Current Page: 6 of 13
Indigo and Crystal Children
Posted by: barabara ()
Date: May 25, 2006 09:02AM

[www.nealedonaldwalsch.com]

I found this; Walsch's own website.
Now we won't have to speculate about what he has to say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 25, 2006 11:22PM

They are not likely to mention anything likely to be contraversial in his promotial website.

Lots of websites replicate the same extracts.

Google is your friend:)
Love
Kath

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: May 26, 2006 12:39AM

barabara

Perhaps a site that actually has a page from his book? Or even a paragraph?
Sorry, had to run and didn't have time to dig out the link I was looking for. I was thinking the first result would be an interview with Larry King and Walsch and you would see it. Here it is...

[www.inner-growth.info]

KING: I mean, we'd all agree that Hitler was evil.

WALSCH: Yes, we might all agree on that.

KING: Might?

WALSCH: Yes -- well, indeed. Indeed, I think within the context of our human experience we would, of course, agree that Hitler was evil. But supposing -- just supposing -- God said, I'm going to send a soul to the earth to show humanity to itself for the purpose of lifting humanity above what it had become and what it had sunk to. Supposing I gave an assignment to a soul. You're going to go down there and you're going to be the worst of it. And the end result will be that the human race will lift itself at least one notch above that and never again go there.
(later in the transcript)
.... KING: Neale wanted to add something on -- on -- about Hitler, elaborate a little bit.

WALSCH: Well, you know, Larry, I want to be real sensitive to this. This is a very sensitive question, of course, and I don't want to be perceived as having made light of what happened during the Hitler experience. But what God said to me in the dialogue among many comments about Hitler -- because he talked about Hitler in the book a lot, actually -- but one of the most important things he said about Hitler was, Neale, he said, the horror of the Hitler experience was not only that a Hitler came along, but that so many people went along. Not only that Hitler killed millions of Jews but that millions of Jews had to be killed for Hitler to be stopped. There's a lesson here. And the lesson is that there's a little bit of Hitler in all of us. And wiping out a people is a wiping out of people, whether at Auschwitz or at Wounded Knee.

KING: There are degrees, though.

Here is an NY Times article on the Indigo phenomenon.

[www.theindigoevolution.com]

Also, if you doubt that this is being packaged as "superior generation here to save us from ourselves", please read the Indigo's own website!

ave they come to save the world?
Or are they the product of wishful imaginations?

"Whatever you call them, (Indigo's or something else) our children are coming into the world with their eyes wide open, ready to play their role in creating a world of compassion and peace. Are we witnessing a major leap in human evolution, what Jean Houston calls "Jump Time?" Many people believe that we are on the brink of a global awakening, and that the Indigo Children are here to show us our highest potential. In "The INDIGO Evolution," you will hear from leading experts from around the world that this is much more than an imaginary fancy. The Children are real, and they are changing the world. Director James Twyman takes us on a journey into one of the most important questions of our day: "Has the human race finally evolved to a higher reality?"

Date: May 26, 2006 02:22AM

Whatever you call them, (Indigo's or something else) our children are coming into the world with their eyes wide open, ready to play their role in creating a world of compassion and peace.
I don't see anyone saying that any particular group is inferior, or the cause of the world's problems, as during the Third Reich.

Shakti states on the previous page:

If you do not understand the political implications of such a philosophy, I would urge you do to some reading about the history of the Third Reich.

A book I enjoyed that deals with the psychology of Hitler and the German people was Erich Fromm's "An Anatomy of Human Destructiveness". It talks about the denial of the German populace, and why they allowed Hitler to commit his atrocities.
Perhaps this is what Walsch means by saying that "so many people went along with it".

Fromm speaks as well about the human tendency to create scapegoats.

Where are the scapegoats in this movement? If you can produce one, I will take what is being said more seriously.

The excerpt above doesn't really point to anyone trying to create a "master race" akin to that attempted by Hitler, at least not to me.

The dangers of the Indigo children concept are (IMO) that the children will be damaged by growing up feeling like they are "more special" than others, not learning self-discipline, and will suffer the results of having such a heavy burden placed upon them by their parents and others.
It is a set-up for failure and guilt.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 26, 2006 03:30AM

Thanks for posting the links and interview extract, shakti.

As soon as people start saying any one group is elite, they stray into 'cult' territory.
Love
Kath

Date: May 26, 2006 06:39AM

At the risk of posting an opinion which may prove to be unpopular, I have to say that I still have seen nothing on any of the posted links that resembles the Third Reich, Hitler's propaganda, or anything hinting at a "master race".

As I said before, however, I find it disturbing that Dahn Yoga is involved in the indigo movement. I know nothing about the other participants.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 26, 2006 10:31PM

If the so-called "Indigo Children" are special and/or gifted this could easily be tested as it is with any "gifted children."

However, no objective scientific evidence to substantiate these claims has ever been provided that I am aware of.

If "Indigo Children" are in fact "gifted," this could be demonstrated through a battery of tests regarding intelligence and a range of aptitude concerning various areas.

There is some controversy about such testing, but it is generally accepted that intelligence and aptitude can be measured objectively and proven.

Here is an interesting article about this subject.

See [www.apa.org]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 26, 2006 10:42PM

**Note I am not at this time one of the moderators..I retired from the job last year but the title still shows up on my posts. To the current moderators..thanks for all your hard work.)

([i:56c8e46fa2]Reader Michael Hopkins shares this with us. He was not raised as an Indigo, but had been brought up to believe he had psychic capacities.)[/i:56c8e46fa2]

'I grew up in a house where people claimed to see disembodied spirits, live with spirit guides, read minds, did whatever that load of people do when they hold jewelry and tell you about the owner. I dealt with psychics and indulged heavily in the 70's proclivity for "warm fuzzies."

'I can't tell you how many years it took me to rid myself of that very harmful claptrap.

I'm an intelligent fellow, but to live since childhood convinced that you're surrounded by unseen beings (you could see if you'd just tune in) and forces that drive every single atom to some purposeful end, driven by the infinite battle between good and evil, to which you yourself must play a fated part (it will become clear to you when you can get in touch with your past lives. That's when it will all become evident) — well, I can probably add up the years where that sort of thing destroyed my emotional stability — as well as my drive to live in this world and do something with this life — and I'd make it ten, at least.

'I didn't begin to live until I learned to trust my observation and intelligence over my upbringing and exposures to all that nonsense. Only it isn't just nonsense, is it? It's harmful, dangerous, and destructive.

'Others around us set up shop and taught courses in this stuff for something akin to $250 per person. Nice bit of change. I suppose I could have made a handy living, had I not been restrained by the knowledge that I was somehow unable to do those things, had I not somehow — who knows how or why — been born with an ethical underpinning that makes it very difficult for me to lie, and more difficult to cheat people, no matter how gullible they are or even how much I dislike them.

'Somewhere right now, there's a kid (thousands or hundreds of thousands, really) who is being indoctrinated into these things by people who he or she trusts and believes. A schism is developing because love and devotion can't undo the observation that these things aren't really happening. The child is terrified by the unseen or terrified that there isn't an unseen to be terrified by. The alternative is parents who are not to be trusted in the most basic and fundamental ways. If the child forces himself or herself to believe, the love for the parent can remain intact, whole, and the parent can be admired, looked up to, revered.

'Well, that's my theory anyway, born from experience. My mother, whom I have no contact with these days, used to pop up from her slouched sitting position and stare amazedly as Nefertiti (Yeah, Akhenaten's wife) walked through our kitchen. No one else saw Nefertiti, of course, but mom had this connection: she said she used to be a prostitute in ancient Egypt. Automatic writing yielded that little item, but I can't quite figure out how the queen of Egypt was connected with a common Egyptian prostitute. Must be those enigmatic fates at work again, eh?

'As an aside, not one of these enlightened, spiritually guided people lived a happy life. Not one that I can count. Eventually belief, love, and fuzzies crumbled for all of them. None walked away with any benefit from the self-deceptions. Misery, loss, hate. That's what the spirit guides failed to warn them of; that's what the white light couldn't bathe away.

But I'll bet they're all still intrigued and take fleeting hope and succor from John and Sylvia. (Two celebrity psychics)

(unquote)

You can read Hopkins' account here

[www.randi.org]

This article by Karen McLaren, a former New Age teacher who later changed careers is also very interesting.

[www.csicop.org]

Date: May 27, 2006 02:44AM

I also believe that calling children"emmissaries from God", attributing a special mission and special powers to them and allowing them to run roughshod over everyone is very foolish and can only result in harm.

[www.geniusdenied.com]

But, [b:7586c601f6]if the artistic achievements of the children are not an invention of those who put up the websites[/b:7586c601f6], they are undeniably gifted. I for one am sceptical.
One example is this child:

[www.artakiane.com]

Yes, it is possible to test for high intelligence and other traits.

Moderators:
Do you have any concrete evidence to show that the indigo movement is similar to Hitler, the Third Reich, or is attempting to create a "master race"?
I am seriously interested.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 27, 2006 02:55AM

Just seems foolish nothing sinister.

Current Page: 6 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.