Dave McKAY

Sherian (Cherry) McKAY

(One of DM's nieces and her husband)

Joe JOHNSON

Alf MONTAGU

Casey CROUCH

(Casey's parents)

Barry MENDEZ

(Barry's mother, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and two of his nephews)

Alan WRIGHT

Bob

(Bob’s Mother)

Rhinehardt ZOONER

Fran GONZALES

(Fran's mother and sister)

Kim GONZALES

(Both of Kim's parents, as well as her grandmother and aunt)

Jeremy KRONMILLER

Jayme KRONMILLER

(The twins' mother and stepfather)

Grace HILL-SPEED

Paul HENRY

Ulrike HENRY

Trevor BROWN

Jesse PAZOS

(Jesse's parents)

Ross PARRY

(Ross' mother)

Simon SMITH

42 passengers total.

NOTABLE NON ATTENDEES

Sue GIANSTEFANI

Roland GIANSTEFANI

Danny GIANSTEFANI

Robin DUNN

Christine DUNN nee McKAY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JESUS CHRISTIANS VISUAL ARCHIVE
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 24, 2011 07:07PM

FYI: I located another old US article. Ironically, from Dallas my hometown paper!

It details 20 JCs flying to the US to warn of the destruction of the USA in April/May 1990.

Note: the newspaper received a press release promoting the visit.

Twenty years on and the US is still there. Is Dave a false prophet?

ARTICLE FOLLOWS

Aussies say sinful U.S. is doomed
STEVE BLOW The Dallas Morning News
Published: May 2, 1990

The press release was a fill-in-the-blanks deal: "A group of Australian Christians will be visiting (the Dallas-Fort Worth area) on (Monday 30th April 1990) to warn the general public that the United States is going to be destroyed.' OK, I'm interested.
"Twenty members of a small Christian community based 100 miles north of Sydney, Australia, have flown to the U.S. at their own expense, to warn that Russia is planning a surprise military attack on the U.S. . . . ,' the release said.

These prophets of doom from Down Under would be in front of the library at the University of Texas at Arlington, the release said. As I walked across campus, I wondered how I would recognize them. And I wondered what to make of them.

My first question was answered quickly. They would be the ones dressed in white sweat shirts with an upside-down American flag on the front. Eight clean-cut young people, all thrusting pamphlets at passing students.

The back of their shirts said, "What Goes Up -- Must Come Down!' Religion or foolishness

My second concern -- how to regard this scene -- was not so easily answered. You know, it's a murky thing, that boundary where religion turns into something else -- into foolishness, or lunacy, or deceit.

Gary McKay, 21, paused in his pamphleteering to talk. "We feel God is angrier about sin in America because it is largely a professing Christian nation,' he said.
"But Christianity here has really become a big money game. You've just got to turn your television on to see that,' he said.

So, he said, God will show his anger "very shortly' by destroying America through nuclear holocaust. It's all there in the Bible, he said.

How, I wondered, are we to regard people who make such claims in the name of God? Laugh them off? Dig a bomb shelter?

Maybe you saw a story a few weeks ago about a Ph.D. scientist at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He sent a notice to the media saying that Christ has returned, that he is a middle-aged man living among poor Pakistanis in South London.
The medical school reprimanded the scientist. Not for his religious beliefs, of course, but for sending his release out on a school letterhead.

In our culture, we give people a lot of latitude for far-out religious ideas. And we should. Greedy Christians

So I have wrestled with some conflicting feelings in writing recently about Dallas-based TV evangelist Robert Tilton. The Australians say we're a nation of lousy, money-grubbing Christians, and I just shrug. So why should I be so offended by the Rev. Tilton? He merely teaches that God will give us anything we want if we just send along a big, fat offering as evidence of our faith.

I posed the question to Michael Horton. He's an Episcopal priest in California and editor of The Agony of Deceit, a much-discussed new book challenging the theology of many popular television evangelists.

Father Horton said he, too, sometimes ponders where to draw the line between wacky and heresy. He draws it on the basis of danger, he said.

"Kooky ideas may set the Christian cause back, but they don't have a disastrous effect on the masses,' he said.”With someone like Robert Tilton, you become a lot more concerned because he is involved in an incredible money-making operation.

"Someone like Tilton is so perverted in his view of Christ and salvation and God that I don't think anybody who takes the Bible seriously could consider him a Christian.'

Father Horton said that because of our religious tolerance, Christians are more offended by financial wrongdoing than by theological affronts. "If Tilton had an air-conditioned doghouse (as did Jim and Tammy Bakker), he would lose half his followers. But if he teaches that Jesus Christ is a genie who exists for no serious reason at all except to satisfy your materialistic desires, then he's off-limits to criticism.'

But Father Horton said he is no longer bashful with his criticism, particularly when it comes to the Rev. Tilton. "He's got to be the most crass materialist of all the people on television.'

It makes you wonder if the Aussies might be right.

Copyright 1992 The Dallas Morning News Company

Date: January 26, 2011 07:26PM

DAVID HAS A FIT AND THEN TURNS TO STONE--NOW AT OVER 200,000 HITS!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 27, 2011 06:45AM

zeuszor
http://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?12,10965,48934#msg-48934

October 17, 2007 12:41PM

"You're like a kid who has had too much red cordial ( pity not the Jim Jones kind)."

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

Ol' Glenn has tried to goad me into committing suicide before, too. His comment is even still there, on the JC forum. Dave never did remove it. There's Glenn, encouraging me to kill myself.

And you want to believe the worst about ME, as if I were Dave himself?

This stuff Dave is coming up with bothers you much, much more than it does me, Susan. I have learned to ignore him. I encourage you to do the same.

Date: January 28, 2011 03:16AM

BERG AND MCKAY

[www.youtube.com]

The opening on Berg's history quotes Berg as writing, " I will never forget that I was taught how to masturbate by an older boy who whispered it in my ear during one of my Father's Sunday morning sermons".

The narrator than says: " Later David's mother catches him masturbating and she forces him to complete the deed in front of his Father. This is the beginning of what will be the central conflict in Berg's life..."

Interesting, given DM's fascination with the subject. He mirrors Berg in so many ways. The parallels are obvious and many.

Hap Wotilla, an ex-COG member who was an early member of that group, was and close to MO and was in COG leadership, on David Berg:

"I think he believed whatever he felt, whatever he thought, whatever his inclination was, that that was God. Even if he was drunk at the time, that that was the Lord. "Well, I did it, so it must be the Lord!" I don't think he left the door open to the fact that the Devil could be speaking to him and leading him into any of these areas at all."

So acute a description. This pretty much sums up the way I view DM: in his extreme narcissism, DM has conflated his mind and thoughts with God's mind and thoughts. Therefore he can do no wrong, and all who oppose him really oppose God. Obviously a dangerous position to be in.

Date: January 29, 2011 07:42AM

I wouldn't consider tackling McKay in a cyber-debate any more, as it's a waste of time and in fact could be quite counter-productive.

I wouldn't discuss anything at all with him, or any of his people, except face-to-face in real time with a tape recorder running and the real prospect of a prosecution as the expected outcome.

It's just that like a positive result when I expend the effort.

Anybody other than a trained professional would be better off not trying to have any kind of dialog with McKay at all.

He'll just make mincemeat out of your mind, will pull out every Dark Side mind trick in the book in order to gaslight you into submission, and will eventually leave you feeling like this poor fellow:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2011 07:48AM by zeuszor.

Date: January 30, 2011 10:18AM

ALMOST 300,000 HITS:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: February 01, 2011 07:20AM

Here is a three part freegan documentary featuring three JCs.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 01, 2011 11:36AM

Some of the posters on the board have requested summaries of information, so that people don't have to wade through hundreds of pages looking for the information they need. This is an amended summary of the names believed to have been used or given to Dave McKay over the years., which viewers could copy and paste.

Several board members have contributed to it. If anyone has further names, information or spot errors, I am happy to amend it.

POSITIONING STATEMENT:

"A live-by-faith, work-for-God-not-money Christian community. We distribute Bible-based comics and other tracts, and do free (voluntary) work. Against hypocrisy and self-righteousness in the church. In favour of honesty, humility and love."

CURRENT NAME:

Unknown.

The cult was said to have been disbanded on the 3 November 2010, according to a blog owned by a Jesus Christians' Forum member.

However, there has been no official confirmation by the cult as of this date.

There has been a range of speculation regarding the disbanding. This included the possibility, that it was used as a security measure for a member known to be contemplating a Kidney donation or because an elderly member is suffering from cancer. These appears to be rumours and are subject to confirmation.

FORMER / OTHER NAMES AND BRANDS:

Jesus Christians:

The most recent name, Jesus Christians was adopted in August 1986 to avoid the confusion that the more generic, “Christians” often caused.

Christians or The Christians:

Christians or The Christians is the name/s they used prior to becoming,Jesus Christians.

God’s children:

Name used on literature handed out at the Christian Youth Convention meeting in Sydney (without permission) in 1996.

Voices in the Wilderness:

Voices in the Wilderness was the name that they adopted when they conducted their Prophets of Doom campaign in Rockhampton, Queensland in June 1989.

This stunt resulted in the arrest of seven members, who spent 23 days in jail.

Prophets of Doom:

See comments above.

Nappy Chappies:

The term Nappy Chappies was as a result of a campaign in 1986 and again in 1987, where members dressed in Nappies stood outside the Sydney Royal Show to distribute religious leaflets called, baby books. This promotional stunt also resulted in arrests.

children of God (note small c):

In the baby books handed out they referred to their group as, the children of God, (with a small c) saying they were a remnant of the Children of God.

Medowie Christian Volunteers:

The term Medowie Christian Volunteers was as a result of the group residing in, MEDOWIE in NEW SOUTH WALES in 1988 -1990 and offering to undertake free work in the community.

Nullabor Walkers:

From the 1985 Nullabor walk:

Rappville Christians:

The term Rappville Christians came about in July 1982 when the Community lived at a disused general store at: 7 Nandabah Street, RAPPVILLE NSW 2470.

Rappville is not far from Lismore in New South Wales.

The McKays:

The name was used in a tract entitled, “You can quit your job forever”.

Dave and Sharon McKay and the ‘church’ which is in our house:

Letters were signed with this closing in 1982. Note: Sherian (aka Cherry) McKAY was allegedly calling herself, Sharon at the time.

McKay Family:

The term was used on Christmas card like tracts entitled, “Happy Holidays” distributed in Fremantle, Western Australia by the group in December 1981/January 1982.

EARLIER NAMES:

Earlier names have not yet become publicly apparent.

Dave McKAY was said to have formed his own (COG?) colony (after officially?) leaving the Children of God as a member and residing in Broken Hill. There is evidence that a group calling itself, the Children of God (also?) operated in Broken Hill. This evidence includes full page advertisements that appeared in the Broken Hill Regional Advertiser in 1976 ( available on the Rick Ross visual archive) and information provided by several local sources that were present in Broken Hill at the time.

MISCELLANEOUS NAMES AND / OR DESCRIPTIONS:

The Australians:

Name found on their International Communities advertisement.

Followers of the Lamb:

Name mentioned on Spotlight Ministries Inc website.

Gandhians:

Name they were apparently called whilst they were in India in 1984.

BRANDING:

Godstuff Comix:

Branding on the comics they distributed.

BUSINESS STRUCTURE:

Australian Business Number:

The Jesus Christians have an Australian Business Number: 78 622 540 509. This is a number for business dealings with the Australian Tax Office and in future, with government agencies at all levels.

An ABN is needed to register for GST and other elements of the Australian tax system

The Jesus Christians ABN was registered on the 8 September 2000.

Date: February 01, 2011 11:42AM

ALTRUISTIC LIVING UNRELATED ORGAN DONATION AT THE CROSSROADS OF ETHICS AND RELIGION. A CASE STUDY

Abstract: This article discusses a series of ethical and religious elements that occur in the debate concerning altruistic living unrelated organ donation. Our main focus is on the ethical attitude of altruist donation. In order to illustrate the connections between ethics and religion we use as a case study the group of the so-called "Jesus Christians". It is evident that this group, as a case study, is more important for the ethical and religious issues than for the medical issues related to organ donation and transplantation. However, it suggests the potential that, in certain cultural contexts, ethics and religion may have in promoting the idea of altruist donation.

[www.highbeam.com]

Current Page: 21 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.