Current Page: 57 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: onlyme ()
Date: July 19, 2007 08:41PM

Hi Trina, glad to be able to explain things from when I was there and offer a different perspective and understanding - like I said before though, it doesn't mean I agree with what's going on there. Has been a good while since I picked up a bible myself, but I seem to have the memory of an elephant!!

Onlyme

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: onlyme ()
Date: July 31, 2007 06:50PM

Hiya, just wondered what happened to your website about the fellowship? I tried the link on the first page of this thread and it just keeps coming up with an error.

Hope all are well. Onlyme

Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: July 31, 2007 07:31PM

Thanks, onlyme. I kept meaning to post about that.

The website can be found at www.kirkbyfellowship.blogspot.com. The old URL was just a redirect to that.

Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: July 31, 2007 11:07PM

Previous url had a typo (included the full stop in the address).

www.kirkbyfellowship.blogspot.com

Date: August 02, 2007 01:22PM

Hi All!
I was looking at the latest load of twoddle on the KCF website there is a new batch of testimonies. One of them is from Marsha who says she puts God first in everything she does. I have to say say that I rang her once for help. My world had fallen to pieces and I rang her for help. She basically told me where to get off and put the phone down on me. Is this the actions of a person who puts God first in everything she does. Some people say dont name names on this site. But idf the truth isnt told people will never find out the hypocrasy behind these testimonies. When someone says they put God first what does that mean ? God comes first stuff all the needy people? I would like to hear from others on this site about this. As far as I understand we are Gods hands and feet on this earth and it is curious that he chooses us to help those who are suffering. In my experience of KCF if you had a problem and needed help you were met with the wall of silence. People do not believe the false testimonies that are on the KCF site. Testimonies are only of any value if you are putting into practise kindness, love and helping people TODAY!!!! Otherwise they ring out like a clanging gong of hypocrasy...

Date: August 02, 2007 01:28PM

Also my ALARM BELLS rang when I saw that they are having a boot camp for the Sunday School. BOOT CAMP...... LIONS DEN.... says it all really doesnt it and if the testimonies on this site are anything to go by they are so aptly named...
PEOPLE OF KIRKBY DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO KCF THEY WILL BE ABUSED, BY THE SICK PEOPLE WHO RUINED SO MANY YOUNG LIVES OF PEOPLE ON THIS SITE. ITS TIME THE PEOPLE OF KIRKBY WHERE INFORMED OF THE TRUTH......

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: August 03, 2007 12:27AM

Your right spider the bells went off for me when i saw the boot camp,but has'nt it always been just so? We've all had a good booting off sargent major c.doyle

Date: August 08, 2007 02:58PM

It's good to see that even though we have not posted a great deal lately, we still have a healthy hit rate. To some people from kcf I think they treat this site like a soap, some juicy Tittle-tattle to gawp at and snigger, but just a load of make - believe, because that's what they are told.

When i was in kcf, two things went through my mind often. The first was, why was it so many people had passed through kcf, yet we could'nt hold on to them? In the time i was there, I think the number was at least equal to the size of kcf then, maybe more, something like 80-100 saved, joined ec. but we lost them all why?

The second thing i pondered on was, Why weren't we involved with other churches within Kirkby and on Merseyside? why were we happy to plough a lone furrow when God wanted unity?

Of couse since I've left I know the answer to both questions

But do you?

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: August 09, 2007 02:44AM

Good one David !!!!!

Date: August 24, 2007 12:52AM

Posted: 08-23-2007 09:45 AM Post subject: Toxic Christianity!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
It is with great sadness that the reality of the damage KCF have done to its ex-members has hit me recently. I realise it takes a long time to change ones thinking as the old ways of programming by KCF are so deep rooted. I realise now that the only way you can truly change is to be de-programmed. Many times I have turned to other churches in an attempt to rid myself of the "Toxic Christianity" fed to me by KCF. That didnt work either. I was counselled for quite a long time by a very wise person who said to me if generally speaking if I did the opposite of what KCF taught me I would be alright.(Im not talking about going out and sinning just changing sick patterns of thinking) I have found this to be true.eg
The way KCF teaches you to look at the world is like this...
1. Be suspicious of everyone!
2. Discern everyone..Generally means pull someone apart looking for all there weaknesses, character defects, supposed motives, then gossip about them ..spread the word so everyone is told not to have anything to do with them. Is this UNCONDITIONAL LOVE???? Also is this another way of spiritualising judging a person. (Judge not! lest you be judged!)
3. If someone has a different viewpoint to us (KCF) cut them off immediatley.
4. People with different thoughts etc are in sin, if you mix with them you will be contaminated spiritually...
5. Check out everything with your leaders! What they say goes..therefore if you have any thoughts of your own, if they are not in line with how they interprete scripture, they are wrong.
This is the way things are done in KCF...
It is my personal opinion that this kind of behaviour is incredibly defensive, based in fear of people and leads to a massive sense of paranoia. This behaviour is not outward looking and is all about maintaining Spiritual Control over others lives.
Sometimes when all we have in our lives is a set of values that are the result of brainwashing by a cult it is hard to see another way. That is why I have found the articles on this site about brainwashing and Toxic Faith and recovery very helpful. The behaviour and thought patterns taught to us over a very long time in some peoples cases a lifetime in KCF do not go away on their own. It takes rigorous self honesty and a programme of recovery to change. Just on its own self honesty ids not enough. Support from individuals who have been through the same programme of recovery is essential. I made the choice a long time ago I did not want to stay locked into the same toxic christianity false beliefs for the rest of my life. However it took a rock bottom experience for my eyes to be opened, and to see the lies I had been fed through all the brainwashing..
I welcome any comments on this.
Do you find yourselves thinking along these lines today?
Self honesty is important here, not everybody will be in the place where they will be able to be truly honest with themselves.
The thing I ask myself today is ,is it kind to talk about people wbehind their backs? This seems to be a practice encouraged by KCF...
To me there is nothing specially kind and loving about that basically its just like every one else in the world...

Current Page: 57 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.