Current Page: 33 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: AJG ()
Date: April 03, 2007 01:37AM

[b:b4698be33a]ROSEBUD[/b:b4698be33a]

I haven't 'fought' against any cults; I don't want you to get the impression that I am some sort of cult-buster!

The only two I've known (both quite small) disintigrated on their own when certain allegations came to light. My only success is not getting dragged in in the first place. Many churches in my area, while not exactly cults, use methods and have theologies that are at best suspect. While I wouldn't warn people about them - I certainly wouldn't recommend them either!!

Best wishes, and once again, apololgies for any offence cause.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kennelwood ()
Date: April 03, 2007 01:38AM

rosebud
I think I may know who you are Kennelwood. Especially if you have been involved in running for local seat on council and helping people in Northwood with problems they have. Welcome.
Nope not me! I'm fairly sure I know who you're referring to though.

Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: April 03, 2007 02:38AM

Hi Rosebud,
You are a right little Miss Marple arnt you lolol.I wonder who you think I am lol?

Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: April 03, 2007 02:44AM

AJG a friend of mine used to go to the messianic synagogue in Hove...Small World eh?

Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: April 03, 2007 04:27AM

Miss Marple? I am sorry but I couldn't figure out what lolol means so obviously no Miss Marple then. I am more of an Inspector Clouseau, things have o be blatently in my face for me to put two and two together.
So you're secret identity is safe.

AJG. A very sad story about your friend and her son.
I did not mean to say fought. It was a wrong choice of words. I suppose I meant if you had activly and successfully helped shut any down.And you cleared up that for me. I am open to ideas about positive action so I was interested in any proven ways of doing this. So don't worry I don't think you are a "cult- buster".
Your comments did not cause offence,I am not so easily offended. I left when I was old enough to make my own choices about what I believed. And if your own experiences have been with adults it may of slipped your mind about children so I do understand. And any other ideas you may have just keep them coming.

Kennelwood, see Iam no Miss Marple as I cleared up before. I was wrong about who I thought you was. But no big deal I am still happy you are here and looking on this forum. I have to ask, What is it like living in a street full of them? How many do you have living in the street?

lots of love
Trina xxx

Posted by: kennelwood ()
Date: April 03, 2007 05:56AM

Hi rosebud

I don't actually live in Kennelwood any more, moved a while back now, I very occasionally drive past the fellowship church on Old Rough, that's about as much contact as I have with KCF nowadays. I noticed recently that the church windows have been bricked up. Hadn't spotted that before - kind of wondered if that was to keep people out or maybe keep 'em in?? :wink:

I don't actually remember you at all but as I recall KCF have this weird thing about taking new names (I gathered that this was something to do with taking another name from the Bible) so you may not have even been using your current name. Plus I think you said that you left about 17 years ago which was before I moved there I think.

As far as living in a street-full of them, I suppose it was a bit weird at first but after a while I stopped thinking about it. I personally didn't have anything against them but there was always the odd element in the street that took offence to their presence. I remember a few incidents in particular, KCF members (or God Squad as they were referred to) getting spat on in the street, cars getting vandalised regularly (I remember one car actually being toppled on it's side and caved in), bricks going through KCF members' windows. One house used to get hammered constantly and got so many windows put through that they stuck perspex over the glass to bounce the missiles off. It was like Beirut at one point. I wonder if that's all calmed down now?

As people they were OK, friendly but standoffish at the same time. Actually in fact, if I admit it, cult stuff aside, it was still much better than having a street full of scallies throwing bricks at your window, keying your car, and burning your wheelie bin! But hey, that's Kirkby for you I suppose, that's why we love the place!!! They more or less kept themselves to themselves apart from the odd occasion when they hinted at you finding out more about them, steering the conversation toward religion and so on. Like I said earlier I would have liked to have seen a bit more just out of curiosity but I'm sort of glad I never got too involved after reading the stuff on here.

I know KCF were more or less buying up the whole of Kennelwood Avenue, I heard it was because they received a message telling them to go there, but I think more it was about creating a self contained utopia, where outsiders are kept out. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense given what people are saying on this board.

I wonder how far they got buying up the street since I left? The last I heard (a couple of years ago) they'd bought another house halfway up the road, one of the younger couples moved in, I heard that they paid quite a bit over the odds for the house but I suppose it fits in with their buying up strategy. At the time I would say that they probably owned around 40% of the houses in the street already so by now they're not doing too badly I would have thought.

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: April 03, 2007 06:09AM

Hi kennelwood you pretty much sumed them up,you were looked down on if you didnt want to live in northwood or if you moved out.They believe that Gods blessing is only on northwood and basically the Almighty had given up on the rest of kirkby according to cheryl anyway.Regards,dragon........

Date: April 03, 2007 10:07AM

[b:07a55e4ec2]YETIGOOSEMONSTER[/b:07a55e4ec2]

Do you know if it's been shut down? Last I know he (the so called Rabbi) was operating out of a building near the Exchange pub, which is about 5 minutes' walk from Hove station. This has been closed down. Was it closed permantely or has he simply found somethere else to "preach" from.

I am not in contact with anyone who ever went anymore, so I have no way of getting information about what happned.

Date: April 03, 2007 11:29AM

[b:fe92c721f4]YETTIGOOSEMONSTER[/b:fe92c721f4]

Do you know any info about the messianic synagogue in Hove? I am trying to piece together what happened in the final months (I presume they are no longer going). If you know ANYTHING I would be very interested in knowing.

In fact, the very first meeting I attended there was something dodgy, but in such a subtle way that I simply dismissed it. It was during a mid-week Bible study. They were still using the original building in Portland Road.

There were about ten or so people, including a couple who ran a pet shop across the road from the shul. Like me, it was their first time. The Rabbi seemed very keen to get his hooks into them.

He asked a few questions, then said something like, "Tomorrow you are going to take more money than you've ever taken." Or something like that. He also claimed to have a "prophetci gift".

Conclusion: If it seems dodgy, it probably is! At the very least get things checked out for your own peace of mind! Be like Columbo - never dismiss anything until you're satisfied that it is harmless.

The couple who ran the pet shop never came back. Wise people!

Date: April 03, 2007 03:13PM

Hi to all

Kennelwood:
Let me expand on what you flagged up about living in kennelwood. The leaders used to live in southdene, C.doyle decided that God had put
Southdene under judgement, there was nothing down for it, don't ask me why, other christians at the time we're still living in southdene. Anyway Northwood was now God's annointed country,(that's how small their god is) so they moved there, everyone was then pressured to move, not overtly, but in a way we're it was expected of you. because Kennelwood Avenue was we're they lived (the doyles) this was the prime area. It got to the point then when even if you decided to live just arround the corner i.e. bigdale drive, it wasn't good enough, not were it was at. we went to look at one in kennelwood and one in wingate, we were told that 'you're not really in it' (if we moved to wingate)
The doyles got wind that some folk wanted to leave kennelwood, amazingly its wasn't all it was cracked up to be. yes they kept themselves very much to themselves. Anyway at a meeting we had at a place called sandymount, C.doyle said that if 'anyone wanted to move from kennelwood, they we're cowards', not matter want went on. what she did'nt mention was that she wouldn't even take a lift from one of her members because she did'nt want to be assoiciated with this woman, because they 'were getting hammered' and so did'nt want any come back. so much for faith, trust, and loyalty.

So christians who live there today, do not so much as get an acknowldgement off them because they do not go the fellowship. They are the worst type of christians, if you could even call them christian.

Current Page: 33 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.