Current Page: 59 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: NathanA ()
Date: December 20, 2006 01:48PM

I'm sure we'd all like to convince you that our position is right Mr. Ross. Do you have any comments to make on this TFI issue? Have you read the book? Is the issue relevant? Maybe you refrain from taking sides in discussions like this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 20, 2006 08:51PM

The book raises serious issues.

I have not received complaints about the Trinity Foundation or Ole Anthony over the years, but the comments by former members in the book and here on the message board are compelling.

The Trinity Foundation has done good work exposing unethical televangelists, but that doesn't excuse the conduct of Anthony described in the book.

If the reports about Anthony's behavior are true, which they apper to be, he seems to have much to answer for.

But no one has heard from Ole Anthony yet, in a public statement addressing the book and its implications.

It would be meaningful if Anthony and/or the Trinity Foundation made an extensive, detailed and comprehensive public statement to address the issues raised by its former members.

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: December 20, 2006 11:40PM

In the [i:3fccad0759]Charisma[/i:3fccad0759] article it mentions a 20-page response to the book that John Rutledge, Vice-president of Trinity Foundation, has been showing to reporters. A first step in this process would be for them to make that document public instead of just using it as an instrument in their whisper campaign against my wife and me.

If they truly have nothing to hide, why don't they come out and discuss these matters in a public forum such as this message board?

Date: December 21, 2006 12:39AM

A very good point.

IMO -- They should publish it on their Web site.

Date: December 21, 2006 01:20AM

Interesting.

Ole would not give me any real feedback on what Doug and Wendy have said because he said their board hoped that reconcilliation was still possible and a public response would only feed the mill. That doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense. You'd think a public response would serve to clear the rumor mill.

Date: December 21, 2006 01:27AM

I agree.

Various cult groups and their supporters have attacked me personally over the years.

My response has been to publicly respond through this Web site.

IMO -- this is the way to clear the air.

Date: December 21, 2006 01:38AM

Well, between checking posts here, the book has arrived in the mail. I am very interested in reading it. I will be quite busy for the next few days, but you can be assured that I will have questions/comments as I read the book. Thankyou.

Date: December 21, 2006 01:46AM

NathanA
Interesting.

Ole would not give me any real feedback on what Doug and Wendy have said because he said their board hoped that reconcilliation was still possible and a public response would only feed the mill. That doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense. You'd think a public response would serve to clear the rumor mill.

They do not hope for a reconciliation, they want Wendy and me to "repent" and come crawling back to them in submission. The only form of reconciliation they conceive of is us admitting that we are wrong. They are thus far refusing to take an honest look at themselves and what [i:24e94a6d19]they[/i:24e94a6d19] may have done wrong. And, John Rutledge showing something to reporters but not to us is moving things in the wrong direction if they have any true interest in reconciliation. If John has legitimate criticisms of the book he could email them to us, at the very least. I have emailed John, Gary, and others several times since leaving the group, but it is rare for them to even respond to me.

Does that sound like the behavior of people who are interested in "reconciliation?"

Date: December 21, 2006 02:59AM

NathanA
Well, between checking posts here, the book has arrived in the mail. I am very interested in reading it. I will be quite busy for the next few days, but you can be assured that I will have questions/comments as I read the book. Thankyou.

We look forward to hearing your questions and comments.

Date: December 22, 2006 03:58AM

I am into Chapter 3 right now.

No real surprises so far. I can see that when Wendy talks about the attractive qualities she saw at TFI how I have similarily been attracted by some of those things. ie. strong community, caring for the homeless, the belief that the common desire of the group was to be like Christ. Certainly these are features that have made me look favorably towards TFI.

I do find Wendy's tone somewhat melodramatic in the way she describes Ole's speech. I'm not sure it paints the same Ole I hear in the Bible Studies very well. She makes him sound like he just will crush anyone who questions him. As an outsider at least, that has not at all been my experience with TFI. I have heard Ole even amusingly confront my questions in the Bible Studies that I have emailed. If anything he seems to commend those who question him. You could say this is just his skillful manipulation. I'm not sure about that.

Current Page: 59 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.