Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 08, 2019 03:23PM

Valma,

that is all so interesting. I wish I knew more about these things or was able to shed more light on the matter. I can tel you this:

A woman I once knew was the victim of a physically and verbally abusive husband, who repeatedly abused her over a number of years. Through an interesting turn of events (which I wont go into), he was basically forced to attend counseling as part of an anger management program.

This man could not believe that his counselor was not interested in the reasons why the man felt the need to hit his wife. He was incredulous. He had assumed that once he explained, man to man, to the counselor why it was essential for him to hit his wife, that all would be forgiven.... that the counselor would basically agree with the violent man and understand him and say "yes, well in that case, I can see why you would want to hit her, actually."

When he did not get the sympathy he felt he deserved, the violent husband was bewildered.

So perhaps there is something there... that abusive, exploitative people are not aware of the seriousness of their own behavior- they are incapable of understanding why their actions are considered wrong and so they feel victimized.

Maybe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Valma ()
Date: May 08, 2019 05:29PM

Sahara71,

Indeed the question you raise is worth examining.

I share your sentiment regarding reading the "story" of Heather. This is a serious case to say the least!

Here excerpt from words of Heather:

"As we have seen in very public fashion, it is extremely difficult for victims of abuse, like myself, to expose their identity and come forward, largely because they want only to move on with their lives, and not return to the past and relive the experience of abuse. They are further suppressed by the strong stigmas associated with sexual abuse, especially when committed by persons thought to be influential or powerful.
Unfortunately, it is also the very fact that these individuals are so well- positioned that, at least until recently, has allowed them to commit their heinous acts largely behind a curtain of power and reputation.
Again, as we saw in many instances, where leaders are accused of misconduct, there has been an initial rejection of the claims, especially from the close followers of the leader. However what is interesting is that in most of these cases the accusations have been proven to be true."

Posted by: AnnetteChappelle ()
Date: May 08, 2019 11:02PM

I have an UPDATE to share,

I ended up writing to James Swartz and asking him to please take the article down as I didn’t realize that he would be using my emails and personal story on his webpage.
(I didn’t want to be combative so I didn’t bring up the change from what was written between us and what he actually put in the article).

His response was to send me the disclaimer and then say I was being afraid of Mooji. In the disclaimer it said he would keep me anonymous. The rest of his very lengthy reply I will not go into here. But it made me feel really uncomfortable (and not in the way hearing the truth can sometimes feel). The uncomfortable a person feels when they realize they opened up to the wrong person about deep wounds.

I sent one email back just restating my request and saying again I was unaware he would use this and hadn’t read a disclaimer first and to please take it down. I also told him that writing I was anonymous source for Be article, after I had shown him this was already on the internet did identify me. If there is only one unicorn and her name is Annette Chappelle, you can say a unicorn shared this and it’s pretty much like saying Annette Chappelle shared this. He must have seen that point because he took that part out. But the way he responded the second email left me no doubt that this “teacher” can’t really be connected to Source.

Since this has happened to me I share it for others to learn from as I can not speak for “Heather” but the emails back included violence and sex in his responses that had no place in my simple request.

This man could do A LOT of damage to an impressionable and trusting mind. I don’t buy his bullshit for a minute because I know he’s not CLEAN.

BEWARE of him.

Ok. I’m off the internet for awhile now to detox. Will only be responding to emails.

Posted by: klaklaklak ()
Date: May 08, 2019 11:29PM

Sahara this is exactly it!!!

He doesn't understand when he's being abusive!!?? Or he does and does it anyway

Watch this clip from April 27, 2019 with the Irish Sangha

Watch this story he tells !!

Wouldnt a sane person not tickle the kid when he shows he doesn't like it,
But mooji did it anyway as the kid stood still, fearful and prepping himself for pain

My guess is that he was searching for a sign that his nephew was happy to see him.

And btw, 1 minute of tickling is hella long.

I don't tickle anymore, I can tell most kids don't really like it. They're laughing because they're sensitive but not because they really really enjoy it. It's like a twisted form a fun.

From google:

"Tickling does not create a pleasurable feeling—just the outward appearance of one. It causes the same physiological reactions as humor—i.e., laughter, goose bumps, and convulsive muscle contractions—which means we can look like we’re having the time of our lives while suffering, sometimes greatly."

"While not all adults who tickle children are paving the way to sexually abuse them, tickling is a good example of the grooming process. When trust can be won over and defenses can be disarmed, the offender is then able to have their way with the child. "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2019 11:31PM by klaklaklak.

Posted by: Decide4yourself ()
Date: May 09, 2019 12:17AM

This is what James Swartz does he exploits and bullies people.

There is so much behind the scenes no one seems to know.

Is it really “satsang” (the sharing of truth) if you change the words and answers between the exchange, violate the confidence of the person by not asking if it can be shared and then refuse to take it down?

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: May 09, 2019 12:59AM

Traveler99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please, Read the book and make up your own mind.
> Pass it on to anyone who has any questions
> regarding that particular alleged spiritual
> teacher or any other.

I will. Thank you all for your replies. This is all very interesting to me because I turned out to have blind spots for people's impurity before and those are somehow linked to my own impurity. And sorry for being so judgmental and combative in my latest posts, this wasn't warranted at all and had more to do with me than any of you.

Date: May 09, 2019 01:28AM

ziziz,

Now that takes a really big HEARTED person to write that. I also apologize if I said anything that was offensive. I’m learning to speak my truth and sometimes that can come out too sharp.

Peace!

Date: May 09, 2019 02:38AM

In closing I am going to be writing a book. I will be using my exchange with James in it as well. I don’t aim to go after any teacher just state what my experiences were, what I saw and what I learned. It’s like a seeker’s guide to the pitfalls that are so common and how to spot them in time to avoid them. I need to make use of all this pain for good after all.

I will use specific examples from my experience and that will include things I saw at Sahaja and with my interactions with Mooji directly there. It will safeguard all information from hurting others so anything that could identify someone will not be included, just what I witnessed personally.

As for Traveler99 saying James Swartz is worse then Mooji. I would just comment that, in my experience with both, James has a much darker and colder side. Mooji hides what he is doing much better. It’s a bit like apples and oranges to me. But if I had to pick which teacher to be traumatized by I’d go with Mooji (small m) every single time.

Luckily I’m not in this for trauma. :)

Stay in touch.

Annette

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2019 02:39AM by AnnetteChappelle.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: May 09, 2019 03:33AM

AnnetteChappelle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ziziz,
>
> Now that takes a really big HEARTED person to
> write that. I also apologize if I said anything
> that was offensive. I’m learning to speak my truth
> and sometimes that can come out too sharp.
>
> Peace!

Thank you Annette :)

Happy to hear that you're going to write that book! I'm sure that it will be very interesting and helpful to a lot of seekers. I'll order a copy for sure!

I wish you all the best!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 09, 2019 05:13AM

Satsang.

Truth assembly in Sanskrit.

IMO these discussions on CEI appear to be closer to the sat sang ideal than most of the teachers and groups claiming the moniker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.