Current Page: 8 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 11, 2006 06:44AM

The Reserved Articles sections state that "We are not trying to be secretive, but we are trying to get people to read the most important articles (those that are freely available) first." Well, my Bible is freely available, so shouldn't any and all Bible studies be so too? That kind of secrecy makes you look real, real suspicious. Come on, you know it's true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 11, 2006 07:23AM

I won't hide behind a pseudonym, Dave. You and I spoke by phone once when the US team was in L.A. You were typically unfriendly and evasive of my questions. My name is Brian J. Birmingham and I am from Dallas, Texas, which is where I met James of the JCs handing out Liberators by a DART station, as I was on my way to catch a bus. This was in late '01 or early '02. Then that Spring I decided to meet you all again and came to your crowded barrio flat for a Bible study. That is where I met Fran, Sue, Ufuoma (sp.?), and others, I cannot recall their names. My first impression was not a good one, and I got the creeps and left abruptly after less than an hour. The members of the group were all obviously malnourished (Sue in particular looked emaciated like an anorexic), smelly, and seemed pretty pissed off as a whole. The Bible study was entitled, "No More Mister Nice Guy." Fran led the study. This one is among the restricted-access articles now. Do you remember me now, Fran? I tried to take up correspondence with you all again when I was in Iraq but you called me a nut and told me me that since I hadn't forsaken all and joined when I had the chance that I obviously was not serious about following Jesus. Well, I am just as serious a disciple as you. I exhort you, brother: repent of this spirit of cynicism and judgementalism, and embrace the full fruits of the Spirit that Our Lord has for you! I saw none of these fruits when I met you, only bondage and anger. No, love, no joy. I'll be praying for you, brethren. Call me shallow, but why would I want to join a group of malnourished, skinny, smelly, angry people?

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: September 11, 2006 08:41AM

zeusor, I can tell you one of the secret teachings is called "Honest to Whom" which is basically a justification for lying to "systemites" who, really, boils down to anyone who is not in their group. Indeed, it is one of the JC's most fundamental teachings that you must learn to lie to protect and defend the group. They start from the idea that Bible smugglers into Communist China may have to lie to cross the border but end up using this to justify widespread and constant lying by the group to outsiders. Group members always "cover" their leadership and pretend that decisions are by consensus when really decisions are made by Dave wearing down opposition by meetings that can go on practically all night long. Dave has frequently embarked on deception and lying to try and make a media controversy, for just one example, witness "Anita" [www.guardian.co.uk]

The "grievance system" is the way to ensure conformity by Dave enlisting everyone else to peer pressure the odd one out and to enforce starvation ("fasting and prayer") as punishment if they do not conform. Unity and loyalty are absolute imperatives. Intelligent and independant thinking members have eventually left in disgust. Of Dave's 4 children, 3 are completely alienated from him and want nothing to do with him.

His fruit is rotten.

Date: September 11, 2006 11:00AM

Actually, if I remember correctly, James had some kind of health problems and I think he coudn't donate...Xenophone said that he did. Hmmm....

Posted by: Xenophone ()
Date: September 11, 2006 03:07PM

zeuszor
The Reserved Articles sections state that "We are not trying to be secretive, but we are trying to get people to read the most important articles (those that are freely available) first." Well, my Bible is freely available, so shouldn't any and all Bible studies be so too? That kind of secrecy makes you look real, real suspicious. Come on, you know it's true.

Hey Brian, course I remember you. I hope things are going alright now.

Anyway, as for the reserved articles, from what I remember of them they are pretty much like the rest of the articles on the site. I think the reason they are sectioned off is because the group felt it was better that the public read the more basic/important stuff before they move on to the reserved articles. Also, if I'm not mistaken, anyone can access the reserved articles for a few weeks after they are first written because they are located in the "New Articles" section on the website.

IMO I would think that the restricted articles are less offensive than the ones freely available, so I wouldn't worry about missing anything.

Hope that helps.

Posted by: Xenophone ()
Date: September 11, 2006 03:30PM

zeuszor
Hey Xenophone, spills the beans, man: what are the "private teachings"? The secret Jesus Christian handshakes? :lol:

As for so called "secret handshakes" amongst the JCs, there really aren't many, but I have noticed at least one. This was one that I used to do with another JC there, so I know it exists.

How it works is two JCs would meet in a public/private place after not seeing eachother for a certain amount of time. They would then do what can only be described as a combination between a high-5 and a regular handshake. After this they would probably hug momentarily and then ask eachother a variance of "How's are you?" or "How's it going?". This was usually followed be conversation.

NOTE: Some of them bypass the hand gestures all together and go straight to the hug.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: September 11, 2006 04:54PM

Drats I wish I got to this site earlier. Interesting to see the "co-founder" of the Jesus Christians referring to himself as "co" something! I guess you have become more laxed Dave, and given some credit to someone else. One wonders who! Maybe you are being accepting of your wife's role in things these days. Good on you if you are.

I always remember you telling your members to make sure they identified you and you and you alone as the "founder"; or as you would like to describe yourself "annointed apostle". That "annointed apostle" rant you gave once... now locked away into the private archives for access only to those who agree with you, goes so against your previous beliefs of anti-hierarchy. Remember that little pyriamid structure on the one side and the direct connection to the cloud on the other. Well, guess which side you are on now... but then maybe you always were. I was just to silly to realise it.

Man, what has happened to you? Now you are even whipping people for crimes committed against you, and boasting about it while appealing to the sympathy of onlookers to agree with you. I know you would love to have a church that got to be like the Book of Acts and get to bury someone in your backyard when you exposed them. It would be just your luck to accidentally kill someone through your foolish actions; then what would you do.

I have signed my name as "apostate", because that is what I am as far as you are concerned.

Date: September 11, 2006 08:27PM

Xenophone, write me, man. Let's catch up.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 11, 2006 08:33PM

zeuszor:

Please don't post email addresses here.

Wait until you can use the private messaging system with someone.

This possible after 10 approved posts.

Date: September 11, 2006 08:34PM

Sorry 'bout that. Didn't know. :-)

Current Page: 8 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.