Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: May 11, 2012 04:06AM

At the moment Nydahl´s solicitors are very busy and aggressive. I got a mail from Google including a letter which asked Google to delete my posts. Not all of them but those which show the facts of Nydahl´s violence against me. I published it on my blog, but only in German:

[marte-micaela-riepe.blogspot.com]

What happened to me:

I wrote this lecture in 2008 under extremly bad conditions at the time, for example I did not recall me as the person I had been, a major damage, if not a total one of my short-term memory had entered, an experience of what many people have, who where most exposed to repeated traumatic stress. The ability to abstract thinking was severely restricted, most of what I wanted to say had to be written off the “Quellen” (sources) in order to be able to make sense of what I wanted to communicate.

The objective of the female sacrify was exactly that: to become a depersonalizsed zombie as a pure receptabel of the transferences I should represent, in my specific case the transferences of the Vajrayogini, due to this my Bodhisattva-name was “Highest Wisdom”. During an inauguration of the new opened buddhistic center in Berlin Ole Nydahl named me or better the empty shell I was “Dorje Phagmo” too, the Tibetan name of the Varayogini.

Today I know the state I was pushed in is the Bardo-state – its phenomena have not gone away until yet- which means one of the secret transferences of Naropa, I quote from Wikipedia: The praxis of the six Yogas implies, caused by its extremly powerful and energetic emanations, thus its specific development of effects and especially its far-reaching consequences, a very high degree of meditative ability and spiritual knowledge.

(I did not have that at all. I liked to meditate but was much too lazy for the Nöndro-practise and all the other excercises like mantra-counting and so on. Why should someone tantalise herselves that much?)

The experiment to perform wholly or partly the six Yogas of Naropa, without any suitable basics as well as instructions and support may be possible but hence there can emerge fatal complications as an irreversible damage of ones physical and psychic systems.”

Leaving aside that I am not a devotee of any secret teachings at all, it was irresponsible, inhumane and criminal for Ole Nydahl and the so called Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje to involve me into such a transference, without my consent.

As I said in other places: They abuse people, above all the women, as material for their own so called way of enlightenment.

Hit the road, Nydahl, you never come back!

And now they want me to stop talking about, to stop using Nydahl´s name in the context of violence, they want to protect Nydahl´s so called personality rights and they are often successful. I do my best to stop them, leastwise in my case.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Alexander Nevsky ()
Date: May 11, 2012 06:17AM

So Ole Nydahl’s personal right of reputation is threatened by Marthe Micaela Riepe’s blog.

There is an interesting definition of “reputation” on Wikipedia which says: “Reputation is known to be an ubiquitous, spontaneous and highly efficient mechanism of social control in natural societies.”

Posted by: suenam ()
Date: May 11, 2012 10:10AM

Alexander Nevsky
So Ole Nydahl’s personal right of reputation is threatened by Marthe Micaela Riepe’s blog.

There is an interesting definition of “reputation” on Wikipedia which says: “Reputation is known to be an ubiquitous, spontaneous and highly efficient mechanism of social control in natural societies.”

I'm not entirely sure what is meant here by "natural societies" in this context, but the page does make reference to the idea of identity and ego, which helps to explain why in Buddhism it is viewed as a worldly concern.

It is unsurprising that the Steve James quote, "I don’t need to promote my own importance, they are doing it for me," echoes similar samsaric preoccupations to Nydahl himself.

It's my experience that DWB members were the first to attempt to defame others using unsubstantiated gossip and that this attempt to create an "us and them" dualism is now reflecting badly on them, who have no one but themselves to blame for this. In fact I would go so far as to suggest that, given there is no proof of the "other" Karmapa's lack of integrity as yet, the whole Kagyu split and foundation of DWB is based upon nothing but conjecture and speculation about a possible future which has yet to materialise. (As a disclaimer I would add for me personally, taking either side in the "Karmapa controversy" would seem to be a totally un-Buddhist activity, and that doing so prior to any substantial proof would amount to nothing but acting upon fear and gossip).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2012 10:40AM by suenam.

Posted by: Misstyk ()
Date: May 11, 2012 11:48AM

It's nice to see that Karma-mudra is back, though it's sad to hear her story. I understand Ole's team has been threatening her with a libel lawsuit? I'm told by a lawyer who exposes abusive cults that if your posts are "factual", meaning they give time and date, location of incidents, names, and so forth, then it's not considered libel, because it's the truth. Even so, this is a very tricky matter, and often, as I think has been noted in this discussion, it's the person with the most money and the best lawyer who wins.

I've found a legal precedent for suing (and winning!) against abusive gurus. The case is documented here in the RickRoss archives, the case against Swami Rama, in which a jury awarded nearly 2 million dollars in damages to a woman who had been sexually assaulted and abused over a year or more by Swami Rama. The case was tried in 1997. Here are the charges against Swami Rama and his organization, the Himalayan Institute:

1, He abused his position of guru to obtain consent to sexual relations with the plaintiff
2. He breached his fiduciary duties inherent in his relationship between himself and the plaintiff
3. He intentionally inflicted emotional distress
4. He acted within the scope of his agency relationship with the Himalayan Institute when engaging in sexual relations with the plaintiff

The jury held both Swami Rama, as an individual, and the Himalayan Institute liable for compensatory and punitive damages in the case. The Himalayan Institute:

a) was negligent in allowing Swami Rama to be a sexual predator for years
b) its actions and inactions constituted the intentional infliction of emotional distress
c) had acted maliciously and with conscious disregard for the welfare of the plaintiff.
- - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So we can see here a good model for suing any lama/teacher/guru/spiritual master for abusing their authority in order to have sex with followers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For non-English -speakers: "Fiduciary duty" or "fiduciary trust" means that a priest or spiritual guide has a responsibility for the safety and well-being of followers while they are in the church/temple, etc. It means that the spiritual guide is legally responsible for preventing harm to the followers, they are in his care. So "breach of fiduciary duty" means that the spiritual leader has broken the bond of trust between priest and worshiper, abandoning his responsibility to the worshiper, and has acted against that responsibility. I think most countries have a law like this, probably Germany does.

If several victims of Ole could unite in bringing a lawsuit against him together, it would be a stronger case, though I think as long as victims have files from doctors or psychologists to document mental and emotional damage, anyone should be able to win such a case.

[www.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2012 11:49AM by Misstyk.

Date: May 11, 2012 04:43PM

Let’s explain what Personal Rights are.

Personal rights are the rights that a person has over their own body. Among personal rights are associated rights to protect and safeguard the body, most obviously protected by the torts of assault and battery. Furthermore, aspects of personality are protected, such as a person's reputation, by the tort of defamation, and legislation protecting the privacy of individuals.

[en.wikipedia.org]

So we have Marthe Micaela Riepe personal rights versus Ole Nydahl personal rights.

Which right is more important? The right of a victim of spiritual abuse to speak up and communicate openly about her experiences, to build up a database of similar cases and to raise social awareness or the right of an alleged perpetrator to maintain what we have called: “an ubiquitous, spontaneous and highly efficient mechanism of social control”.

United States has a federal law called Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989. I believe there are similar regulations in place in other countries. The act refers to whistleblowing in government agencies but … it can constitute grounds for similar precedences in different fields.

It is about freedom of speech, it is about raising social awareness (especially in areas that we know little about and abusers are running rampant); it is about a protection for a whistleblower.

Maybe we could help Micaela with a social action here and contact Google, insisting that they keep her blog open.

Who do you think we could contact in Google?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2012 04:44PM by Alexander Nevsky.

Posted by: SteveLpool ()
Date: May 11, 2012 07:14PM

I think that any future lawsuits against Nydahl or DWB in general whould benefit form solid documented evidence. By this I mean recordings of lectures by Nydahl, either audio or video. My access to the LiveStream was immediately cancelled when I was told to leave but it is possible to record these streaming events. Perhaps someone who still has access could record these talks and capture Nydahl making racist statements. It might also be possible to record lectures that you attend (unfortunately I doubt I would be allowed access to any events).

Photographic evidence of his involvement would be difficult to obtain and also often not an accurate depiction of events but if anyone can gather images which support our debate then these could also be very valuable.

Date: May 12, 2012 04:41AM

Hi everybody, I was quite busy today and researched the contention of Nydahl´s solicitor towards Google, that this article

[downthecrookedpath-meditation-gurus.blogspot.de]

on Josey´s blog has to be deleted as well as from Emma C.´s blog and from mine, because in a settlement between Nydahl and the Sonntagszeitung in Switzerland it was agreed they never would publish it again, neither in German or in English. I contacted the journalist and she told me she doesn´t think this is true because she puplished it in the archive and every journalist has acces to the article. She wants to talk to the solicitor who made the settlement for the newaspaper and she is going to inform me about the real arrangement.

Alexander, you are right, here

we have Marte Micaela Riepe´s personal rights versus Ole Nydahl´s personal rights.

Indeed. The solicitor tries to win for Nydahl in a easy way: He just affirms what I am writing about spiritual abuse and the following pain is UNTRUE. That´s all. So he is setting Google under pressure by threatening with legal actions. And Google puts the pressure on me. Is Nydahl not a holy man, isn´t he? First he pushed me in an unacceptable state for his pleasure and development and then he sicks his legal "dogs" on me. OK, honeybaby, here I am. We will see what is going to happen.

Your idea to phrase a letter and send it to Google is phantastic! Who ever wants to underwrite must know, you have to use your fully name. I am in contact with Google and would be able to send such a letter to them. Don´t be reserved to send a proposal and your name to kairos_@freenet.de. Of course it will be confidential!

Marte-Micaela Riepe

Date: May 12, 2012 07:22AM

Micaela can you post Google contact details on Rick Ross Forum?

If people want to contact Google directly in relation to your blog or two other blogs, how can they do that? Which web page or which e-mail address they should use?

Posted by: Sceptic Watcher ()
Date: May 12, 2012 07:26AM

karam-mudra, you report that the Bardo-state Nydahl pushed you to still effects you negatively today. Have you sought spiritual or psychotherapeutic help to deal with that?

Date: May 12, 2012 09:38PM

Sceptic Watcher,

the Bardo-state I was pushed in changed my life totally and there are a lot of symtoms left. So I think I have to deal with it until I am going to die. Now I have learnt to handle all phenomena, some of them are "friends", like the second personality structure, energy flows, the total quiteness in my head, the state of steady meditation and high awareness, which you hardly can sleep with. Trance-phenomena like automatical wrtiting, automatical body movement and so on are still part of my life. You have to now the state I am in does not allow me to hate Nydahl. In the opposite deep in my heart I forgave him. But my mission is to make practises like the one he experienced with me to get justiciable. That´s what I want. That´s what I fight for. In our western society should someone be sentenced who harms others in this way, like a normal predator.

For you may be that book of Lee Sanella interesting: The Kundalini Experience: Psychosis or Transcendence

He was a psychatrist who researched the symptoms of an opened Kundalini, which is quite the same as the Bardo-state.

Alexander, yes, it is a very good idea to contact Google direktly. For all of you, who want to support my freedom of speech about rituell and spirituell abuse, please write to:

Thank you so much!
Marte-Micaela Riepe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2012 02:13AM by rrmoderator.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.