Current Page: 37 of 134
Desteni, cult, ecstacy, alcohol, Desteni Farm, marijuana
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: July 01, 2010 07:56PM

As regards their policies on alcohol and drugs, the information put out by Desteni is misleading.

In "Alcohol is Rotten Fruit for Rotten People" -- [www.youtube.com] -- Bernard Poolman states, "at Desteni we do not use alcohol at all, it's not even an issue"

The Desteni FAQ -- [desteni.co.za] -- however, lists under what "DESTENI STANDS FOR": "Enjoyment of Alcohol: without intoxicating, abuse or addiction".

So, there is a clear contradiction there.

The list of what "Desteni Stands Against" includes "Drug Abuse: obviously." Many people would of course take the view, whether they agree with it or not, that the term, "drug abuse" would mean any form of recreational drug-taking.

Yet, the list of what "DESTENI STANDS FOR" includes "Enjoyment of Marijuana: as a temporary bridge for self-purification, not as a crutch or dependancy."

And in Bernard Poolman's talk, "Process Support - Drugs & Self-Support" -- [www.youtube.com] -- he recommends Ecstasy as the Desteni drug of choice, and states,

"The only drug that one can use as self-support is ecstacy . . . Do not believe though that the ecstacy is the real thing. It is a temporary chemical solution to show you to what extent you are being possessed by fears, stresses and anxieties, and the dominance of sex in your life. If you do it, share it, let's hear all about it."

If Ecstasy is "the only drug one can use", then why is marijuana also listed as acceptable?

The feelings of inter-connectedness and love between people manufactured by the use of Ecstasy would be why it is favored by Poolman, in order to contrive a sense of "oneness" between those who visit the Desteni farm, as well as to gain their trust.

The question is, for those who visit the farm, is use of Ecstasy in Desteni compulsory in the same way that having a shaved head is compulsory?

Would Poolman reprimand farm visitors for not taking E in the same way as he reprimands Desteni members in "Process Support - Visibility - There is no Middle Road: 1+1=2" -- [www.youtube.com] -- for not shaving their heads?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2010 07:57PM by Sandman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Desteni
Posted by: dsm ()
Date: July 02, 2010 12:15AM

This goes back to that video in which Poolman states that the existence of laws against crimes are what creates criminals. He can claim consistency by saying he is defining whatever he allows as not "abuse" of a drug, and he allows alcohol for "rotten" people, thus everyone is "rotten".

As for Ecstacy, why isn't South Africa arresting Desteny over this? It is not legal, after all, and if indeed it is being used as a form of chemical co-ercion, how much worse that is than just street-sales!

Here is a 2007 document on law enforcement and drugs in south Africa, and ecstacy is clearly listed alongside crack, etc:

[www.saps.gov.za]

Posted by: sbb ()
Date: July 04, 2010 05:02AM

"Yes, the farm in SA as far as I know is the only offline location. There may be plans afoot to establish other centers of activity but the impression is that Poolman would not let that happen without his direct input and involvement."

-----
In respone to the above post, SA is not the only offline location. According to Desteni Education run by Katie Conklin and Cameron Cope, in Houston, Texas, has followers gathering. Their purported mission is to "educate" those with learning disabilities, but they have neither professional training or credentials to do so. According to the Desteni Educaiton website, They are using the campus of the University of St. Thomas to hold some tutorial classes for SAT prep for $2690.

Katie Conklin states on the Desteni Universe website on May 26, 2010, about the software they are selling after an in-home consultation:

The software that we are promoting bypasses the usual learning methods and directly places vocabulary into the user. There is no thinking involved. All children will obviously have to face their parents fears, however when they are using the program, they will learn without influence of another. It is simply them working with themselves.

The point is, parents will not see this common sense. They are consumed by fear. If we must manipulate this point to get the education into the hands of the child, then we will.

[desteni.co.za]

On May 24, 2010, Cameron Cope posted:

We are using Vocabulary building software (designed and tested by Desteni et al) which builds in words directly into the child's physical (much like how one downloads and allows them to apply them from a clear starting point.

Our Reading software tests comprehension and works with Eye Exercises to increase reading speed. Our methods differ from typical 'speed reading' because we do not "teach tricks" to read faster. The software works on building reading skills at the physical level.

We do not support methods that only support memorization or association. Not only because these methods are slow and ineffective, but because they do not support the child's ability to stand One and Equal with ALL INFORMATION. We support Equality and Effectiveness, not merely coping mechanisms that ultimately limit the child's ability to Stand in this Reality and see the System directly.

We are supporting in the process of preparing the "first wave" of children to stand in reality and Direct the system to one that supports all Equally.

If you have specific questions about working with us, you can email me directly at cameron@destenieducation.com . Resumes are appreciated.

[desteni.co.za]

Several Desteni Universe followers in that tread, state that they are on the way to move to Houston, presumably to participate in the "ediucating" of children in the methods presented by Desteni Education.

Both Desteni members running Desteni Education have youtube videos wherein they refer to Bernard Poolman and his leadership. Both have followed other Desteni members and quit smoking, pledging their savings on the habit to Bernard --he seems to be in charge and these his minions getting a foothold in the United States.

Appears to be fairly alarming if they really get to some children after "manipulating" their parents--

Date: July 04, 2010 01:26PM

There are a number of "Destiny" related orgs in this list in Harris County (Houston Tx area)

Most are likely to be African-American and another thing, "Desteny" is a spelling of a common girl's name in that region. I point this out because Desteny is going after people who are seeking a leg up in education (see next link) and so they might be able to run their organizational material under the radar because it would appear to be an alternative spelling of a common word used by local people. Anyway, for anyone who is tracking a cult's development, this site looks like a good resource to have on hand.

[www.taxexemptworld.com]

But here is what Desteny (Poolman et al) IS doing in Houston:

[www.soldbymouse.com]

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

[www.houstonclassifieds.com]

[houston.craigslist.org]

This is a Houston member:
[equal-money-for-all.ning.com]

Another worker, University of Houston & "High Finance" (?):

This parent-child oriented Desteny video was placed in a channel that is coming up in Google Houston/Desteny searches and they are placing a lot of mathmatics & education-related videos there to prepare a path to their pilosohpy that avoids some of the other stuff:

[vodpod.com]

They are pushing this line in a kennedy-interest site that reaches down into conspiracy-interest, and it seems they are targeting that mindset somewhat, with the same video-education angle (scroll down in the list of Kennedy items and you will see it pretty far down where the posts start going off a little) (maybe they are looking for homeschoolers? compound-builders? the secret of the grassy knoll? Will the Portal start channelling poor drunk Teddy?) (sarcasm keeps me sane):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2010 01:28PM by dsm.

Posted by: Citizendc ()
Date: July 05, 2010 09:45PM

I remember when they introduced their SRA course and their pricing.
The member who posted the information said we where going to charge a little for the course but then decided against it and charged a lot.
This made no sense, and the high costs and its effectiveness of the course are in question. I replied pointing out this and no official answer was given, except for the usual excuses. Everyone must make money to survive...

Some even attacked me for being fearful of not having enough money. I found this particularly odd, I was rather concerned with the way they where doing things and their reasoning behind charging phenomenal prices for it, and I knew ppl are struggling and are now being told SRA is the only way, and that these people would be pretty much forced to pay for something believing it will save them or make them more effective, or give them a chance.
Especially since this SRA course has not been tested or challenged by the community.
This was another trap and another wakeup call for me.

The problem with making anything course cost an arm and leg is that there is always a good chance of folks who do spend the money will say it worked for them to justify the amount of money they invested.
Personally, if I created a course, and in these economic times and if I knew and could prove its effectiveness, I'd charge a little for it and make my sales on the vast number of people it can help and rely on people who found the course effective to share it with others by word of mouth. The way desteni are going about it is just like all the rest, make money fast, provide no proof that it works. Provide no third party scientific evidence of its effectiveness by having it tested by an independent third party. Provide no refunds. Provide no means to complain or be critical of the SRA course without being rejected or ignored by the community.

For now I think the best we can do is keep pointing out desteni's contradictions and their cult like tactics through this forum and through videos.
Videos are the way to go I think and this forum-topic provides good content for any video ideas.

Date: July 06, 2010 12:36AM

There may also be conflicts with the laws in Texas or USA regarding education and background, licensing, etc such as where the School District regulations are being ignored. It might be a good idea to alert the schools because there are legitimate teachers who have an interest in teaching those assistance couses on the side (teachers moonlighting during the summer months is a common thing, after all) and they might be willing to put some muscle into an investigation.

Desteni Education, Cameron Cope, Katie Conklin, Houston, Rocco López
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: July 06, 2010 12:54AM

dsm
There may also be conflicts with the laws in Texas or USA regarding education and background, licensing, etc such as where the School District regulations are being ignored. It might be a good idea to alert the schools because there are legitimate teachers who have an interest in teaching those assistance couses on the side (teachers moonlighting during the summer months is a common thing, after all) and they might be willing to put some muscle into an investigation.

Yes.

sbb and dsm: thanks for all the info on Desteni Education.

Here's a video of Cameron Cope of Desteni Education instilling Desteni propaganda in a nine year old:
"Children Belief we die without money"
[www.youtube.com]

Here are another two videos where he discusses experiences of working with children whilst under the suspicious influence of the Desteni "process":
"Vocabulary is the Key to Success pt 1"
[www.youtube.com]
"Vocabulary is the Key to Success pt 2"
[www.youtube.com]

And here's a slightly spooky video of a kid who looks like he's just been told to recite Desteni doctrine:
Desteni Children
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ThomDarc ()
Date: July 06, 2010 11:44AM

dsm

Cameron Cope is listed on Edufire and has made an introduction under the heading Education is my Passion (or rather Re-Education would be more appropriate):

[edufire.com]-

So far he doesn't seem to be doing much business on this site, but I guess that could change.

Date: July 06, 2010 12:39PM

That edufire site looks interesting. Maybe someone should sign up as a teacher of cult-discernment? **lol**

Not me, though. Someone more "senior".

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 09, 2010 04:27AM

To whom it may concern:

dsm has been banned from this message board.

Rick Ross
www.culteducation.com

Current Page: 37 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.