Current Page: 10 of 197
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: Emma C ()
Date: November 10, 2008 02:01AM

darren c
Someone didn't do there homework. Putting colored rice in a pan Isn't some secret ritual.

That is the authentic Tibetan Buddhist Mandala Offerings. The Diamond Way one is very different. Please read the PDF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dr. thomas ()
Date: November 10, 2008 09:35AM

Unfortunately I still can't seem to get it to download. Do you have to join/open an account to download? Or am I missing some step or another?

Posted by: valontin ()
Date: November 11, 2008 01:04AM

The version of Mandala offerings meditation given here by Emma C is fake.
Everyone who want can go and check.
There are more than 550 Diamondway Buddhist centers under the spiritual guidance of His Holiness the 17th Karmapa, Trinley Thaye Dorje, and directed by Lama Ole.

It is very good to receive instructions on the practice. Lama Ole gives such instructions.
There was 2 week long Ngondro course with Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche 2 months ago in Hungary, where about 500 (or more) people from all over the world received instructions for all Ngondro practices. Lama Ole was also there and in the evenings he gave lectures and respond to the questions about the practices.

I have the text of Mandala offerings, but in Bulgarian.
The price of the booklet in Bulgaria is about 1.5 Euro. Actually it is not obligatory to buy the text.
There are no additional expenses for practicing this meditation. :-)

Sorry for my imperfect language.
Best wishes for all.

Valentin
Bulgaria

Date: November 12, 2008 10:58PM

Simply repeating yet again the number of Diamond Way centres means nothing. Scientology also has hundreds of centres, as do many other cults. This means nothing.

I have no idea how much it costs in Bulgaria or anywhere else, but in the UK, the book costs £5.

By calling the book 'fake' you have proved my point about lying to members lower down and the public at large. Otherwise, prove it!

Posted by: darren c ()
Date: November 15, 2008 06:46AM

Let me get this straight, you’re comparing a science fiction writer’s book that started a cult. Against a lay-persons form of Buddhism that dates back over 1000 years ago started by MARPA.. I bought Lama Ole’s book on Ngondro in The United States of America for 12.95 on eBay because it was out of print and the seller sent a bundle of incense to go with the purchase .Your claim appears to me to be Bogus.

Date: November 16, 2008 02:10AM

Yes, some streams of Tibetan Buddhism started from Marpa. Diamond Way however was started by Ole Nydahl. Diamond Way is a cult and not authentic Buddhism.

eBay has some nice people on it, what does that prove? I'm sure L. Ron Hubbard's books are available on eBay too.

Posted by: valontin ()
Date: November 16, 2008 06:04AM

Some words from my personal experience for the last 10 years:

Diamondway is very democratic cult. Here one can ask all kind of questions and can get answers. One also can be as critical as want, one even can make jokes with oneself. :-)

This is kind of cult where the finances are transparent. Actually in our center we are collecting money because we have to pay rent and some expenses, but everybody decides how much he/she can give monthly, generally it is about 5-10 Euro. There are people who are not giving money, because they don’t have enough or because they don’t want. It is personal decision. There is no pressure.

Critical thinking is very important if someone wants to be a Buddhist.
In Lama Ole`s book “The way things are” he writes that the one of the main goals of the teacher is to make his students independent, compassionate and strong.

And also there practically is no hierarchy. There is much common sense. In Bulgaria the Karma Kagyu Diamondway Buddhism is legally registered according the law. The cult is open for everybody to check how bad we are.

In this cult most of the “members” are active part of the society - educated, independent, critical, strong working people.
Everybody is free to join, and everybody is free to leave, whenever he/she wants. It is free will.

There are many families where one partner is Buddhist and the other is Christian for example. And that is perfect. To become more is not a goal for DW cult. :-)

What I have been observing for the last 10 years is human growth, compassion, wisdom, joy, fearlessness and many more qualities.

Probably many of Ole`s students are greatly thankful to him, because of his activity and inspiration we can meet living teachings and train to became Bodhisattva in this life. Lama Ole is not an idol, he (and also the Buddha, HH Karmapa and all the Buddhist teachers) are mirrors. What I have been observing is that Ole is tirelessly working for all. Of course that is true for many, many other Buddhist teachers.
This is kind of cult where we see perfection in every sentient being, and actually we develop ourselves, because we want to be more beneficial for others. We bow to others.

Actually the main goal, the reason for existence of the diamondway buddhist cult is enlightenment for the benefit of others.

Best wishes and much love to all.

This is probably good to read: Four ways of the wise. HH Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche

For me Lama Ole is a Buddha. Because of him I met enlightened teachings, and can use them.
I am sure that many Buddhist students see their teachers the same way.
Nobody should believe me or somebody else. Everyone can check by himself. Or not check. Free choice.

Last remark.
Diamondway buddhist centers are part of the Karma Kagyu lineage of the Tibetan Buddhism.
Karma Kagyu is under the spiritual guidance of HH 17 th. Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje.

There is Karmapa controversy. Who wants can read more here.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 16, 2008 07:58AM

valontin:

You say that Diamond Way is a "very democratic cult" and "the finances are transparent."

How is that?

Is there a democratically elected board that is voted upon by the general membership and serves fixed terms per constitutional bylaws?

Please be very specific and explain this in detail.

A democratic government has a constitution, bylaws, elections and so on. Give us the details.

If "the finances are transparent" there should be an annual financial report that discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from group funds. Many such reports are independently audited.

Can you produce such a report so that the finances of Diamond Way can be seen transparently?

Posted by: darren c ()
Date: November 16, 2008 08:08AM

Why should anyone have to prove anything to you? You claim you were a member of the Diamondway for two years. What are your qualifications to say whether the Diamondway is an authentic form of Buddhism or not. Unless you sat underneath the tree with the Buddha when he found enlightenment and was told by him what is authentic Buddhism and what is not. Then I say again your claim is Bogus

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 16, 2008 08:57AM

daren c:

At this point you are just flaming, which is against the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Current Page: 10 of 197

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.