Current Page: 1 of 37
The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb lead by Mark H. Pritchard (Belzebuub)
Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: January 25, 2009 04:23AM

As I have mentioned before it is time that a resistance against the Gnostic Movement, also known as Gnosticweb which is lead by Mark H. Pritchard, who claims to be a reincarnation of the mythical creature non as Belzebuub.

I would encourage everyone to look at these other forums to better understand the problems with the teachings of Victor Manuel Gomez Rodriguez who claimed to be Samael Aun Woer (essential the grim reaper among the angles).

[forum.culteducation.com] , [forum.culteducation.com] and [forum.culteducation.com]

Just to reassure anyone who may have had exposure to the rantings of Mark Pritchard, I have not been possessed or otherwise influenced by negative entities neither have I failed some test in the Astral Plane. What did happen is that I never excepted the idea that there are "Egos" in my mind and that therefore I can't trust my intellect. I followed all the courses offered up to the Gnostic Wisdom course (which in my opinion doesn't contain any wisdom at all based on the book) with great effort with the expectation that some of his claims might be true.

As you may have guessed I take great offence in Mark Pritchard claiming that anyone who goes against him is an Anti-Gnostic. First of all I have nothing against Gnosticism, however I feel you are not Gnostics, you just call yourself that. Also in a literal sense to call someone an anti-Gnostic means that you claiming that they are against enlightenment, this is simply not the case.

For the record evidence of near death experiences, out of body experiences (or lucid dreaming), reincarnation, or any related matter does not substantiate the claims the made by anyone who claims to be a devine who is above all other human beings. Also any one beleive system is not sustaintiated by these type occurances.

Much of his arguement, that the practice of all other groups are wrong is based on the idea that no one else is working on their egos or if they are fanatics because they became lost on the path, which by the way only he can substantiate the existance of.

Whenever you ask someone what an Ego is (those who beleive in multiple egos of course), all they ever do is talk about what an ego does, that it is an animalistic part from our evolution past, however they never explain what an "ego" actually is. This whole concept is based on a misunderstanding of psychology. First the ego actually refers more to the concious mind. Second it could be said that the concious and unconcious and subconcious parts of the mind do not actually exist, but rather they are descriptive terms to refer to states of the mind. Some people just take things way to literally.

I would also like to point out that almost everyone who works on awareness works on it with the understanding that it is the conscious self or ego that must lessoned or eliminated. From what I understand through mindfulness awareness is achieved by letting yourself go, litterally, and joining with the universe. Loosing yourself in a moment is quite healthy according to this idea, having fun enjoying life that sort of thing. Being in the moment. According to most teachings anyways.

Of course no follower of Victor Manuel Gomez Rodriguez would want to use the word Mindfulness as that would imply that there is something good and useful in your mind. Samaeleans tend to be against anything intellectual, academic or with the framework of free thought that does not fit with their framework.

I will soon start posting on the book called The Peace of the Spirit withing, once I have finished my work on the first chapter. My arguement for each chapter will not be its strongest until I am able to go through all three books. However I hope it make sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb lead by Mark H. Pritchard (Belzebuub)
Date: January 25, 2009 07:43AM

Just wanted to give a basic biography of Mark H. Pritchard Who calls himself Belzebuub.

He was born in Wales in 1964 and from all accounts he started being involved in the teacings of Victor Manuel Gomez Rodriguez (who called himself Samael Aun Weor) in about 1990 so when he was about 26 years of age.

As far as I am aware right now all websites with information about him are generated by him or his organization.

There is a Myspace page for anyone who is interested [www.myspace.com] a facebook page [www.facebook.com]

a youtube channel [ca.youtube.com], which I hope to write some comments about his talks under the same name I use here, notanantiGnostic

He also has his own website [www.belzebuub.com] and the website for the movement is [www.gnosticweb.com].

I am of course not promoting an of his teachings, this is just for reference.

Date: January 26, 2009 03:38AM

It was brought to my attention that I should give some more information about how the Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb led by Mark Pritchard (who believes himself to be Belzebuub) goes about recruiting new students. The term student is used by the way because the word member is reserved for what appears to be the highest level in their organization.

The Gnostic Movement (led by Mark H. Pritchard who has a fantasy about being Belzebuub) spreads its teachings primary through two means, by its website called Gnosticweb and through a number of centre's or study groups around the world.

I am not completely sure how they get students to come to their courses online, I was an unusual case as I falsely believed I had found a real Gnostic group, but it appears that most people come to the teachings online because of an interest in Astral projection, Astral Travel, Out of Body Experiences (OBEs), or Lucid dreaming. This is an interesting situation, this probably occurs because there is no group out there with the structure of the Gnostic movement which works on such matters. However the ideology of the Gnostic Movement, led by Mark Pritchard (Belzebuub) is not really compatible with free spirited nature of most people who are interested in such matters.

For in person teachings they actually have two means of teaching, in centres and on retreats. The retreats are interesting, as they take students away to a nice idealic location without knowing specifically what the program is. Not saying that anything particularly negative goes on at these retreats but I do see a of lack decision making in ones own life. However this lack of a program is most probably more a result of poor planning and a degree of thinking they always know what is best for their students. What I do find interested thou, is the fact that they are starting to plan the development of permenent retreat facilities. Does anyone who knows more about how Cultish groups develop know if this is what later on turns into compounds?

The Gnostic Movement, led by Mark Pritchard (who likes to call himself Belzebuub) currently has 11 centres (actual locations) and 4 study groups around the world. Study groups exist in places where they are trying to have a centre but have do not have the numbers or resources yet so they meet in a libary or other such location. So you can see that they are trying to spread their organization where they can.

In Canada there are centres in Toronto and Montreal as well as a study group in Vancouver. In the United States there is a centre in Berkeley (San Fransico), and Madison, Wisconsin. In England there is a centre in London and a new study group in Nottingham. In Greece they have a centre in Athens as well as a study group in Thessaloniki.

Their main presense however is in Australia, where Mark H. Pritchard was working when Joaquin Amortequi (who liked to call himself Robolu) Kicked him and his wife Edith Pritchard out of The New Order. Specifically he was teaching in Sydney, but has since started centres in other places. IN Australia they have centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth. They have recently started up a study group in Geelong which is mostly run out of the Melbourne centre.

Just thought I would give all their locations so people can deferentiate them from other Samaelean groups. There website has all this information with links to specific info put up for each group. [www.gnosticweb.com].

Now as far as recruitment for these centres and study groups goes they attempt to get advertise their teachings by any means possible, but their primary effort is by spreading posters and flyers around the city or town inviting people to free courses on meditation, dreams and Out of Body Experiences or Self Discovery. There is great expense and effort put into spreading these flyers and posters. All the effort is made by volunteers at the local level and all the expense seems to be obsorbed by teachers of the centres or groups who give most of their money to centre's efforts. If there is financial exploitation it would appear to be at the top. However there is very little accountability of finances in regards to what either students or most teachers are allowed to know. Of course this offer of free courses sounds to good to be true(you know what they say), and it sounds like the way that spirituality should be offered.

When people come for the first few times, they do not disclose very much of their believe system. The teachers spoon feed the "teachings" to students gradually on the reasoning that they "do not want to over whelm the students with the "teachings" and that they should hear them "when they are ready". I think this is just a complex part of there dishonest recruitment process. They justify this behaviour by believing that all others are so obsorbed with their egos that their "egos" would work against them and keep them away from the teachings. I would like to say that the people doing this honestly believe they are doing the right thing, however they do not the justification of dishonesty that goes on this process.

Also when a student first goes to a centre or group it is at least implied that there is an exceptance of and value to all religions and spiritual traditions by the the Gnostic Movement, led by Mark Pritchard (who believes he is Belzebuub). I plan to demonstrate that this is not the case. There is not a direct lie in this case, but dishonestly non the less, they simply say something like all religions have a root or an origin that is good. In fact I think it is safe to say that they believe that all other teachings that are being taught in the world at this time are directly or indirectly evil.

Please feel free to ask me any questions or to critique what I have written. I am very open to discussing these matters. I would like to thank Jordan for giving me the motivation to get writing this critique by the actions he took on Friday.

Date: January 26, 2009 03:48AM

Here is a link of people discussing Joaquin Amortequi (who liked to call himself Robolu)

[tribes.tribe.net]

Here is a post of General Samaeleans denoucing Joaquin Amortequi (who liked to call himself Robolu) and Mark H. Pritchard (Belzebuub).

[gnosticteachings.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 04:14AM by notanantiGnostic.

Date: January 26, 2009 05:40AM

Here is a Gnostic Movement post that discusses some of what I believe highlights some of the points that show originates in the very worldly teachings of Gurdjieff, with his book Beelzebub and Tales to his Grandson. where Victor Manuel Gomez Rodriguez (Samael Aun Weor) got his influence to publish his book the Revolution of Bel (or Revolution of Belzebuub) both books were published in 1950.

[www.gnosticweb.com]

A warning if you look at this thread there is some really messed up discussion going on.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: January 26, 2009 08:55AM

notanantiGnostic
When people come for the first few times, they do not disclose very much of their believe system. The teachers spoon feed the "teachings" to students gradually on the reasoning that they "do not want to over whelm the students with the "teachings" and that they should hear them "when they are ready". I think this is just a complex part of there dishonest recruitment process. They justify this behaviour by believing that all others are so obsorbed with their egos that their "egos" would work against them and keep them away from the teachings. I would like to say that the people doing this honestly believe they are doing the right thing, however they do not the justification of dishonesty that goes on this process.
This is a common documented practice noted by many cult watch organizations. Where these groups dont disclose much information about the belief system in the beginning. "The leader is god" "The leader is an archangel" "The leader is the Avatar of the New Age" "The leader is the new Buddha" "The leader is Jesus" etc.

Its part of the conditioning process. Torwards its ultimate goal.

Date: January 26, 2009 10:23AM

Just wanted to add that the Gnostic movement teachers accuse the students who leaves of failing a test or generally not being committed enough or strong enough to do the work, or walk the path. This is also how they explain that people are more likely to drop out of the program the further along they go. For people who are further along "on the path" it is said that have failed a test in the astral and that is why they have left.

Never do they consider that these people might dissagree with something in the teachings, that there might be some sort of a problem with the program. I think a lot of people leave because the courses that they are promised in the advertising just simple turn out to not be very good. Their explanation of how to meditate are really quite poor. Most of the blame shouldn't be placed on the teachers it is really a result of the Hubrus of the man who runs the organization, Mark Pritchard.

Date: January 26, 2009 11:00AM

Just realized i made a mistake in posting the link for the forum created here for the circle for investigation of gnostic anthropology CIGA post that is here on the forum.

Here it is again [forum.culteducation.com].

Date: January 29, 2009 06:17AM

I have decided after re reading the introduction and first chapter of Mark Pritchard's book The Peace of the Spirit Within, that I would be a very unhealthy activity to go through all his writings and pick them apart, as I was planning on doing. He puts Belzebuub on the front of his books but the copyright is to Mark H. Pritchard by the way.

Two authors that would be good for anyone who is trully looking for Gnosticism are Tom Harpur and Timothy Freke.

I would like to make a few points to help anyone who would like help to critically look at the work of Mark Pritchard (who like to believe he is Belzebuub)

You will find a lot of cult speak and manipulation of language all throughout these books. i will try to mention what i think are the most critical elements of this. Of course there are many others. I hope that some day a psychologist or other social scientists will pickup the general Samael problem and start to deal with it.

Along with the cult speach there are three main things to look out for. I think the dangerous elements found this work are probably the same as all Samael Aun Weor schools.

These elements are dangerous because of their effect on the individual and well as the way that individual views and relates to the outside world.

What was particularly troubling to is that a lot of the teachings are not ancient wisdom but are infact pseudo-science, much like the teachings of the theosophists. There is a lot of Ethnocentrism in these rights, probably fare to say it is Eurocentric. Along with this there is a lot of Msappropriation of other peoples cultures. A spirituality that is timeless and from outside of time could not have these elements. There is also an element of homophobia in this work but I am not going over that here.

I really think it is unfair for someone to assume the right to newly define words for others as language is a mutually understood medium of fairness and accountability to one another. If you want to explain something that there is not a word to describe you must use many words to describe it. I am of course not an export on this but I think the point needs to be made.

Lets start with the term Psychology, which its various forms are used 19 times by end of the first chapter of the book. According to the Oxford English dictionary Psychology is "The scientific study of the human mind and its functions, especially in a given context -ORIGIN Late 17th century
When words like this are used it implies that things were going on in ancient times that there simply is not evidence for, endorsing the feeling that lies within people that things were better back then. In the first chapter he tries to make the point about how "ancient psychology" was someone more about the individual and not about external activities. First of all there by definition not such thing as ancient psychology and second psychologist don't work on external factors they work by talking to the person and perhaps doing things to get deep into their mind thy hypnosis. Anthropologist and sociologist are the ones that work on external factors. Lets get it straight. Victor Gomez was once again attack a school of thought he was stealing from.

Awareness is another interesting word without going to specific definition it is easy to argue that they word is commonly used to refer to anything that is alive, as to be alive is to be aware. The use of the word awareness is a result of the dislike of the concept of mindfulness in Samaeleans.

He sets this chapter up to appear that he is very inclusive and understanding of other cultures and really wants to help improve the world. In book Secret Knowledge, Hidden Wisdom he takes a very mean spirit divisive position against the world and speaks to his readings in a very abusive manner. It was after reading this book I naturally started to repulse from the whole thing.

I also counted that he mentioned the word "Egos" 5 times in the first chapter without giving his alternative definition for the word. This seems to me like he is trying to implant certain alternative ways of thinking in peoples minds.

Also in this chapter he leaves people with the impression that the worse of human defects is that of anger, as that the one he would use over and over again. Most spiritual and religious traditions would agree with that. But when you read Secret knowledge, Hidden Wisdom you will find that he in fact believes that "lust" is the worst and of you go against the define mother, by having sex with more then one partner in a year then you will certainly have to suffer by getting cancer to pay off the karma. Every other kind of karma can be repaid as he says. To me this look like the classic cultish behaviour of using cancer to scare people. Not to mention the misuse of the word karma.

In regards to sexual alchemy which he deals with in the last book, there is no evidence of it being practiced all over the world. I believe that it probably emerged among the Taoists but it may have also come from the Kundilini yoga tradition. There is a claim made that it was practiced by some in central America but i have seen no evidence of that. A snake can mean many things in human spirituality.

He tries to claim in the beginning that he was going about the practice of this work without believe but he was believing in the principles of the practice and also being biased by the people who gave him the teachings. I don't think he really knows what a belief is. I believe I am human, but I am also pretty sure.

a few more definitions from Oxford that might help people when looking at his work;

Fanatic - is not some who has become dogmatic about the teachings of Samael as Mark claims

a Fanatic is " a person filled with excessive and regidly single-minded zeal or enthusiam, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
by that definition most followers of Samael Aun Weor are fanatics, including Mark Pritchard.

dogma is defined as " a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

To me the idea that you should never reject a define master sounds pretty dogmatic.

Now I would like to discuss the matter of a little word called Dharma - which the teachers of the Gnostic movement use to say you are repaid with particular the particular kind of karma for your particular actions, if I remember it correction. You know what it doesn't really matter what they taught, just know this that is not at all what Dharma means. Dharma means teaching and the word is most commonly used to mean the teachings of Buddhism. When I started looking into it I quickly learned that buddha taught that there were several kinds of cause and effect not just Karma. According to what I have read anyways.

I hope this bit of information will be help to anyone who needs it. Let me know if you need any more information.

Date: January 29, 2009 01:14PM

I just found another forum where people are talking about the dangers of Gnosticweb and the Gnostic movement.

[forums.astraldynamics.com]

Current Page: 1 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.