Current Page: 68 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: sound of silence ()
Date: January 30, 2019 02:27AM

Yesterday I read about this video from Amma Tanya White and I watched it on Facebook.
I found it extremely convincingly and touching.

Today I can't find this video!!

What the hell is going on here?

Please tell me if you know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 04:31AM

Hi Sound of Silence,

It looks like Amma Tanya has taken down her video. It seems that she has deleted her Facebook page as well... as far as I can tell. I hope she is OK.

She received a lot of backlash from the Moo Cult followers and in the end had to block a number of people from contacting her. That is what I read on her page, anyway. It was up and running yesterday....

Hi Heythere101,

please feel free to keep sharing your experiences. I think this forum is mainly about sharing information so as people can make informed decisions. Cults are very secretive and they control a lot of the information coming out of their camp.

If you take a look at a lot of the Moojiji videos on Youtube, you will see that a large portion of them have "comments disabled" underneath them. This group are into very heavy censorship... they delete anything they don't like, so it can be hard to find information that might be revealing.

They also delete posts from their Facebook page and from their subReddit, when people ask questions that they don't like. To me, this is suspicious, I don't like groups who feel they need to undertake such heavy censorship.

But you are right, in that ultimately, cults will continue to have followers, even when people are aware what it going on. That is because the brain-washing techniques they use are so effective.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: January 30, 2019 04:52AM

Amma Tanya's video was posted here by Leslie Read a few days ago. It's a disscussion forum for Moo's 2nd "Buddha at the Gaspump" interview.

If you're on facebook, I suggest joining this group, and respectfully entering the dialogue. There are a few great comments from people that have personally been to Moo's ashram, and saw with there own eyes what is "off" there...

Rick Archer, who runs Buddha at the Gas Pump has done over 400 interview with various "awakened" people, some famous some not. He was with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi for years, and saw first hand how a big guru can fall into having sex with disciples etc.

He will take down interviews on his site if he hears enough compelling accounts of improprieties about the teacher he has interviewed.

He took down interviews with the now notorious Bentinho Massaro when it became clear that his operation had become cult-like etc.

If anyone out there has personally experienced first-hand the cult-like abuse and behaviour of Moo, I would suggest contacting Rick about this, he can decide for himself it there is too much evidence for him to continue tacitly promoting or supporting Moo's brand by keeping the video interview up.

As has been just mentioned, Moo's team is very diligent about scrubbing any dissent from as many online sources as they can. It is great that they can't get at this site, and I'm sure they can't get at the Buddha at the Gas Pump forum.

I downloaded Amma Tanya's video, and will find a way to link it here in the near future.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: January 30, 2019 06:35AM

clearvision thanks for that I send you a postcard "from" Monte sahaja: [www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2019 06:41AM by Horowitz.

Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 06:12PM

I am not mara fiota, it is pretty obvious from the way i am writing, if you actually read the posts they contain useful info., whatever, you guys are weird and cult-y too.

Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 06:13PM

Im out.

This is like the air raids during WW2 Stay calm.
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 30, 2019 09:27PM

If we stop respecting each other, the wrong side wins - and enjoys our discomfiture.

The worst thing about trolling is it makes us jittery and unkind to each other.

This discussion has been
trolled heavily ever since August when xivoparig made the first serious
accusations about Moo.

A lot of people come here who are shaken up by what they've seen and been
through and because so many attempts to discuss Moo elsewhere online have
resulted in message board shutdowns and shaming.

A teacher is known by the quality of his students.

If any of us get a questionable or threatening item in our CEI private messages
copy it along with the name date and time, and send this in a private message to the moderator, Rick Ross at once.

Mr Ross can be contacted here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

This is not whining, this is not inability to take a joke, this is the only way to combat private bullying via the PM system.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2019 09:38PM by corboy.

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: January 31, 2019 12:09AM

Hi everyone.

I have found this thread extremely helpful. I see the clear points being made. Sometimes there so clear I do laugh out loud at what I too experienced at Sahaja and in retreats with Moo and the sangha. I would have loved to have had this thread when I was getting out, so I think it's invaluable.

All the censorship to criticisms, which in most cases are people's unfavorable experiences with Moo is control. Only that which feels threatened needs that kind of control. Moo makes it clear that his brand, his image, is more important than people finding truth with his censorship. It's obvious. If not people could be free to speak without being deleted. That's what he does though, he deletes you.

It's really sad because one of his quotes is "my heart is with you tell the end"...it's shallow though when you meet him. It is about if "he feels you" energically and so a lot of effort is put into keeping him"feeling you" being uber devoted, and if you are crushed then your too attached to him, to your mind.

I know for a fact he demeans, talks behinds people's backs, shouts and that people fear him. I know because he has said he was shocked to learn people fear him. He either lacks a tremendous amount of insight or he is extremely manipulative or both.

He doesn't want anyone to see other teachers. It's a form of betrayal and if he find out "he doesn't feel you" anymore. I know of women who cut off there hair at his feet to help him feel them. And he let them.

I know Krishnibia is his pit bull. I know people objected to his picture being placed in the area that has all the dead sages in it and she was furious. "Mooji is your Master" and she went at night in ceremony to put another one up. I know Mooji oked this because nothing is done that he doesn't want. You don't speak at meals because he doesn't want you too. You don't speak about anything to do with what your life is in private because he doesn't want you too. It's highly controlling. If he catches wind that you are having "Satsang" with another because you think you know something, you will be called on it. He doesn't want anyone to have a true spiritual experience is very true. I know 6 people who had them, spoke about them and were expelled from his group and also those who teach under him. One transcribed an entire book for him and tossed out. She can't ever go back and was told not to attend meetings with him with the new group she is at meets with him.

Where is the freedom in this?

It's taken me quite a while to see through the illusion of Moo as God. In a sense he is because we all are, nature is, animals are, the whole of creation is. It was confusing how exclusive people felt toward Moo. But I get it. He was abandoned by his mother, his father died. He was left to grow up on his own with an uncle. He was a popular kid in high school. And people like him because he's "cool". They want the show. The want to be in a movement they feel is going to save them. They want to feel this love he exudes in retreat and on videos. I did. But it's got a flip side. And because he doesn't acknowledge his humanity, his diabetes, his health, his past that influences his craving for love. Well we can't either.

I've gotten free of him. But I went there thinking he was God. Krishnibai reinforced to me how great it was I thought that because most people only see him as a wise person. Those where her words. But Krishnibai we are all god. And god is on this thread saying this isn't right, because that what is seen and it is also true.

So they want an experience. I did. Moo offers it. I felt out of extreme compassion but then I saw many things that were not at all compassionate and yes that was my mind and my common sense and my own compassion at play and I don't have to give any of that up for Frredom, or Truth because they are apart of it.

I really am grateful to those who were in Sahaja and are giving their stories. Not a one didn't ring true. Maybe the sexual stuff and the intention to defraud and brainwash seem a bit conspiracy theory but hey, they could also be true as far as I can tell and why because Moo is transparent. There is so much fear there, but not anything people would see if they went to retreat. If he feels you and you go to stay and you keep your evaluation as well you will see it too.

I left and everyone was surprised, they said you belong here, you love Moo so much. I did. And I do, but not from weakness anymore. But because I've seen thru him. He's messed up as much as he's not. He tells people "it would be better that you wet yourself, then miss this teaching" because he gets annoyed they have to use the toilets. He says he is up there with diabetes and he doesn't leave the stage and diabetes makes you need to use the toilet. Message I'm a martry, be one too. I care more for you then you do. You have to want freedom as much as I want it for you. Sorry Moo, God has to pee.

People leave the Satsang hall and he says "if I was your Master you would not leave before I leave the stage" that's a spiritual ego. No one says to him Moo "that's just your mind".

I know many people there and they are no honest with him. Why? Because they confide in me how much they hate the naming ceremonies that go on forever, how they want to leave but have to find a way to do it not to anger, yes to not loose friends and also not to lose their standing, they have learned how to manipulat him. But time and again, you see people who are honest get kicked out. Delete, next.

I was there when a girl was sharing with Moo that her parents felt she was in a cult and she was stuck because she loved him but didn't want to hurt them. He said "don't give up your chance for freedom for anyone" and the line he uses is to say we are a sect, an insect.

Bottom line. It's just what was said if you are truly devoted to truth, you will see past it. You will see you are being taken for a ride. But you will also see you were "take-able" and it's not your fault. It's where you were. And yes I never thought I was signing up for gas lighting, group think gone wrong, mind control and yet I did because I made him an idol. My bad and yes also shitting on his part. He does know better. And yet that's it. So much pain for people is caused by him but people also get a lot of benefit. It's a ride and I would never ride it again, never. He makes me a bit sick actually. But man oh man did I adore him once upon a time in never never land.

The bubble pops. It's just a matter of time. And when it does, if you are a true devotee to truth itself, you are fine and wiser for it.

But this is really helpful and I wish everyone, Moo fans and Moo nonfans....all the best. I have been both.

Date: January 31, 2019 12:58AM

It's hard to dismiss conspiracy type claims when Moo is NOT transparent. Typo above.

Date: January 31, 2019 01:17AM

Finally,

I think an example of my perception of his lack of compassion might help. I saw many, many instances of it. But as a fan you are led to believe that everything he says is perfect somehow.

Example,

A woman wrote in to ask Moo to stop haunting her, she sees him everywhere, she needs him to let her go, she has nightmares, etc.

Moo said "I'm glad this got in here so you can see the type of mentally ill people I have to deal with" then

He said, who is this? He looked at the email address and read her entire full name.

This was also put out on video.

Now tell me. If a person actually feels this way, if they have mental health issues, how is his response compassionate? Her anonymity taken. He didn't address her issue. He made it about him. "Poor me"

For all I know she killed herself from that.

No this is wrong, folks. Perhaps, Deadly wrong.

Current Page: 68 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.