Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: July 20, 2020 12:10PM

Hey everyone, I hope this finds you well. I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum, you are all very strong, & resilient. It feels impossible to move on, but it is necessary in order to move into deeper quietness & peace. Not more sides to pick, people telling you what is right or wrong, good or evil, who to worship or not worship, who to talk to or not talk to, what to do or not do. Im happy for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stefa ()
Date: July 21, 2020 09:23AM

Heythere1010101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not more sides to pick,

Heythere, can you elaborate on the sides? How many? What is the belief of each side?

> people telling you what is right or wrong,

Can you provide a listing of what was considered right (e.g. surrender physical body to God? or Accept god's choice of who your spouse should be?) and another list of what is wrong? (e.g. not spending a night with God when requested??)

> good or evil

Can you specify what was considered good and what would be evil?
e.g. arranged relationships is good?
e.g. having a natural liking for a team member from the opposite sex is evil?

> who to worship or not worship

And again, who are you suppose to worship, and who not to worship?
worship god and his angels (inner team)?

> who to talk to or not talk to

What are the restrictions, written and unwritten?

Who can you not talk to? Is there someone in the team where you have to report to regularly? If so, what are the reporting requirements? Do you spy and report on one another? Like who is having a secret relationship with who?

> what to do or not do

What do you need to do? e.g. 15 hour shift work, 7 days a week?

What can you not do? taking a walk by the countryside? take photos of landscape?

> Im happy for you.
Happy for you also.

Date: August 05, 2020 06:26AM

Hello friends! Here's something that's doing the rounds online today from the wonderful and wise teacher Stephan Bodian.
(I've put the MANY things I think apply to Tony Moo in bold)

Reflections on the integrity of spiritual teachers by Stephan Bodian:

"Recently I learned of yet another teacher who had lost sight of her function as a spiritual guide and begun imposing her personal agenda on others. I first became aware of the numerous ways a spiritual teacher can misuse their power when the Zen master I’d been studying with turned out to be an alcoholic who was propositioning students in the interview room and having an extramarital affair with his principal female disciple.

Since then, I’ve watched a series of teachers take advantage of their position and leave confused and disillusioned students in their wake. Fortunately, there are also some excellent, ethical, wise, and compassionate teachers in the nondual tradition. But as students we would do well to to keep in mind some basic principles when we interact with those who offer us guidance. Here are a dozen guidelines I’ve gleaned from my years exploring this issue, framed as a description of the teacher who lives in alignment with truth."

- The true teacher doesn’t need anything from you, including your love, admiration, veneration, power, or money.

- She/He does not require your loyalty or allegiance to anything but the truth of your being as you understand it.

- His/Her primary purpose is to further your spiritual unfolding, not to build her organization or expand her popularity on social media.

- The teacher does not attempt to organize, orchestrate, or control your personal life and does not purport to know what’s best for you on a personal level.

- He doesn’t take himself to be a teacher and doesn’t take you to be a student, except as temporary roles in the dance of existence. In the absence of any projection, you’re free to realize who you really are.

- The guru is an archetype or energy, not an individual person. Be careful about projecting this archetype onto a fallible human being, it’s a set-up for disillusionment and exploitation.

- The true teacher doesn’t take himself to be a guru but points instead to the true guru inside you.

- The true teacher is aware of the tendency among seekers to idealize their teachers and project their own assumptions and expectations upon them. Knowing this, the teacher doesn’t (mis)use these projections for their own personal gain and aggrandizement.

- The teacher realizes that “enlightened person” is an oxymoron and does not take possession of this identity. In the presence of enlightenment, the ego is absent—that’s why it’s called enlightenment.

- The teacher is merely the finger pointing at the radiant moon of your true nature. Once you’ve glimpsed the moon, you needn’t focus on the finger.

- The realization “I am That” reveals that there is only That, not that there is only me. The first is called awakening; the second is called narcissism.

- The teacher has a responsibility to be impeccable in their dealings with students, because they represent a world of meaning that the student reveres and aspires to understand.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: August 05, 2020 08:50PM

Awesome! Everybody who even thinks of listening to a spiritual teacher should read that message. Do you have a source, so I can share the link? Google wasn't helpful.

Date: August 06, 2020 06:27AM

I agree zizlz!
The post is from Stephan Bodian's facebook page. Here's the link:
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: August 07, 2020 12:07AM

Thanks!

Date: August 11, 2020 03:54AM

I found a facebook group called "Mooji, Eckhart & The Awakened"

It's ran by someone named Michael Soham.

What I found interesting is that they post quotes and videos of relatively respected teachers on the scene ie: Adyashanti, Rupert Spira, Jac O'Keeffe etc. But, they lump Mooji in with them. It's subtle, but it feels like they're trying to make Mooji "seem" legitimate by featuring him amongst respected teachers that have no dirt, no 400,000 views on a cult forum etc.

I put a civil but critical comment on a Mooji post there, then found I was banned from the page. I had another account I use as a sports page, and used it to comment, my comments were deleted.

Anyway, it's no big scandal, but it shows the how easy it is to manipulate media so as to show zero critical comments on old Fat Tony... This site kind of irked me as they seem like they're just trying to piggyback Mooji into being seen as legit, by the company he's in there... I don't think they are officially affiliated with Mooji, but they sure are hyping him..

Fortunately there are places like this Cult Education forum where one can say all they want without being deleted. On facebook in particular, there is also
Leaving Mooji,
Mooji and the Guru Papers,
and
Mooji Cult Material.
I was glad to find those! I think there are more, but those are the ones I know about..

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: August 11, 2020 07:04AM

Hi too many suicides,

That's quite interesting... I took a look at Micheal Soham on social media - I've noticed he is friends with Shree's ex-husband and also with Khrishnabai, but other than that, he doesn't seem to have a lot of obvious cult members as contacts.

He may actually be someone who is legitimately interested in spirituality and who very innocently believes that Moo is a legitimate spiritual teacher?

I've noticed that a lot of people who get into non-duality become very evangelical about it all; eager to 'spread the gospel' so to speak. It's very sad, so very unfortunate.

I did see the Moo cult had a fairly aggressive paid campaign on Facebook a while back, but this particular page by Michael Soham doesn't appear to be part of that.

Anyway, just my two cents worth.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: August 11, 2020 10:39AM

Also kind of interesting that since Tony has more or less failed at becoming the next Messiah, he has now resorted to selling incense yet again!

see: [shop.mooji.org]

I guess he had to return to what he knows best....

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: August 11, 2020 06:09PM

Sahara71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi too many suicides,
>
> That's quite interesting... I took a look at
> Micheal Soham on social media - I've noticed he is
> friends with Shree's ex-husband and also with
> Khrishnabai, but other than that, he doesn't seem
> to have a lot of obvious cult members as contacts.
>
> He may actually be someone who is legitimately
> interested in spirituality and who very innocently
> believes that Moo is a legitimate spiritual
> teacher?
>
> I've noticed that a lot of people who get into
> non-duality become very evangelical about it all;
> eager to 'spread the gospel' so to speak. It's
> very sad, so very unfortunate.
>
> I did see the Moo cult had a fairly aggressive
> paid campaign on Facebook a while back, but
> this particular page by Michael Soham doesn't
> appear to be part of that.
>
> Anyway, just my two cents worth.

This guy named M Soham spent a lot of time with Mooji as one of his devotees. You can see him singing with another female devotee in this video: [www.dailymotion.com]

You see him also many times in videos taken in Monte Sahaja in what they call Sahaja Express. So he was very much involved with and heavily influenced by Mooji and all what was happening in Monte Sahaja.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.