Re: Mooji a cult?
Date: September 12, 2019 04:16PM
This is what I have seen, witnessed, experienced myself in Sahaja and what other longterm devotees in MS have shared with me. (people do talk with each other although it is forbidden to do so. But not every inch in MS can be controlled)
1. Public shaming and gas lightening happen all the time in MS. It can occur in all forms, from subtle to gross. People are laughed at often in satsang meetings by M and the group.
2. Brainwashing, conditioning and mind control are very obvious once one has seen through it. It happens constantly.
3. In Sahaja people have to work very hard, often 12 or more hours. All people who live there longterm and gave up their jobs and families are totally dependant on M. Even after long workdays M demands them to come to evening satsangs which easily last till 12pm or 1am, when they happen.
4. When I was there the longterm devotees had no health coverage or any other coverage insurance and some did not even have a visa or passport, because they were from outside EU and stayed too long.
5. Free labour is not allowed in Portugal, but the dependant longtermers work for free or a small pocket money (80-100€ per month).
6. I saw many depressed and broken down longtermers. Crying and break downs happen regularly, people then are ignored by M and most of others, "as they are just in their mind"
7. I heard M saying that he is god, that he is Jesus and that MS is Arunachala.
8. In a small group M once talked badly about a group member and when this memeber minutes later came by M said very sweetly "Hi my love, how are doing?"
9. One member of the inner circle said she is lying for truth (Moo) at least 3 times per day and I heard M in satsang 2 times saying, that sometimes truth has to lie.
10. Food was cut down several times while I was there altough the organization had millions of income. During retreat times more food was served, my guess is to make a good impression on the newcomers
11. Devotees living in MS have to keep silence and if people talk they get forced back to silence
12. There is a clear difference between longterm devotees who have given themselves over in total dependance and people who come and go. The longtermers have to follow stricter rules,are more controlled, are not allowed to watch other teachers online and have only limited free time where they can leave MS.
13. M wants that people confess their flaws in satsang (publicly) or where they are still "stuck in their mind".
14. M manipulates relationships and is responsible for break ups of marriages (including children) and couples. He does that by binding one person close to him and the other has to live outside MS, is not allowed to travel with him or gets an unimportant job while the partner raises to a very important job close to M. Seperating couples is very importnat for M because individuals who are not allowed to talk are easier manipulated then a well bonded couple.
15. The organization is hiding money from the records
16. M is involved in every decision, even small details are brought to him. He wants to know everything and has power over all people there.
17. M did spred lies about people who left the cult and did not allow anyone to have contact with those who left
18. One girl was kicked out of MS because she did not bow down to M. He got very angry about this.
19. If M gets critizied online he inquires exessivly who exactly this person is, he wants the name.
20. His teaching is very poorly: confusing, filled with trance inducing hypnotherapy elements.
21. M has sexual relations with young women
22. Most of the wooden buildings are illigaly built in Sahaja and they try to hide it from authorities.
23. M did lie in his facebook video in spring when he said the allegations are not true
24. People who got close and leave are contacted and often terrorized by phone, skype, email, Fb or in person showing up at their door by devotees
25. M is very afraid of bad reputation
26. M hired lawyers to silence people speaking up in the internet
27. Exorcism by M happens, not as a seperate ritual but during retreats, satsangs in india or randomly in MS. I have seen it at least 4 times.
28. Longtermers in MS are afraid of M.
29. M has a dark side, which they try to hide very carefully
30. The heron was watched 24/7 on several ponds by volunteers of the MS residents (the signed up for it, it was done in shifts although they have full time jobs) and their job was to chase the bird away. After maybe one week the pond shifts had stopped. (Now we know that the heron was shot by the sangha which means that M has one or more guns)
31. M demands from the longtermers to speak up for him immediately, when he is critized in satsang by someone. He gets very upset about critizism afterwards but stays calm in satsang while it is happening to the public eye.
32. People are not allowed to talk to others about their "status", meaning that M invited them for free food and housing.
Always have in mind that there are many levels of closeness. And it might be very well so that if you are in level 1-5 that you will not see the abuse, manipulation and dark side of M. It starts to happen when you get dependant on him, level 6 to 8.
Levels of closeness in M cult:
1. people who know M via internet or books
2. people who came to one or more retreats but do not make it to sahaja
3. people who have spent short time in sahaja and then go home and have a job etc
4. people who have been coming for seva more often and longer periods but still have a job and a home somewhere else
5. people who have been living around sahaja for years, have houses there, go to sahaja regularly (working, satsangs) but have money to support themselves (retirement, making money from renting to other devotees etc)
6. people who have left everything (job, home, family) and live in sahaja and are totally dependant on M
7. from the people of category 6 some get closer, have more important jobs, spend more time with M in very small gatherings
8. the close circle: his entourage, the bodyguards, those who know about the finances of the organization and about everything M is doing day and night
It is possible that some minor details may have changed by now but the overall cult structure, the abuse and the deception has not changed.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2019 04:35PM by Ananas.