Current Page: 76 of 84
Re: Cryonics, IN PRAISE OF THE DEVIL by MAX MORE, Max O’Connor.
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 02, 2011 03:40PM

www.maxmore.com/writing.htm

"In Praise of the Devil," reprinted in Atheist Notes of the Libertarian Alliance, UK, January 1991.

"Sex, Coercion, and the Age of Consent." Political Notes, No.10 (October 1983), of the Libertarian Alliance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 02, 2011 03:45PM

Max More's blog, the irony is obviously not intentional...must be that dang Entropy of the universe again...

-----------------------------------------
QUOTE:
Max More's Strategic Philosophy [strategicphilosophy.blogspot.com]
Friday, December 24, 2010
"My new responsibility as CEO of Alcor Foundation
After an exhaustive set of interviews and background checks, the board of directors of Alcor Life Extension Foundation have given me the position of CEO, starting January 1, 2011. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity, especially since it's a kind of return -- I started a cryonics organization (with several friends) in England way back in 1986.

The official announcement is here:" [www.alcor.org]

-------------------------------------------

Date: January 02, 2011 04:00PM

One can remember way back when, once upon a time, when there were those criticizing this thread as being too harsh on the cryonics salesman and cryonics companies?
Saying that this thread went too far.

WRONG.
In fact, this thread was too tepid at the start, as the evidence was only starting to be gathered.
Its all about the facts, about what is really going on in cryonics.
Its much much worse in cryonics than was thought at the beginning of this thread.

And this is just what is hidden in plain sight.
These companies have been signing everyone who works there to GAG-ORDERS for quite some time now, and when one person tried to speak out, they very aggressively went after that person, to try and make an example of them, to keep anyone else silent.
Cryonics is a very ugly scene.

And the people who pay the cryonics dues, have to be the most INCURIOUS people alive. They need to realize they are NOT frozen-dead yet, and their brain is not yet frozen, they still have the ability to think with even a shred of analytical ability.

[www.merriam-webster.com] Definition of INCURIOUS
: lacking a normal or usual curiosity : uninterested <a blank incurious stare>

Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: Digger ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:31PM

The Max More article was published in 1991, in 2010 there was a
cryonics meeting in Florida called "Teens and Twenty's"

In 2010 the invites were to people from 12 years of age upwards.
There will be another "Teens and Twenty's" meeting in 2011 -
I wonder if 12 year olds will be invited again.

I really, genuinely, hope there is no connection between the article
and the invites.

How long before the newspapers get ahold of this stuff?

Threats from Max More's Wife
Posted by: melmax ()
Date: January 03, 2011 09:04AM

Natasha Vita-More is sending me emails, threatening me with litigation, in regard to what she calls my "libelous statement" about her husband. I was not attacking Max More, so much as I was attacking Alcor's choice of a new CEO. I don't see what could be considered "libelous," in quoting Mr. More's own remarks, and I am not responsive to threats. If Ms. More wants a legal battle, she shall have one. I'm sure Alcor will appreciate the additional media attention.

Posted by: richiekgb ()
Date: January 03, 2011 09:12AM

[sites.google.com]

She can sue me too!

Fair play to her for standing by her man - Shame he had/has questionable beliefs - hes obviously a fruitcake!

Max has messed up here leaving that document online - :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 09:14AM by richiekgb.

Re: Cryonics, SLAPP to silence the general public debate.
Date: January 04, 2011 05:08AM

And it starts all over again.
These rogue groups and sects, they REFUSE to engage in ANY public debate over what they are doing.
They have only one response.

Threaten the general public with a SLAPP [en.wikipedia.org]

The only purpose of a SLAPP, is try try to scare the general public into silence, so there is no analysis of what the companies and their executives are doing, and where the money is going.
What is wrong with these cryonics believers?

Of course, they can keep cryonics believers in line, by their THREATS to destroy and mutilate their corpse at the time of their death, as they have signed a contract with the devil...uh....cryonics company, to give them their corpse.
So its easy to keep those folks silent, as they are afraid of getting a bad preservation, and those threats are online and reposted in this thread.

Next, they want to try to silence the GENERAL PUBLIC from researching what is going on in cryonics?
So they target the most fair and honest critics of cryonics.

Why instead don't they EXPLAIN THEMSELVES?
Why don't they explain their own statements and writings and behaviors?

Because they are a fringe sect, with totalitarian control, and they want to SUPRESS DISSENT.
That is reality.
The "leaders" in cryonics have nothing to do with futurism or science, as those real scientists openly publish, deal with criticism properly, and have their material peer reviewed properly.

The cryonics groups operate like the Landmark Forum, or a fringe religious sect, where anyone who raises questions is branded an ENEMY OF CRYONICS apostate enemy, and must be burned at the stake and SLAPPed ino silenced for their Free Thought.

These cryonics leader-believers are not only outrageous hypocrites, there are clearly some very psychologically disturbed people running the store.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 05:11AM by The Anticult.

Date: January 04, 2011 05:22AM

www.maxmore.com/writing.htm

"In Praise of the Devil," reprinted in Atheist Notes of the Libertarian Alliance, UK, January 1991.

"Sex, Coercion, and the Age of Consent." Political Notes, No.10 (October 1983), of the Libertarian Alliance.

Sex, Coercion and the Age of Consent by MAX O’CONNOR
Date: January 04, 2011 03:36PM

It looks that document has been INSTANTLY removed from the internet, when it had been out there for years.
Of course, all the links are still out there, so they are BUSTED red-handed trying to rewrite the facts, and to suppress the document. Are they going to be able to cover this one up too?
Trying to conceal this from the public?
Of course, anyone can quote excerpts from any document, for the purposes of review and textual analysis.

Max O'Connor,
Sex, Coercion and the Age of Consent (Comment by Brian Micklethwait), 1981, 2pp.
ISBN: 1 85637 190 5 [www.libertarian.co.uk]

Search Google for:

"max more" site:libertarian.co.uk

Its the same person, same articles.

[www.libertarian.co.uk] QUOTE: "Max O'Connor [now known as Max More] - "Aspects of British Economic History: Some Libertarian Perspectives", 29 July, 1983
Max O'Connor is a student at St. Annes College, Oxford"

SEX, COERCION, AGE OF CONSENT by MAX O’CONNOR
1981: Libertarian Alliance; Max O’Connor; Brian Micklethwait. [www.libertarian.co.uk]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 04, 2011 10:29PM

Remember how in history classes we were told that the scribes in monasteries played a role in preserving ancient texts during the dark ages when many libraries elsewhere were being wiped out?

Anything that is copied in full and posted here on the RI message board is preserved from destruction elsewhere.

Current Page: 76 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.