Current Page: 32 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 02, 2007 05:12AM

AJG:

People cannot be forced to research groups. Many sadly don't and are duped by groups that are deceptive. Frequently groups called "cults" don't disclose their complete teachings, real goals and agenda at first blush.

But the Internet is a very effective tool for education.

Scientology for example is not doing as well as they would public to believe and membership has seemingly been slumping for some time.

But Scientology is not the subject of this thread.

The people that are speaking out here can make a very real difference.

This board is spidered agressively by a number of search engines and by sharing personal accounts that will be read people that post here can make a very real difference.

It is for this reason that Scientology has correctly perceived the Internet as a serious threat to their business.

Cults seek to control information and the Internet allows for the flow and immediate access to information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: April 02, 2007 05:41AM

Thanx Mod,
I agree with what you said. My Mum is a battered wife and I spent all my childhood protecting her. The effect of a cult like KCF is identicle to being a battered wife. When I left KCF i had lost my personality totally .i too became a battered wife. I was disempowered as a person on leaving KCF I was subconsciously looking for security and was attracted to my ex husband for the wrong reasons. He was a charismatic and very controlling person who tried to make me into what he wanted. This just reinforced all the damage in me that KCF had brainwashed me with. Later after some good christian counselling I realised it was time to do some work on myself and began to be deprogrammed from all of Cheryls teachings that had shaped my attitudes and repressed the real me. It has been a long process and it still continues...

Date: April 02, 2007 05:45AM

AJG?
I did ask you what your experiences were of cults earlier? Im just wondering if you dont have any direct experiences of cults, what your particular interest in this thread is?

Posted by: AJG ()
Date: April 02, 2007 01:34PM

[b:b88a408794]RRMOD[/b:b88a408794]

I'm please to hear that Scientology's membership is declining. Let's hope it dwindles to nothing very soon.

[b:b88a408794]BBC[/b:b88a408794] As I said, I DO have some direct experience of cults, but the main reason I am on this site is to find out as much information as possible and help to do as much damage as possible to any group or individual that I feel is fraudulent and damaging.

Date: April 02, 2007 01:51PM

[b:a7ea869092]BBC[/b:a7ea869092]
I have direct and in indirect experience wih at least two uhhealthy organisations.
Several years ago some friends of mine began attending a Messianic shul. It was completely independent and based on the vision of one man. I was never a member but did attend on a few occasions with my friends.

As time went on this individual became more erratic and authoritarian. In the end he was (like David Koresh) sleeping with more than one woman in the group, even though he was already married (but separated from his wife and involved in a legal battle for custody of his two sons). My friends had already left by then, so I no longer attended.

I don't know if he was shut down, or simply changed premises.

Date: April 02, 2007 06:40PM

Why don't you all email the BBC's Heaven & Earth show and insist that they do an investigative feature on KCF? The complaints procedure is very easy to use on the BBC website.

Further, I emailed KCF to get their side of the story; they haven't got back to me yet, but I'll let you know if they do.

Posted by: firefly ()
Date: April 02, 2007 09:16PM

It'll be interesting if KCF get back to you- unlikely, but interesting.
I can probably guess even to the wording what they'd say, they're quite predictable really once you've sussed them, would anyone else agree?

BBC i'm so sorry for what you've been through. But i think its brilliant that you are making positive steps and the real you can surface. It does make me glad to see that although you still struggle your still moving forward- its a fantastic testament to show that abuse is not the be all and end all.

Much love,
Firefly x

Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: April 02, 2007 10:10PM

I think I may know who you are Kennelwood. Especially if you have been involved in running for local seat on council and helping people in Northwood with problems they have. Welcome.

AJG, I agree that adults have some responsibilty for their own well being, but children and the vunerable do not. I am sorry about you friend who killed herself, but sometimes people who are already mentally ill are sucked into cults . And the cults just push them over the edge. And this is the only reason for my being on this website, I want it to shut down so no more vunerable people are hurt. I have talked about my experiences on this because I needed to. I was only a child when I was in this cult and really treated bad. I don't agree with all the things you said, but I am not going to argue with you because we are on the same side, and they are your opinions.I have been in touch with the BBC like you suggested, so I will have to wait and see what happens there. Have you been successfull with any cults you have fought against?

Lots of love
Trina xxx

Date: April 02, 2007 10:41PM

Hi Firefly ,
Thanx for that that means a lot to me. I am recovering and seeing other people recover makes me so happy...
Love to you all,
BBCx

Date: April 03, 2007 01:15AM

[b:c4f8dd5e85]ROSEBUD[/b:c4f8dd5e85]

I am sorry, I forget that cults sometimes involve children, too. I hope my comments haven't caused any offence. It's just my only experiences have been with adults - so I tend to think along those lines.

My friend had left the cult for some time; it was a hippie-type cult which she had joined in the late 70s. After she left she was never really able to take responsibility for her life. She killed herself because her young son (18 years) threw himself off a cliff. Unable to live with that thought she did the same thing a few years later. She left a lovely young daughter who is probably about 20 now.

Current Page: 32 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.