Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: JDecosta ()
Date: September 07, 2019 05:17PM

rrmoderator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>... The questions are the actual
> focus of this thread not the people who post here.
>

----

It's all about the people who post and read here, people who have been or still are around Mooji. I guess, most here must have been with Mooji or still are, otherwise he/she could not write about him.

A cult is created by people, not by one single person.

A cult develops when people forget why they listen to a teacher in the first place: to come back to their natural state. This in mind and heart a cult will not develop. Monte Sahaja means natural state. No place for pedestals with someone or something on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bodhi68 ()
Date: September 07, 2019 05:47PM

Dear Moderator

You do read like "a Mooji defender.

Otherwise why are you here?

My intention when i came here was not to be a Mooji defender.
This forum was started with the question wether Mooji "might be " a cult.
As long as the thread name is not changed into :
"Mooji is a destructive cult.Please share your negative experiences here" it looks to me that this question can be discussed and evaluated.

Do you consider Mooji a destructive cult group?

If you ask me that question like this ,my opinion is NO.
In my view there are elements specially lately that might go into a cultish direction.
Like overtaking personal devotion, indian rituals etc. But what do you mean with destructive. I don't get that point.
Only from my personal experience: Nobody tried to pull me inside that environment and when i stopped going there nobody tried to convince me that i have to stay there.

What do you think is wrong with Mooji?

Sometimes specially lately i don't like so much the promotion of Sahaja as a kind of holy land where everything is so special.
I don't agree to that because in my view that is a very subjective perspective not so universal.
Also accepting so much devotion to himself i would consider to be not helpful to seekers of truth.
About the nasty stuff reported by others :
I don't know the guy personally and all the nasty behaviors people report about i have never experienced. So i can say nothing about this. My own encounters were not negative.

What needs to be changed?

Well if i'd be Mooji i would stop allowing people to adore me to bow to show too much devotion.
I would take myself more out of the picture.
If you need a symbol for God / Truth / Pure awareness ,where you like to express your devotion you might as well use a statue of Buddhahood a Mandala your favorite tree or your cat. ;-)

What has Mooji done wrong that must be addressed and changed specifically?
See above

So after having answered you question i'll ad more question .

So you are not a fanatical follower of Mooji and you yourself have some criticisms against Mooji, so why do you talk about the experiences others have made here and claim that they are invented?

I like to discuss these maters from an objective point of view .Not from assumptions and hearsay stuff.
Some of the stuff reported here contains obvious lies lots of stuff is unproven or just from an anonymous source.
I think the discussion should be on a basis of what is really happening on a basis of truth.I just can't stand people lying.

I know its just a little thing at the end of the thread but this made me start writing here.

A guy called Horowitz started to tell stories about how much damage was done to Mooji and that his numbers of followers were decreasing and so on.
Don't get me wrong i don't mind if he has only 100 followers or 10000. But inventing untrue stories just with the intention to celebrate your success..... What kind of truth ,what kind of style is that ??

Regards

Bodhi

Posted by: Bodhi68 ()
Date: September 07, 2019 07:56PM

JDecosta Wrote:
> rrmoderator Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >... The questions are the actual
> > focus of this thread not the people who post
> here.
> >
>
> ----
>
> It's all about the people who post and read here,
> people who have been or still are around Mooji. I
> guess, most here must have been with Mooji or
> still are, otherwise he/she could not write about
> him.
>
> A cult is created by people, not by one single
> person.
>
> A cult develops when people forget why they listen
> to a teacher in the first place: to come back to
> their natural state. This in mind and heart a cult
> will not develop. Monte Sahaja means natural
> state. No place for pedestals with someone or
> something on it.

Exactly ! I agree with this and these are also the points
i do critisize about the Mooji group.
It seems to happen to most religios/spriritual groups once they
reach a bigger amount of people and structures and hierachies start to
be established.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 07, 2019 10:52PM

To whom it may concern:

Bodhi68 is no longer welcome to post here.

Apparently Mooji devotees like Bodhi68 are trolling this thread to spin and/or act as an apologist for Mooji.

It seems Mooji is upset about this thread and attempting to disrupt it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2019 11:07PM by rrmoderator.

Date: September 07, 2019 11:06PM

JDecosta:

Much of what you say reads like "word salad" with no meaning.

A destructive cult is a totalitarian operation with an absolute authoritarian leader without meaningful accountability.

It's not about the "people" it's about the leader and what the leader does.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This is a definitive paper about cults by a psychiatrist that taught at Harvard.

There are three core characteristics that form the nucleus for the definition of a destructive cult.

1. a charismatic leader who increasingly becomes an object of worship as the general principles that may have originally sustained the group lose their power;

2. a process I call coercive persuasion or thought reform;

3. economic, sexual, and other exploitation of group members by the leader and the ruling coterie.

Please don't attempt to victim blame and shame here.

An absolute leader has absolute responsibility for his or her actions.

Many destructive cult leaders do try to blame anyone or anything else for what goes wrong, but this is just further evidence regarding the bad behavior of a destructive cult leader.

Personal attacks, such as blaming and shaming victims, is prohibited by the rules of this message board, which you agreed to before posting here.

Don't violate the rules or you will be banned from this message board.

Posted by: JDecosta ()
Date: September 08, 2019 12:34AM

rrmoderator Wrote:
>
> A destructive cult is a totalitarian operation
> with an absolute authoritarian leader without
> meaningful accountability.
>
> It's not about the "people" it's about the leader
> and what the leader does.

----

There is no leader without people who follow him.

-----

> Please don't attempt to victim blame and shame
> here.

> Personal attacks, such as blaming and shaming
> victims, is prohibited by the rules of this
> message board, which you agreed to before posting
> here.
>
> Don't violate the rules or you will be banned from
> this message board.

-----

I am not blaming anyone, because then I would have to put blame on me, too. I don't see myself as a victim. It was my choice to hang pictures of Mooji on the wall and to put a bottle with sahaja dust on a bookshelf. No one forced me to do this.

The walls are empty now and this is fine. Natural state also for the walls.

Posted by: John Dollop ()
Date: September 08, 2019 12:56AM

Dear rrmoderator, dear Ananas and all of the contributors of this incredibly important source of true information:

THANK YOU!!

I would like to write thank you more than one time here but M. always repeats thank you three times at the end of his indoctrination, manipulation, brain washing sessions, so I only write it once. But my thank you to you, unlike Mooji acting show, mine is genuine.

MOOJI IS A MANIPULATOR, HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING.
Mooji IS A MEAN PERSON AT HEART AND INCREDIBLY SELFISH TOO.

Just to refresh our memory and in case there are new people here unaware of some important pieces of informations: Be Scofield [gurumag.com]

Do read the above article if you have not done so yet and share it far and wide. Remember, there are people that got interviewed and that at the right time will come out.

I am truly GREATFUL for all your contributions here and all of the people that shared their painful TRUE experiences under the manipulating energies of Mooji in Sahaja, Portugal, India and wherever his dirty tricks gets to.

Thank you to ALL OF YOU here that are sharing what has happened to you.

DEAD HERON IN SAHAJA ?? YES, INDEED MOOJI ORDERED FOR IT TO BE SHOT DEAD! END OF STORY, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. NICE GUY AH??

THIT IS THE MASTER FULL OF LOVE HE WANTS PEOPLE TO SEE !!

Look at this: Moos Eyes
Here his sister got SHOT in London and ended up PARALISED for the rest of her life until she died years later.

LOOK AT Tony from Brixton EXPRESSION,LOOK INSIDE HIS EYES. HE IS MUCH MORE CARING TO SHOW OFF HIS POSH ENGLISH ACT THEN ANYTHING ELSE.

Would you be like that if your sister had just been SHOT? Look carefully at his expression, at his eyes, look deeply. This person cannot care less about his sister or anyone else but the fact that he is on TV. However, he IS indeed a great actor and manipulator for all to see.

If there is still someone even just 1% still thinking that Mooji is a good person or that his meditations are good, that he might have just gone a little confuse lately, then THINK AGAIN! AND FINALLY AND ONCE AND FOR ALL WAKE UP!!!

MOOJI IS A MANIPULATOR, HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING.

NO ONE CAN SAY THAT HE IS NOT MANIPULATING PEOPLE AS HE IS INDEED AND MANY, MANY HAVE SUFFERED ARE SUFFERING AND WILL SUFFER BECAUSE OF HIM.

Just as a reminder: [www.youtube.com]
And [www.youtube.com]

Best,
JD

Date: September 08, 2019 04:40AM

Personal attacks will be deleted.

This thread is now being heavily trolled by Mooji devotees.

Posted by: NoWayNowhere ()
Date: September 08, 2019 01:27PM

rrmoderator. 1 I'm not a Mooji troll
2 Please look at that previous post briefly
The author claims that in the eyes of young Tony Moo in a 35 year old video he would recognize the depravity of his character.
I wish for a little more objectivity here.

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: September 08, 2019 06:40PM

When people come here and want to discuss "from an objective point of view .Not from assumptions and hearsay stuff", when they want proof including names, adresses, phone numbers (can I leave my tax number out maybe?) they are totally blind for the FACT, that there is no proof whatsoever for M being fully realized/enlightened at all. And only because he himself (yes he does!) and his follwers repeat it 10000 times and more and more people running there does not make it more true.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.