Current Page: 12 of 13
Indigo and Crystal Children
Posted by: Mushroomsoup ()
Date: July 13, 2006 07:54AM

I am just surprised that James Tyman has gotten so big with out real media critique. There is all sorts of articles disputing the relevancy of "indigos" etc but nothing looking into Tyman's background and shady character to reveal the scam behind this. He was also a part of another big scam in Chicago where he promised cancer patients that they would be visited by one of the Chicago Bulls if they paid money. He got the money but of course no Chicago Bulls showed up because it was a scam. There must be information on him at the Chicago District Attorney's office on him because he was involved in multiple scams of this sort. And he was caught. This newage scam obviously is more profitable because just how naive a lot of new agers are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lifestyle ()
Date: July 13, 2006 08:56AM

Mushroomsoup
I have personally met Mr. Tyman years ago and can contest that he is 100 percent pure snake oil. He was literally asked to leave the city of Chicago for fraudulent activities selling advertisments to local businesses and not delivering a product. The only difference with this fraud is he actually made millions instead of thousands. The real sick aspect of this is that now his fraud doesn't just exploit adults but is really mass child abuse.

Can you give us more details? Who asked him to leave? Does he have a criminal record there? Etc., etc.

Thanks.

Posted by: Mushroomsoup ()
Date: July 14, 2006 05:12AM

From what I understand he was involved in different scams. The District Attorney ask him to leave. There may be a record of this information at the District Attorneys office. One of the scams involved offering visits to cancer patients from the Chicago Bulls, in which the Bulls never showed up and he kept the money. This is all I know about it.

Posted by: Lifestyle ()
Date: July 14, 2006 02:09PM

Mushroomsoup
From what I understand he was involved in different scams. The District Attorney ask him to leave. There may be a record of this information at the District Attorneys office. One of the scams involved offering visits to cancer patients from the Chicago Bulls, in which the Bulls never showed up and he kept the money. This is all I know about it.

I'm not defending James Twyman; I don't trust him either, but since you're the one who posted this accusation on the Internet, that he was"literally" kicked out of Chicago by the AG for...which is it? for selling advertisements and not delivering? for not delivering on a charity for cancer patients? then you should be the one to see if it can be verified or substantiated.

Thanks.

Posted by: morganbaugher ()
Date: August 18, 2006 03:59PM

My father believes that I am a crystal or indigo child, or a mixture of both. I would agree with him, but while he does I don't believe that it makes me higher or more of a supreme being than others without the intuitive abilities that I have. My parents raised me with strict disipline (spankings, time outs, groundings) because after all I was still a child. I needed to be taught how to interact with the general public, I still needed to be taught that certain things were not right. I was the most well-behaved and quiet child out of my parnets 5 children. I didn't need a lot of discipline, until my younger brother came along. At this time, I was starting to talk (I didn't for most of my young years) and I started becoming aware of more things around me, I was starting to learn important things about human social life. I was very unsure of my brother. He wasn't like me, but I felt as if he knew my vulnerabilitiesas if I made them to open to him, and it made me untrusting of him. I felt as if he was a threat to my way of life, and I knew things were about to change. Thus far my father had me to believe that I was special that I was supernatural; but then why was my little brother getting the attention, why was he so happy, why was I being forgotten. I became jealous, he didn't have to deal with the same hard things that I did, and I began to take my frustration out on him, sometimes even violently (this was before I was ever spanked) but it did cause my parents to start spanking me. I don't remember exactly what it felt like to be spanked but I know it set my mind straight. The fact is, I may have been more inuitive, and I knew that it was wrong and that it was hurting my brother and my parents, but I was still just a child no matter how misunderstood or confused, and I needed the steady hand to help me interact with people not like me. The spanking may have hurt for a nano second, but it opened up my mind to realizing WHY it was wrong, why is it SO wrong that my parents would lay their hand on me. the discipline I have recieved has made me a better person. Although rarely I get a streak of jealousy or greed, and I do not usually understand Why I am, I understand why I need to release that negative energy in a positive way (such as sports. writing, reading) indigo/cyrstal children's intuitive abilities also allow them to be more vulnerable to the negative engery people have, and at some point in their lives they WILL come in contact with these energies, and need to learn how to deal with it, and they need to know that it is wrong, just like every child.

And also to adress the crystal/indigo child nametag
yes I may be easily able to tell what people are feeling and sometimes thinking,, and have an intense connection with nature, and have a great sense of purpose and self worth, and some of you would say that I am one of these children, and that I am supposed to help the world evolve. Well aren't we ALL going to help the world evolve? while I may help people evolve on a more spiritual and communicative level, others help us move forward by exploring the past, exploring space, exploring the earth, exploring medicine, exploring the after-life and religion, some people will help us move forward by leading others to be the best they can, some by reaching people in all corners of the globe and learning from them, and sadly some will help the world by doing awful deeds I cannot even fathom, deeds that however hard they may be teach us to keep moving and to teach us how NOT to act. some people will simply help by being part of the mass work force and pushing on; the egyptians would have never finished the pyramids without the stone-pulllers. No matter how small one person seems they are just as important in the big picture, and we are ALL going to help the human race move along to the next stage of awerness, and life. Children of all facets must still be taught to interact with others no matter how different they are, because the fact of the matter is that we are ALL different, and no one difference is BETTER than another. You should not teach your child that is gifted in this area that they in any sense better, you should teach them that they have a gift just like every other child, and that even though at times it hard you need to be able to communicate with people on their level as well, not just on yours. A child with the gift of music must be able to play more than one genre, while it is perfectly fine to favor one, in order to refine their gift to make it the best it can be. children with the gift of communication, need to realize not everyone will agree with the fact that they have a certain degree of psychic ability, and that some people do not appreciate it, but would rather have a completely verbal and visual conversation. They don't have to prefer these people, but in order to be able to communicate better with everyone, must be able to handle themselves around these people.

Posted by: thunderbyrd ()
Date: November 05, 2006 02:21PM

Morgan: i am very interested in this. could you explain more about your intense connection with nature?

i find the whole indigo phenomenom fascinating.

Posted by: CultEduMod ()
Date: November 05, 2006 02:48PM

Here is a link to some skeptical information about the term Indigo Child.
[skepdic.com]

Posted by: thunderbyrd ()
Date: December 15, 2006 01:34PM

i wish to "bump" this post back to the front to see if any "indigo children" will write any further replys or information. this is a subject i am very interested in. i have read about all the internet has to say, i am interested in communications with people who are or are supposed to be "indigos".

Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: December 15, 2006 03:27PM

I was really interested in reading through this whole thread but I couldn't get through all the off topic counter debates. Still I think I skimmed past a few good points and interesting links.

According to the basic criteria I am an Indigo child :shock: Silly me I've been thinking all this time it was just called personality??

I just don't think that the concept was invented (or well promoted anyway) during my childhood though (I was born in 1979)

[www.culteducation.com]

born after 1975

Simple acts, like waiting in lines, drive them crazy

They are highly sensitive individuals

(Indigo children) are angry at the state of the world

Energy like Tomy's can make teachers pull their hair out and parents throw up their hands

[b:64d8adc1a2]I must be an Indigo child!!![/color:64d8adc1a2][/b:64d8adc1a2] :shock:

I especially like this trait...

[skepdic.com]

They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).

I have a brother that is just 10 months younger than me and when he was b@s#^d of a kid. They called it hyperactivity then. ADHD came along later.

Just take a look at the history of psychiatry, there may not be any aliens in there, but it is just as full of snake oil salesman and *bs* artists, unqualified 'experts' and faith above reasoning as anything on these pages.

Freud invented psychiatry and a huge part of his analysis and reasoning was dream interpretation and he related everything to sex. He actually endorsed and assisted in the practice of a theory that you could remove part of a person's nose in order to cure various conditions.

[query.nytimes.com]

If such ideas as the basis of psychiatry were being perpetuated in the name of religion or faith they would be branded a dangerous and destructive cult and anyone advocating on their behalf would likely be rewarded with a flurry of skeptic links.

Not that there is not genuine psychiatric disorders or that I sugguest it is an invalid profession but extremes of blind faith in either direction can't be a good thing.

Did anyone ever think that the rise of psychiatry diagnosing [i:64d8adc1a2]everything[/i:64d8adc1a2] as a disorder and dishing out drugs for it is probably where all this New Age ideology stems from???

BTW New Age is a total misnomer and an Americanism. Crack open a history book please. The vast majority of 'New Age' ideas are actually Vedic which are the oldest writings in the world. Being they are from India which is predominately spiritual culture they do have a spiritual foundation - but the concept that something is new therefore just made up is easily refuted and this ability to present conflicting knowledge to the current erroneous belief is a major tool of recruiters for Eastern based cults. Nearly every 'new age' idea is derived from some concept in the Vedas - astrology, witchcraft, ghosts and demons, natural therapies, UFOs, aliens, auras, visions, metaphysics etc. etc.

I wouldn't be suprised if there is some reference to a chosen generation along the lines of Indigo children in there somewhere.

Posted by: seasonsoflove ()
Date: December 18, 2006 07:51PM

Hello,
I was involved in quite a busy internet group for people who consider themselves "indigo adults," until I came to my senses.

What had attracted me to the group was my interest in spirituality and desire to possibly meet and network with like-minded people. There is a list going around the internet of "25 characteristics of indigo adults" and I thought "hey, that sounds like me" so I figured it would not hurt to join an internet group about indigos and learn more...

...I deeply regret dirtying my hands with such horse crap. There is much rhetoric about how "bright" these indigos are, and I saw nothing of the like in this group. Topics that were discussed included how souls who once lived in the lost city of Atlantis are now reincarnating and how they identify one another, UFO abductions and aliens impregnating Earth women (and how indigos may actually be related to aliens!), demons entering their bodies, and one colorful character wondering if anyone else in the group had read a 5,000 year old book which had left him feeling "rejuvenated." I was tempted to tell this poor soul that printing presses were not around 5,000 years ago but decided logical reasoning would be too much and a waste of time in this case...

Most, as a matter of fact almost all new members would introduce themselves, and get into a long-winded story of how they were abused as children. Others in the group would respond that as indigos we must endure abuse and suffer so that we more easily empathize with other abuse victims and can better help them. However, I feel the predominance of such child abuse stories reflect one of two things:
1. In a nutshell, the person is saying "mommy and daddy didn't love me, little do they know though I'm special! or 2. the person is looking for sympathy because they are pushing some sort of agenda, probably trying to sell something.

The most disturbing and disgusting thing to me about the forum was the fact that it was not a place to learn at all. It is more or less a group of new age know-it-alls. Unless you're going to praise them, or pretend to be impressed by their silliness then there is no point in responding to any of the posts on the forum. Again, it is not a place to learn and obviously not a place where intelligent conversation is appreciated.

If this is what indigo children grow up to be I don't see how they could "save the world."

I am actually a bit concerned about some of the people who would related stories of terrible child abuse... if it is true... what could possibly compel someone to tell this to an internet group of perfect strangers? Sounds like they need help and are far from receiving it. There are also a lot of people on the list with mental disorders who feel they were misdiagnosed because after all, they're indigos and what the heck to doctors know about that?

I truly hope such people get the medical attention they need... I suppose in this sense (substituting the reality of their mental illness with this whacky indigo crap) the "indigo movement" can be indeed seen as a sort of cult. Not to mention, hey how easy would it be to tell someone, who honestly believes he is half human and half alien, to drink some kool-aid and join his people...?

Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.