In New Age circles, all sects of Tibetan Buddhism and on the guru/satsang seeker's circuit we are being socialized to become intellectual hybrids--wage earners in capitalist society, but under the tutelage of New Wage Brahmins, covertly trained to have the mentality of pre-modern peasants who grovel to gurus, lamas, satsang teachers.
he West has been extensively colonized by mental attitudes that have kept India poor, both psychologically and socially.
* Caste mentality in which allegedly enlightened persons are better than
* Powerholders are automatically righteous. Victims of abuse are automatically inferior or they'd not have "attracted" abuse to themselves.
(In Hindu India power = legitimacy. If you have immense power it proves you did something right in a previous lifetime. There is no way to distinguish illegitimate power and legitimate power, power corruptly used, power benevolently used.)
* The physical world and people's suffering are all illusion, therefore you
are entitled to ignore it all.
* A bad situation must be adjusted to, rather than analyzed and changed for the better.
* That if you incur disaster it is your karma due to misdeads in previous lifetimes. If you are born a woman, born poor, kinapped and mutilated so as to beg money for a crime boss, you get this for misdeeds you committed in a previous lifetime. Or you create this suffering for yourself via victim
And anyone who is outraged by this kind of abuse is a deluded, ego ridden fool.
There is no such thing as an enlightened being who is abusive. Anyone who sees an enlightened being behaving in a manner that is morally repugnant (cussing out disciples) or downright criminal (fill in the blank here) -- the person who
perceives that abuse is delusional and ego ridden, and fails to see the glorious hidden magnificence of the guru's teaching.
There is no tragedy. No pathos. Only the leela (divine play) of God or the gods
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2019 09:52PM by corboy.