhere: I find it VERY disturbing that you would post something so personal and hurtful about a brother in Christ who has nothing at all to do with decisions made by leadership at Turning Point. I believe we need to draw the line at gossip about others. I'm sure many believe all we have done here is gossip and slander leaders at TP; but your comment about someone's battle against his PERSONAL sin is out of line. We may not agree with the theology of that church or its LEADERS, but it is wrong to call out personal struggles of people who attend there in this forum. Very wrong.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.