Current Page: 37 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: bruisednotbroken ()
Date: April 04, 2007 06:05PM

BBC....do you know that your last comment about learning to laugh again was a thought that came to me only yesterday...and it was one of those kind of thoughts that kind of jolts you awake!

I was driving the car and the thought of laughter came to me and then I started to cry...because laughter seems to be so distant from me now! It almost seems like I've forgotten how to have a good laugh, some fun. I must try and make that my mission now.

Now...where do I start?...... There does seem to be an engulfing sadness that hangs about/around me (being treated for depression atm)...but there must be a way to crack the darkness....maybe the thought has come to me because it is Eastertime/spring. Perhaps the light is about to dawn again...I am praying so, in my case.

Just by way of a request to any who are pray-ers....my only sister died at the end of January and I am travelling abroad at the end of this month to attend her memorial service (one of the reasons for my great sadness). I am going with very mixed emotions....looking forward to seeing relatives again and visiting places we once lived BUT also having the sad experience of going through some of her personal belongings with her daughter and attending the memorial service/scattering her ashes. So...if you are a pray-er...throw some prayers heavenward please. Be blessed.

Ta, guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Polar Bear ()
Date: April 04, 2007 06:44PM

Thank you for sharing, Bruised, you bring something irreplaceable to this place by being and sharing yourself, thank you. I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
Maybe it is the changing of the season, or maybe there is something in the air, but it is a great encouragement to know that a season isn't forever. Although it was winter, it feels like we are now moving to spring and a time of growth, and after that summer; my favourite time of year!

Posted by: AJG ()
Date: April 04, 2007 06:55PM

RRMOD

You're quite within your rights to ban me if you wish. I'm not going to apologise for my comments because I never meant to offend anyone.

But just at look at BBC's reaction. This is just what I would have expected!
Let me see if I've got the facts straight about this woman (and I'm willing to bet my bottom, top and middle dollar that it is a woman). She left KCF 10 years ago. I have no doubt that the experience was a pretty terrible one - but how long is she going to go one about it? For the rest of her life.

Even her name (brokenbycheryl) reeks of self pity. Why couldn't she call herself something like "timetooustcheryl"? At least it points to the future. It seems to me no-one has the guts to tell this woman to move one - all she's looking for is someone to validate her feelings. And that's not what I joined the forum for.

I don't know this woman. But I spent around ten years surrounded by such people. Someone raised the issue about battered wives and you said that the two issues had something in common. Yes, many wives go from one abusive relationship to another. If some of these people (both inside and outside KCF) don't learn to take some responsibility for their own lives they could easily go from one bad situation to another! And are you going to be there to help them? No!

Best wishes

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: April 04, 2007 11:03PM

Yes i think you are right D,I,T ,L ,the 'now famous trinity sandwich' is typical of the fellowships 'in' humour,kirkby taxi drivers are'nt stupid they see through kcf's snivelling ways,it seems to me that kcf will go to any lengths to attract people into their snare.I also agree with the comments about the lions den that description could'nt be more apt,'prophetic' even?The poor kids.I remember the days not so long ago either when the last thing on the watts' mind was kids avin fun,they had the poor mites in hour long "praise" times.Let me tell you alot of the kids were scared of the whole thing.Who will listen to the little voices of those children who dont want to go there? Just think of the children who were hurt there yrs ago none at kcf care one jot about them ,no sorry i could've made ammends,sorry you were hurt,oh no just gossip put about by cheryl doyle,imagine wanting to hurt a child put in your care,my God why were we so blind?Wait till all this gets to the community they all of a sudden suppose to care about,with my own ear's i've heard the leaders sneer at kirkby people,only in their own company of course.BB hope you continue to learn to laff some more,i also hope things go ok when you go to the funeral,you take care,Dragon xl

Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: April 04, 2007 11:23PM

AJG, you have no idea how this forum has emboldened otherwise very fearful people, such as BBC, to face up to a lot of issues this last couple of months.

Earlier on, when someone called you a troll, I thought, Hang on, I talked to this guy over email, and I don't think he's a troll. Someone made a lot of assumptions about why you were here. Now you appear to have done the same yourself and made a whole swathe of assumptions about someone you know nothing about.

AJG, I don't doubt you have some valid things to say, but with issues like these, knowledge must be shared with a little tact - of which you have shown very little!

That's nothing personal, as I have found you to be an affable kind of chap in our email communications. But here on the forums you seem to have jumped in with your opinions with very little sensivity.

Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: April 04, 2007 11:43PM

One more thing:

AJG
It seems to me no-one has the guts to tell this woman to move one - all she's looking for is someone to validate her feelings. And that's not what I joined the forum for.

Moving on is a [i:b2d92f3db2]process[/i:b2d92f3db2]. Having your feelings validated is an important part of that process. Most people here spent years in a place where their thoughts and feelings were suppressed, where they were told how to think and feel, and where they were made to feel guilty for expressing the thoughts and feelings that they are now sharing openly here. Having someone affirm that they're allowed to have their own feelings is a huge part of recovery. Do not deny them that. And do [i:b2d92f3db2]not[/i:b2d92f3db2] force them back to a place where they feel condemned for not yet having "made it".

If you read the whole thread, you'll see we have been talking openly about ways we can take this on to the next stage, ie making public moves to expose Kirkby Christian Fellowship. You seem to expect this to happen overnight. If only dealing with spiritual abuse were as straightforward as it seems to be in your world, AJG!

Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: April 05, 2007 01:34AM

AJG
You obviously out of your depth on this site
You havnt a clue what its like to be a spiritul abuse survivor.
You are most certainly an internet Troll. I will treat you with the contempt you deserve from now on......

I have to agree with the above statement

Date: April 05, 2007 01:54AM

[/b]AJG:
What makes you think we are doing nothing else apart from this website? As the Bible states 'you don't let your left hand know what the right hand is doing'. I for one am not going to give prior notice to kcf about what i am doing, why should I? We have waited years for this to come to light, this forum is truely a Godsend to us, preparing for further action in the near future is nothing to those who have waited for this time to come.

Bruised: Our prayers are with you all the way, I wish your trip we're in better circumstances, reflect on the good times you shared with your sister and come back stronger.

Date: April 19, 2007 01:46AM

So it's back up and running, just a quick message
Please check out [www.batteredsheep.com] this also has a good forum site, can we start to put 'our story' out on this site, it also has excellent resources.
Re the directing of the other web site that some people think is mine, its not, i don't care if you believe me or not. What i do care about however is freedom of speech and the not so clever way of directing people from this web site to kcf 'official' website. What are you so frightened of, its all lies isn't it

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: April 19, 2007 02:07AM

Wey hey! the sites back up.I think your right d.i.t.l.kcf are frightened,they know they are on the ropes,but hey! they never were very honest,fancy redirecting to their web site.But they cant redirect all the hurts that they have inflicted on people now can they?Yeah d in the light the poor blind ones havent a clue whats going on,and we wont keep quiet.I bet you any money kcf thort they had prayed this site away,doh !!!

Current Page: 37 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.