Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: sistersue ()
Date: May 09, 2008 06:28AM

Well said Blackhat keep up the good work

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 09, 2008 06:14PM

It seems that no amount of testimony from the most credible sources will convince David McKay to stop his sinful rants against an innocent man, who he has undoubtedly confused as being "Private Eyes".

One can only assume that there is a benefit to him (at another's cost) in following his own advice about when your lies come home to roost. ("If a polite escape does not work, you can simply turn and run.")
[www.jesus-teachings.com]

Or there are at least two other possible reasons for David McKay refusing to recant about David Lowe:

1.) He is holding it as some kind of "joker" in his deck of cards, and is waiting to use it for something "useful", like waiting for an opportunity to use it to get information from the Quakers re the identity of the real "Private Eyes". (thank's Malcolm). Never mind the man who is being defamed! How Quakerly, how Christian, how like a normal human being!

2.) He loves that this is the longest posting on the RR Forum, that Ash had the biggest Australian Story forum, and he doesn't want it to stop. It feeds his ego, and if he acknowledges one tiny thing, the whole house of cards of his infamy will crumble. I am trying to find a nice way to incorporate the words "media slut" into a posting, but I can't think of one. (Maybe David can think of one the next time he hurls a slur at Jezabel? How Quakerly!)
..........................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................

David's obsession with getting media coverage:

I only just noticed this, and I can't think if anyone else has posted about this before.

If you go to the JC homepage:

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

there is a link titled:

"Projects: Information on some of the current projects that the JCs are involved in."

Now when you go to a web site about religious or social justice things, they have projects, and you can see what they do, and how they minister for the good of humanity. You get photos of people who are benefiting from the hard work of the people on the projects, and a rave about how it's a two-way street, and you benefit from the value of the work you do. Yes?

OK.

Go and click on that link to see what the Jesus Christain "PROJECTS" are. Go on, click on it!

Oh goodness me! Their projects are a list of media events! Well my my my!!

We have The Jeremy Kyle Show, Australian Story, Kidney Comments (A selection of articles, letters and links to media reports) and The Trial (inc. Fox television)

So that is what the "Projects" of the Jesus Christians is all about. They do everything with one aim, to keep David McKay in the media. That is the summation of the information they put up about their "PROJECTS"!

IT'S ALL ABOUT "A FAILED PRESS REPORTER WHO DECIDED TO MAKE THE NEWS INSTEAD OF REPORTING IT"!

I pray that individual genuine folk who are members of the Jesus Christians ask David to change what their Projects are, and that all who know him will urge that he redress this wrong against an innocent man, even if David McKay does have to eat humble pie (you know it's good for you Dave, come on, you have told your members so often!)

Posted by: blacksheep ()
Date: May 09, 2008 08:57PM

I am simply going to let you all guess as to whom I am, though it should be no big mystery. Obviously Dave is now trying to burn me for my orthodox theology versus the hetrodoxy I have accused him of on the JC forum. As we all know, Dave has confessed that he does not hold a college degreeof any sort. In like manner, we know full well that I hold an Associates Degree in Theology. I know full well that Dave is showing his willfull ignorance by refusing to read material by other authors because it is "boring" (ask me about my theory of boredom sometime, you may get a good laugh). Yet, by some odd stroke of irony, it is only by reading the Bible (the work of other authors, incidentally) that any Christian church can think to develop thier doctrines. I will not let Dave or anyone else deter me from my studies. It is my hope to someday be a Lutheran pastor. However, I think that it is a good that I am aware of the teaching of the JC organization under Dave McKay (he won't lead it forever and who knows what direction the next leader will go), as that will help me when I am asked about such organizations if I ever become a pastor.

That is all for now. I will be around. I just wish Dave would excommunicate Lisa.

Posted by: barbiedoll ()
Date: May 09, 2008 10:12PM

Hi Toff,

I assuming it is you that has written on the forum? I guessed from the Lutherean comment. I am pleased you have seen the light so to speak. It took me some time to see the light of what was being said. Since leaving i have had some very bad lies made up about me and some really nasty things said anout me. But i remain strong in my faith and safe in the knowledge that i live according to God's will for my life. You stay strong in what you believe and dont let anyone deter you from that. Especially somone like Dave. If you hang around on this forum for long enough you will, like i have, realise that the people here are not working together and are not "hatemongers" they are very caring INDIVIDUALS with freedom of speech and loving hearts. With no hidden agender.

Take care and stay in touch

Kirstie

Posted by: barbiedoll ()
Date: May 09, 2008 10:13PM

Oh and what do you mean about Dave excommunicating Lisa? Could you expand on that a bit please?

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:34AM

Hi Chris and thank you for your input.

Dave can't excommunicate Lisa Simpson (formerly known as Jinny the Squinny). Lisa is Zoe BRIGGS the Jesus Christians' website owner. That is why some people might say, that Dave compromises his position.

I was hoping that might see through the so called, Jesus Christians. Dave hangs it all on being sincere. But those who study cults know that whilst cultists may be sincere, but that doesn't make them right. I was encouraged by your comment on the Jesus Christians website the other day. You said, "study of doctrine helps to establish truth".

When banks teach staff about counterfeit bank notes, they don't simply show them a lot of counterfeits. They teach them what a real bank note looks like. So when they are confronted with a counterfeit, they will know the difference.

Similarly Christians need to understand the core beliefs of the Christian faith and belief in the Trinity is most certainly one of them. A correct understanding of the Trinity is especially important to our salvation, because the Father, Son and Holy Spirit play distinctive roles in the outworking of that salvation.

The problem I see with the Jesus Christians and many of their associates, is that they simply haven't had proper grounding in the Christian faith. One existing member joined when he was only fifteen and they have ex members that were even younger. All being taught by Dave, who by his own admission really doesn't have a clue about sound doctrine and appears not even to care. Provided as he says, he is being sincere.

You have existing members seriously questioning whether reading the Bible is helpful and associates whose knowledge of Christianity appears to be coming from a variety of other cults.

Chris, there are a number of good books that I would recommend to assist you in your pastoral studies, Dr Walter Martin's, Essential Christianity a Handbook of Basic Christian Doctrines and Conviction without Compromise, Standing Strong in the Core Beliefs of the Christian Faith by Norman Geisler and Ron Rhodes are two that come to mind. If you PM me, I will be happy to suggest a few others and will happily send you some if you can't afford them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 12:42AM by private eyes.

Posted by: hello ()
Date: May 10, 2008 01:26AM

In a way, I agree with the JC's- ins and outs of doctrine are not as important as the real message- which is love.
Dave is a liar and manipulator. I've never come across anyone who lies as much as him. He will tell the most outlandish lies- and none of his community question him.
Some of my ' favourite'- if there is such a thing! lol- lies, that he's written about me are:
1. That Brian Birmingham and I were lovers and had moved in together. - We've never even met.
2. That I want to ' forcibly mate' with one of his members and had a dream about him?!- Again, something Dave has made up- and no one questions.
3. That myself and Nick Pope ( who he considered at one point to be THE SAME PERSON!)- were at the Jeremy Kyle show- but were ' too scared' to go up on stage! lol
4. That I have ' powers' - that come from an evil source!
5. That I broke into someone's forum account in order to send a racist email.

Dave is a liar- someone who whose tactics seem to be if he tells 10 lies about someone- at least one will stick. It works with those in his community. I just feel so sorry for them.

Posted by: hello ()
Date: May 10, 2008 02:52AM

blacksheep
I am simply going to let you all guess as to whom I am, though it should be no big mystery. Obviously Dave is now trying to burn me for my orthodox theology versus the hetrodoxy I have accused him of on the JC forum. As we all know, Dave has confessed that he does not hold a college degreeof any sort. In like manner, we know full well that I hold an Associates Degree in Theology. I know full well that Dave is showing his willfull ignorance by refusing to read material by other authors because it is "boring" (ask me about my theory of boredom sometime, you may get a good laugh). Yet, by some odd stroke of irony, it is only by reading the Bible (the work of other authors, incidentally) that any Christian church can think to develop thier doctrines. I will not let Dave or anyone else deter me from my studies. It is my hope to someday be a Lutheran pastor. However, I think that it is a good that I am aware of the teaching of the JC organization under Dave McKay (he won't lead it forever and who knows what direction the next leader will go), as that will help me when I am asked about such organizations if I ever become a pastor.

That is all for now. I will be around. I just wish Dave would excommunicate Lisa.

BTW Toff- welcome to the forum! The fact that you might know a little bit more than Dave- makes you a threat. However- what you might want to take away from this experience isn't so much the theological disagreements- but the treatment you receive for disagreeing.x

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: May 10, 2008 05:55AM

Dave playing the victim card AGAIN

I am, of course, offended by the suggestion that I can or would arbitrarily excommunicate anyone.

Does that mean I am allowed to post on your forum now?

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: May 10, 2008 07:57AM

Its laughable that Dave tells Al off for getting personal in his attack on Tofferer, because he was just following Dave's lead. I thought Josh demonstrated how a reasonable discussion on a theological point of difference can be made even if it was in the midst of a mob attack. I agree with his point of view AND defend Tofferer's right to express his own without being labelled or bullied.

That whole thread is a small insight into how group think operates inside the community. When it becomes clear someone is having difficulty towing the party line they are hounded into conforming or leaving with the mob's assertions about how right they are and how stupid you are ringing in your ears.

Dave used to comment on how faith healers and the Pentecostal phenomenon of 'slaying in the spirit' operates through the power of suggestion, where the individual is programmed to believe that they should "claim" their healing or fall over if they are amoung the faithful and how when they comply this feeds the ego of the manipulator who begins to think he really does have special powers.

I think something similar happens with Dave. When he identifies who is out of line, the community lines up to echo his sentiment and he gains power from that. I think that has fuelled his confidence in asserting speculative and hateful lies against people too. Since the community has been told he can discern things that others can't see, people accept Dave's paranoid and speculative assertions by faith and look for the evidence to support it, to prove they can also see what Dave sees, and so their lies become fact. And nothing that anyone says on the evil outside can get through.

Glenn (who has been on the receiving end of such a phenomenon in the past has learned to play the game in hurling stones at the Kirsty when she left and now at Tofferer too. If such behaviour is supposed to represent the ways of The Force (to borrow Glenn's Star Wars reference) then we are happy to be outside of such "light". All free thinking individuals prepared to oppose group-think "Force" are welcome to join 'The Rebellion' against oppressive 'empire' regimes.

I agree with the concern that Lisa Simpson has regarding the power of moderators to ban or edit people's posts and would welcome her starting a new forum where JCs and XJCs can freely communicate without one side having an advantage over another. This is one site that is trying to do that; [jcs.xjcs.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.