Current Page: 33 of 297
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: March 06, 2008 07:50AM

Just to be clear for those coming here who may not be all that internet savvy... This is the definition of a troll, according to Wikipedia:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: March 06, 2008 07:58AM

Yeah, I think troll even more specifically in the case of this Board means someone sent from an LGAT specifically to defend it or drive the wedge into the conversation so that people reading the thread who are "on the fence" feel they might "get some value" out of going to a meeting or seminar, and everyone on this Board is just reactionary or "wants" to hate the LGAT for some personal reason.

That's what I've seen, anyway.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Jon Willis,
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 06, 2008 08:43AM

and if an open conversation is causing very serious problems for the Powers That Be due to the open discussion...
...they can and will even send very highly skilled people to slide-in and contact people privately and work on them too, in very subtle unconscious ways, using all the unconscious Triggers of the group from the past.

Sometimes possibly even the leader himself/herself will post what appear to be not so veiled hypnotic or religious statements...this thread comes to mind about a secretive group named Royal Way, Jacumba, lead by a Michael Gottlieb. Check out the thread if you can...its very revealing...

comment by "Paprika"
"But do you know what happened to Judas after his betrayal? Maybe you should find out."
[forum.culteducation.com]

Royal Way/Jacumba/Ranch/Michael

vlinden
Yeah, I think troll even more specifically in the case of this Board means someone sent from an LGAT specifically to defend it or drive the wedge into the conversation

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) exposed
Date: March 06, 2008 08:46AM

Of course, I hope JJ has not left us permanently, and will continue to share those valuable viewpoints somehow in a way that makes the best sense.

Perhaps we should all take some of JJ's good advice to heart in these threads as time goes on.

Over time other former members and families will probably also have their personal viewpoints and experiences to share as well.

Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: March 06, 2008 09:03AM

Well I suppose we all could be nicer to the folks we think are trolls, let them know we think they're trolls, and ask them kindly to please stop trolling?

I did wonder for moment about Jon Willis contacting JJ privately and saying things to her that seemed different from what he said on this thread. Unless I'm mistaken, I just don't remember him saying anything that seemed he was looking for answers or having problems with BK. But I also don't know exactly what he said to her because she didn't feel comfortable sharing it.

I too hope JJ didn't leave permanently. That would be a big loss to the Board.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) - Jon Willis
Date: March 06, 2008 09:37AM

vlinden
I did wonder for moment about Jon Willis contacting JJ privately and saying things to her that seemed different from what he said on this thread. Unless I'm mistaken, I just don't remember him saying anything that seemed he was looking for answers or having problems with BK. But I also don't know exactly what he said to her because she didn't feel comfortable sharing it.
It sure did seem that he had absolutely no problem with Byron Katie when he posted, but presented himself differently to JJ in private. Tres suspicious to me.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) embedded hypnotic metaphor self-defence
Date: March 06, 2008 10:01AM

The Anticult
(here is a counter-Induction, notice I tell you first!)
-------------------------
In your MIND, take that vase of flowers, replant the flowers in the garden and set them free...now...mentally shrink a yapping Byron Katie down into the size of her little pet cockroach, and then trap mini-katie in her own clear Vase, and put a cork in it on the top, and glue it down, with Superglue. So now mini-katie is the size of her katie cockroach from 1986 that never happened, and is trapped in the vase, still yacking away at the walls, but there is NO SOUND, no nothing. She yacking, but its all nice and silent and QUIET...Now mini-katie is contained....for eternity...
This is friggin' hilarious.

On top of being a useful counter-induction.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) embedded hypnotic metaphor self-defence
Date: March 06, 2008 11:08AM

not too be too too anal
...but its always important to END these types of metaphorical self-trance images, to bring them to a conclusion...so they don't stay somewhat "frozen" in the mind. Its really just Active Imagination...which is a type of self-hypnosis...each person is very unique...and sometimes a person can do the images repeatedly...and modify them.
(if any powerful emotions are triggered, make sure to see a licensed professional first)

so here is the link to the full-text...

One thing for everyone who reads this to always keep in mind everytime they see or hear Byron Katie speak for the rest of their lives is...

(that was an embedded command...you will always remember it....another one...) ;-)

everything Byron Katie says and her images has a double-meaning, at least.
Byron Katie is simply using it as a hypnotic metaphor, for influencing your Unconscious.
Its not about the Mid-East at all...
Its that Byron Katie wants YOU to BECOME LIKE a vase of flowers to HER...passive, open, pretty, receptive...to Byron Katie.

And who is the Terror in this metaphor? (guess who!)
And who is the passive Vase of Flowers? (you)

Byron Katie is not a vase of flowers. She is a highly aggressive abusive global entrepreneur of metaphorical stories, that is, waking hypnosis, and many other things. It really all makes perfect sense when looked at completely.

So yes, we should NOT be like a vase of flowers to allow hypnotic terrorists into our minds.

(here is a counter-Induction, notice I tell you first!)
-------------------------
In you MIND, take that vase of flowers, replant the flowers in the garden and set them free...now...mentally shrink a yapping Byron Katie down into the size of her little pet cockroach, and then trap mini-katie in her own clear Vase, and put a cork in it on the top, and glue it down, with Superglue. So now mini-katie is the size of her katie cockroach from 1986 that never happened, and is trapped in the vase, still yacking away at the walls, but there is NO SOUND, no nothing. She yacking, but its all nice and silent and QUIET...Now mini-katie is contained....for eternity...
Now YOU can decide what to do with the powerless mini-katie trapped in the katie-vase for eternity. Trust your own Unconscious...maybe the katie-vase will be put into a glass furnace and dis-assembled forever...or thrown into a volcano on Uranus, or into the sun...yeah...that's a good one...the little vase is launched into space by throwing it with your powerful arm..and drifts into the sun and is a tiny speck of nothing that is vaporised instantly into utter complete nothingness...and we are all free again...free at last...free at last..free at last...all is right with the Cosmos again...silence, and peace...simple happiness...and just being a person...its great to be a person...free...and the Sun is shining brightly now...today is a good day to be alive and be A Human, a real Mensch ... :-)

-------------------------------------
So anyone can use these types of imaginal metaphors back on themselves, and do it in a healthy way. That being said, with trauma, sometimes some very "intense" imagery is needed. Please see a trained licensed professional for that type of work. There is some information out there about IRRT, Imagery Rescripting & Reprocessing Therapy.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) - Jon Willis
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: March 06, 2008 11:24AM

jj52
The Shadow
jj52
jj,

I think I am frank and civil; i express my anger, I do not use foul language and name-calling (well, maybe sometimes i do) . I don't think i am "defensive".

Then why are you defending yourself to me? If you think this doesn't apply to you, why respond at all?
Dear JJ,
Why not respond? - this is an open forum, i'm not defending myself, i'm expressing my opinion, and like you, entering into the dialogue.
- Shad

I simply speak my mind. If I am cross I am cross, and I don't pretend otherwise, and send mixed messages. I think the only way to remain authentic is to be congruent in one's speach and actions. (sometimes the truth does hurt, sorry, but that is reality - OFTEN it hurts me when someone expresses a truth about me that I really don't want to hear. But in time i learn from that.)

Really? Did it hurt when I said that the group... pardon me, forum... was embarrassing and uncivil? Is that why everyone is taking turns picking me apart and defending themselves? Did I hurt you all?

NOPE, i did not feel at all hurt, because I know that I was not being uncivil. And even reading all your messages in bold here, i am neither hurt or angry, my first inclination was to chuckle, and shake my head in bemusement, then sigh, because it seems to me that you have not heard what I was trying to say, and i know where your anger is coming from, i HAVE heard it all before, and i truly am sorry that you are suffering so, and sincerely hope that you will be able to find some resolution soon.

Aww. If you can't take it, then why do you dish it out?

now you are just plain attacking me, jj, but not to worry, I can take it, i understand that you are lashing out at me because you are hurt, but i really do think you should be lashing out at the LGATs, not me, however, THAT is your choice.

Jon, in your opinion was civil, in my opinion there is nothing civil when people approach me with a hidden agenda, and i will continue to call them on that. If I don't speak to that I am giving people tacit permission to take advantage of me. Age and EXPERIENCE has taught me to "read between the lines" - fortunately for charlatans I am very good at that! At no time did i get the impression that Jon was willing to learn, he would say something to that effect, then end with "but", followed by his opinion.

Apparently, I have a lot more understanding and compassion for Jon's situation because I've actually been there, entrenched in The Work. You all keep saying what a mind-warp it is, but you haven't experienced it. Jon was a victim of that. He came here to learn.

- ah huh, some of what you say here is true, however, again, you are assuming that I have not had any experience with LGATs. Assuming incorrectly, i might add. - Shad

I have no doubt he will come back; probably under a different name, and saying the same old stuff..

I seriously doubt it. He's a lot less willing to put up with this stuff than I am.
- well, jj, that's certainly his choice. - Shad

You say: ".. and maybe he felt the need to convince himself that his perception was all right by seeking validation from us. Who knows?" I really don't know what exactly you mean by this. Not sure why he would seek validation from a forum that is so obviously a "cult-buster" forum.

Because he wanted to know if Byron Katie's School really was a cult. He had only had "good" experiences, but he wanted to know if he was involved in something that was hurting people. He'd never been to the School.

Please point me in the direction of when and where he asked this question. I did not see any such query on his part, but certainly don't mind making an apology if I missed this - Shad

Anyway, jj, as i said, your points are well taken, and i understand that you might identify with him on some level, and it is a credit to you that you are willing to be so well disposed towards Jon. Maybe you are right, and I am wrong.... i am always willing to learn.

I do identify with him, and I know for sure that if I had been here 6 months earlier, you all would have slaughtered me the same way you did him, and I would have run right back to Byron Katie.

Jon did share with me what he learned here, and how he got some of himself and his feelings back through it. I am so angry that you all chased him away, but at least he got the information he needed.

He won't be the last person coming in here looking for answers, you all. Please, don't smear everyone that needs your help! They WILL look like trolls, and it WILL be hard to decipher them. SO PLEASE BE CIVIL until you know who is who. EDUCATE them, and give them a chance. This stuff is so severe... it's hard for Byron Katie's followers to take it all in, especially when they are being dumped on constantly. I don't think you all have any idea what I've been through, even though you all were being civil to me.

If you really want to get people away from Byron Katie, then PLEASE, stop justifying the way you've treated him, and just be more civil if someone else should find their way in here.

-jj

at the risk of sounding argumentative, i will simply state that I don't feel the need to justify anything i have posted here. I look at things carefully, state my opinion, which of course, you are certainly entitled to disagree with.

Re: Byron Katie(the Work) A THOUSAND NAMES FOR JOY CD w/ Stephen Mitch
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: March 06, 2008 01:04PM

jj52[b
No, that's not what I saying, and when I wrote it, I debated removing it because I had a feeling someone would twist it around to this. But, since you know my mind better than I do...[/b]

-jj

YOU, jj, are giving me waaaayyyy to much power....having said that let me add that your sarcasm is NOT helpful.

regards,
Shad

Current Page: 33 of 297

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.