Current Page: 5 of 10
Messianic Churches
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: September 20, 2006 10:34PM

rrmoderator
No historic estalished Jewish denomination has ever recognized people with a Jewish background that have embraced an outside faith's belief system and docrines as simply "Jews" without qualification and the Israeli courts have upheld this denying such people the right to return as Jews to Israel.

They might call themselves apostate Jews, or Christians, Muslims, Buddhists with a Jewish family background, but they are not simply "Jews" without qualification.
I find it interesting that you reference the Israeli courts because they are controlled by the orthodoxy. In Israel, the Reform and Conservative movements are very small and they have no clout. I refuse to let the orthdoxy determine my status.
I was told by numerous religious people when I was a Christian first many years ago, that I am still Jewish. Not a Jew who is considered to be on the right path but still a Jew.

Options: ReplyQuote
Messianic Churches
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 20, 2006 10:45PM

Richard:

The Jewish and Israeli courts have made definitive rulings.

A Jew that coverts to another religion is considered a "meshumad Jew" or an apostate Jew.

It really doesn't matter what those outside the organized Jewish communtiy think.

Messianic Churches
Posted by: KevinBishop ()
Date: October 10, 2006 09:16AM

Messianic Jews have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, but still continue to practice their holy days. This is mentioned in the Bible and is not disrespectful to being a Christian-Jew. Don't forget, God said to accept his only Son and keep seven holy feasts. What does it matter to keep the feasts and still worship the Lord. God will judge the heart.

Messianic Churches
Date: October 10, 2006 08:37PM

Please understand that the purpose of this message board is not preaching.

"Messianic Jews" are apostate Jews at best. They are actually evangelical Christians and not simply "Jews" without qualification.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Messianic Churches
Posted by: feedthe5000 ()
Date: October 24, 2006 08:02AM

rrmoderator
The rules of this message board include don't preach or proselytize.

See [board.culteducation.com]

Christians are Christians and Jews are Jews, each religion is mutually exclusive with its own defining beliefs and doctrines.

There is no such thing as a "Jewish Christian" any more than a person who has converted from Christianity to Judaism would still somehow be a "Christian."

Jews are not a race, nationality or simply an ethnic group, but historically and practically defined as a group of religious adherents.

It is the exclusive right of the organized Jewish community historically to determine the parameters of Jewish identity. Not someone who has converted to another religion, or others outside Judaism.

It is disrepectful to Jews and Judaism not to recognize these simple facts and insist that somehow outside parties or former Jews have a right to share in determining who is a Jew and/or what is Judaism.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Each faith has an exclusive right to determine the parameters of its own religious identity. This would include Southern Baptists, Roman Catholics, Methodists, Quakers etc.

No historic estalished Jewish denomination has ever recognized people with a Jewish background that have embraced an outside faith's belief system and docrines as simply "Jews" without qualification and the Israeli courts have upheld this denying such people the right to return as Jews to Israel.

They might call themselves apostate Jews, or Christians, Muslims, Buddhists with a Jewish family background, but they are not simply "Jews" without qualification.

the problem is no one is preaching they are simply stating their believes so everyone understands why they believe to be a messanic.

Messianic Churches
Date: October 24, 2006 08:04AM

rrmoderator
Didn't you read and understaned the rules before registering?

The rules are very clear.

Every message board has its own focus.

This may not be the right one for you.

I am sure there are quite a few where people share their beliefs and do some preaching, but this is not one of them.

Why assume that just bc someone shares their believes is called "preaching"
They are not asking to you convert or trying to force religion on you. If you would go to church you would see the difference between preaching and sharing a believe.

Messianic Churches
Date: October 24, 2006 08:33AM

feedthe5000:

No preaching.

Sharing your beliefs publicly on this message board is considered preaching.

Messianic Churches
Date: October 25, 2006 04:17AM

rrmoderator
feedthe5000:

No preaching.

Sharing your beliefs publicly on this message board is considered preaching.

pros·e·ly·tize (prŏs'ə-lĭ-tīz')

v., -tized, -tiz·ing, -tiz·es.

v.intr.
To induce someone to convert [/color:cab0516776]to one's own religious faith.
To induce[/color:cab0516776] someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.
v.tr.
To convert [/color:cab0516776](a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.

I totally understand the rules as you have asked.
Not a single post in THIS thread has promoted or seek out to "convert" or
"induce"

Sharing is not preaching

Defintion of sharing is 3. To relate (a secret or experience, for example) to another or others.

If the rules have simply stated not to share OR preach one's beliefs or political beliefs then you would not have the problem you are having now.

Im not trying to be a jerk, but you can't call something preachy when it is convient to a moderator. When everyone else can see the difference.

Gabe

Messianic Churches
Date: October 25, 2006 10:32PM

freethe5000:

You have been warned.

Violation of the rules regarding preaching will be enforced and violators will be banned from the board.

Messianic Churches
Posted by: malleeboy ()
Date: January 12, 2007 11:52AM

Rick,

I take it that Christians can't be Jews, in the same way that Mormons can't be Christians (although they like to use that cover.)

However where do you place the historical group called the "Ebionites", which did appear to exist somewhere in between the two groups?

Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.