Current Page: 40 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: firefly ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:33PM

I doubt cheryl could use physical violence- shes only small and couldn't really pull it off. Mental and emotional ways of manipulation are more her style.
Some people may end up in a sort of pupil-teacher control relationship but i think for the most its more subtle than that. As far as i'm aware cheryl doesn't put pairs togther, it doesn't really matter if they clash or not because most people are willing to do the dirty on the other and go running to snitch to cheryl because a: the person who you've grassed up looks bad, making you look better, and b: you look good for running to Cheryl, she sees that as loyalty to her.
She has a twisted idea of loyalty though. Correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but i heard when there was a leader change just after my parents left, the new leaders were deemed the ones who had been loyal to Cheryl- might i add these new leaders were new to the fellowship, had only been there a year or so and yet they were loyal. Sod the people who'd been there 20 odd years and been under cheryls rule for most of it.
Just struck me as odd the way she chooses people and how random people can just usurp the others in the leadership chain, karen mutch for example.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 20, 2007 09:17PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

It's really not that complicated or difficult to follow what coercive persuasion is.

Ofshe who is a sociologist and professor at Stanford University descibes it succintly.

"The reliance on intense interpersonal and psychological attack to destabilize an individual's sense of self to promote compliance"

He then uses four criteria to demonstrate how this is done.

1. The use of an organized peer group

2. Applying interpersonal pressure to promote conformity

4. The manipulation of the totality of the person's social environment to stabilize behavior once modified.

Robert Jay Lifton, a psychiatrist and author of the seminal book "Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalsim" describes what is commonly called "brainwashing" through eight criteria.

1. Control of communication

2. Emotional and behavioral manipulation

3. Demands for absolute conformity to behavior prescriptions derived from the ideology

4. Obsessive demands for confession

5. Agreement that the ideology is faultless

6. Manipulation of language in which cliches substitute for analytic thought

7. Reinterpretation of human experience and emotion in terms of doctrine

8. Classification of those not sharing the ideology as inferior and not worthy of respect

This is quite different from other forms of persuasion as outlined in a chart composed by clinical psychologist Margaret Singer.

Singer makes distinctions between education, advertising, propaganda, indoctrination and thought reform.

In the recovery process it's important to sort through these issues effectively.

There is a recovery section within this Web site to assist former members of destructive groups.

Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: April 21, 2007 03:51AM

Hello all. Hope you are all well. Have been actively seeking some kind of media interest in our story. More people on this site need to do more e-mailing papers and what not. How is it going with the charity comission?
Let's draw attention to this abomination.

Date: April 25, 2007 09:39AM

KCF has taught me to hate Christians.
I now see them as a threat to everything I believe in. Im sick of people cliqueing together and picking on anyone who is weak or has a different viewpoint to theirs, this is just bullying. I dont have to take it anymore!!!

Date: April 25, 2007 02:54PM

Dear Littleyellowspider.
wow, that's a sweeping statement, you hate all christians! how sad. I can understand how hurt you are, I don't know what happened to you at kcf, but i can guess. What is it you hate about me? why if someone has a different viewpoint to your own do you think its bullying?
That's the point isn't it. We are allowed to have a different slant on things. It was in kcf that you could not hold any different views, you had to toe the line or you was marginalised. You need to break free of the view that all christians are bad. That's a lie. Some are, some are wicked, not everyone is bad at kcf. The leadership - the doyles are wicked for what they have done to poeple, but don't paint everyone the same. Get angry alright, but try and see that not everything we do is wrong. Sometimes we mess up good style, other times we just about do it right. I would like to be a good friend to you.

Posted by: chandler ()
Date: April 25, 2007 09:08PM

Hi David In the LIght

I would love to share some stories on here about KCF. I grew up in KCF I had many friends who went there too. To be honest i used to sometimes hate the Sunday night meetings. Standing there Singing speaking in tounges (Is this really a Language that God understands). it used to be so boring.

I remember one friday afternoon after school all THE YOUNG ONES had to go and see Cheryl :evil: and speak in tounges, to see wether we were doing it right. Weird :shock: or what.

I have plenty more stories to share but will have to gather my thoughts first.

Date: April 25, 2007 10:48PM

Ever since I have come on this site I have been jumped on first by the moderator then by you David. I am allowed to have my own thoughts and beliefs about KCF. I dont have to conform to the psycho babble of this site or your beliefs David. You see there is no argument about my time at KCF it is my experience and therefore I will not be attacked on what happened to me. Your experience may have been different to mine. In fact you were not even in KCF when I was around so how can you comment? I read what onlyme and polarbear said earlier about this not being a safe place to recover. I would agree with that and I dont think I will be back . It seems David you want to force your opinions down my throat that is a KCf trait. It seems you havnt yet been deprogrammed sufficiently to know how to help someone who is broken and hurting.

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: April 26, 2007 12:06AM

Hey come on yellowspider! no one is out to jump on you,dont leave the site!

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: April 26, 2007 01:26AM

I always thought the set up with the children involved with kcf a bit odd! Some of those young children were at those 'meetings' till midnight on some sunday evenings,surely doyle and watts being teachers should have thought better of this arrangement.Nothing mutch changes at kcf,they still keep everyone busy with meetings meetings meetings!!! to keep people from thinking,oh !if only those meeting meant anything,they certainly dont promote mental health they just put you on a downer,always looking inward,and pulling yourself to bits,trying to gain favour with the wicked witch :evil: God forbid......

Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: April 26, 2007 03:08AM

Hi All
I wish everyone could just get along on this forum. Please people I know it is hard to share sometimes but you have to try. The more people share the more people who come on this site can see just how bad things where for us as members of this church.
Little yellow spider, How long were you in the fellowship for? And how long have you been out of it? I am so sorry you hate all christians. I thought I did too untill I healed a lot and learned not to judge a person by what their religeon is. I am not having a go at you. Everything you are feeling is part of your natural anger at what you have been through and I wish you luck in your healing.
I just want people to know their enemy. It is not the people on this site, it is the people who hate this site and think that this site is full of liars and want to see the site ended. They are your enemy.

"Yes I know my enemies
there the teachers who taught me to fight me
With No compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission, ignorence, hypocracy, brutality, the elite."
Zach De Rocha.

Love to you all

Trina xxxx

Current Page: 40 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.