Current Page: 8 of 13
Indigo and Crystal Children
Date: May 28, 2006 09:15AM

I always disagreed with the assumption that "different" meant "pathological".

Some kids, (and adults), are more highly active than others.
Some like to stay up late at night, and some are more sensitive.
Maybe they drive their parents crazy, but are themselves emotionally healthy.
Indigos or not, does that mean they're sick, and in need of therapy?
I think not always.

Amen, barabara! :wink:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 28, 2006 09:06PM

I guess I have a hard time understanding why anyone would view the indigo thing as a belief system.

And then "living the questions" says:

No, there is no proof. But if you look at the evolution of man (and woman) you see that the only constant is change. New ways perceiving, new ways of thinking, one generation after the next, one century after the next.

"No proof" combined with the statement that "Indigo" is a new way of "perceiving" and "thinking" makes it a belief.

Being a member of a race, having a higher IQ or aptitude can be measured. But being "Indigo" is apparently like being a Republican or a Buddhist, it's something you believe in and then say you are.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 28, 2006 10:45PM

it's a whole other language made up of buzz words and concepts alien to normal life too.
Can't be good for people and their ability to chat and interact socially with 'normal' people.
Love
Kath

Posted by: barabara ()
Date: May 28, 2006 11:59PM

What do you mean by "normal"?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 29, 2006 12:53AM

Barabara:

It isn't "normal" to parade around as an "Indigo" claiming that it means anything other than a subjective belief.

Date: May 29, 2006 01:03AM

I meant normal in as much as the sort of everyday chat you would have at a bus stop or in a supermarket queue:)

Love
Kath

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: May 29, 2006 01:43AM

abnormal doesn't mean bad. a normal white resident of Atlanta in 1850 would have had no problem with slavery.

Posted by: barabara ()
Date: May 29, 2006 01:47AM

It occurs to me that the children called "indigos" have been discussed here as having ADHD; in other words, abnormal.

Suggestions have been made that they need therapy, medication, or at least a good spanking.
This is the point of my "wrangling", as you call it.

I suppose a person's definition of "normal" would depend upon their social milieu.

Who, exactly, sets the standards for normality, anyway?

Among the people I am acquainted with, the "indigo" type child seems to me to be accepted as normal. Most of them aren't being medicated, either.

Date: May 29, 2006 01:59AM

No human is normal it's true- a large percentage have had breakdowns, have a spiritual life or some such.

But what marks someone out as healthy to me is if they can chat to a stranger in public without mentioning an indigo, energies, psychism or whatever their particular obsession is etc unless the other person brings it up.

Even if an indigo could manage this, I imagine their beliefs would make them feel quite isolated in their head and they might feel that they had nothing in common with the normal person.

Then the danger is that an indigo or new ager would only hang out with other indigos.

In this case, I mean normal as opposed to indigo. I don't know what the correct new age term would be-

a Beige Child?:)

Love
Kath

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: May 29, 2006 02:16AM

barabara
It occurs to me that the children called "indigos" have been discussed here as having ADHD; in other words, abnormal

until around thirty years ago the American Psychiatric Association also defined defined homosexuality as a disorder.

Who, exactly, sets the standards for normality, anyway?

each and every one of us. however those with media access and political and economic influence get to weigh the consensus.

Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.