Current Page: 79 of 84
Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: Digger ()
Date: January 14, 2011 04:12AM

You know, there may have been a realisation that it's just not that easy to run off a few hundred words justifying an article that says it's fine and dandy to have consensual sex with children.
Who'd have thought it?
Whatever, if ever, a "justification" of some sort finally arrives from the CEO of Alcor, it won't matter what the body of text attempts, the original article, or other peoples knowledge of it, is going to follow him around like a foul stench.

Ben Best also seems have some dubious thoughts on the act of procreation if those leaked emails are anything to go by, didn't one of those emails of his state he would be certainly be bringing his swimwear so he didn't miss next years action in the hot tub?
Who knows perhaps these fine leaders of the two main players may be real lucky and some twelve year olds may indeed be present, at least that's what was advertised for in 2010.
If the directors and members of these organizations don't replace their CEO/Presidents we HAVE to assume that they fully approve of their actions and beliefs.

I don't belive that my opinion of the current state of cryonics, as portrayed by the leading figures in the movement can fall much lower.

Why the hell doesn't someone DO SOMETHING?

Now we have Darwin posting that the critics of cryonics are liars (amongst other things) yet a while back on Cold Filter he claimed he was qualified as a perfusionist, Ms Maxim (a qualified perfusionist) asked him for proof of his claim.
Anyone seen proof to date? Would that make him a liar then?

Been to Cold Filter of late? They seem to be discussing how to make cryonics more popular and acceptable to the general population, it's beyond ironic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cryonics, and professional media propaganda
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 14, 2011 10:20AM

Been out of the loop for a bit...but he still hasn't responded?
Of course not.

It takes time to meet and consult with big PR agencies, to craft a media strategy. They write many drafts, bounce it around, and think of all the consequences.
They might even decide its best to ignore it, and hope it will go away.
As once they make a statement, it will be there forever.

How about new searches for the article in question...

- "SEX, COERCION,. AND THE. AGE OF CONSENT" MAX O'CONNOR
- Max More Sex, Coercion and the Age of Consent

It appears to only occur in 2 places now on the internet, as the document has been disappeared.
That is how its done. You suppress the documents in question.
After all, cryonics paying customers seem to be the most INCURIOUS folks on the face of planet earth. They don't seem to ask any serious questions.
Just believe. Just have faith.

Will any comments that come, include the full-text of the original article?
Any check the odds-makers on that one?

Re: Cryonics, and UN-professional media propaganda
Date: January 14, 2011 10:31AM

Now speaking of UN-professional media propaganda.

Mike Federowicz "Darwin" (though shalt not take the real Darwin's name in vain) wrote some unreadable diatribe about the enemies of cryonics?
The thing was full of BS, top to bottom.

First off, the most serious critics of cryonics are not "lying".
They are doing something else.
They are telling it like it is, based on the facts.
They are not deluding themselves with phantasies of frozen eternal life.
They are simply telling the truth.
And using their critical thinking faculties.

No wonder it appears that the Mike Darwin diatribe has been blocked from the view of the general public?
Has it been cross posted to the public internet?

As there is a difference between professional media propaganda, and that other stuff known as a bunker-diatribe. No wonder they appear to have censored that too from the public.

That is how you do it.
Censor censor censor, and disappear anything you don't like.
That is the Antiscience of cryonics.
Its propaganda, persuasion, sales, and belief and faith.
There is no science, there is no open research that is published in proper peer-reviewed journals.
There is no actual science.

Lots of cold air though, marketing propaganda and tax-breaks for those calling the shots.
And expense accounts for a spoonful of sugar and hot-tub per-diems.

Re: Cryonics, and UN-professional media propaganda
Date: January 14, 2011 10:44AM

There is some absolutely crazy stuff on Cold Filter.
Just nuts.

Anyone who has read the serious critics of the cryonics companies, knows the facts are there, dozens of them, hundreds of them.
Which is why they try to use PROPAGANDA to smear the entire process of critical analysis, as they cannot deal with the facts about the cryonics companies.
Same technique is used in political media propaganda.

These so-called CEO's of these so-called cryonics companies should all have been fired long ago.
But they have the support of their boards, and are doing what the board wants.
The facts about how dirty the cryonics companies is now well known. Its up to people to do their research.

Obviously the goal of the cryonics companies, is to try and suppress the ugly facts about the cryonics companies, and hope it will all go away, and distract people, with more speculation and delusions about "the future" and their Eternal Life.
Don't look at the ugly facts of reality, Dream about your eternal life, which they promise you can have...FOR A PRICE.

That is exactly like the church in the middle ages...pay them enough money, and you get a promise of eternal life.

Re: Cryonics, and professional media propaganda
Posted by: captnims ()
Date: January 14, 2011 07:52PM

Anticult: It appears to only occur in 2 places now on the internet, as the document has been disappeared.

Actually 3 places. I saved it as a PDF through Google Docs and have forwarded it to an individual who will put the document to good use.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: January 15, 2011 12:49AM

"You know, there may have been a realisation that it's just not that easy to run off a few hundred words justifying an article that says it's fine and dandy to have consensual sex with children.Who'd have thought it? "

-LOL funny. Yes, I would imagine it would be like one of those college all-nighters where you just can't quite get started on your essay.

Posted by: richiekgb ()
Date: January 15, 2011 01:30AM

lol

I enjoyed mark plus's veiled death threat and the way they compared me threatening to pelt Ben Best with Eggs to Tuscon Arizona shooting rampage.

"Richie XXXXX has noted his emotional drive and hatred of cryonics, and his interest to harm you physically. In light of the recent events that happened in Tucson, AZ; I wonder if you have reported these threats to the British authorities."

"And a lot of cryonicists in the U.S. own guns, myself included, in case Richie intends us bodily harm.

Strangely enough, Jerry Searcy told me recently that he wanted to buy his first gun. I said, "Jerry, you're from Alabama, and you've never owned a gun? What kind of cracker are you?"

Makes Larrys death th more significant threats seem more of the realistic now - Luckily I am a black belt of welsh martial art Llap Goch and I can disarm someone 200 ways just using a daffodill.

Less confused more bemused.

Update on Max More - Waiting for Libertarian website to update - its been sent but has not yet gone live.

Re: Cryonics, Guns and God
Date: January 16, 2011 12:08AM

Note that long ago, after just a short critical analysis, it was noted in this thread that the main cryonics promoters and salesmen, were also "gun-lovers" and had survivalist mentalities.
Anyone with the ability to use basic critical thinking skills can see that, and that warped mentality crops up from time to time, even though they try to conceal it.

It fits hat and glove with the religious style faith that the cryonics companies are trying to market cryonics with, to tap into the human desire for immortality.

The cryonics salesmen, cannot tolerate any criticism or analysis. They directly go after anyone with threats, or worse, who dares to raise their voice and ask even a basic question about what is going on.
Again, there is no "science" there at all. Science is based on research and open critical analysis.

Cryonics is a sales-job, a hype, marketing, advertising. And for the true believers, they believe its a one-way ticket to eternal life, if you pony up the cash to their company.

If there is ever a real investigation into the actual physical state of those "corpses" and human body-parts (those that have not been disposed of or cremated) stored at these cryonics places, the public is going to be shocked.

SEX, COERCION, AND THE AGE OF CONSENT www.thedegree.org/polin010.pdf
Date: January 16, 2011 12:27AM

The public internet is turning up some interesting links.

SEX, COERCION, AND THE AGE OF CONSENT by MAX O'CONNOR [www.thedegree.org] www.thedegree.org/polin010.pdf

And regards the now disappearing Mike Federowicz "Darwin" rant, notice that they cannot even post a message properly on the internet! This is a document they say they want to circulate widely?
The document URL is broken and unusable, the subject is misspelled, the document format .docx is unreadable to many people.

[cryonet.org]
X-Message-Number: 33208
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 04:04:01 EST
Subject: Uregent: Attention Cryonicists

If a person cannot even convert a document to PDF or plain-text, what does that say about their technical "skills" in performing hundreds of useless and horrible "experiments" on dogs? What is wrong with this picture, again?
Then this cryonics rant is blocked on cryonics websites from viewing by the general public?
What is wrong with this picture?

Cryonics: Ranting at Reality.
[www.scribd.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 12:31AM by The Anticult.

3 cryonics traps envisioned by Charles Platt, Cult Education rules!
Date: January 16, 2011 12:44AM

Fascinating post on cryonet...don't know who is saying what with the quotes, but in fact what was said is accurate.
As a bonus, the terrific and accurate Cult Education Forum is referenced in the subject title for some reason.

1) They want to block all competition to monopolize the cryonics business.
2) You must say nothing critical about cryonics, ESPECIALLY when its true, as then the government po-lice will kick down the cryonics doors and bury you in the cold dark ground. So just STFU, especially when your criticism is true.
3) If you step out of line, we may botch your cryonics freezing. That threat has been made and posted online.

Mission Accomplished.

---------QUOTE---------------------------------
[cryonet.org] cryonet.org/cgi-bin/dsp.cgi?msg=33214
X-Message-Number: 33214
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:04:39 +0100
Subject: Cult Education Forum (do you remember the ebola virus article...
From: =?UTF-8?Q?Jonathan_Despr=C3=A9s?= <jonano@##ail.com>

My experience in the cryonics business was not easy.

But I remember something true about cryonics right now:

3 cryonics traps envisioned by Charles Platt:

Trap #1. "Our organization needs help. If you do your thing instead of
helping us, you will weaken us. If we collapse, you will have nothing.
Therefore, you should NOT COMPETE WITH US." I call this "The Whining
Monopoly Scenario" since the organization seeks to preserve a monopoly
of its market segment by whining about its delicate condition.

Trap #2. "Our organization cares for cryonics patients who must be
protected at all costs. If you criticize our organization or reveal
embarrassing facts, you will empower hostile legislators or others who
will try to shut us down. Therefore, you should say NOTHING NEGATIVE
ABOUT US." I call this "The Perpetual Hostage Scenario," since the
cryonics patients are serving exactly the same role as hostages.

Trap #3. "You'll be dead before you have time to build a new
organization to save yourself." I guess the only answer there would be
to establish your organization as a cult and surround yourself with
young acolytes.
------------------------------------

Current Page: 79 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.