Re: R.B. Thieme Jr., Berachah Church Houston, Robert B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: August 24, 2009 12:38AM

truthsetsufree quote: "I believe that he is/was sincere but was caught up with his intelligence, accomplishments, and power. This is a common problem for all leaders, pastors are no exception and unfortunately more common than should be, sad but true. All the more to remind us to keep our love, devotion and desire for Christ. This experience woke me up and taught me a lot about myself. I have grown more in the Lord in the past two month's than I have my entire life. I know this because of my love for God, family and the church. It is bursting inside me!!!!! Thank you for the reply :)"

Truthtesty: Thieme's "cult power issues" could have been resolved by the pastor "truly serving" and "submitting one to another" with the congregation, and leaving the perfect authority of -od the only "authority" necessary to be recognized. A simple "mutually-respecting" handshake after class, would have gone far to help Thieme with his issues.

I think Thieme was more "sincere" about his political agenda and "used" the bible to acomplish his extremist political goals.

I think sister did a good job explaining her version of "IN THE PRIVACY OF THIER OWN MIND". Many ex-thiemites (or thiemites who are "in the closet" ex-thiemites who have not realized they have already left Thieme), could probably say something simliar if not exactly the same in some cases as what sister said.

The basic overview is people were being damaged "mentally, emotionally, psycologically, and even physically stressed and self-stressing", while physically they were not actually being physically touched. Thieme could always claim that he never physically touched anyone. And even spoke about how he Thieme "protected their privacy". It is really quite a 180 psycological contrast and "mindjob" to what is actually going on inside the thiemite mind. Thieme could try to claim "innocent" because mental, emotional, and psycological problems do not leave physical scars (stressed physical reactions but not scars and very difficult to prove at times in a "evidenced based" court of law). Future "physical reactions" are set in place by "booby trapping" of the mind w/o physically being touched and are physically "time released". Some thiemites may experience physical "nervous breakdowns" becoming schizophrenic and/or humanly dysfunctional (psycologically, emotionally, mentally, and physically), while others may have more or less extreme reactions and in some cases possibly even psycotic breaks from reality, possible even resulting in a "Sodini-like" reaction of the psycotic break of mass murder. It is quite possible I think Sodini may have just had weak constitution and was incapable of handling and resisting the dark negative energy of the Thieme "blackhole" that ripped him apart as it sucked him in and destroyed him.

(Another thing about Thieme's teachings Thieme does turn Christians into "killers". Thieme has emphasized the "killer instinct" many times.)

I think an entire chapter could be written on "IN THE PRIVACY OF THIER OWN MIND" and any counselor or counseling group of ex-thiemites should focus on this area for a while during counseling.
What's most important for each person individually, I think, is "what went on in the privacy of their own mind?" And then respecting their privacy and allowing them to speak freely if they want to.

Thanks for sharing!

Truthtesty

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 01:05AM by Truthtesty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 24, 2009 01:44AM

To z:

I do not believe that you are not a thiemite. I think you are following thiemite based defense "you can't prove physical scars, so Thieme is innocent" in your fictitious opining. That is the reason you tried to control and restrict the conversation to just "scientific proveable evidence" and explains your complaint and your desired restriction (pretending your not a thiemite)of and about anecdotal information. What you desire is not going happen. Your trying to give Thieme his best shot at a defense, but it is see-through.

I think you are here to in an embittered attack mission because Thieme is dead, and you don't like the way we speak the truth about our traumatic experiences with Thieme.

Well I do not OWE you sister or anyone else an explanation of what goes on in my private life. If I choose to reveal my private information that is my choice(which I have done from time to time).

You did not answer my questions to you(see below) And? You seek to divide this forum at what you perceive as some sort of disagreement between sister and me.

I am begining to think the FBI should be looking into you, the way you would try to absolve Thieme from the Sodini mass murder. Are you feeling "violent" towards this forum, z?

Answer my questions that I asked in the previous post, z.

Truthtesty
To zeebrook:

zeebrook: Rather a long bow to draw that the Thieme cult carries "the violent psychotic potential of the Manson cult".

Truthtesty: I have no idea what a "long bow" is but if you mean it is illogical to draw a comparison between the potential violence of the two cults, then I completely disagree. I from own experience have seen thiemites lose control violently when irritated when their authority was questioned. Also, when a US Army Ranger told my dad at the dinner table that he would assassinate President Carter in 1978 if Thieme gave the order. Then yes Thieme's cult is capable of senseless violent psychotic murder. And Zeebrook I could care less if I can't prove it or if you can't prove it to thiemites. It happened.

zeebrook: Any organisation could be said to have some level of psychotic potential. It is dependent upon the individuals involved with so many personal and environmental factors that would need to be considered. That the perpetrator of such an heinous crime had read some of Thieme's material is irrelevant unless one peruses all that the individual has read. Had he read the morning paper, had he read War and Peace, had he read his morning Navigator's devotional.

Truthtesty: Not every organisation is partially and necessarily psychotic. Also, I cannot believe I am reading this foolish statement"
zeebrook
That the perpetrator of such an heinous crime had read some of Thieme's material is irrelevant
"

Truthtesty: irrelevant? irrelevant? You must be kidding. Sodini had assurance from Thieme doctrine and Thieme rhetoric and Thieme WRITINGS that he could commit mass murder and still go to heaven. And you call that Irrelevant? Sodini had chickened out before and was trying a new approach and was reading Thieme's writing "the integrity of -od' THE DAY BEFORE THE MASS MURDER when he needed to focus and be absorbed. And you would say that Sodini reading Thieme booklets were irrelevant? You must be kidding?! How fatuous!? You have to deny a huge swathe of reality to say "irrelevant". For whatever reason you appear to be trying to protect Thieme and imply that Thieme's writings had no influence on Sodini whatsoever. Fatuous.

Sodini blog diary: August 3, 2009:(day before the sick serial murder)" I took off today, Monday, and tomorrow to practice my routine and make sure it is well polished. I need to work out every detail, there is only one shot. Also I need to be completely immersed into something before I can be successful. I haven't had a drink since Friday at about 2:30. Total effort needed. Tomorrow is the big day. Unfortunately I talked to my neighbor today, who is very positive and upbeat. I need to remain focused and absorbed COMPLETELY. Last time I tried this, in January, I chickened out. Lets see how this new approach works. Maybe soon, I will see God and Jesus. At least that is what I was told. Eternal life does NOT depend on works. If it did, we will all be in hell. Christ paid for EVERY sin, so how can I or you be judged BY GOD for a sin when the penalty was ALREADY paid. People judge but that does not matter. I was reading the Bible and The Integrity of God beginning yesterday, because soon I will see them. I will try not to add anymore entries because this computer clicking distracts me. Also, any of the "Practice Papers" left on my coffee table I used or the notes in my gym bag can be published freely. I will not be embarased, because, well, I will be dead. Some people like to study that stuff. Maybe all this will shed insight on why some people just cannot make things happen in their life, which can potentially benefit others."

[abcnews.go.com]

Sodini blog diary quote: "December 31, 2008:
Tetelestai Church in Pittsburgh, PA - "Be Ye Holy, even as I have been Ye holy! Thus saith the lord thy God!", as pastor Rick Knapp would proclaim. Holy ----, religion is a waste. But this guy teaches (and convinced me) you can commit mass murder then still go to heaven. Ask him. Call him at [phone number]. If no answer there, he should still live at [address]. In any case, guilt and fear kept me there 13 long years until Nov 2006. I think his crap did the most damage. Their web site: [www.tetelestai.org]"

[abcnews.go.com]

zeebrook: Furthermore your comment that "Sodini was just a sick psycho thiemite who followed Thieme's incompetent loss of reality to the letter" begs the question. Do you know that this man was sick,:

Truthtesty: yes he was sick. What would you say he was "normal"? Lol Fatuous!

zeebrook: do you know that he was a psycho,

Truthtesty: yes he was psycho. What would you say he was "normal"? Lol Fatuous!

zeebrook:do you know he was a thiemite

Truthtesty: yes he was a thiemite/ knappite who was reading RB Thieme jr's booklet "integrity of -od" to focus and be absorbed and prepare for mass murder. Sodini had attended Tetelestai church for 13 years which had a close relationship with Thieme. What would you say Sodini never heard of Thieme? Lol Fatuous!

zeebrook: and do you know if he was following "thieme's incompetent loss of reality"?

Truthtesty: Sure he was reading thiemite material and it leads to an incompetent loss of reality. What would you say he was "in touch with his inner child?" Lol

zeebrook: I am not defending Sodini, nor finding excuses for his actions (all of which I heartily condemn) but find your logic of linking to thieme alone without oher causes illogical.

Truthtesty: I never said that. I just asserted that I could see it happening from the Thieme cult which equals the pyschosis violence of Manson. That it is logical to assert that from Thieme's influence alone that this psycotic violent behaviour is possible and that this person was demonstrating behaviuor similar to the thiemite irrational psycotic violent behaviour that I had witnessed.
And you are trying to absolve Thieme.

zeebrook: My reading of this site gives me the impression that the discussion is supposed to centre on Thieme's teachings and influences that one can factually demonstrate and not utilise fatuous links.

Truthtesty:Show me the fatuous links. Also you will not restrict the conversation of this site. It includes debunking of Thieme which I and others have spent hours providing evidence. So get busy reading what you are supposedly here for.

zeebrook: The teachings of Thieme certainly polarise sections of the church. Some through faulty concepts of Thieme, some through misunderstanding of his concepts, some through devotees not thinking through or studying the concepts who mindlessly mimic attitudes. So let the forum have rationale discussion and not emotive arguments that stretch beyond the factual arguments.

Truthtesty: Thieme was more than just a political polarizing simpleton. Thieme spoke violent speech. Check you own fatuous assertion of Thieme's writings as being irrelevant. Lol (unbelievable) before you would try to claim the course of conversation of this forum is irrational or fatuous. Lol also research Sodini before and after Tetelestai to gather evidence instead of entirely dismissing Sodinis 13 year involvement with Tetelestai AND suggesting that it was some mysterious factor ALONE and not Thieme at all, as the cause of Sodini's psychosis.

Truthtesty: There are emotional reactions that occur here all the time and it does not interfere with logic. And? That will continue. However, the argument that Thieme's potential violence was equal to the level of psycotic violence of Manson cult is logical not irrational. I can not prove the US Ranger story but it happened and is a logical example and not a fatuous link. Also Sodini himself from his own diary was a thiemite who was reading RB Thieme jrs writing "the integrity of -od" and was following Thieme's assurances that he would go to heaven even though he committed mass murder. THE DAY BEFORE THE MASS MURDER of 3 innocent women. It is fatuous to say Thieme's writings were "irrelevant".

Truthtesty
"

Truthtesty

Date: August 24, 2009 06:46AM

truthseek
I had a look at the forum today as I had not logged in for a while. I hadn't heard about the Sodini murders. I don't live in America. I don't think the murders made the main newspapers here. Sodini's statement "you can commit mass murder and still go to heaven" really hilights a very big misunderstanding of how salvation works. Yes, salvation is the work of Jesus Christ, not the work of any human. But people often misunderstand the definition of faith as taught by Jesus. Faith is not just a thought in the mind. Faith is shown and manifested by the act of doing what one believes in. Saying one believes in Jesus while behaving in a hateful manner towards others is not a true or sincere faith. What did Jesus mean in the the Sermon on the Mount when he was asked "Teacher, how do I gain eternal life?" Jesus replied, love thy neighbor as thyself." This is a direct reference to acts of love resulting in eternal life. Is Jesus contradicting himself? He also says "He that believeth in me shall never die, yet shall he live." And Jesus said "not of works lest any man should boast" Why does Jesus appear to be telling us to believe in his name only with no work involved to obtain eternal life and then tell us to do the work of acts of love to obtain eternal life? This is a question that haunted me for years. Then one day, the answer came to me. By faith, Jesus meant the ACTION of living the way. Acting out your belief is faith. Jesus said "I AM THE WAY, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the father but through me." Jesus did the work of his sacrificial death on the cross when he poured out his righteousness and mercy on mankind. No human did the work of forgiving mankind. However, when man has faith, believes in the gift of forgiveness this manifests in a contrite and repentent heart and the person does acts of love as a result of their belief in the way of Jesus. By faith, Jesus was not referring to just a thought in the mind but true faith which shows itself in action. A person who commits acts of hate such as murder cannot sincerely believe in the name of Jesus. After all, Jesus is God and God is love.

I would also like to say something to Sistersoap regarding posting # 157. I attending Berachah from 5 or 6 years old to the time I was an older teenager. The judgemental name calling retoric from Thieme resulted in horrible feelings of judgement and rejection of most people as I was growing up. The bible tells us that we cannot love God whom we have not seen if we do not love our neighbor whom we have see. I can tell you that this is absolutely true. I did not begin to feel love coming from God until I expelled all the feelings of judgement and nonforgiveness and nonacceptance that I had learned from Thieme. Negativity blocks the love of God from reaching us. God does not think about man in a judgemental way. This is also a common misconception of God. God is accepting. God does not look at man and think how bad he is. God accepts man. God looks at man and sees the good in man. For example, if someone cuts you off in traffic, we think about how rude the person is. God thinks about what good the person is trying to do. He is trying to get to work so he can feed his family. It took me years and years to learn to accept everyone and forgive everything. I now realize that if someone hurts me they do so from ignorance. Only recently as I look at my fellow humans with clear accepting eyes free of nonforgiveness that I can honestly say that I feel God's love. God's love is a real force that can be blocked by the real force of negativity.

In Christ
Truthseeker

Intresting post Truthseeker. Where do you live, if you don't mind saying?

Truthtesty

Date: August 24, 2009 08:35AM

zeebrook
I am with you Sistersoap on Truthtesty's less that honest responses. Why is it important about the false impression you make Truthtesty is because in your post of November 8, 2007 you proclaimed "I am an expert in the truth" yet you deliberately obscure it here.

Truthtesty: What less that honest post? What? Also? Now it's important just because I said it? Well z I thought you were here to get "non-anecdotal" information to directly confront thiemites. In case you can't comprehend the obvious you look like a hypocrite.

zeebrook
As to Dr Wall's thesis I do not believe you played any role.

Truthtesty: So? I could care less.

zeebrook
By the way the challenge you put to Sistersoap to get a papercopy, what does that prove?

Truthtesty: It proves how difficult it is to a get paper copy nowadays.

zeebrook
On page xii of Wall's introduction he says
It is the prayerful desire of the author that no part of this dissertation will be construed as a malicious attack on a man but rather a fair evaluation of doctrine, and that the ultimate impact of this study will promote the unity, growth, purity, and stability of the body of Christ and will bring glory to our blessed matchless redeemer and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Note the purpose of the dissertation is to be construed as a malicious attack on a man, unlike many of the postings in the forum. Dr Wall asked for a fair evaluation of Thieme's doctrine. From what I have read on this forum Truthtesty has made malicious attacks against the man including calling a Fascist etc etc. A number of posts by Synergy October 1997 hightlighted these.

Truthtesty: Regardless of page xii Dr. Wall came on pretty strong in anycase. Part of the "fair evaluation" of Dr. Wall in his dissertation said that Thieme behaved like the cult the children of -od. And that Thieme's false authority and false doctrine of right pastor were like Diotrophes, and had no biblical backing. Dr. Wall also said that Thieme's teaching caused schizophrenia in some people.
So? The truth hurts sometimes z. Thieme was a neocon militant political cult leader fascist Ayn Rand Milton Friedman corporatist who believed corporations should take over the US government of "we the people", not the government regulating corporations. That's just the simple truth.

zeebrook
Also very interesting is a post of 11 October 2007 confirming Truthtesy's antichristian bias and the that he is not a christian.

Truthtesty: To the Forum: Funny isn't it? That the so called new comers to this forum can speed read 150 plus pages and find that post? But? They never seem to speed read and find the post where it said I was Christian.

To z: I thought you were here to get non-anecdotal information to correct thiemites?

zeebrook
What does the post about totalitarian governments have to do with the issue apart from you trying to deflect the errors you have made? Sounds like you have just read Perkins "Confessions of an Economic Hitman". Let us stick to Thieme's doctrinal positions, exegesis etc.

Truthtesty: What? Lol! You stick to Thieme's doctrinal positions. I am laughing at you and so is anyone is who thinks straight. Have you no sense of shame? You(newby) will try to tell us to stick to Thieme's doctrinal positions? Lol? Well since in your short "newby" time here you have spent more time focusing on me, not Thieme's doctrinal positions. Anyone can see you are in false pretenses thiemite.

I am not trying to deflect any errors. Do what you say your here for list Thieme's doctrinal errors and quit trying to play "gotcha" with me and "goody to shoes" with moderator.

zeebrook
Well done Sistersoap, and keep it up.

Truthtesty: what? You a gang banger z? You rap? You newby trying get sister to join your gang? Lol.

Stick to the errors of Thieme's doctrinal positions, instead trying to sell sister that your some biblical academic.

Truthtesty

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 09:01AM by Truthtesty.

Date: August 24, 2009 11:22AM

sistersoap

You give others the third degree for their claims they "can't prove" so come clean yourself.

Sistersoap

To Sister:

I am clean. I don't give people a hard time because they can't prove something unless they are lying and can't prove it. Basically, the times I give people the third degree is when they try to present "false positive" information about Thieme or the clear reading of the bible or if they attack me. If it something about their personal life that they accomplished and they would rather not comment about it? I do not bully them or try to force them somehow to tell me the information, just because I want to hear it. I respect their right to privacy. Otherwise I let them speak about their experiences even if they are anecdotal.

Truthtesty

Posted by: sistersoap ()
Date: August 24, 2009 12:50PM

Truthtesty
Dear sister:

Now it is easily found with a search engine. You click and Dr. Wall's dissertation is available "without cost", as a counter to Thieme's "without cost".

Lambrusco is a mellow wine.

Truthtesty

Methinks ypu have had too much of that wine, You keep repeating variations of the same beating around the bush, with no real answer to my question. I can only regard your claim as spurious. Otherwise you would come out with facts and clear answers to the question asked.

Sistersoap

Date: August 24, 2009 01:01PM

Truthtesty
Sister:

What difference does it make what role I plyed? The dissertation is available world wide and Dr. Wall wrote it. It is easily available to anyone worldwide witha cick of a mouse. Why can't you just be happy with that? I told you I did not want to go into detail yet? You do not respect that.

Truthtesty

NOW YOU ARE BLAMING ME FOR BEING DISSATISFIED...AND YOU BROUGHT UP THE CLAIM that you had a role in bringing the dissertation to the world WITHOUT COST you said. We are by implication to be grateful to YOU for this service. Don't you read your own posts?

Testy you created this monster. You refuse to own up to an exaggeration. You refuse to explain just how you contributed to this dissertation being widely available on the Internet.

And because I am persistent in demanding an explanation you now turn the tables on me and say I should be HAPPY with its availability.

That takes nerve and blindness.

You made an empty boast and I called you on it. Now you are unhappy with ME?
You started it.

Sistersoap

Date: August 24, 2009 01:16PM

zeebrook
I am with you Sistersoap on Truthtesty's less that honest responses. Why is it important about the false impression you make Truthtesty is because in your post of November 8, 2007 you proclaimed "I am an expert in the truth" yet you deliberately obscure it here.

As to Dr Wall's thesis I do not believe you played any role. By the way the challenge you put to Sistersoap to get a papercopy, what does that prove? I in fact have a copy of the original thesis, purchased it from Dallas Theological Seminary. It was presented in May 1978 to the faculty of the Department of Theology under the title "A Critical Examination of the Teachings of Robert B. Thieme Jr. on the Christian Life" and signed by the examining committee Charles C. Ryrie, J. Ellwood Evans and John F. Walvoord. So what do you wish to know about the original thesis?

On page xii of Wall's introduction he says
It is the prayerful desire of the author that no part of this dissertation will be construed as a malicious attack on a man but rather a fair evaluation of doctrine, and that the ultimate impact of this study will promote the unity, growth, purity, and stability of the body of Christ and will bring glory to our blessed matchless redeemer and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Note the purpose of the dissertation is to be construed as a malicious attack on a man, unlike many of the postings in the forum. Dr Wall asked for a fair evaluation of Thieme's doctrine. From what I have read on this forum Truthtesty has made malicious attacks against the man including calling a Fascist etc etc. A number of posts by Synergy October 1997 hightlighted these. Also very interesting is a post of 11 October 2007 confirming Truthtesy's antichristian bias and the that he is not a christian.

So I ask Truthtesty what does having the paper copy of Dr Wall's thesis prove in your argument that you provided his dissertation as asked by Sistersoap? Remember you made the statement that you are "an expert in the truth".

What does the post about totalitarian governments have to do with the issue apart from you trying to deflect the errors you have made? Sounds like you have just read Perkins "Confessions of an Economic Hitman". Let us stick to Thieme's doctrinal positions, exegesis etc.

Well done Sistersoap, and keep it up.

Thanks zeebrook. I am not attacking a member I am demanding that he substantiate his claims, which action he has demanded of others many times calling them all kinds of names. I believe such a stalwart for truth, justice and the American way should be able to tell us the answer to my simple question of exactly how he made Wall's dissertation available online "without cost" to all. His generosity in this case underwhelms. One who takes a claimed high ground regarding the "big ones" told by Thieme ought himself to tell the truth. When you lay an egg you should at least admit it.

Testy freely applies name calling and vicious accusations against folks on all sides of the subject of Thieme. The least he could do would be to adhere to the truth himself, though I don't expect any satisfactory answer to my question. There really is none to give in my opinion or he would have given it. Possibly he has had too much "Lombrusco."

Cheers,
Sistersoap

Date: August 24, 2009 01:18PM

rrmoderator
Please refrain from attacking members of this board personally.

The subject of this thread is Thieme, not any individual member.

Let's be courteous, reasonable and stay on topic.

Hmmm....Testy remember this.

Next time you make a claim, we will expect facts to back it up. Just like you demand of everyone else.

Sistersoap

Posted by: zeebrook ()
Date: August 24, 2009 05:19PM

[...] What about page 156 (page 267 of the original) where Dr Wall says:

3. Avoid ridicule of either Thieme himself and his ministry or his technical vocabulary.

7. Avoid attacking the personal life of Thieme or spreading any malicious gossip concerning him.

[...] Dr Wall's thesis [...] page 156 (page 267 of the original) [...]:

5. Relax and don't get "up-tight" over the Thieme issue. Sometimes your reaction can cause more harm than some extreme disciples.

[...]

2. Employ other sources of teaching, such as other Bible teachers and books written on Bible exposition and Bible doctrine, to help you develop a healthy, balanced Christian life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 10:21PM by rrmoderator.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.