Current Page: 3 of 13
Indigo and Crystal Children
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: May 21, 2006 11:22PM

f0rTyLeGz

Gulab Jamon: Indigo Children" and their ilk are spoiled children who have never even had an adult tell them the word "no".
Prove it!

Can YOU prove the existence of "indigo children"?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 22, 2006 02:12AM

Acid Reindeer

what makes ADHD and better descriptor than Indigo Child, then?

Parents who accept an ADHD diagnosis are more likely to accept ADHD treatment options which actually have some scietific proof behind them that they help children.
Love
Kath

Posted by: barabara ()
Date: May 22, 2006 02:45AM

Gulab wrote:

Nobody was talking about beating and child abuse, and no one in their right mind would argue that child abuse is a good thing. There is a BIG difference between a beating and simply administering 1 spank or slap to stop a young child from doing something.

Not true. A slap in the face [b:7a544e57ec]is[/b:7a544e57ec] considered child abuse by today's psychiatric standards, and possibly legal standards as well. Furthermore, some theorists consider slapping to be covert sexual abuse as the face is thought to represent gender. (I could also mention bare-bottom spankings in reference to covert sexual abuse.)

It is curious that so many people have lashed out against the "indigo" children" as a result of this theory and recommend hitting them.

Why is the anger directed against the children rather than the adults?
Is it possible that thoose who lash out at these children were themselves slapped and hit as children?

Posted by: f0rTyLeGz ()
Date: May 22, 2006 05:50AM

Gulab Jamon
f0rTyLeGz

Gulab Jamon: Indigo Children" and their ilk are spoiled children who have never even had an adult tell them the word "no".
Prove it!

Can YOU prove the existence of "indigo children"?
You seem to accept their existence, but in the same vein, can you prove the existence of white bread?

Posted by: f0rTyLeGz ()
Date: May 22, 2006 05:56AM

barbara:
It is curious that so many people have lashed out against the "indigo" children" as a result of this theory and recommend hitting them.

Why is the anger directed against the children rather than the adults?
Is it possible that thoose who lash out at these children were themselves slapped and hit as children?

www.psychohistory.com www.nospank.com [www.naturalchild.com]

Posted by: barabara ()
Date: May 22, 2006 10:48AM

[www.naturalchild.com]

(paraphrased from link above)
Aggressors often victimize their own children. This abuse is considered "education" by society, and therefore appropriate. By beating their own children, parents avoid feeling the abuse they suffered from their own parents.

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: May 22, 2006 11:09PM

kath
Acid Reindeer

Parents who accept an ADHD diagnosis are more likely to accept ADHD treatment options which actually have some scietific proof behind them that they help children.
Love
Kath

"Preteen Use of Ritalin Increase Depression", according to studies with rats. pretty much what you would expect if you gave rats (or children) a regular dose of an amphetamine. I feel very strongly about this, having gotten given Ritalin myself.

the education system hasn't adjusted themselves to the children, it adjusts the children to the education system. rather than stream children according to their attention span and learning styles, they have Ritalin.

under the Soviets, the state schools dictated that left-handed students must use their right hands at all times. I would use a more serious example if I could think of one.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: May 22, 2006 11:20PM

Acid Reindeer
kath
Acid Reindeer

Love
Kath

"Preteen Use of Ritalin Increase Depression", according to studies with rats. pretty much what you would expect if you gave rats (or children) a regular dose of an amphetamine. I feel very strongly about this, having gotten given Ritalin myself.

the education system hasn't adjusted themselves to the children, it adjusts the children to the education system. rather than stream children according to their attention span and learning styles, they have Ritalin.

under the Soviets, the state schools dictated that left-handed students must use their right hands at all times. I would use a more serious example if I could think of one.

Sigh, this discussion has become stupidly simplified and polarized in a way that is beneficial to the Indigo dupes.

two things can be equally true...

1. Our societal systems for dealing with children, corporal punishment included are far from perfect. Sometimes psychiatric drugs are over-prescibed. The fact that there are few Indigo skeptics in the discussion willing to agree to this point cedes the entire argument to the Indigo types.

2. The Indigo PARENTS (agree, the kids are the victims here) are going to really regret a lifetime of non-discipline, never telling the kids they're wrong, never saying "no". Discipline and authority do not necessarily imply physical brutality. I know plenty of parents ( I live in an area filled with New Agers) who, if not Indigo partisans, have rejected nearly ALL forms of correction for their children. Put simply, their kids behave horribly with no self-control. They run the show and their parents are just "facilitators" for their little rampages. It is disgusting. The kids are often home-schooled and sheltered from any realities of the world. They wake up whenever they want, eat whatever they want, watch whatever they want, and run roughshod all over their parents. They are years behind their peers in academic subjects and can't even hold simple teen type jobs, like working in a carwash or bussing tables. If you are prepared to watch your kids at home well into their adult years, well, the Indigo path is the way to go for you!

Date: May 22, 2006 11:47PM

f0rTyLeGz

[www.naturalchild.com]

I've read plenty of Alice Miller, FYI. I agree with much of what she has to say. I am very offended that you and others are accusing me of supporting child abuse. I never said any such thing.

Date: May 22, 2006 11:49PM

f0rTyLeGz
You seem to accept their existence, but in the same vein, can you prove the existence of white bread?

HUH? I certainly DON'T accept the existence of indigo children - on the contrary. You seem to lack basic reading comprehension.

And I have no idea what the white bread has to do with anything.

Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.