Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Mville04 ()
Date: September 12, 2010 06:22AM

That is a good point. If you eat at a restaurant that serves bad food, you can always find another place right around the corner. There's being fed by having someone shove something down your throat and then there's having a great meal!
People need to stop eating up this slop just because their friends hang out there!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: September 12, 2010 01:34PM

TPCWOC Home web site see bulletin: PNBC (SOMA) Worship Intensive Sept 24-25 ( PNBC still has students!)
Feature Guest Speaker Melissa Cordell graduate of Bill Johnsons Bethel Church School of Supernatural Ministry in Redding ,CA.
Bill Johnsons Bethel church emphasis on signs and wonders. Will Melissa be bringing gold dust or angel feathers in her suit case?
Does TPCWOC want to be a Mega church like Bethel? Why did Bill Johnson Bethel Church withdrawn itself from the Assemblies of God denominaton years ago? Does Bill also teach false Word-faith Movement doctrines? How about some of the books Bill has written? How many of the TP people have been reading Bills books?

Angel Feathers,’ ‘Diamonds,’ and ‘Gold Dust’
When “angel feathers” first started to fall at Bethel Church, Bill Johnson thought birds had nested in the air conditioning ducts, he said.

“Then it happened in a restaurant and all different places – on an airplane,” he said. “I don’t know, I don’t teach it, it just happens.”

Johnson said he bases his belief that the feathers are a sign from God on a Bible verse that says, “there is healing in his wings,” and he doesn’t try to explain it.

“I don’t want to be able to explain everything,” he said. “Then I’ll have a God that looks like me. That’s not very impressive.”

Bud Press, director of the Christian Research Service based in North Carolina, devotes his time to researching claims made by Christians for the purpose of debunking or confirming the claims. Bethel is part of the Signs and Wonders movement, within the Word of Faith movement, he said. Aside from claims of angel feathers, people in the movement say diamonds and gold dust show up at church and in their homes, he said.

Press said he contacted many church leaders, including Johnson, who claimed to have angel feathers, asking them to send some for a study. Most ignored him but one obliged and sent a package containing a few feathers, which Press said he took to ornithologists, scientists who study birds.

David H. Ellis, an ornithologist and chairman of the Union for the Conservation of Raptors’ Science Advisory Board, was one such scientist. In his responding statement, dated Nov. 12, 2008, Ellis wrote: “The feathers you sent me are very obviously like normal bird feathers, and there is nothing about them to suggest they are other than bird.”

Press said there is nothing in the Bible to back up the claims of angel feathers but there are a host of other explanations.

“Birds shed feathers all the time, even in flight,” he said. “It’s nothing to see a feather floating down from a building or something like that. But if you’re caught up in the deception and went to church last night and they talked about feathers falling from heaven … immediately you’re going to think it’s a feather from heaven.”

Press said he believes the signs and wonders movement is spiritually dangerous and cited Bible passages that warn against it.

On his Web site, Press links to the story of a Washington man who was caught and later admitted to planting gemstones in an Arizona Vineyard church, claiming they were put there by God.

“Jesus himself warned that a corrupt generation, a deceptive generation, seeks after signs and wonders,” he said. “Because individuals have been caught red-handed spreading around not only angel feathers but diamonds, precious gems, gold dust from heaven and all of that, it’s very clearly deception.”
- Source: Bethel’s ’signs and wonders’ include angel feathers, gold dust and diamonds, Amanda Winters, The Record Starlight, Redding, California, Jan. 19, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who examine the practices of Bethel identify it as being part of a larger movement known as the Word of Faith movement. Connected to prominent revivalists and prophets including Todd Bentley, Patricia King, Bob Jones, and the leadership of the Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship, the Word of Faith doctrine teaches that faith is a force through which anything can be done, said John Wolf, founder of the Church Education Resource Ministries.

Date: September 12, 2010 11:22PM

Well we do know that there were ties between the Villamors and Bill Johnson so this looks as if these ties are still there.
Go figure.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: September 13, 2010 07:29AM

Mville04
Well we do know that there were ties between the Villamors and Bill Johnson so this looks as if these ties are still there.
Go figure.

I may be wrong... But I don't think Bill Johnson had any ties to Mike. I think Mike was throwing around big names.

So this is what i'm wondering. How and will M&C be brought back to Marysville in regards to AG and money? I know he will be judged by God, but boy do I wish he would stand trial here! I know it sounds like I am being vengeful. In all honesty, I'd like to see things made right. Jackie Singer's name is restored, but how much? I mean how much damage control can a non credible church fix? Sorry J&K, I really do love them. I'd like them or anyone for that matter succeed.

I may not be making any sense..... I just have so many questions and no answers. :(

Date: September 13, 2010 08:49AM

You are right. There is no binding or physical ties - I was talking of ideology. Bill Johnson is a member of the the apostolic reformation movement. Mike claims to be an Apostle. M/C has attended at least one service at Johnsons's church. Beyond that I am not sure but if no real ties exsist I submit it wasn't for the lack of trying on Mike's part.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: September 15, 2010 01:17AM

Jeff Barnes sermon is online now. We live in the age of fear.Jeff said he is preaching to himself today. If we make decisions out of fear it is not the Holy Spirit. If you are shaking in your boots, you still do what is right even if you don't feel like it. Jeff says that Christianity is not a safe place and its not fun to be safe. Am I living or making this decision out of fear or courage. Jeff mentions how the early church was persecuted and how the church is not suppose to be sanaitized or wrapped up in a bow. Jeff shares going to the devils garage sale. That's where discouragement came from. What ever you do, do not be in denial but deal with the stuff. Jeff says that the person that is the hardest to talk to this week is the one you should be talking to.(I will be waiting for Jeff to call) Watch out for critics its being in a cowards spot and it is judging.
Jeff shares about denial that Peter had in the bible. (There has been alot of denial over the years at TPCWOC) Jeff shares a story about Napolean and how he had a battery for men without fear. He never had to send a person to man the battery. (Kind of like your ex spiritual father false Apostle Mike) Jeff shares a story about a cruise ship that is sinking only to have the captain declare abandon ship and he gets off the ship to safety leaving every one behind. And how nobody wanted to be associated with him any more.(kind of like false Apostle Mike)
Jeff is off to a good start asking for courage. The Lion in the Wizard of OZ did not have courage either. Was the fear and intimidation you experience in your letter come from false Apostle Mike, the devil or the forum. I hope and pray Jeff that you make the right decision for TPCWOC and with all the people who have been hurt.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:01AM

I always got the feeling that they were "preaching to themselves." Whatever they are going through, they preach a sermon about it and the people are supposed to be on the same page. It's more of the same old self-help crap with a little scripture thrown in for emphasis. Not biblical preaching at all. I talked to someone the other day that mentioned "god centered" sermons vs. "man centered" sermons. TP always preaches man-centered sermons which boils down to what's in it for me. I want a god centered church not a man centered church.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: September 15, 2010 10:09AM

I have listened to and watch online to Bill Johnson. He is NOTHING like Mike Villamor! He has stood the test of time and have found victory with his teachings and god. REMEMBER, this forum is for and about M&C Villamor and TPC.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: September 15, 2010 11:50AM

Actually, this forum is about destructive churches, and I believe that Bill Johnson would fall under that catagory...not to mention that his theology has influenced Mike. If we want to get technical about the conversation, we could point out that this thread is about TP...it's not the Mike and Cyndi Villamor bashing board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2010 11:53AM by Brokenhearted.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: September 15, 2010 11:22PM

And so by having someone from Bill Johnson's fake school of ministry shows that TP is still embracing heresy and has absolutely no discernment. Maybe they are trying to rectify things outwardly, but bad theologyis obviously still an issue. They are still seeking after signs and wonders not God.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.