Re: Desteni
Posted by: concernedmom83 ()
Date: December 05, 2011 11:16PM

Sandman, this is so true. I have always felt that the member's "public confessions" have welded them to
destenicult. Just think of any group one would belong to, whether it be for enjoyment, (bowling, tennis,)
or a social concern group, ...my point is: NONE WOULD ASK OR EXPECT A CONFESSSION FROM IT'S MEMBERS!
I think not even the social watch dogs of todays society.

Equally disturbing was this post by: 'Marlen' (a member of desteni):

Desteni are now advocating eugenics. Marlen Vargas Del Razo has published,

"Eugenics is Best for All Life in Equality"

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

She writes:

Advocating this point can lead us once again to a known-link which is Hitler. The sterilization of ‘defectives’ was in his book Mein Kampf and as such it was regarded as ‘evil.’ – I have no problem at all with that either

How in this day and age, after what this world has been through, would anyone see that this would be a solution.
Where does the meaning of "defectives" stop? Someone with vision problems? Someone with severe allergies? Someone
born with Down Syndrone?
In this world that we live in, here today, does this destenicult ACTUALLY believe that the world (all 7 billion of us) are going
to go along with this craziness? I can assure you, Marlen, with all that I know of people and their love for life, this is a very
serious hit against mankind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 06, 2011 12:58AM

That's a really good article, vivian 111, on extremist traits.

Re: Desteni, using the techniques of mind control and brainwashing.
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 06, 2011 01:08AM

And guys like Poolman and his cohorts, use those techniques deliberately.
You always find with these guys trying to run sects like Desteni, that they have read and studied many books and cults, which use these TECHNIQUES of group control on the followers.
They do it 100% self-consciously, like a technician.
The leaders discuss the techniques only among eachother, and use them on the followers like they are guinea-pigs, using trial and error, to see what works.

That is why the Desteni Leaders admire Hitler. Hitler and his henchmen used some of the same techniques on the public, and on those in their inner circles.

Desteni practices self-conscious techniques of brainwashing, mind control, propaganda, lying, and ever other cultic technique in the book.
And they do it very obviously, as can be seen by the trained eye.

Posted by: vivian111 ()
Date: December 06, 2011 01:14AM

concernedmom83
Desteni are now advocating eugenics.

Actually, this is just symptomatic of narcissistic personality disorder, and falls under "splitting":

Narcissistic personality disorder:
[en.wikipedia.org]

Splitting:

Splitting (psychology) - [en.wikipedia.org]

People who are diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder use splitting (black and white thinking) as a central defense mechanism. They do this to preserve their self-esteem, by seeing the self as purely good and the others as purely bad. The use of splitting also implies the use of other defence mechanisms, namely devaluation, idealization and denial.

Additionally, from The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements:

The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the more ready is he to claim excellence for his nation, his religion, his race or his holy cause.

Likely unknown to "Marlen", is that schizophrenia was also regarded as degenerative to the human gene pool in the early eugenics program in the US, so some Desteni members (not mentioning names...) would have been sterilized as well.

Posted by: Natasha ()
Date: December 06, 2011 01:56AM

Very very useful and interesting comments, thanks to all the recent contributors.

Date: December 06, 2011 02:36AM

Stoic
That's a really good article, vivian 111, on extremist traits.

Thanks Stoic, I discovered it one day while I was putting all the pieces together after my own cult experience. It's spot on.

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: December 06, 2011 06:07AM

The question of an epidemic of Narcissism is a hot topic of debate in the contemporary field of psychology...

[www.apa.org]
[news.discovery.com]
[www.narcissismepidemic.com]

Desteni provides a ready-made platform for narcissistic tendencies and an excuse to take up a self-righteous, self-centered attitude in public, all under the guise of saving the world....

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 06, 2011 08:23AM

There is an important distinction between narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic behavior disorder.

In NPD, one feels emptiness, but in NBD the person goes so far as to use/abuse other people as objects to self soothe or self repair. In one of the citations NBD is characterized by "

These days Narcissist and Narcissism are flung about.

Each of us has a tinge of narcisisistic personality wounding...none of us has ever had a 100% trauma free upbringing.

But Narcissistic Behavior Disorder " characterized by perverse, antisocial, and addictive behaviors" is very much more grave--one is using and abusing people as objects and leaving a trail of wreckage in one's wake.

The constant quest of a cult leader for new fresh recruits can be seen as similar to an addicts' drug seeking behavior.

[www.google.com]

Note: It is very important to put "Kohut" into the search citation because he continued to study this issue for years and refined his understanding to see that a distinction had to be made between narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic behavior disorder.

Posted by: jK7sV6kS0d ()
Date: December 07, 2011 04:02AM

Great info and resources above. Thanks to all of you for publishing it. It took me quite awhile
to read through it and I still don't understand some of it. But it all makes sense, the more that
I read. Bernard had a plan from the beginning to be the leader of a cult. In a way, I don't think
that he could help himself after reading about his personality. It does fit him well.

I read my friends blogs, both old and new, and I can't believe he is the same person that I knew.
I know the answer to this question, but I don't understand. That is, why will Desteni not let
opposing views, that may turn into members, ask questions or inquire. It is a complete life
change that Bernard and the rest are asking the 'world' to take on. I would love to see an open
chat or open (live) forum where the 'outsiders' could ask questions. And they could ask us questions.
I for one, don't understand why Desteni doesn't do this. Well as I said I do know why, because
we are a threat to them, plain and simple.

My friend will not accept or acknowledge his family, his friends (me) or anyone from his past. It
seems like we didn't exist to him. He has a new 'family' and friends now I'm afraid. It's not that
he is unkind and say's 'stay out of my life', he just doesn't respond. Not only to me, to his siblings
and friends, who have tried to reach him.

My point is: If this is going to be an equal money system new world, then why ignore people that
love and care for you? (I know that there are others here who have experienced this, and I share the
pain with you)

Still researching .

Date: December 08, 2011 02:24AM

Some more social psychology:

Groupthink, conformity and suppression of dissent is strong in Desteni, as in all cults.

The Solomon Asch Conformity Experiment is applicable:

Youtube: Asch Conformity Experiment – 4:10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.