Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: June 01, 2008 06:31AM

Chris_Farmer

I would like to offer my apologies to Chris Farmer. I am sorry - it was careless of me to drag your name into this forum. I accept that you are a freelance web developer hired in by the owners of tibetanway – and a very decent one at that. I will take more care when posting people’s names in future.

Perhaps, having read through this forum you might understand why there should be such a flurry of activity around tibetanway, given that the products on sale were originally ascribed to Christopher Hansard. If your clients are, as Hansard states on his website, former associates of his it seems unfortunate that they have seen fit to leave you to deal with a mess which they, not you, should have anticipated.

I wish you well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dr. thomas ()
Date: June 01, 2008 07:01AM

The health formulas mentioned on the Tibetan Way web-site are the same as those developed for sale by Hansard. The formulas themselves were created mainly by Terry Willard, a herbalist from Canada. The ones for sale at Tibetan Way do not seem to be any different, though there are some missing contents in comparison to the original line. The packaging in respect to meditations and exercises and length of program is identical. Funding for the project was provided by then investment banker, Christopher Walls. When Eden collapsed production and sale of the product line largely collapsed also, although there was a lot of product left over. It is also not clear who ended up with legal control over the product, if anyone. Therefore, current sales must be coming from Hansard, Walls, Willard, Wright, Stokes, or Hansard's ex. They were the ones close enough to the production to now re-create it.

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: June 01, 2008 08:34PM

Chris_Farmer, it seems that you do have more interest here than clearing your name and establishing yourself as nothing more than a freelance web designer working on behalf of ex associates of Christopher Hansard.

It seems that you are now here to defend Chrstopher Hansard, albeit indirectly by challenging Jeff Bowe. Perhaps it would be more helpful if you made your defence of Hansard clearer. Rather than questioning Jeff Bowe’s credentials, you could tell us what evidence you have to indicate that Christopher Hansard’s story of his life and training is true.

dr thomas, thank you, that is interesting.

Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: June 01, 2008 10:02PM

A complex web indeed, and not quiet the innocent picture some would have us accept. The illuminating posting by Doctor Thomas is yet another nail-in-the-coffin for those who mislead the public by claiming to be producing traditional and genuine Tibetan medicine. It also raises once again further questions about the exact nature of Hansard's involvement with Tibetan Way.

Posted by: thewayishere ()
Date: June 01, 2008 10:27PM

So Mr Farmer- you have received your apology,you have aired your views, your name has been clearded as "web developer" only and now we have you bringing up debate about Bon medicine and whether the claims of sexual misconduct/abuse on this site are true and have been reported.is it now that which is keeping you awake every night? Do you wake up in the morning and now think I wonder what has been written about Bon Medicine and sexual abuse alleged by CH on his patients? Perhaps you would like to explain how this concern co incides with being a freelance web developer? This is a site for women and men who have been abused by CH.Who have suffered and are trying to put their lives back together.They deserve our compassion and understanding.They deserve the right to tell their story in anonymity. We should not be questioning their veracity. It upset you when people on this forum questioned your integrity as a "web developer". How do you think a victim on this site would feel by your comments. Some respect please. Thank you

Posted by: Chris_Farmer ()
Date: June 01, 2008 10:30PM

Dorje

Your posting: 1/06/08: 12:31

Thank you for your apology and apparent change of heart. I use the word 'apparent' not to cast doubt on the sincerity of your words but because in certain areas of this ongoing matter my hands are now tied.

As a result of various discussions and meetings that have taken place with the owners of the Tibetan Way website - and with others - it was decided that this matter should be passed on to our advisors for further consideration. That means that I can now only comment on this issue within tightly defined and agreed limits.

When I first became aware of the allegations here and read them I initially felt that it would not be necessary to proceed along that route. However despite my assertions and statements of innocence the attacks on my reputation have continued unabated both in the forum and elsewhere.

By the end of last week - as a result of attempting to fulfil my obligations to various clients and also having to take the time to deal with all of these attacks - I was exhausted; it had become clear that this affair was having a seriously detrimental impact on both my personal and business life. With that in mind I had little option but to pass on certain aspects of this situation to others better equipped to deal them.

I would hope to be receiving their interim recommendations in the very near future but I also understand they have to examine all the comments in this forum and elsewhere and then investigate every last detail in an attempt to establish the truth and separate the facts from the fiction. They do not give opinions without first checking their facts.

As they say "the wheels of justice grind exceedingly slow" but having been forced into this course of action I can now only let matters run their course.

Chris

Posted by: Chris_Farmer ()
Date: June 01, 2008 10:32PM

Dorje

Your posting: 1/06/08: 02:34:

As my postings here are not appearing for hours / days after I post them I don't know when you will read this.

Once again - despite your apparent apology - you insult me by describing me as:

"nothing more than a freelance web designer"

You know virtually nothing about me and yet you sneer at me - and all people who are web designers - and this is the second time that you have treated web developers as not worthy of any esteem. Throughout my life I have successfully managed to avoid being pigeon-holed so will you please stop referring to me as "merely" this and "nothing more than" - you have only a quantum of knowledge of what I have done - or am doing now - and you are not in any postion to judge. Your comments also rather invalidate your supposed apology.

I answered your question regarding defending Christopher Hansard before you even asked it in my reply (posted yesterday but at this moment not on the forum) to a posting by the moderator when I stated:

"I have absolutely no interest in defending Christopher Hansard other than incidentally in the course of defending myself. I wouldn't be wasting my time reading this forum or writing this now were it not for the fact that my name has been dragged through the mud by various posters who refuse to accept the truth and continue to vilify me."

I have no evidence - supportive or otherwise - of Christopher Hansard's life and training - however:

1: Having had untrue statements made about me for the past week I am deeply suspicious of many of the claims being made in this forum.

2: I can find no evidence that Christopher Hansard's claims are not true.

3: I have asked for further clarification from people who claim in depth knowledge of a tradition that has possibly existed for some 15,000 years.

4: As a Buddhist I also have an interest in Tibet and so am naturally curious about information relating to Tibet's pre-history but would like to ensure that the people providing that information have the credentials to support their claims.

5: Until coming across this forum I would have thought of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu and Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche as expert sources of such information but there have been suggestions in this forum that they have made inaccurate statements.

6: In Tibetan Buddhism it is normal to check the lineage of those who hold themselves out as teachers. To my mind anyone who makes statements about a subject such as Bon is holding themselves out as a teacher so it is natural to question them.

7: As Buddha said:

"O bhiksus and wise men, Just as a goldsmith would test his gold By burning, cutting, and rubbing it, So you must examine my words and accept them, But not merely out of reverence for me."

Nothing more to say really.

Chris

Date: June 01, 2008 10:39PM

Absolutely!

Anyone who defends, to the exclusion of the facts, the fraudulent claims and odious actions of Christoper Hansard cannot expect too much sympathy or understanding, either from traumatised former clients, or those who genuinely respect and value Tibet's native religion, Bon.

Posted by: mariac ()
Date: June 01, 2008 11:59PM

I just wanted to say that being a powerful personality, or being in touch with some kind of energy, does not then mean that you are a healer- the 2 are very different things.

Date: June 02, 2008 12:15AM

Maria.

I have read your posts with great interest and concern. The process of healing and the ethical responsibilties of those who claim to heal demand compassion, trust, integrity, respect and a selfless motivation. Christopher Hansard seems to lack, and callously disregard, all of these essential qualities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2008 12:17AM by jeff bowe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.