Current Page: 13 of 25
Miracle of Love
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: January 25, 2005 03:36AM

Had the sheriff deputy over again yesterday. There's already a history of a different cult problem in my neighborhood, was publicized in the press a few years ago.

My attorney suggested installing a hidden surveillance camera at my house. Am going to a higher level of security clearance for incoming calls at home. oi!

One of my children recently moved back home. In the morning "Mom, what ARE those calls that come in all night?" Of course, I tell them.

All this for being honest!

Options: ReplyQuote
Miracle of Love
Posted by: momster1228 ()
Date: January 25, 2005 06:13AM

Hi, all,
I haven't posted recently; it was time for me to move on. But, when I read about Toni's situation, I had to comment.

I began my research into MOL in August '04 with a simple posting here and on FactNet: "Has anyone ever heard of MOL?" The info I received afterward was greatly helpful to me (and thus to my family), and seemed to open a channel needed by others, judged by the number of subsequent postings and visits here. Ultimately, a support group was formed that also helped many people and their families. It is evident to me that there is a need for the exchange of info re MOL.

Very sorry to read about Toni's continued and now escalating harrassment by MOL. Why pick on her? The Internet was created in large part for the very purpose of allowing people to communicate, express opposing views, etc. I agree w/ comments of some of the prior posters:

** if MOL has nothing to be concerned about, why not communicate humanely and civilly w/ you (Toni), why reduce itself to such crude forms of harrassment? **

I greatly admire Toni's courage, tenacity, love, gentleness and expertise; little did she know that when she responded so kindly to MY initial inquiry, she would be subject to such behavior: she was simply trying to help me and my son in a frightening and urgent time for us. I continued to research MOL over several months: It is real, folks! Perhaps some people truly benefit from it; happy for them. However, in many, many areas of MOL's operation, activities appear to be unethical, lewd and lacivious, possibly illegal (so many non profits and corporations with almost identical names; makes Enron look like Biz school 101) .

Let me be clear: it's not that Toni is simply a 'jilted lover.' NO: MOL is real, and is IMHO REAL bad. It should not be taken lightly.

If Toni was the only one who responded to my initial inquiry re MOL with disturbing info, I might feel differently. But, there have been too many postings from too many people with specific information. I am aware of multiple investigations into MOL, as well as significant dissent among its members. It almost seems it's ready to implode (and I feel sorry for some MOL'rs who no longer can make an independent decision, who are used to Kalindi and her minions telling them what to wear, eat, talk, how to have sex, with whom, etc.: now what do they do besides cult-hop?)

I found a significant amount of information via public records. Time consuming, but fruitful. I suggest it heartily.

The stupid thing is, I evidently started this MOL snowball, posted several times here and elsewhere, moderated the support group, etc. And, Toni's the one getting harrassed. Why pick on her?

Anyway, my point is, . . well, . .. I'm speechless about MOL's actions. Yet again. They retaliate against someone posting via Internet, for which these forums are designed, in a way, they retaliate against the wrong person (I started this mess), and well, . . .what's the *(&#(*&$ point anyway?? If they are confident in the success and legitimacy of their dealings, why bother with small potates? (sorry, Toni about being 'small potatoes . . )

Itty bitty specks on the radar screen of the big, powerful MOL. It smells susciously like the wizard behind the curtain in Wizard of Oz -- just a little ol' scared, manipulative man/woman.

Toni, my best wishes for your protection and security. Again, I admire you, and thank you from my heart-of-hearts. You helped me and my family remain intact, healthy and loving. It's a huge gift you've given and at great sacrifice. May MOL take a flying *(&(*&(.

Love,
Momster

Miracle of Love
Posted by: lilygirl ()
Date: January 25, 2005 07:29AM

Boy, have I been inundated with email today concerning the tenents of The Family and their oh-so-sad similarities to those of our favorite cult, Miracle of Love! I've been busy on a writing assignment so haven't checked in, but felt compelled to contribute to this, one of my favorite reference sites to all things cult as well as specifically MOL info.

For anyone who hasn't been reading the paper lately, recently there was a tragic murder/suicide committed by a former member/child of The Family, a group which I've heard MOL compared to many times.

While at first glance this seems an extreme case that may not warrant comparision to MOL, when you take a look at the methods used by the Family, you can't help but recognize our dear friend Kalindi's methods. The leader is now a woman, the widow of the former leader... Women married to God, women married to and bearing children of "G," aka Gourasana. Using sex and attractive women to lure new members. Group sex/confessionals/ emotional purging, encouraging multiple sex partners, double marriages and the like, claiming that no actions are "wrong" with regard to immoral and promiscuous behavior, destroying and hiding incriminating documents (or in MOL's case, making participants sign numerous agreements not to reveal MOL activities, documents and practices to outsiders), worldwide membership, communal houses, the youths are called the 2nd Generation and they are encouraged to "explore their sexuality" and are routinely exposed to sexual situations as well as being sexually abused. While there are no allogations regarding sexually abusing minors in MOL, I have read many quotes from ex members regarding nudity and sexual activities being present with children around and there are rumored sexual activities in the MOL youth house or intensive I can't remember which.

The troubling aspect is, it takes a desperate act, like sexual assault on a minor or a murder or a suicide before folks get really active in investigating groups like MOL. I read an article from the Cultic Studies Journal about "Bounded Choice" and the Heaven's Gate Cult and as "out there" as that cult was, there were more similarities than differences to MOL. Some of their rhetoric was, almost word for word, the same as Kalindi's. I have many ex MOL and other cult members I'm interviewing for a book telling the same sad story as Toni, with regard to stalker-type behaviors, phone harassment, spreading viscious gossip about a person leaving or a family member investigating a particular cult. I've had three women WITHIN A WEEK tell me about attempted blackmail from cults they've left. It seems Kalindi's stolen that little journal-keeping strategy (like most of her other BS) from other cults as a very successful tool both for manipulating folks entering the group and participating in intensives and in using the secret, painful personal experiences as blackmail and intimidation.

We need to all get a clue and realize that information about MOL and every other manipulative, destructive cult needs to be spread as much as possible. People do not realize how prevelant cults are and when they know their loved one is in a cult that SEEMS so high-functioning, they sometimes underestimate the danger that the group presents. The leaders of MOL and other cults are animals, they are mentally ill, they are narcissistic, they are abusers, and they are EVIL! And we need to begin guarding children against cult parents. Cult parents are, for whatever reasons and however victimized, INCAPABLE of being appropriate role models and implementors of good judgement for children.

For those of you who have sent me private posts requesting info, please be patient. I'm putting together several resources to add to this excellent site.

May we all be PROTECTED, EMPOWERED and MOTIVATED to see these groups exposed to the world for what they REALLY are.

Miracle of Love
Posted by: momster1228 ()
Date: January 26, 2005 12:05PM

Thank you Lilygirl -- good info, and very important. I agree -- exposing these groups is vital to making a difference and "paying it forward." Many of the people in MOL want to leave, but as you've noted, are terrified; and, Toni isn't even / wasn't even in the group! But, I think that people wanting out need help from those on the 'outside.' I know some former MOL'rs were concerned about getting in trouble for their actions while in the group; however, info can be given anonymously. I'm glad that some people have contacted you; I hope others feel similarly empowered and outraged.

Like slime under a rock, the exposure of daylight helps destroy the 'illusion' (nice play on words, 'eh?). If not for all, maybe just for a few -- it's worth it. Here's to the light of day

Momster

Miracle of Love
Posted by: Jimmy2times ()
Date: January 28, 2005 07:38AM

Don't know if anyone saw but ABC's Primetime is running a segment on Children of God tonight at 10:00.

Miracle of Love
Date: February 02, 2005 12:32PM

Hi all,

I completely forgot to fill you in last week on something. The MOL conference call from the other Monday. As many of you are aware, MOLers regularly receive "instructions" from her royal Kalindiness...part of these instructions include something you all should be aware of.

A huge trigger for a dangerous cult is the monochromatic or specific wardrobe instructions. Will post or download exerpts from the article "Bounded Choice" which explains what happened in the Heaven's Gate cult and that was a huge red flag there as well....scary thing is, there are often word-for-word phrases and instructions that are identical with Heaven's Gate and MOL. Hopefully it's more like "borrowed nonsense" than true insanity....Who knows...Here's the scoop in a nutshell, with parts missing, I'm sure:

CALL:
The strength of Kalindi’s power was increased to maximum force. Meanwhile, the 'calming period' continues. Everyone is instructed to meditate twice per day without fail. I assume everyone's still being instructed to keep a low profile...(Lily's musing-because the "heat is on" and they want members to APPEAR more "normal" to nosey outsiders?)

To further break with the “Illusion” members are adviced to dress monochromatically, with whatever color is “accurate” for the member to express their “divine self” and accents of black or white. After all, they need God Conscience clothes to go with their God Conscience coat hangers and God Conscience closets and drawers! J Ha Ha.Can’t wait to see what’s going on in the biggie event of March.

So, if your friends or loved ones are still trapped in MOL, you might want to look for those little signs. It's so sad. She give out just enough little crumbs to give members something to do and follow.

Let's remember, also, the importance of micro-managing members' lives to ensure control and debilitate decision-making abilities.

I have so much more, but am working on another project deadline. Will post some great articles and feedback from therapists (real ones-not MOLers) soon.

Love and Blessings and Protection for us all, including those "trapped."

Miracle of Love
Posted by: Dervish ()
Date: February 02, 2005 09:15PM

Let's remember, also, the importance of micro-managing members' lives to ensure control and debilitate decision-making abilities.

Reminds me of SIF.

Miracle of Love
Date: February 02, 2005 11:03PM

Hi Dervish,

What's SIF?

I know folks whose MOLers are saying "I'm not that involved" with MOL and then will turn around to other friends or family members and rave about how great it is and still try to recruit. The attempt at cover up is far more insidious than outright craziness. It's so hard when they're so good at covering up! Like those instructions from Kalinidi to take down alters, meditate SILENTLY, remain calm, "scream into a towel if you must" and "don't disturb your neighbors." Do you all know what I mean? Have I mentioned this? Why should you have to disguise something if it's alright to begin with?

Again, do they know the heat is on?

Best, Lil

Miracle of Love
Posted by: solway ()
Date: February 03, 2005 01:29AM

The micro managing includes list making in a general sense, the day to day list of things to do spiritually and physically. (monochromatic clothing, etc.) After time, continuing to escalate as an hour by hour list. Eventually depending on your level and depth of involvement breaking your life down to even smaller and smaller increments of time until you are totally involved in the "work" of breaking free from the illusion. People who are at that level are meditating for hours at a time, taking guidance continually and obviously living a more secluded lifestyle absorbed only in the teachings and guidance.

Miracle of Love
Posted by: solway ()
Date: February 09, 2005 06:35AM

IMHO, I believe, and my observation has been that MOL hones in on a persons tendencies, fantasies, education and profession and exploits those. Basically, it finds the gifts of the person and gives the person extra attention focusing in on those areas and affirms them through "love bombing." The person feels in reality what is a false sense of safety, nurturing, a sense of accomplishment and control over their lives. For example, perhaps you weren't the most successful in your field, or you were made to feel that you weren't the most successful. MOL will make sure that you feel so very special, by singling out the member, secretly taking special care to nurture the member, the member then feels" chosen". (because the are) They are made to feel so very needed. MOL reinforces what they need to feel good about themselves. For example, let us say that a member was highly educated, but had excessive compulsive tendencies regarding being overly precise and organized. I know that MOL in general stresses "accuracy" in all things. MOL, pulling him secretly aside, making him feel special, honored, and chosen while honing in on his professional and educational background, feeding the overly precise and organized tendencies and created a "team" of people (other MOL'rs) to bring to fruition this incredible vision of business. His gifts in business, his educational and professional background, and his OCD tendencies were then turned into a vision "accurate" for him in serving God. All of this of course is his volunteered time, knowledge, and expertise. He feels good, MOL feels good and reaps the financial benefits, and it is all for god, the god experience and anticipation of god's further guidance. In turn he becomes part of a "team" for other new members, a "support" as they grow in their service to god. IMHO, if one is naturally extremely detailed, that is encouraged as their personal way to break free. If someone else is very involved with children, that person is encouraged to take care of the children in the group. Someone else has a large sexual appetite, that person is provided ample opportunity to use that as their path toward god. Someone else is practically asexual, likes to cook and clean, that person might be the one to take care of organizing the MOL houses. Not every members exposure to MOL is as a sex cult. Those who have or lean towards sexual addiction will find validation for acting out in MOL. Whatever is "accurate" for them. Anything goes. The members feel they finally have a place where they can be fully themselves, and playout their personal excesses whatever they may be. It is a feeding frenzy keeping them in bondage to themselves and the group, never breaking free from anything. If others would like to comment or add I would appreciate it.

Current Page: 13 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.