Current Page: 83 of 204
Re: R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: November 08, 2007 09:51AM

To gene:

gene quote Then I am an apologist. Because I have been greatly helped by "Dr. Thieme's" teachings. He was the only pastor my Jewish father respected and would listen to. My father thought Thieme had an open mind. Believe it, or not.

Truthtesty: Thieme does not have a doctorate degree. It's not "Dr. Thieme", it's "pastor Thieme".

Truthtesty

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GeneZ ()
Date: November 08, 2007 10:02AM

Truthtesty
To the Forum:

I made a mistake in identifying Johann Behm (1686-1753) professor at Königsberg, with Johannes Behm (1883–1948) professor at Königsberg 1920, Göttingen 1923, Berlin 1935.

Truthtesty

I made the same mistake. Easy to do.

Just the same.... Johann Behm is not documented as being one of Hitlers theologians.

I found online access to sections and the index of the book.. "Theologians Under Hitler."

Here is the link.... Theologians Under Hitler

If you scroll down to the index. The theologians contained in the book are named. Kittel, being one.

But? Johann Behm was nowhere to be found. His name should have appeared on the first page of the index.

Only other names are to be found.

In Christ, GeneZ

Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: November 08, 2007 10:05AM

To gene:

Quote:
Truthtesty

Truthtesty: I am an expert on the truth. I find it quite easy to read Dr. Chafer. I would think anyone could if they wanted to face the facts.

gene quote Was Chafer correct in all he said? Is that what you are saying?

Talk to Thieme. Thieme is the one who said he followed Chafer closlely. Thieme lied. Thieme taught the satanic opposite of Dr. Chafer on the literal shed blood of Christ.

pastor Thieme misled people about Dr. Chafer, not me.

Truthtesty

Date: November 08, 2007 10:09AM

Truthtesty
To gene:

gene quote Then I am an apologist. Because I have been greatly helped by "Dr. Thieme's" teachings. He was the only pastor my Jewish father respected and would listen to. My father thought Thieme had an open mind. Believe it, or not.

Truthtesty: Thieme does not have a doctorate degree. It's not "Dr. Thieme", it's "pastor Thieme".

Truthtesty

You missed my point, sir. I was giving an illustration.

Date: November 08, 2007 10:21AM

Truthtesty
To gene:

Quote:
Truthtesty

Truthtesty: I am an expert on the truth. I find it quite easy to read Dr. Chafer. I would think anyone could if they wanted to face the facts.

Talk to Thieme. Thieme is the one who said he followed Chafer closlely. Thieme lied. Thieme taught the satanic opposite of Dr. Chafer on the literal shed blood of Christ.

Truthtesty

Closely? Does that mean, completely? Those are two different terms.

Chafer had taught MANY MANY things. You are concentrating on only a small portion of his teachings.

Such as? What did Chafer say will happen to those who reject Jesus Christ? Do you know? Thieme taught it very closely.

And? I will ask you. Why are you not bashing his son who took over the Church? He teaches essentially the same doctrines. He is the one actively teaching today. I wonder why you are silent on the one who is actively teaching such doctrines, yet bashing a man who is no longer teaching, and sits in a nursing home with Alzheimer's.

IC, GeneZ

Date: November 08, 2007 10:31AM

rrmoderator
GeneZ:

OK.

You are here to defend Thieme no matter what.

Understood.

But please stop putting your comments in bold black.

Frankly it's self-important and rude.

Try to exercise some restraint.

I hope you are not referring to my size of font. I choose medium because at my age its easier on the eyes. But? If you are speaking about the editing B Function? Ok... I'm a bit surprised, though. For, its the norm in other forums I have been in and not considered rude. Many I have debated use it when needing to emphasize. But? If you see it as being rude? Its your forum. Done. Where I come from its when someone used only caps that it is considered rude (shouting). But? Again... Fine.

In Christ, GeneZ

Date: November 08, 2007 10:33AM

He is using the Bold letter function. Its rude. I was just informed that its rude here, so I figure its time he stop being rude.

Date: November 08, 2007 10:53AM

Truthtesty
To gene:

Truthtesty

What was to be his doctorate never got finished because he became too busy with teaching six days a week. You should know that. Know many pastors who studied for hours a day, and taught hour long classes, seven to eight times a week? He was a rare bird who was fully dedicated to teaching.

Yet, interesting enough. What was to became his doctorate in working?

Hal Lindsey turned it into a NY Times best seller, "Late Great Planet Earth."

Late Great Planet Earth

As you probably well know, RBT became upset with Hal because Hal took some liberties that misrepresented some things Thieme had worked on. And, he did not know Hal was going to use his thesis for writing a book.

Be that as it may, "Late Great Planet Earth" would not have been read worldwide if Hal Lindsey did not have access to the Colonel's papers. RBT never finished his thesis for his doctorate.

Yet, Professor Stan Ashby - Professor of Ancient Languages [Harvard] did recommend Thieme to me one day. I would take that as at least a little bit being in the know. Doctorate , or not.

As always.... In Christ, GeneZ

Date: November 08, 2007 11:05AM

Truthtesty
To gene:

Quote:
Truthtesty

I asked you if you thought Chafer was correct in all he taught for a reason. If he was? Then Thieme had no right to change anything from what Chafer ever taught. Was Chafer 100% correct in all he taught? If not? Then Thieme could only follow him closely, but not always exactly. That's the point.

Date: November 08, 2007 11:23AM

Truthtesty
To gene:

Quote:
Truthtesty

If I come across the message number, I will let you know. Thieme explained to us one day that he discussed his ideas about the Blood of Christ directly with L.S. Chafer. Chafer told him that he felt if anyone was to explore and delineate the subject, it would be Thieme. For Thieme was one of his prized students.

Another Dallas graduate (circa 1950) told me that the teaching on the blood had at one time been presented in class at Dallas T.S. But when DTS began fund raising by approaching fundy organizations, they were concerned that Thieme's teaching on the blood (which he had credited in his book to learning at Dallas) would cause funds to suffer.

This pastor told me that much of what Thieme taught on the blood was taken from his notebook from classes he attended. This pastor (who will for now go unnamed) had graduated from Dallas and knew firsthand what was taught in the classroom. He told me it was a fund raising issue, and that Thieme was approached by DTS and was strongly asked to remove his source from his publication. Didn't know that, did you? Now you do. And, so do some other folks here, as well. That is one reason Thieme began to dislike DTS.

In Christ, GeneZ

Current Page: 83 of 204

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.