Current Page: 75 of 84
Cryonics, regulation, http://www.rickross.com/groups/gentlewind.html
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:40AM

Have to agree with that.
As since was said long ago in this thread, when corpses are donated as biological research tissue, then the cryonics company can do what it wants with the corpse, subject to the Uniform Anatomical Gift Act (UAGA) [en.wikipedia.org]
Now of course, that means they can experiment on the corpse, and then dispose of the body parts or corpse at their discretion, and no one is going to know anything about it.
So using the UAGA is the real "enemy of cryonics", as the body is legally no longer allowed even the protections of a pet cemetery.

Even an outsider can see that if someone really believed in "cryonics", then they would want it to be fully regulated as a cemetery, as then one assumes its harder for anyone to tamper with the corpses?

As far as a non-profit organization criteria, of course that is up to the IRS.
But speaking from previous experience, if a non-profit that is being misused by its board for themselves gets busted by the IRS, then they usually just close it down, and then open it as a new "religion" of some type. That gives them even more loopholes for taxes. (cryonic Venturists, etc).
Then when that "religion" gets shut-down, they take down the sign on the door, and open the next day with a new name and a new religion and try again.
If they are really bad and go to jail, then when they get out of 3 months in jail, they open a new religion first day out, with a new "non-profit" org.

John "Tubby" Miller from the former Gentle Wind Project would have fit right in with some of these cryonics operators, its the same seedy story, right down to the money for nothing and the sexual exploitation.
Just different "content" but the same story.
[www.culteducation.com]

melmax
The Anticult
Now watch the cryonics companies all try to switch to being cryonics cemeteries, and then triple their prices.

Alcor is not likely to willingly convert to a cemetery. If they did that, they would be required to employ licensed embalmers, and laymen wouldn't be able to dress up like surgeons and chop off heads. There are a disproportionate percentage of six-figure salary and benefits packages, tied to organizations affiliated with Alcor, and I think those are largely-dependent on Alcor pretending to be a research facility, and retaining their right to allow anyone off the street to "play doctor." Personally, I don't think Alcor meets the requirements of a non-profit agency, something I've previously stated, many times. They are preserving bodies, nothing more, as far as I can see, and, therefore, SHOULD be regulated as a cemetery.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cryonics, prostitution in the Philippines
Date: January 02, 2011 02:59AM

There is only one real reason why there is so much prostitution in the Philippines. There are not enough jobs, its the same reason so many women/girls leave the Philippines to work overseas, they need to earn a living and support their families.

But those who EXPLOIT others as their way of life, always try to rationalize what they do, and blame the victim. Its the identical pattern seen time and time again.
And of course, those involved in one sham, are always involved in many other shams and scams, sometimes dozens of other scams, even using alternate names.

The Leopard does not change its spots.
Someone involved in this type of behavior from a young age right until their advanced years, doesn't change. What they seem to do, is change the names of their organizations and front-groups, and if they get into serious trouble, like with the IRS, they end up living on a boat somewhere overseas, still running their shams and scams, using others.
Its the same type of pathological personality seen on these websites, time and time again.
Look into the history of the Gentle Wind Project, or 100 other groups and sects. Its like reading the same horror story over and over again.

Digger
Three hits in an many days! This time it's Edgar Swank.

[cryomedical.blogspot.com]

Cryonics, Edgar Swank "I support" link to Ernst Zündel
Date: January 02, 2011 03:14AM

On the Edgar Swank website [edgars.byethost13.com] there is a link under Quote: "I support" about notorious CRIMINALLY CONVICTED holocaust denier and Neo-Nazi Ernst Zündel.

www.zundelsite.org/english/harwood/Didsix01.html
Did Six Million Really Die? Truth at Last - Exposed:

[en.wikipedia.org] QUOTE: "(Zundel) was deported to Germany and tried in the state court of Mannheim on outstanding charges of incitement for Holocaust denial dating from the early 1990s. On February 15, 2007, he was convicted and sentenced to the maximum term of five years in prison"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2011 03:22AM by The Anticult.

Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: richiekgb ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:54AM

[cryomedical.blogspot.com]

"Join me, join Lucifer, and join Extropy in fighting God and his entropic forces with our minds, our wills, and our courage. God's army is strong, but they are backed by ignorance, fear, and cowardice. Reality is fundamentally on our side. Forward into the light!"
[www.lucifer.com]

After reading Mr. More's article, I had a laughing fit. Think about it...Saul Kent, and others, whining away, decade-after-dacade, about the failure to promote cryonics, and Alcor appoints someone sure to offend the majority of the world's population, as CEO. You've got to admit, that's pretty funny. I'm serious...I'm not trying to "jerk anyone's chain"...that's funny as hell, and to be honest, I was still willing to give Mr. More the benefit of the doubt, in regard to his ability to do something productive, at Alcor. Then, thinking I might have a few more laughs, I made the mistake of deciding to look up some more of Mr. More's writings, and came across an article he wrote, about having sex with children: [www.libertarian.co.uk];

Is no-one safe from Melody these days!

Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 02, 2011 10:38AM

I notice that Max More includes a plug for a book by George C Smith, registered mental health professional aka Nemo of the Temple of the Vampire pyramid scheme, on his promo page for Lucifer.
Such an incestuous lot of scammers.

Speaking of which, under his own name of Max O'Connor, he argues for his libertarian rights to have sex with underage children:

'If a child does not want to go to court, has not
told the parents about his or her sexual activities, and has
shown no signs of upset or fear, then there is no justification
for assuming the use of coercion. Hence no legal action
should be brought. On the other hand, if some evidence
does exist, it is the child’s word against that of the adult.'

Well done Melody.
What a fine, principled figure Alcor has chosen to represent their cause the public at large.
The National Enquirer must be waiting with the presses already warming up for this one, its got the lot--frozen heads, Vampires, Satanists, Luciferians and politically concerned paedophile activists.

Then there was Mark Plus (who may or may not be the same person as Mark More) with his comment:
"The perfect cryonics patient is a healthy ten year old who can walk into the lab and lie down on the table before the procedure."

Come on, you True Believers in cryonics, join the dots here.

The money that is being taken off you for the future care of your corpse in the freezer is in the hands of such people.

Do you seriously think that it is in good principled hands? These people look at a healthy ten year old and see either a perfect sexual opportunity or a perfect cryonics experiment--how do you think they view you, your wallet and your trust in them?

Re: Cryonics, Society of Preverts, Vampires, Satanists
Date: January 02, 2011 11:25AM

Just to clarify, Max More and Mark Plus are not the same person.

Re: Cryonics, Society of Preverts, Vampires, Satanists and pedophiles
Date: January 02, 2011 11:55AM

The weirdness just keeps getting weirder, and going off the charts.

By point of fact, the Entropy of the universe (Second Law of Thermodynamics) is not caused by "God", its just the way the universe is.
But cryonics nutjobs get their knickers in a knot over "entropy" as they think that is what causes "death".
If a person is so stupid as to oppose the entropy of the universe, then there is no hope for them. You might as well oppose the big bang, or oppose gravity. That's just the way the universe is, too bad the universe doesn't behave they way their pre-adolescent cryonics fiction wants it to.
You would expect that from some fringe Sci-Fi UFO cult, but these cryonics idiots run around like they know "science" when they are TOTALLY ignorant of the most basic facts in science, or of reality itself.

Quote: "Until 1989, Max More published under his former name, Max T. O'Connor." [www.facebook.com]
Max More (born Max T. O'Connor, January 1964) [en.wikipedia.org]

"Sex, Coercion, and The Age of Consent": by MAX O’CONNOR [www.libertarian.co.uk]

As far as an adult illegally having sex or engaging sexual activities with a minor child, in the USA one has to call the police, and hopefully the justice system will care of those pedophiles and their crimes against children with a jail sentence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2011 12:04PM by The Anticult.

Re: Cryonics, Society of Preverts, Vampires, Satanists and pedophiles
Date: January 02, 2011 12:13PM

Search Google for:

"max more" "max o'connor"

Cryonics, IN PRAISE OF THE DEVIL by MAX MORE, Max O’Connor.
Date: January 02, 2011 12:26PM

(looks like the same article, but this version still has the name MAX MORE on it, and also Max O'Connor in the fine print. Save a copy before its disappeared from the internet. Anyone with links to this article should add this link)

IN PRAISE OF THE DEVIL by MAX MORE [www.libertarian.co.uk]
1991: Libertarian Alliance; Max O’Connor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2011 12:28PM by The Anticult.

Re: Cryonics, IN PRAISE OF THE DEVIL by MAX MORE, Max O’Connor.
Date: January 02, 2011 12:36PM

Search Google for:

"max more" site:libertarian.co.uk

Its the same person, same articles.

[www.libertarian.co.uk] QUOTE: "Max O'Connor [now known as Max More] - "Aspects of British Economic History: Some Libertarian Perspectives", 29 July, 1983
Max O'Connor is a student at St. Annes College, Oxford"

SEX, COERCION, AGE OF CONSENT by MAX O’CONNOR
1981: Libertarian Alliance; Max O’Connor; Brian Micklethwait. [www.libertarian.co.uk]

Current Page: 75 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.