Current Page: 18 of 39
Re: JESUS CHRISTIANS VISUAL ARCHIVE
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 18, 2010 08:22PM

Thanks for that, Zeuszor, that is a great reference, and your research and analysis is much appreciated.

I hope others find this as commendable as I do.

I think, for what it's worth, that your strength lies in assembling facts such as these, rather than in interacting with various folks who appear on the forum. I understand your frustrations with those who don't see things the way you do, but I appreciate the value of your meticulous research.

I did see the video where you talked about having Asperger's Syndrome, and I have looked into it a little. My comments are based on what I understand of this condition.

Quite a few posters have taken exception to you of late, and I understand why both from their point and yours. You see things in black and white, and don't do the empathy thing very well. I understand that, but see the problems it causes you too. That's why I sometimes take a back seat.

Best wishes to you, Zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 18, 2010 08:59PM

Thanks, Blackhat. No, it's not that I lack empathy. If I lacked empathy, then I would not find what DM does to people to be so despicable. It's more like I speak a different emotional language than you NTs, if that makes sense to you. Anyway, my character/neurological profile has nothing to do with it.

Date: November 19, 2010 06:40AM

zeuszor
Some of the posters on the board have requested summaries of information, so that people don't have to wade through hundreds of pages looking for the information they need. This is an amended summary of the names believed to have been used or given to Dave McKay over the years., which viewers could copy and paste.

Several board members have contributed to it. If anyone has further names, information or spot errors, I am happy to amend it.

POSITIONING STATEMENT:

"A live-by-faith, work-for-God-not-money Christian community. We distribute Bible-based comics and other tracts, and do free (voluntary) work. Against hypocrisy and self-righteousness in the church. In favour of honesty, humility and love."

CURRENT NAME:

Unknown.

The cult was said to have been disbanded on the 3 November 2010, according to a blog owned by a Jesus Christians' Forum member.

However, there has been no official confirmation by the cult as of this date.

There has been a range of speculation regarding the disbanding. This included the possibility, that it was used as a security measure for a member known to be contemplating a Kidney donation or because an elderly member is suffering from cancer. These appears to be rumours and are subject to confirmation.

FORMER / OTHER NAMES AND BRANDS:

Jesus Christians:

The most recent name, Jesus Christians was adopted in August 1986 to avoid the confusion that the more generic, “Christians” often caused.

Christians or The Christians:

Christians or The Christians is the name/s they used prior to becoming,Jesus Christians.

God’s children:

Name used on literature handed out at the Christian Youth Convention meeting in Sydney (without permission) in 1996.

Voices in the Wilderness:

Voices in the Wilderness was the name that they adopted when they conducted their Prophets of Doom campaign in Rockhampton, Queensland in June 1989.

This stunt resulted in the arrest of seven members, who spent 23 days in jail.

Prophets of Doom:

See comments above.

Nappy Chappies:

The term Nappy Chappies was as a result of a campaign in 1986 and again in 1987, where members dressed in Nappies stood outside the Sydney Royal Show to distribute religious leaflets called, baby books. This promotional stunt also resulted in arrests.

children of God (note small c):

In the baby books handed out they referred to their group as, the children of God, (with a small c) saying they were a remnant of the Children of God.

Medowie Christian Volunteers:

The term Medowie Christian Volunteers was as a result of the group residing in, MEDOWIE in NEW SOUTH WALES in 1988 -1990 and offering to undertake free work in the community.

Nullabor Walkers:

From the 1985 Nullabor walk:

Rappville Christians:

The term Rappville Christians came about in July 1982 when the Community lived at a disused general store at: 7 Nandabah Street, RAPPVILLE NSW 2470.

Rappville is not far from Lismore in New South Wales.

The McKays:

The name was used in a tract entitled, “You can quit your job forever”.

Dave and Sharon McKay and the ‘church’ which is in our house:

Letters were signed with this closing in 1982. Note: Sherian (aka Cherry) McKAY was allegedly calling herself, Sharon at the time.

McKay Family:

The term was used on Christmas card like tracts entitled, “Happy Holidays” distributed in Fremantle, Western Australia by the group in December 1981/January 1982.

EARLIER NAMES:

Earlier names have not yet become publicly apparent.

Dave McKAY was said to have formed his own (COG?) colony (after officially?) leaving the Children of God as a member and residing in Broken Hill. There is evidence that a group calling itself, the Children of God (also?) operated in Broken Hill. This evidence includes full page advertisements that appeared in the Broken Hill Regional Advertiser in 1976 ( available on the Rick Ross visual archive) and information provided by several local sources that were present in Broken Hill at the time.

MISCELLANEOUS NAMES AND / OR DESCRIPTIONS:

The Australians:

Name found on their International Communities advertisement.

Followers of the Lamb:

Name mentioned on Spotlight Ministries Inc website.

Gandhians:

Name they were apparently called whilst they were in India in 1984.

BRANDING:

Godstuff Comix:

Branding on the comics they distributed.

BUSINESS STRUCTURE:

Australian Business Number:

The Jesus Christians have an Australian Business Number: 78 622 540 509. This is a number for business dealings with the Australian Tax Office and in future, with government agencies at all levels.

An ABN is needed to register for GST and other elements of the Australian tax system

The Jesus Christians ABN was registered on the 8 September 2000.

Date: November 20, 2010 09:26PM

bump

Date: November 21, 2010 12:23AM

IN MEMORIAM, PLEASE WATCH:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 21, 2010 06:37AM

Date: November 27, 2010 11:16PM

zeuszor
Some of the posters on the board have requested summaries of information, so that people don't have to wade through hundreds of pages looking for the information they need. This is an amended summary of the names believed to have been used or given to Dave McKay over the years., which viewers could copy and paste.

Several board members have contributed to it. If anyone has further names, information or spot errors, I am happy to amend it.

POSITIONING STATEMENT:

"A live-by-faith, work-for-God-not-money Christian community. We distribute Bible-based comics and other tracts, and do free (voluntary) work. Against hypocrisy and self-righteousness in the church. In favour of honesty, humility and love."

CURRENT NAME:

Unknown.

The cult was said to have been disbanded on the 3 November 2010, according to a blog owned by a Jesus Christians' Forum member.

However, there has been no official confirmation by the cult as of this date.

There has been a range of speculation regarding the disbanding. This included the possibility, that it was used as a security measure for a member known to be contemplating a Kidney donation or because an elderly member is suffering from cancer. These appears to be rumours and are subject to confirmation.

FORMER / OTHER NAMES AND BRANDS:

Jesus Christians:

The most recent name, Jesus Christians was adopted in August 1986 to avoid the confusion that the more generic, “Christians” often caused.

Christians or The Christians:

Christians or The Christians is the name/s they used prior to becoming,Jesus Christians.

God’s children:

Name used on literature handed out at the Christian Youth Convention meeting in Sydney (without permission) in 1996.

Voices in the Wilderness:

Voices in the Wilderness was the name that they adopted when they conducted their Prophets of Doom campaign in Rockhampton, Queensland in June 1989.

This stunt resulted in the arrest of seven members, who spent 23 days in jail.

Prophets of Doom:

See comments above.

Nappy Chappies:

The term Nappy Chappies was as a result of a campaign in 1986 and again in 1987, where members dressed in Nappies stood outside the Sydney Royal Show to distribute religious leaflets called, baby books. This promotional stunt also resulted in arrests.

children of God (note small c):

In the baby books handed out they referred to their group as, the children of God, (with a small c) saying they were a remnant of the Children of God.

Medowie Christian Volunteers:

The term Medowie Christian Volunteers was as a result of the group residing in, MEDOWIE in NEW SOUTH WALES in 1988 -1990 and offering to undertake free work in the community.

Nullabor Walkers:

From the 1985 Nullabor walk:

Rappville Christians:

The term Rappville Christians came about in July 1982 when the Community lived at a disused general store at: 7 Nandabah Street, RAPPVILLE NSW 2470.

Rappville is not far from Lismore in New South Wales.

The McKays:

The name was used in a tract entitled, “You can quit your job forever”.

Dave and Sharon McKay and the ‘church’ which is in our house:

Letters were signed with this closing in 1982. Note: Sherian (aka Cherry) McKAY was allegedly calling herself, Sharon at the time.

McKay Family:

The term was used on Christmas card like tracts entitled, “Happy Holidays” distributed in Fremantle, Western Australia by the group in December 1981/January 1982.

EARLIER NAMES:

Earlier names have not yet become publicly apparent.

Dave McKAY was said to have formed his own (COG?) colony (after officially?) leaving the Children of God as a member and residing in Broken Hill. There is evidence that a group calling itself, the Children of God (also?) operated in Broken Hill. This evidence includes full page advertisements that appeared in the Broken Hill Regional Advertiser in 1976 ( available on the Rick Ross visual archive) and information provided by several local sources that were present in Broken Hill at the time.

MISCELLANEOUS NAMES AND / OR DESCRIPTIONS:

The Australians:

Name found on their International Communities advertisement.

Followers of the Lamb:

Name mentioned on Spotlight Ministries Inc website.

Gandhians:

Name they were apparently called whilst they were in India in 1984.

BRANDING:

Godstuff Comix:

Branding on the comics they distributed.

BUSINESS STRUCTURE:

Australian Business Number:

The Jesus Christians have an Australian Business Number: 78 622 540 509. This is a number for business dealings with the Australian Tax Office and in future, with government agencies at all levels.

An ABN is needed to register for GST and other elements of the Australian tax system

The Jesus Christians ABN was registered on the 8 September 2000.

bump

Date: December 02, 2010 08:01PM

zeuszor
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 07, 2010 12:40AM

zeuszor
This is why I do what I do here. Just a reminder.

[www.youtube.com]

Bump*

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 12, 2010 07:13PM

zeuszor
OVER 11,000 HITS

[www.youtube.com]

BUMP*

Current Page: 18 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.