Current Page: 181 of 185
Re: Struthers Memorial Independent Pentecostal Church
Posted by: FalkirkBairn67 ()
Date: May 09, 2024 04:15AM

Sorry about all spelling mistakes on last post but I posted by mistake not reviewed hope you all can understand this

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anonymousfornow ()
Date: May 09, 2024 06:07AM

I do think there's something interesting in this idea of the mantle, and other teachings of Struthers, in the way that they build the mythology of their movement beyond what the bible says and teaches whilst claiming to be totally biblically based. The experiences of leaders, the words of Hugh Black, even lines from songs and hymns all form core parts of preaching and teaching alongside the bible. And then there are elements of received revelation, such as why they feel they can pass over the subjugation of women demanded by Paul, the "new ministry", visions of revival etc. At the same time, adjacent processes in other churches are denigrated. Struthers can mythologise and venerate the words of their late key players as annointed and holy, but Catholics can't...

Date: May 10, 2024 07:56PM

The mantle thing .I now get.
And what's really has got to me reading this forum I'm not alone.

yes it was bad what happened to me .When I was in the church I was a very unhappy child who came out a very mentally and physical abusive family home. Thinking was going some where that was going to protect me and help me but no I was made to believe I had demons ECT And be preached and prayed over this went on from a 9year to late teens.They had a legal right help and seek the proper authorities to help me outwith the church e.g. Contact social work ECT Which they never did when I told them about the abuse in my family life.

But reading the forum it confirmed how I now feel they played on my weakness and brainwashed me to believing this is my fault as I was possed by demons.Yes I left the church through one of worss time in my life. What haunted my life for another 15years . This was with me being raped at the age 14/15 of a other member of that church who was a couple years older I told no one but JJ and Hugh Black to be told it was my fault yet again. they had told us all time and time again never to put yourself to be alone with a member of the opposite sex. We were putting yourself In the path of the devil doing this for something to happen yet again I was made to blame. I invited Satan in ministerecd over for weeks taken into the blue room in Greenock to be delivered from the demons I had open myself up to made to believe it was all my own fault I deserved everything what happened. No it wasn't I thought I was being I a typical teenager having a romance. I did not deserve to be rapped they told me not to talk about it to no one.What stupid me didnt. They never informed the youth leader in the talkies church who they know I trusted and looked up to didn't inform my parents didn't inform the law and the worse of it all they expected me to come to meeting each week with this person Trending same meetings.I then left the church broke contact with everyone my mental health was at a long time low considered my to.a to end my life. I then went on to marry at 18 year old and that was a very abusive sexually and mentally and physically abusive relationship. And I still thought for another 15 years I deserved everything what happens to me because the 2 leaders from Sky told me this I took the abuse sexually ECT ..In my eyes there as bad as my ex Husband

So why now 40 years I'm telling folk about this I have read the forum And it's not got better it's got worse High Black is to blame for it all me personally feel sorry for Jennifer Jack Diana this ma groomed they made them how they are there loads more I can name
I don't want any other child adult to through what I witness seen know about this needs to be stopped

We can't sit back and let this to on chatting about it we need to stand up do something about it now.

I know this is just the tip of the iceberg I'm happy to talk to any but I was sexually abused mentally abused and physically abuse in a place what is meant to be a place of god. I could say a lot more here but what happened to me is still being covered up by smc

Posted by: ThePetitor ()
Date: May 10, 2024 09:10PM

FalkirkBairn, Thank you for posting this. It cannot be easy reliving these memories, but it is great that you have managed to share this, as it may just stop the same sort of thing happening to others.

The kind of thing you describe is the problem with the Struthers approach, as it is based on not ever listening to what anyone has to say. That leaves people open to all sorts of abuse and manipulation and, when something does go wrong, they have no idea how to help - and do not even follow standard good practice as they refuse to believe anyone else on the planet has anything to offer.

Anaoymousfornow, you are spot on with your comment that, "Struthers can mythologise and venerate the words of their late key players as annointed and holy, but Catholics can't..." That is exactly the point, isn't it - whether something is true depends on who said it. If the Catholic church says, "we should listen to the church fathers" it is wrong, but if Hugh Black says it, it is correct. They do not actually have any respect for the Bible, just for what the leaders say.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 11, 2024 10:07PM

Thank you for having the courage to share that after all these years FalkirkBairn.

That was definitely the way back then. Cover things up to protect the church "good name" and not give a damn about the suffering and harm and consequences on peoples lives.

And The Petitor makes a good point. You speaking up helps others. And at the same time the leaders you approached not speaking up to support you damaged you and who knows how many people in subsequent years. It's not an unreasonable requirement of Christian ministers to tell the truth so their members can protect themselves from parasites in the midst.

I think there must now be consideration of what you have revealed by the new people on the Stuthers Church Executive. The leader you name has recently stepped off that body (but not from leadership of the Struthers Branch which you attended and where this occurred).

Unlike the Hugh Black cronies and fawning place women previously on the Struthers Executive some of the people there now have management jobs, families and children and maybe even (in a few cases) reputations to uphold. If they don't address this (or worse tell their hapless followers you are lying) and then subsequently other evidence appears confirming your account, they will be proving their church to be built on lies and shifting sand and all their decades of talking about how holy they are to be a sham.

There have been 2 new people appointed to the now bloated Stuthers executive in the last couple of weeks. One is a financial advisor and one a human resources manager. There is already a head teacher and a doctor. They all no doubt know that situations such as this are not dealt with by serious people by running to Diana and asking her what to do to cover it up. They know what they must do as trustees and professionals to thoroughly investigate this.

I hope those on this forum will join me in watching if these people act in the best interests of the victim. I for one am happy to name and shame (if necessary) those still in Struthers Church who fail to act according to their own published policies - and like decent human beings.

God Bless you FalkirkBairn and I am so sorry this happened to you and so glad you have had the courage to share it at last. As you know if you have read this forum: It wasn't only you that they hurt and it wasn't your fault. That was the biggest lie they tried so hard to make us believe.

Posted by: Clive ()
Date: May 11, 2024 11:33PM

<On a slightly more whimsical note, can we talk about the struthers "prayer voice"? Some must surely know what I mean - that put on, weird voice that is reserved soley for the purpose of praying in public. Presumably when you do this, it makes it a little bit more holy or something?>

My first experience - my thoughts/impression - of this scary prayer style - and uncharacteristic for sure of most charismatic or pentecostal churches I've ever attended, whether as member or visitor - and particular memories of Joan Jewell doing it (many decades ago) - was that

a) this seemed something more like some medium would do or perform in seances

b) it evoked in my mind - and how I felt - a kind of intense fear - as if some ominous figure - abusive father or executioner - who wielded power - was looming over her - and us -

c) later on - after attending just one summer camp.. instilled in me then and since - particularly after witnessing all the hero-worship being applied to a young Diana Rutherford, and then at "Camp" - Mrs Taylor - it made me think..

THIS IS A CULT!.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2024 11:51PM by Clive.

Date: May 12, 2024 06:43PM

Ok since I posted my last post. I have been having silent phone calls . It could be nothing to do with S M C but if it is I am more than willing to talk to anyone anytime.But you won't silent me as I proof this has effected me for years and I'm not that person you knew back then you don't scare me I'm not angry I just feel sorry for you all still there.

I have had same mobile number for years. I can't switch of my phone for family reasons. I have reported this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2024 06:47PM by FalkirkBairn67.

Posted by: Escapesoon ()
Date: May 13, 2024 05:19AM

I think that sermon was one that I spoke to Mary about. I told her that it was terrible and she should think about what she said from the pulpit. It didn't go down well, but I was passed caring. It sounded like something Benny Hynn would preach. Shocking!

Posted by: Escapesoon ()
Date: May 13, 2024 06:16AM

Forgive me. I'm still trying to get used to the way the forum works. I have tried pressing the reply button but I think it just creates a new message. So I'll change what I was going to say

Brothers and sisters in Christ, this forum is showing the devastation brought upon many people including young vulnerable Christians who thought that they were seeking God and instead were abused.

I want to say that NO ONE in this forum is to blame for the situation that they have found themselves in.

You put your trust in those who were supposed to love you and care for you just like Jesus shows us. From the pulpit, they spoke about "death to self" and about "sin" yet the Bible says that if any man says, that he is without sin, he is a liar and the truth is not in him. We are so sinners. That's why Jesus came and died for us. He paid the price that we never could.

We sat under false teachings and believed the words that were spoken. Those teachers served only themselves. They are clouds without water (read Jude) sure they may have said a couple of right things but remember a broken clock is always right twice a day. I have so much I would like to say but it's late and I know I'm probably not making much sense but here's some scripture reference about false teachers. You all will know them but it's often good to be reminded of what false teachers are.

Deuteronomy 18:20
20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

Jeremiah 14:14
14 Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.

Matthew 24:24
24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect

Acts 20:28-30
28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.
29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.
30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

2 Peter 3:14-18
14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.
15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.
16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.
18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Titus1.6,7,8

6 An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient.
7 Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain.
8 Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined

2 Peter 2
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Posted by: blackwatch ()
Date: May 13, 2024 06:42PM

Some really good and interesting contributions of late.

Falkirkbairn - I would like to add my comments to those that have already thanked you for sharing. I'm sorry that you have been so deeply and profoundly affected. I'm sure there's nothing any of us can say or do to offer you any real comfort but please know that in speaking out, you can massively help others. TheGreek has summarised perfectly what now needs to happen at SMC in response and to that end, I will "join you in watching if these people act in the best interests of the victim". (I have very low expectations).

Clive - thanks for your observations on the SMC 'prayer voice', particular your comments around mediums / seances. Absolutely spot on!

Meanwhile, I wonder how the BBC investigation is progressing.

Current Page: 181 of 185

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.