Re: Mooji a cult?
Date: September 06, 2019 04:28PM
Bodhi, you are not well educated on how cults and in this case the M cult operates AT ALL, so I will not further discuss with you but give information for others.
This thread was started with the question "is M a cult" and since it started many people came here and reported what they have experienced, seen and witnessed. So the question has long been answered and for those who are open for the painful truth ( at least for me it was very painful to realize the betrayal, lack of integrity and abuse from M) they can find enough "material" here in this now 180pages.
So if a person comes here saying that Be's article and all the reports here are lies, rumors and that only devotion and bajan singing is part of cultish behaviour in M's cult, he or she has no clue on how cults run and operate and is still part of the cult. How could this person be a reliable source to find out about the cult?
People who come here to end the "just mere Mooji bashing by some people" and claim to be objective but dismissing everything that MANY other people have reported here or gave as information to Be Scofield, is simply arrogant.
More hubris: "I don’t know Ananas if you ever have meditated or listened to any guided meditation but all these long discussions about hypnotherapy techniques, trance, etc.. look like posted by someone who has actually no idea what meditating means." Yes, many people here, me included, have 30/40/50 years of experience on tha path with all kinds of meditation. Even the dead heron story was confirmed here by at least 2 people here.
And talking about silencing others opinions and reports: M and his team is doing that everywhere on the internet threatening people with law cases. They have tried many times to come here as well and will try again and again. My advice: do not listen to them.
Which levels of closeness do we have in M's cult?
1. people who know M via internet or books
2. people who came to one or more retreats but do not make it to sahaja
3. people who have spent short time in sahaja and then go home and have a job etc
4. people who have been coming for seva more often and longer periods but still have a job and a home somewhere else
5. people who have been living around sahaja for years, have houses there, go to sahaja regularly (working, satsangs) but have money to support themselves (retirement, making money from renting to other devotees etc)
6. people who have left everything (job, home, family) and live in sahaja and are totally dependant on M
7. from the people of category 6 some get closer, have more important jobs, spend more time with M in very small gatherings
8. the close circle: his entourage, the bodyguards, those who know about the finances of the organization and about everything M is doing day and night
So if a person has entered level 3 and really thinking he/she KNOWS whats going and that he/she has seen behind the scenes there, is just more hubris and arrogance.
For M people get intereting from level 6 onwards.( Exception: if you have lots of money, young or retired, then you get special treatment in levels under 6) Those who give up everything to live with him, get sooner or later (depends on how long your money savings last) totally dependant on him. Then it's easy.
I also see that M's success machine is still "on" with 2 Zmars now. I do not know how many people attended Lisbon intensive and it could be that was not a correct information. But that is a small detail and of no matter to the overall problems existing with M and his organization.