Current Page: 58 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: December 20, 2006 03:29AM

zeuszor
He said that most of the information in Wendy's book is "patently false" (his words) or "grossly exaggerated"

I love all of these blanket denials and wholesale dismissals. If Pete, John, or anybody at Trinity, knows of anything material in the book that is false or misleading, I would ask them to please contact us about it and we will correct it in any future editions of the book. The fact is, nobody at Trinity has contacted us with any information of the sort.

The book is well-researched, thoroughly documented, and completely accurate, as any former member who was there will verify. I do understand why the book is so threatening to Pete, though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: December 20, 2006 03:48AM

Please spell it out for us, C47. Why would the book represent such a threat to P.E.?

Date: December 20, 2006 04:07AM

It would mean that he has devoted his whole adult life to something that is not what he thought it was. I totally understand him not wanting to deal with this possibility.

Date: December 20, 2006 04:13AM

What hope is there for this man? Isn't he psychologically better off IN than OUT of the cult? If he let himself know the truth, he'd probably committ suicide or something. I've already heard that he seems to be real stressed out these days and has taken to the drink. God, that's sad...

Date: December 20, 2006 04:17AM

I mean, as long as he's happy, and isn't hurting anybody...we're not doing the guy any favors by trying to persuade him that everything he has believed in for as long as he can remember, everything he has invested so much of himself in, is a lie. It seems to me that if he knew, let himself know, the truth of the matter...well, I feel sorry for him and he's better off being left alone, don't you think?

Date: December 20, 2006 05:30AM

Personally, I [i:5a601297b6]am[/i:5a601297b6] leaving him alone--and everyone else who is still at Trinity. I have never reached in there and tried to pull anyone out. Even in your case, I only responded to you because you came out to discuss things. You were the one who initiated the contact.

Someone at Trinity once said something to me about me trying to get people to leave, but [i:5a601297b6]there[/i:5a601297b6] is a statement that is patently false. I have never tried to get anyone to leave. People have a right to choose to be there. If someone initiates contact with me I will honestly share my views with them, but I am not conducting raids on Trinity and trying to pull people out of there. I do not think it would be right to do that. People can only leave when they are ready.

Posted by: seeking ()
Date: December 20, 2006 06:23AM

I would be interested in Rick Ross's opinion on this. If someone has been in a cult all his/her adult life and had been totally immersed in the culture and mission of the cult, is he/she better off never coming to the truth?

Date: December 20, 2006 06:41AM

See y'all later. I am getting out of the drama triangle and will come back once I've done some more work on myself.

Date: December 20, 2006 08:22AM

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 20, 2006 11:05AM

Seeking:

No.

Typically, a person would have a better life with more freedom outside of a cult.

Current Page: 58 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.